Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » You're all Crazy (1x1)

Deirdre (played by beefy)

SLAM, SLAM, CLANG! Deirdre finished off with her work out, dropping the weights where she usually stored them. Sighing, she wiped the sweat that had gather on her forehead, before taking off the head band that held her hair out of her face. The stereo played loudly on the speakers through out the underground, she made her home in. Deirdre sat herself on a car, that she had been progressively fixing up, taking a towel she set on the hood and throwing it around her neck. Deedle lee Deeee! Deedle lee Deeee! Her wrist computer beeped a couple times as she took a swig from her water bottle. "Yo." her voice rang out as she answered the call. "Rutt?" a heavily tattooed man appeared on the holo. "What's up, Rapture?" "Rutt. You're assignment has been moved to today. You're to meet with Enzo later on today." "Alright. Thanks, dude." "Be sure to be on time. You know how he can be..." Rapture seemed to cringe at the thought and Deirdre scoffed. "Yeah, yeah. I won't be late you can count on that. Alright. I'll patch into the com later. See ya." Rapture saluted as she dropped the call and headed to have a shower.

It didn't take long for her to shower and change out of her work out clothes. As she walked out of the bathroom, she finished slipping on her brown t-shirt. Checking the time, it seemed she had several hours before she had to meet. Quickly, she slipped into her blue jeans and strapped her knee and elbow pads on, equipping her stuff. It was to be a simple infiltration mission of course and she was to equip herself for it. Deirdre then zipped up her leather jacket and put on her boots. By then time she was then equipped with her weapons and backpack she then headed on out through the storm drain on the other side of the garage.

Soon, she had neared where she was to meet Enzo. Jogging down the nearest alley, she soon spotted Enzo having a smoke. "Hey." "You're late." Enzo seemed grumpy. "Well, you choose the weirdest places to meet up." Enzo stood up straight. He was a tall man, wearing a dark blue shirt and leather vest. He looked like a punk rocker, with half of his head shaved and long part of her hair dyed a platinum blonde. "Let's get going, I brought the bikes." "Where are we going?" "Just follow, I'll explain on the way." Before she knew it, she was on a motorbike, speeding down the main streets, following Enzo. The loud sound of the two bikes echoed in the streets as they drove. "We are going to a facility out in the country side. The document we were sent said--" "To infiltrate and recover Project 16 for the client." Enzo glared at Deirdre from under his helmet. "Good... You read it. The address said it was based somewhere out in the country side." "Alright, let's get moving then." Deirdre set the bike to a different gear and sped ahead of Enzo who quickly did the same, both of them following the gps to the location they'd drop off their bikes and continue to the facility on foot.";
Dave Jameson (played by Freyya)

Dave got the backpack from his room and slung it crossways over his shoulder, strapping it tightly to his back. He checked if he was set. The goggles were pulled off of his eyes and were now strapped around his forehead. The short red scarf that he used for facial protection in dusty environments was hanging loosely around his neck. He pulled his tank top - that was slightly curled up at the bottom - straight again and pulled his shoes on.
He opened the door of his room and yelled down, "Mom, I'm going out!"
"Alright, be careful!" the reply cam. Dave got back into his room and closed the door, opened the window and jumped through. His room was on the first floor, so he flew a few seconds before he touched solid ground. As soon as he felt the tips of his toes touch the ground, he threw himself forward into a shoulder-roll, perfectly breaking his fall and spreading the impact over his entire body instead of just his hands and back, or feet. He got up into a quick run and vaulted the wall, then disappeared around the corner.

As he ran, He thought of where he should go for training today. he remembered an old facility not too far from where he lived. He could just get the bus to the city, but he didn't feel like it today, and the facility was a good alternative. He turned right the next street, over a first smaller wall and executed a well-timed Dive kong over a broad wall.
Upon arriving, Dave looked the facility over. It was old, and the signs of decay were beginning to show, but it was still sturdy enough. He ran over to the side of the building and launched himself up a wall, grabbing on to a first floor window and pulling the rest of his body up in one quick movement. He ran all the way along a catwalk, and performed another wallrun at the end of it, kicking off and back at the highest point and grabbing an overhanging catwalk. He pulled up again and stood there for a second, overlooking the main hall of the building.

At that point, he heard a pair of motorcycles approaching. Thinking he had somehow triggered an old silent alarm, he quickly ran across the catwalk to the other and, where shadows hid him from view. He just crouched down there and looked at the entrance, interested in whoever would still come to an old place like this.
Deirdre (played by beefy) Topic Starter

Just before they reached the gate to the facility, Enzo skidded to the left and drove into the forest, Deirdre following close behind. They drove in a fair bit, seeming to avoid the front area. They soon happened near a large old looking willow tree before skidding to a stop. There stuck to the tree was a holo that indicated the rendezvous point. As they stepped off their bikes and switched them off, Enzo closed the holo which would indicate to their supervisor that they had arrived. There was a couple beeps coming from both of their wrist computers now. The two pressed a button and then there was a moment of static.

"Ok, I'm connected into your headsets. You're free to proceed." Rapture logged in. Deirdre smirked. "Hey, Rapture." "Konbawa, Deirdre." "What's up." "Eh. Not too much, just finished getting back from HQ, they--" Enzo intervened, serious as he seemed to be. "Cut the chat. Is there any signs of life or any alarms in the building?" Rapture was silent for a moment, most likely giving Enzo a look. "...No. The building is old an decaying, all alarms were disabled a long time ago. But, I can't guarantee, once you find the real entrance that there won't be guards." "As always..." Deirdre sighed with a pout. Rapture chuckled and Enzo sighed. "Let's go." Deirdre followed Enzo as he approached the fenced off facility. The two climbed the fence easily, continuing to run until they reached the building. They scaled the building with ease, soon disappearing from Dave's view, onto the roof.

Deirdre stopped as they reached a large whole in the roof the main part of the facility. Plants had overgrown the edges of the whole and the inside had almost no light, other then the various wholes around the building. "Alright. Going in." Enzo said as her lowered himself in. Deirdre followed him, carefully scaling the rubble down into the facility.

Dave stayed where he are as he heard how they scaled the walls near the entrance and got onto the roof rather than trying to bash down the main door. This surprised him slightly. He closed his eyes, using his imagination to picture the front of the building and using the sound he heard to picture how they managed to climb up there. They got up at a good speed, but not quite as fast as he would since they - to his perception - just climbed up instead of searching for the quickest way.

He then saw shadows fall over a hole in the roof that he hadn't noticed before he cursed slightly and pulled back in the shadows until his back was pressed against the wall. He was now thankful for his dark clothes as he watched the duo -obviously armed and capable- descend into the large empty building.

Enzo stepped forward into the dark room, Deirdre close behind him. As she descended onto the last piece of rubble she slipped, skidding onto the mossy floor. The male ahead of her groaned as she squeaked. "Would you be careful?!" he hissed at her. She gave him a scowl. "Hey! It was an accident!" she stood up straight, brushing herself off. "Why are you always so, damn mad at me?!" she tried not to yell at him but, spoke quietly. You could hear the anger in her voice. "I've only had 3 or 4 missions with you and you always are--" Enzo cut her off, turning to her. He looked down on her with a growl. "Well unlike you, I'm serious about these missions. Maybe you should sharpen up and you'd maybe get some more higher paying missions AND maybe get a higher title!" he growled as she retorted. Deirdre fell silent, resisting the urge to punch him in the face. She didn't think she was like that. She was serious about these missions, why do you think she was still alive?!

Enzo observed the area. "Turn on your night--" "Already did." Deirdre hissed at him as he turned and saw that she had put on her night vision goggles on. Enzo glared at her as he then slipped on his. The two began to spread out and search the area and rooms for the entrance they were looking for. Deirdre stopped at a door near Dave, suddenly feeling like there was someone else there. Looking around a moment, she just so happened to not turn in Dave's direction before going into the room.

Dave held his breath without even knowing as he sat there on the catwalk, with Deirdre passing by just below her. He made sure to keep quiet and not move, yet still the red haired girl stopped in her tracks. His heart was beating in his throat as she was looking around but he was lucky enough not to be caught. He watched her move through the door and to the room beyond, with Enzo right behind her.

Passing into the next room, Enzo brushed past her as they observed an old control room, with old terminals. Blinking, Deirdre turned and saw a door that looked sealed underneath a bunch of vines. She pressed her headset as Enzo looked over the terminals. "Rapture. I think we may have found the entrance... But it's sealed. No keypads or anything. Just some old terminals." Rapture seemed to be fiddling with something for a moment. "Ok. Connect me to the terminal and let me see what I can do." Enzo then connected his wrist computer to the terminal, the screens coming on with a flash. The room lit up, as info scrolled down the screens. "This is the entrance, however there should be armed guards behind it. If you want to stay quiet, I would suggest maybe trying to find a maintenance passage in the building. Deirdre looked at Enzo who didn't seem to favor that option. "I think we should follow Rapture's advice." Enzo was silent but shook his head. "No, we've found the entrance and I don't feel like taking the long route around to our objective." Deirdre rolled her eyes. It wasn't a wise idea. "Rapture, use the terminal to ask the guards to open the door." Deirdre positioned herself beside the door and Enzo did the same. Rapture hacked the system. "Patrol, reporting back. Open up." There was silence for a moment before the com replied back. "Opening doors, welcome back patrol." Deirdre and Enzo drew their silenced pistols as the door creaked and slowly slid open, steam hissing out.

Once the doors opened, a couple guards stepped out, only to be shot down by the two mercenaries. "Alright. We're clear." Deirdre didn't have a good feeling about this idea. She searched the guards for key cards and I.D's. The woman picked up what she had and continued onward, following Enzo who stepped silently inside. The corridor past the vines was white. Every panel in the corridor, glowed a brightly and hummed. Rapture spoke through their headsets. "Find a map. There should be a map of the underground facility where security is located."

Dave waited until the sounds died out, and waited some more after that. At the same time, he was contemplating wether or not to follow them, until eventually his curiosity beat his good sense. He slowly climbed down from the catwalk and walked through the door. A room full of old terminals, and neither of the two that just passed right underneath him was there anymore.
At that point, he saw the door. And the two bodies lying to the sides of it. He stumbled back against a wall and fell to the ground in shock. He couldn't tear his eyes from the two former quards, and was suddenly unsure. Yet once again, curiosity beat good sense. With shaking legs, he walked past them though not without taking a pistol off of one of them. He was pretty sure he could never bring himself to using it against a human being, but he felt slightly safer with it anyway. Feeling extremely uncertain, he followed the duo into the hidden part of the facility.

Deirdre looked to Enzo as they turned down the left corridor, their pistols out in front of them, ready to shoot down any enemies. Enzo quickly looked down the next corridor to see a robot, wheeling itself up and down the hall way. He quickly backed away and hid behind the wall. Deirdre gave him a questioning look. "Patrol Drone." she nodded as she rolled to the other side of the door. Enzo then slid a small box down the corridor. The box slid right under the robot, suddenly letting loose an electric charge on the bot that then disabled the patrol drone. Enzo proceeded down the corridor. Deirdre was about to follow before she looked down the corridor they had come from. She still had that feeling as if they were being followed. She didn't like it.

Deirdre followed Enzo down the corridor until the reached a hallway. The wall in front of them was windowed and looked out over an empty laboratory. "Deirdre. Move on ahead and see if you can find the security office. I'll head back and go down the right corridor, see if I can find it." Deirdre nodded and didn't bother to argue with him. Besides she would've liked to get away from him for a little bit. Enzo then left Deirdre and went back to the other corridor.

Dave walked through the hallway and eventually got to a turn in the path. He saw Enzo approaching again. He suddenly held his breath and retreated back into the shadows. Once he was sure that he was gone again - and making sure that he was - he stepped back into the corridor and followed the man into the hallway.

Enzo walked down the corridor and soon approached a door. Stopping at the door he slowly opened it, only to find a staff break room. As he entered, several researchers looked up with surprised looks, only to be shot several times. Each dropping to the floor and slumping in their chairs. Enzo looked around the room and saw a laptop on the table. Approaching the laptop, he eventually found a full map file of the entire facility. It was pretty large considering. He connected the wrist com to the laptop. As he did this he heard loud footsteps coming from down the corridor he'd come from, however these were not Dave's. These were most likely some guards. "Rapture. Download the maps." "On it." Enzo turned off the lights in the room, putting himself beside the door, in the shadows. He waited for the approaching footsteps to come towards the room.

Dave was lucky to have heard themselves as well, and managed to hide himself in yet another small corridor that branched off the one that led to the staff break room. He had heard something, of what he thought were people falling, but he wasn't sure. He saw the patrol walking past him. When he thought they were past, he let out a sigh of relief.
Suddenly he got grabbed from behind and dragged into the hallway. "I knew I heard something!" he heard a man behind him say. The patrol - only just before reaching the break room door, turned on their feet and looked at the intruder with surprised looks on their faces. Then they came at him, and the first guard who had grabbed hism smashed him into a wall and put a pistol up against his head. Dave froze. "What are you doing here." the man asked with an ice cold voice.
"N-nothing." Dave replied, his voice shaking.
"NONSENSE!" the man yelled in his ear, and Dave flinched. "This is the last time i'll ask. What are you doing here!?"

Enzo peered out the door, suddenly seeing what was going on. What was that kid doing here?! He gritted his teeth before suddenly, swinging the door open. The door slammed against the wall as he stepped forward, grabbing the first guard he saw. He attacked and the first guard seemed like no match for him, but the next guard who saw him, aimed to shoot Enzo, letting off a couple rounds. One bullet grazed his rib cage slightly. Enzo scoffed as he shot down the guard and immediately grabbed the guard who had been pinning Dave to the wall and his hand, aiming the gun to the ceiling in case he tried to shoot the kid. Enzo struggled with the guard for a moment but managed to break the guards leg and shoot him once her fell to the ground. The angry looking male, peered down at Dave menacingly with his piercing blue eyes. "Well then... What are you doing here kid?!" he reached to grab Dave by the neck of his shirt and lift him up against the wall.

For a minute, Dave was relieved when the man saved his life. That relief quickly turned to fear again as the man did the (almost) exact same as the man he just saved the boy from.
"Nothing!" Dave once again replied, and in truth. He didn't know what he was doing here, his curiosity was the only reason he got caught up in all this.

Enzo narrowed his eyes. "Did you follow us?" he hissed as he then heard more guards coming. Enzo would then let go of Dave and try to pull him in the dark staff room with him. "Rapture, we've got a problem." "What is it?" "We've got a stray pup, who shouldn't be sticking his nose places."

Once inside, Dave struggled to shake Enzo off of him. Once he got free, he took a look around, only to see the scientists' dead bodies spread around the floor. His eyes grew wide and he got dizzy as he absorbed all this new info.

Enzo saw how Dave reacted to the bodies. "What?!" Rapture exclaimed. "And he's a newbie too...Hey kid, never seen a dead body before, huh?" he asked, crossing his arms. There were guard approaching the room now. The male went to the door, swinging the door so it'd give Dave some cover. "Stay hidden, kid." he said angrily as the guards took positions down the hallway. Peering out, he shot at the guards. Bullets whizzed into the room. "Deirdre. We're gonna need some back up." The was static for a second. "...We?" "I'll explain when you get your butt over here." he growled at her through the com. "OKAY! OKAY! On my way." she muttered a few things before turning off her com. "Consider yourself lucky, kid." Enzo spoke to Dave. "That guard would've blown your brains out, if I didn't decide to be nice."

Dave needed some time to get over himself before he turned his attention back to Enzo, who had spoken to him a few seconds ago, by now. "T...thanks sir..." he stammered, not knowing what else to say. All words in the world refused to come over his lips. 'thanks sir' were the only two words he managed to utter, and thus he repeated them a couple times, still dazed by the sudden events.

Enzo let loose a couple bullets into some guards and looked down at Dave. "You should be thanking me, kid." he muttered. He was after all defending him right now. There was several minutes of them shootings at the door before suddenly there was a faint clash of metal to the floor. Enzo saw what was coming and quickly shut the door to the room. Several guards screamed as suddenly a grenade went off, leaving the wall tainted black and red. Smoke left behind from the blast, flowed into the room as Enzo opened the door with his gun ready. "Guards eliminated. You're clear to come out." Deirdre spoke over the head set. Enzo then looked down at Dave. "C'mon." he growled as he stepped into the hall as the smoke cleared. Deirdre stepped out from behind a wall at the end of the hall, her pistol drawn.

Dave muttered another thank you. He winced as the door suddenly flew shut, followed by the grenade's explosion. When the loud noises finally subsided, he followed Enzo out into the hallway. he coughed as he accidentally inhaled some smoke, then looked up to see Deirdre standing there, weapons still at the ready. He immediately recognized her s the person who had walked right underneath him when he was hiding in the shadows on the catwalk.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » You're all Crazy (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus