Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » ATTN: Former RoseCrest Members.

Hey guys,

*edit* In the interest of making this as easy on Kim as possible. We're going to have all the RPs moved to a different group. This way, if you want your RPs back. You can come and save them.

Previous Message

So, after discovering the group and our personal RPs had been thoughtlessly deleted last night, I PM'd Kim right away to see if there was a way to get them back. Here is what she said:

Kim wrote:
Hi Jinx,

I'm booked solid today and can't go rooting around in the backups, but I've been telling the people that were in that group that need RPs back that if they PM me the title of their RP AND the group and forum where they want that RP moved to by this weekend, I will do my best to find them in a backup this Saturday. Pass the word around and see if you can all come up with a list?

I can't make promises that RPs will be 100% as they were. The backup runs once a day, so any posts that were made between the last backup and the deletion will be kaput. But if I remember correctly, those two events were only a few hours apart, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Kim

Now, if you have RPs that you want recovered, please reply to this thread with the information:

Previous Forum:
RP Title:
New Group/Forum Location:

Please send this information to Sanne or Loki. As a moderators they are obligated to respect the privacy of hidden groups and anonymous characters. They will make sure that a list gets compiled and sent to Kim.

The whole point of this thread is to make all of this as easy for Kim as possible. By getting all this information onto one list, we will cut down the time she has to spend on this whole kerfuffle. This is not something she should have to do. She is very busy running RPR for us on top of her other obligations; receiving a ton of extra messages is not only too much extra work, but it is unfair of us to ask of her. So, if you genuinely want them back please list them below.

Hopefully this will work for everyone.

-Jinx
This is a good idea, I've already Pm'd mine to Kim, but I will post it all here again in the morning. :D
Sanne Moderator

This is a great thread to get everything settled back into place! We understand a lot of people are upset with the sudden decision that was made, but I hope everybody can remain civil and focus on getting their roleplays back. :)

Kim can be PMed directly, but she's super busy and we're going through all the kudos right now to get exciting new features ready for you all. The idea of combining the requests into one topic sounds fantastic, but I fear that such a public topic may cause people to withdraw and ditch their roleplay because they prefer to remain anonymous completely, and feel this is too exposed.

To help Kim out, I (or one of the other mods) could be the collection point of PM requests, then forward a complete list to Kim while ensuring we have all the details necessary. :) This way all information will be handled by someone committed to keep member privacy (in case someone fears their identity may be compromised, although I'm pretty sure Highjinx is equally as committed to this as we are! <3) and we won't run into issues with lacking info.

But if the members are alright with this public approach as well, that's fine all the same!
Highjinx Topic Starter

Thank you so much Sanne, I was really worried about the privacy issue. -__- Thanks for stepping up <3
I have no problems helping compile a list with Sanne :) I hope everything can stay civil and be resolved quickly! <3
I cannot emphasize how happy I am to see that these rp scenarios have been saved! Not only for myself, but for all the other rps that were saved! A big thanks, hug and love goes to all who helped with the process if finding these rps, but an especially big thanks goes to any moderators and Kim who recovered these lost tales.

It really means a lot to me, as I'm sure it means a lot to other people, and an so happy this a worked out! <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » ATTN: Former RoseCrest Members.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus