Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

Dulirn, As the spell works it's magic you are able to see now that the sky is only an illusion, it's simply a vary high ceiling. however the trees and grass are vary real. Through your research or Sezrkan's magic you can distinctly see his handy work, he always had a way of making his own. With the way he built it with it's peaceful serenity, this must have been where he came to relax.

All of you, there is a sudden scent in the air, it smells like ginger, lemon, honey, and... steeped black tea. then you start to hear the clinking of glass, and soft, happy whistling.

Tovin looks up to the sky and relaxes his shoulders. "Where ever we are, it's seems nice." He then hears the whistling and stiffens. He instinctively pulls out the hook blade for better maneuverability, sheathing the Tathneer. "Is that, whistling? who'es whistling."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

It was slightly risky, letting this warlock anywhere near his eyes. But his desire for the Black Pearl overruled extra caution, so Dulirn allowed William to cast his spell.

"The trees appear quite real," the wizard comments to his companions as he looked out the door with "fresh" eyes, then steps out among the trees. "But I think we really are still inside the tower. It must be bigger on the inside..."

He seems unphased by the whistling as he pauses and sniffs the air. "Do you smell... tea?"
Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

Alvara watched Dulirn as he spoke. Real trees? Why in the world would someone want trees in a tower when they could just go outside? She was a bit puzzled at the thought. Alvara crosses her arms, watching as Dulirn stepped out amoung the trees.

It didn’t take her long to recognize the smell, it was tea...black tea. She paused, moving her hands slowly to her daggers. The sound of whistling filled her ears. Where on earth- Who on earth was making the whistling? The whistling was like a knife in her ears. Even though it was a smaller but distant whistle it was still very annoying. She pulled out her daggers, spinning them around once more being a bit anxious to find out who or what was the source of that dreadful noise. Alvara never answered Tovins question but her answer was displayed on her face. The same look from when they first met as Tovin tapped his fingers on the bar. “Indeed” she paused, answering Dulirns question.
William (played by Treel)

William picks up on the smell of tea and whistling right away not even caring about the others he begins sneaking into the large room Viker turns into a bastard sword in Williams hand. he walks up to the trees hiding in their shadows so as not to be seen fallowing the sound of the whistling until he comes across its source.

William , as you come across the source you can't believe your eyes, there sitting on in a chair, surving tea, is Sezrkon. without looking up he simply says in a soft tone. "Ah, William my boy! please come, take a seat. I'll get you a cup of tea." He then motions to a chair and looks up at you. "Oh yes, tell Alvara I am dearly sorry about the whistling, that must truly get on her nerve." He then flashes you a smile you have never seen him were, and than he fetches a tea cup from under the table for you."

"id say i cant believe your still alive but knowing you im sure you wouldve found a way to become ageless eventually." William cautiously walks over to the chair and sits in it. "but still i thought after you had defeated me you would have continued with your plans. tell me why have you remained still for over five hundred years?" Viker changes back into a crow and nests on Williams shoulder "could you also give some tea to Viker black is his favorite." William takes the cup of tea but does not drink it he just holds it in his hands.

"Sezrkon Scrunches his face in confusion. "Um.. First I've always been ageless, Second I've never fought you, and third I didn't stay hear all that time. I was out enjoying my self." He reaches for another cup for Viker, but changes his mind and pours some tea into a small saucer for the bird. He grins presenting the dish to Viker. "Hear you are, though if you are drinking out of a saucer, I think you should look the part don't you?" He then snaps his fingers, the crow seems to elongate and shift into a black cat. "That looks better."

You see a figure of a small girl behind Sezrkon, you recognize it as Vinnya, his daughter. She wears a look of utter dread. She whispers the words "help me."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

William had disappeared amongst the trees. "Let's find out..." Dulirn says to Tovin as he begins to walk in the general direction of where the whistling had been coming from. He moved slowly, touching various trees along the way, admiring them. "I would like a room such as this!" he mutters to himself. "Magnificent!"

((Treel, was that the 5th ed d&d version of that spell? If so, gambit, it lasts an hour!))

Tovin follows Dulirn through the woodland making sure not to harm the foliage. Listening to Dulirn talk Tovin gets the feeling that that true sigh spell must have worked and this place isn't anything. "Yeah, you can say that again."

As we encroach on the open expanse we see William and Sezrkon having tea, Serzhon turns to great yo. "Ah, Welcome Dulirn and Tovin. You both must be vary tired, please come, take a seat, I'll fetch two more cups for the both of you." As you look at Saezrkon the true sight picks up nothing. You look behind him and find the girl from before, though with the true sight you see her much more clearly, she wears a look of absolute horror. It's being directed to Serzkon. She gazes up to you. "Please you have to help, that's not my dad!

((He's a 5th edition, I know because he uses him for a real game where I play a Half-Orc, Monk.))

Alvara raises a brow, hearing someone talking from the room. There seemed to be another man... she walked in, being a bit farther behind Tovin. Alvaras eyes widened...it was him. Sezrekan. She looked him up and down, watching him sip from his tea. It was a bit of a shock to her, she for sure thought he was dead but apparently not. Alvara looked at the girl, seeing her mouth the words: “help me”. She focused back on William, watching him as he spoke. How come Sezrekan was offering tea? It was a bit off...something was off. She put away her daggers in one swift movement, focusing back on Sezrekan. Alvara said nothing but was obviously listening.

William seemingly unfazed by all this continues holding his tea. "what have you been doing all this time then?" Viker unconcerned with his new appearance sniffs the tea. William begins trying to think about what could be the reason Vinnya has such a face could it be that this man isn't who he says he is.

Sezrkon continues with a smile. "Just watching different heroes, collection items of great power. Oh, and for a month I was relaxing on a beach in Dolvar, I even got a tan." He then tilts to the side and faces Alvara. "Alvara! please take a seat." he starts scanning around the table "How about some fresh backed Biskot orange tarts? they used to be your favorite when you where a child if I remember right. Back when everything made scenes, ey?" He then snaps his fingers and before your eyes a small silver platter appears decorated with little golden tarts, the warm citruses scent is almost heavenly, Sezrkon lifts the platter. "Have one, be my guest."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

It simply had to be some sort of illusion or trick... didn't it? The ghost girl claimed outright that it was. And could Dulirn's research have been so wrong? He'd studied everything about the wizard he could find. Surely he would have heard tale of Sezrekan if he had shown back up anywhere in living memory.

But he glanced up toward the "sky" and could still plainly see it was naught but a high ceiling, then looked back toward "Sezrekan". He looked real enough.

If he was real and living, Dulirn had little hope they could best the powerful wizard in a fight. "I'd prefer to stand...and I do not much care for tea..." he said. Neither of which was true, but there was a trap here... he just had to determine its exact nature. "Do you and your daughter spend much time here, in your forest?"

Alvara looked at William then back to Sezrekan. She smiled as he stated that he got a tan, considering he looked overly white. As Sezrekan turned to face her she gave him a bit of a confused look. He knew her name?? How? She paused her thoughts...probably because he’s a wizard. Alvara walked over to the group, taking a seat. “How do you-“ she began before the spell of warm citrus filled her nostrils. Oh how she loved them...her mother used to bake them but something was still bothering her. She simply shook her head “no” as Sezrekan offered her one. “May I ask you a question?” She paused, taking a deep breath. “Do you know of a man named Erebus...from the Northern Kingdom?”.

Sezrkon looks befuddled. "Daughter?" He turns around and faces the girl, she becomes petrified with fear. "Oh yes, her. You've been a little thorn in my side since I've been here, I think it's time for you to go." She turns around and trys to run away while frantically screaming. "No please! Don't do it, I beg of y-." Before she could finish Sezrkon smiles and and says an a calm tone. "Good bye." Like a candle being blown out she's gone, He turns around. "Sorry about that, how bothersome." His eyes meet Dulirns. "I assure you there's no trap you can calm down, and enjoy your self, please."

Sezrkon then attentively listens to Alvara's reply. "Erebus?" He sits there tapping on his chin. "Yes, your little friend." Sezrkon then shakes his head, his hair changes to a mess of light brown tangles, red robes shift to a storm blue ranger armor, his ears become pointed, and his eyes become a piercing blue. He cocks his head to the side and stares at Alvara dreamily with a faint smile on his face. "Do you miss him?"

Alvara watched as his daughter left the room, she seemed absolutely petrified. She sighed then looked back at Sezrekan as he spoke to her. His hair changed into light brown tangles...those like Erebus. His eyes and ears were the exact same...her breathing became fast in complete shock. She moved further back in her seat, trying to comprehend what he was doing. “I-I do miss him dearly....” she looked at Sezrekan. This couldn’t be right...no no no! This was all fake, Erebus is dead! “I wish to know what happened to him” she stated still in shock.

Erebus gets almost giddy a the thought. "Now that's the interesting part, you see, he never truly left the northern kingdom. He was called in by lady Elecia one night for a private mission to find evidence against lord Kombris her political rival. But lord Frayon lady Elecia's husband came home drunk, seen Erebus in his house, suspected Elecia of being unfaithful, and tossed him over the balcony railing from the third floor head first onto the hard cold ground. Of coarse since they're nobles they needed to protect there name, so they covered it up." Erebus sips some tea but then holds up a finger. "Oh yeah, you know what the best part is? His last thoughts were, of you. Imagine that! he must've liked you a LOT."

Alvara sat there, completely petrified and shocked...he was-he was in the kingdom the whole time... “That can’t be true!” She stated angrily. Her eyes were clearly filled with sadness and anger. She could’ve done something to save him. This whole time she thought that he left the kingdom for some mission of sort. That’s all she was told...a lie...even being in the guard with him that’s all they told her. Alvara stiffened her position, clearly a bit uneasy. “And how do you have his bow?” The questions kept coming as if her mind wouldn’t stop thinking. She looked at what appeared to be Erebus and took a deep breath, trying to keep herself a bit steady...something wasn’t right.

"who are you" William says to Sezrekan with a cold stare of emptiness. the blue aura that connects William to Viker now begins to get stronger and turn a red hue.

Erebus clasps his hands together and smiles "Because he asked me to." He shifts in his chair. "Because he wanted you to have it, to remember him by it. I knew you were coming so I placed it somewhere you wouldn't miss it." He then looks up into the sky for only a moment. "He was wise. I could learn something from him." Erebus leans closer to Alvara and took a more serous expression. "He also wanted me to tell you something, He wasn't afraid that you started to use your skills to kill, he feared that it would change you, that it would changed the girl he fell on love with."

He then turns to William with a smile. "Well, i'm not Sezrkan. Nor am I Erebus."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus