Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

“Your mother?” Alvara jumped into the conversation. “What happened to her?” She stated, being intrigued. 500 years...that was even a shock to her. Being stuck in an orb for 500 years...wow. In her opinion 3 years in prison was forever. Each day was pure suffering, no time to recover. Just whipping after whipping after whipping...another friend dead week after week. All of it was and will forever be in her memory....never to forget.
William (played by Treel)

"tieflings from my home are considered abominations that shouldn't exist and are said to bring misfortune to the entire land and so they are hunter like wild animals whenever found. my mother did her best to protect me but because of what i am i was separated from my her at a young age and was hunted for sport or for glory, i spend 5 long years running from everyone hiding in the shadows always sleeping with one eye open, until one day i was cornered by a group of humans they wanted to cut me up and sell my parts for potions and alchemical ingredients, then Viker spoke to me they told me that as long as i did what they asked i would be able to protect those i care about.... and punish those that dare hurt them.."

Alvaras eyes widened...being hunted. She knew that feeling...she had known that feeling since she was sixteen. Her whole life was spent running. Running away from her family, her home, her future. She had always had a high place on the wanted list ever since she left. But his mother...he was taken from her when he was young. A feeling she understood but...making a deal that involved an evil wizard was foolish. She really couldn’t say anything though, most of her deals were self centered not worrying about how others felt.

Alvara sighed, in a way showing she was sorry for him. Under her breath she would whisper words that no one could hear. She stated words of pain, what caused her pain. Alvara knew what it felt like to lose family and having to run but losing 500 years of what could be a fun life...that was something she would hopefully never experience.
Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

Tovin sheaths his weapons and glances back and forth from Dulirn to Alvara and lastly to Will. He leaned against the wall listening to the Teifling speak. The name Viker interested Tovin. "Whose that, Some lord or shamen?" He then noteses a small thread in his cloak so he decides to cut it while waiting for a reply.

"Viker is much greater then any lord or shamen i guess the closest word to describing them would be they are a god like being. would that be an accurate way of describing you master Viker?"as he says this you hear the crow kaw "they say they are no god but are simply law and balance given a form, oh viker likes to take the shape of a crow" william gets up and stands tall and he holds one arm out and lets the bird land on it" every i introduce you to Viker the master of law and order"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn's attention snapped to the crow, eyeing it with the same curiosity that he had William.

"A tiefling warlock... committed to law and balance?" he raises a questioning brow. Demon-spawn tended, at least in his experience, toward chaos rather than law. Their very magic stemmed from making a pact with some otherworldly being. Was this Viker a Fiend, perhaps? Or some kind of Archfey?

But no matter what he was... there was little doubt William would want the Black Pearl for himself. And he already seemed to be swaying Alvara to his side.

"I think we should be getting along. If we do not find a way out of this tower before sunrise, we may be trapped here for another decade until the phases of the moon and stars align again." Or perhaps drowned... he wasn't really sure which.

Alvara looked at Dulirn, seeing he was a bit curious on the situation. She turned to look at William. Law and balance was a bit of an odd trait for someone like William. He looked as if he would murder thousands with no hesitation, not to save. Perhaps he grew up a loving life before he was taken away from his mother. How you act when your older is very affected on your past. A loving home? The words sent a furious feeling through her body. But it just didn’t balance out. Even if he had a loving home, he still had to run for years and years on end. That right there had a drastic effect on her. She was and still is always broken, always hurting whether it be mental or physical but this man... he acts as if none of that affects him. Maybe his actions are different from what he’s think?? Alvara brushed off the thought, there was no need to question someone who had 500 years to think.

“Agreed” she stated, looking back at Dulirn. The faster they got out of here, the better chance they had a living. Alvara as she walked past William, looked him up and down then continued to walk up to Dulirn. Indeed she still had questions to ask William but they weren’t important. The only thing that was important right now was getting out of here alive and barely injured...

William sighs a heavy sigh" you wish to learn more about my intentions to be more exact why i a being born from the chaos would choose to be one who upholds law and order, I will be happy to share my story with you in more detail but for the moment i would like to leave this place, do anyone of you know how to get out of here?"
Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

As the party continues onward Tovin follows suit, he looks back to William, "You coming?" Tovin then pulls out the large blade on his back, because of the tight corridor he's forced into block stance he approaches the end of the hall way and looks down both sides.

On the left passage there seems to be a study from where you stand you can clearly see a book case full of dusty tomes, and in the center a small reading table complete with chair, lit candle, and a single half opened book.
On the right you are immediately confronted with a wooden door adorned with an iron knocker in the shape of a wolves head, there are no other distinguishable marks.

Tovin glances back to the group meeting Dulirn's eyes in particular. "which way should we go?"

((Real quick this weapon is going to make no sense unless I explain it, take the hook blade, make it longer and the hook at 90% instead of 45%, extend the handle to fit two hands, and add an additional one handed handle half way up the blade for more precision strikes. for simplicity sake both hands on primary handle is war stance, one hand on primary one hand on secondary is block stance. ))

Alvara grinned, seeing how everyone completely dodged Williams statement to leave. The only way to get out was the way they came in, or so she thought. But good luck getting back there without running into some issues. She followed shortly behind Dulirn, hearing Tovin from behind.

Alvara looked to the left, seeing a dusty book and some tombs. She was overly curious about the book considering it was half open. Alvara wanted to read the pages and see why they were open. Maybe William knew of this place and what the book was supposed to do. Alvara looked right, there was a wooden door with an iron knocker in the shape of a wolf. How strange... She looked at Tovin as he spoke then looked back at Dulirn, waiting for a response.

William fallows behind everyone until he reaches the two rooms he then looks into the room that is filled with dusty tomes and a half open book "Viker do you think you could tell me what that book says" viker kaws as they fly into the room and hover over the book you then hear consecutive kaws "I see thank you viker" and with that viker returns to Williams shoulder

Alvara turned to face William, “what does it say?”. Her tone was a bit excited and anxious but she tried to cover it up. She was very impatient and curious to hear what it said. After all it was a book and she loved books. Maybe this one was of magic? Most likely, considering this tower was magic.

William looks towards alvara "Its the evil wizards journal the page its on is the last entry he put in."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Let us have a quick look in there..." Dulirn stated, pointing toward the study. "Perhaps we can find a reference to where the Black Pearl might be," he added eagerly. The wizard was unable to resist the temptation to peer at the very books that Sezrekan had once read. "His journal? That could very well make mention of the Pearl..."

William looks at Durlin "what's the black pearl? Is it something that can help us get out of here. "

Alvara followed Dulirn into the room. She was very tempted to read his journal but this man was evil. There could easily be something more powerful in there that shouldn’t be mentioned. Alvara looked at Tovin and William, staying far behind them all. It would be best if she kept away. Dulirn was interested in it and she would allow him to read it, trying to find anything about the Black Pearl. Alvara leaned against the wall, looking down and thinking.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"The object of our quest here..." he explained to William, but kept his explanation intentionally brief, still suspecting the other may challenge him for it. "A conduit of magic."

He grew excited as they entered the room, scanning titles of various books and reading them aloud. While the arms and armor had been easy for him to resist, these were much more... tempting. "Ecology of the Goblin" , "Properties of the Domesticated Troll", "Strategies & Tactics from the Earlex Civil War", "Grey Wizard’s Treatise on Advanced Transmutation"

William enters the room and begins silently looking through the bookshelves not for anything in particular but just to pass the time until everyone is ready to leave, After a few moments William spots a crud leather bound book the title seems to have been worn away due to poor conditions he grabs it and begins thumbing through the book it appears to be an index of all the magical items throughout the wizards lair, seeing this William begins looking through it with a little more seriousness reading about staffs that could summon lightning from the heavens and doors that lead to different planes of existence, he then decides to look for the black pearl that Dulirn spoke of Viker who is perched on Williams shoulder is also reading the book. "Hey Dulrin could you tell me what it is the black pearl does and what you might want with it?"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

When William locates the entry for the Black Pearl, he finds this:

29vf3f5.jpg

Dulirn, still looking over the collection of books, unaware of exactly what Willam was reading, replied, "...a conduit of magic, as I said... It will protect my own home while I venture forth on my never ending quest for knowledge of the arcane arts."

Alvara looked at William, seeing him find a book and opening it. It probably just had something to do with magic so Alvara relaxed once more, crossing her arms. She watched as Dulirn continued to look through everything, being very intrigued. Alvara lightly sighed through her nose, looking back at William. He had found something... something that he had a question about. Was it the Black Pearl? Or some other magical item in this wicked tower? Alvara listened to the both of them talk of this magical item. She truly couldn’t care less what it did as long as it got her a reward in the end. But a certain word intrigued her, protect. “Protect ay?” She asked, raising a brow. Surely a wizard who could cast spells and such didn’t need that much protection. I mean...he wasn’t the best with the sword or any other weapons. Maybe his magic weighted it out evenly?? Alvara leaned her head back against the wall with a sigh of exhaustion.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus