Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

William (played by Treel)

William steps to the side "if you believe breaking the door down is the best idea i wont stop you."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Foolishness?" For the first time, the wizard's ire seems directed at her. "You have spent most of this trip pointing angry glares in my direction, as if I were personally responsible for the existence of an evil wizard that died hundreds of years ago, before I was even born. If anyone needs to give up her foolish notions, it is you."

"Break it down," Dulirn said to Tovin.
Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

Alvara shoots him an angered glare. Hearing him speak made her blood boil, she just wanted to get this thing over with. She said nothing but her eyes said it all. Her eyes looked like that of a blood red, wanting to kill. All she wanted to do at the moment was stab someone or something. Get her hands dirty with blood. She stepped further away from him, trying to contain herself. Alvara blinked quickly then listened to Tovin speak. Tovin spoke to kick down the door and she said nothing, just kept looking at Dulirn.

William tells Viker to transform into a spear and he readies himself for any possible enemy attacks. "there might be an enemy on the other side of this door i suggest everyone ready themselves just in case"

“Mhm will do” she turned to face the door, looking away from Dulirn. Alvara grabbed her daggers, spinning them around. She was most comfortable with either a dagger or a bow, not so much the sword but she still carried it if it was needed.
Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

((Sorry I wasn't posting, around 3, I got a massive migraine.))

Tovin squares up against the door, with his Tathneer raised. "Alright, stand back."

He reels back the head of the blade and slams it into the door pick first, splinters of wood dust the floor. He pulls the head out and repeats the process twice. The last strike lands with much more of an echo than before. Tovin then adjusts his position and uses the Tathneer more like a bottle opener, wrenching down and prying up, the room is filled with the sounds of Tovin grunting and the shattering of wood. Eventually with one finale heave the door gives way, on the other side is... Trees? and grass and moon light. you all can feel the calm soft breeze pour out from the entrance.

Tovin grasps the Tathneer with one hand and scratches his head with the other. "Wait, hold on, did I miss something? How are we outside!"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"It could be that the gate took us outside the tower completely," Dulirn opined, brushing off Alvara's latest murderous glares to focus on the scene outside the door.

"Or perhaps it is but an illusion. It is difficult to tell without venturing forth," he looked toward William. His momentary stand-off with the other magic-user put aside in favor of the pursuit of the ultimate goal. "When the orb broke and you came out, were you in the same room as when Sezrekan trapped you?"

"no before i was trapped we were having a battle on the very top of the tower, hes probably changed the layout of the tower since then so I'm afraid i probably wont be of much help." William looks into the open area "do you think this is an illusion made to trap us? i could cast a spell of true seeing if its an illusion it should dissipate."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"It very well could be..." the wizard answered amicably, then said "That would be most appreciated."

It was also a good opportunity for Dulirn to evaluate the warlock's magic to see what information he glean about its source of power, as well as William's casting style. Did it, for example, require the use of this Viker? Did William use his hands? Or his voice? Both, perhaps?

"i can only give it to one person at a time so im gonna use you dulirn as the first person since you appear to be the most magically adept" William walks over to Dulirn and places his hands over dulirns eyes and begins silently chanting in a language unknown to anyone here as this happens Dulirn feels his eyes begin to flood with magic and it feels as if he is looking through a crystal lens anyone watching will see a flash of light coming from Williams hands as he recites the incantation and you will also notice a strange aura being channeled to William from Viker "there you go you should be able to see things the way they truly are."

Alvara watched at Tovin began prying open the door as she continued spinning her daggers around . She tilted her head to the side from what she saw...trees? The outside? How in the world did this door lead outside. Alvara paused, looking over at Dulirn as he spoke. Her face wasn’t as happy as it was before talking or seeing him...something was just bothering her.

She looked at William as he spoke, listening to him talk of using his magic. He would cast a spell that caused the eye to see clearly...correctly. As William walked over to Dulirn she tilted her head. Williams hand moved over Dulirns eyes as a flash of light appeared from Williams hands. How fascinating... she looked at Viker, seeing a blue aura being channeled to William. So his power is from Viker??? She asked herself. Alvara sighed and put away her daggers, waiting on Dulirns reaction.

Dulirn, As the spell works it's magic you are able to see now that the sky is only an illusion, it's simply a vary high ceiling. however the trees and grass are vary real. Through your research or Sezrkan's magic you can distinctly see his handy work, he always had a way of making his own. With the way he built it with it's peaceful serenity, this must have been where he came to relax.

All of you, there is a sudden scent in the air, it smells like ginger, lemon, honey, and... steeped black tea. then you start to hear the clinking of glass, and soft, happy whistling.

Tovin looks up to the sky and relaxes his shoulders. "Where ever we are, it's seems nice." He then hears the whistling and stiffens. He instinctively pulls out the hook blade for better maneuverability, sheathing the Tathneer. "Is that, whistling? who'es whistling."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

It was slightly risky, letting this warlock anywhere near his eyes. But his desire for the Black Pearl overruled extra caution, so Dulirn allowed William to cast his spell.

"The trees appear quite real," the wizard comments to his companions as he looked out the door with "fresh" eyes, then steps out among the trees. "But I think we really are still inside the tower. It must be bigger on the inside..."

He seems unphased by the whistling as he pauses and sniffs the air. "Do you smell... tea?"

Alvara watched Dulirn as he spoke. Real trees? Why in the world would someone want trees in a tower when they could just go outside? She was a bit puzzled at the thought. Alvara crosses her arms, watching as Dulirn stepped out amoung the trees.

It didn’t take her long to recognize the smell, it was tea...black tea. She paused, moving her hands slowly to her daggers. The sound of whistling filled her ears. Where on earth- Who on earth was making the whistling? The whistling was like a knife in her ears. Even though it was a smaller but distant whistle it was still very annoying. She pulled out her daggers, spinning them around once more being a bit anxious to find out who or what was the source of that dreadful noise. Alvara never answered Tovins question but her answer was displayed on her face. The same look from when they first met as Tovin tapped his fingers on the bar. “Indeed” she paused, answering Dulirns question.

William picks up on the smell of tea and whistling right away not even caring about the others he begins sneaking into the large room Viker turns into a bastard sword in Williams hand. he walks up to the trees hiding in their shadows so as not to be seen fallowing the sound of the whistling until he comes across its source.

William , as you come across the source you can't believe your eyes, there sitting on in a chair, surving tea, is Sezrkon. without looking up he simply says in a soft tone. "Ah, William my boy! please come, take a seat. I'll get you a cup of tea." He then motions to a chair and looks up at you. "Oh yes, tell Alvara I am dearly sorry about the whistling, that must truly get on her nerve." He then flashes you a smile you have never seen him were, and than he fetches a tea cup from under the table for you."

"id say i cant believe your still alive but knowing you im sure you wouldve found a way to become ageless eventually." William cautiously walks over to the chair and sits in it. "but still i thought after you had defeated me you would have continued with your plans. tell me why have you remained still for over five hundred years?" Viker changes back into a crow and nests on Williams shoulder "could you also give some tea to Viker black is his favorite." William takes the cup of tea but does not drink it he just holds it in his hands.

"Sezrkon Scrunches his face in confusion. "Um.. First I've always been ageless, Second I've never fought you, and third I didn't stay hear all that time. I was out enjoying my self." He reaches for another cup for Viker, but changes his mind and pours some tea into a small saucer for the bird. He grins presenting the dish to Viker. "Hear you are, though if you are drinking out of a saucer, I think you should look the part don't you?" He then snaps his fingers, the crow seems to elongate and shift into a black cat. "That looks better."

You see a figure of a small girl behind Sezrkon, you recognize it as Vinnya, his daughter. She wears a look of utter dread. She whispers the words "help me."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

William had disappeared amongst the trees. "Let's find out..." Dulirn says to Tovin as he begins to walk in the general direction of where the whistling had been coming from. He moved slowly, touching various trees along the way, admiring them. "I would like a room such as this!" he mutters to himself. "Magnificent!"

((Treel, was that the 5th ed d&d version of that spell? If so, gambit, it lasts an hour!))

Tovin follows Dulirn through the woodland making sure not to harm the foliage. Listening to Dulirn talk Tovin gets the feeling that that true sigh spell must have worked and this place isn't anything. "Yeah, you can say that again."

As we encroach on the open expanse we see William and Sezrkon having tea, Serzhon turns to great yo. "Ah, Welcome Dulirn and Tovin. You both must be vary tired, please come, take a seat, I'll fetch two more cups for the both of you." As you look at Saezrkon the true sight picks up nothing. You look behind him and find the girl from before, though with the true sight you see her much more clearly, she wears a look of absolute horror. It's being directed to Serzkon. She gazes up to you. "Please you have to help, that's not my dad!

((He's a 5th edition, I know because he uses him for a real game where I play a Half-Orc, Monk.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus