Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Am I a horrible person because I feel like one

Galaxy-Star Topic Starter

Dungeon_Dad wrote:
Galaxy-Star wrote:
So I was talking to another player on here who was experiencing relationship troubles. And we haven't known each other much as I was trying to be there for this player. But I'm technically not supposed to be on here so yesterday I was most off and doing college work because I have a lot to do. I came back for a bit to just respond to a few and found out that the player ended the relationship, I told them that i was sorry to hear.

Then I had to get off again and continue school work. I come back this morning because everyone is asleep and I see that the player said, "You weren't there when I needed you" and I see that there iss a slash in the name.

Am I a bad person because I wasn't able to be there for this person?

i think that youre just a normal person. you have your own responsibilities and obligations. im sure youd have loved to be there for them. But, in your life, you come first. so, if they wanna play the guilt card, pardon my french, **** em. their loss.

You french is pardoned and I understand

SexySultryBabe wrote:
No. Real life is more important than online life. You have your own life to live. You're a beautiful person. So they quit. You'll find there are some really caring and wonderful freinds on this website.

Aw thank you
I agree with everyone that posted on here.

What that person did was a very manipulative, mean thing for them to do. If they did it once, it's probably a pattern for them, and they probably would have done it to you again and again, and then you would have ended up in a frustrating cycle of guilt/relief/guilt/relief/guilt. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but in the process of trying to hurt your feelings, they actually did you a favor by taking their toxicity elsewhere.

I am like you. I get something out of trying to be there for people who are hurting and when I can't, it feels awful. I get really invested in things like this. People. So I know how you must feel. It's like a blow to the stomach when someone that you've been talking to deletes their account, even without the situation that was going on here where you were trying to be there for them and then they made that guilt-tripping comment at the end. So that's a really hard punch to the gut. I sooooooo get it and I'm sorry they did that crap to you. No, you are not a horrible person at all, you are a lovely person.

It sucks to worry about someone who has a history of a certain behavior but I'm sure they are fine, because if they hadn't been they probably wouldn't have pulled that. I've known someone like this before and I'm glad you didn't get sucked in too deeply, because you seem like a really, really nice person and don't let anyone make you feel like you're not! Because you obviously are very kind! <3 :) :)

It'll be okay!

*hugs hugs hugs hugs*

Abigail_Austin wrote:
I agree with everyone that posted on here.

What that person did was a very manipulative, mean thing for them to do. If they did it once, it's probably a pattern for them, and they probably would have done it to you again and again, and then you would have ended up in a frustrating cycle of guilt/relief/guilt/relief/guilt. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but in the process of trying to hurt your feelings, they actually did you a favor by taking their toxicity elsewhere.

I am like you. I get something out of trying to be there for people who are hurting and when I can't, it feels awful. I get really invested in things like this. People. So I know how you must feel. It's like a blow to the stomach when someone that you've been talking to deletes their account, even without the situation that was going on here where you were trying to be there for them and then they made that guilt-tripping comment at the end. So that's a really hard punch to the gut. I sooooooo get it and I'm sorry they did that crap to you. No, you are not a horrible person at all, you are a lovely person.

It sucks to worry about someone who has a history of a certain behavior but I'm sure they are fine, because if they hadn't been they probably wouldn't have pulled that. I've known someone like this before and I'm glad you didn't get sucked in too deeply, because you seem like a really, really nice person and don't let anyone make you feel like you're not! Because you obviously are very kind! <3 :) :)

It'll be okay!

*hugs hugs hugs*

Awww thank you so much I really appreciate your kind words of comfort *hugs* *hugs*
That is not okay to think such a thing. Clearly that person needed someone who didn't have a life outside of RPR. You had things you needed to do outside of something online. Everyone has a life to tend to, so I don't want to hear such a thing ever again from ya star, okay?
Aye, you are not a horrible person for not devoting 100% of your time to them--take it from another person who tends to get overly invested in trying to help the people with difficult problems, even if you have no other obligations aside from seeing to your immediate needs, you can't be there to smooth over every crisis and hurt feeling they experience or cause around them, it's just not physically possible--inevitably something will happen while you are taking time to eat, or sleep, or otherwise care for yourself.

It is impossible to devote 100% of your time to anyone. Except maybe the selfish route of yourself, but you are obviously not that kind of person, or you wouldn't even be worrying about this. *Hugs tightly*

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Am I a horrible person because I feel like one

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus