Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » RPR Knitwear Giveaway! (Winner announced)

I'm not applying to win either, because I'm rooting for certain people to win so don't wanna dilute their odds. Lol.

However...before this thread closes I gotta say...

You sure are talented at knitting, Sanne, these look so good!

And I'm gonna answer the question for fun and to share. I went way overboard but I'm in an analytical mood. Here's my little essay..............lol.

Influence of RpR on Me

RpR has helped me with some social skills and hugely with writing skills. The writer in me was just waiting to come out when I discovered RpR. All the skills and pieces were there, inside, but no vehicle existed to facilitate me putting them all together, resulting in art.

In that sense, the skills, desires, experiences, and personality traits to be a good writer were all there within me, like threads of yarn, if you will..., and RPR is the knitting needle that allowed me to knit them all together into a pattern (roleplay) that produced a beautiful result. Actually I think of RpR (in particular, and RPing in general) as---like---a loom. It weaves of these different threads together--the social aspect, the vocabulary aspect, the plot aspect, the expressing-emotions aspect, the visual aspect--and before I know it, I've suddenly got a piece of fabric in my hands. You know? I knew I could write before RpR, but I thought I sucked at fiction. I did suck at fiction. I don't now. I am good at writing fiction now.

Some other ways in which RpR has influenced me are:

1. Good Friendships

2. Helping me to isolate and identify what I find beautiful or horrible about many things and phenomena that I have strong feelings about, by requiring/allowing me to go through the process of describing them in words.

3. The bliss of sharing and having someone know, understand and care about your inner thoughts.

Further explaination of this

Some people find IC interactions completely impersonal--I can't. To me, even how I describe a sunset shows what particular qualities in sunsets that I find beautiful. What qualities move me, in particular. Or when describing a beautiful woman or what an embrace feels like to me and what fear or anger feels like to me, or what love feels like to me, or what a rainy day looks like to me. Those, to me, are inner thoughts, and for someone to care enough about my inner thoughts to actually read them and respond kindly, by sharing their inner thoughts with me in return--their way of viewing the world--its BLISS to me. This whole process is bliss to me. I get lazy sometimes or unmotivated but, in general, the exchange that happens during roleplay is a very intimate and meaningful thing for me, and that's why I find it so addictive.

4. Better understanding different peoples' plights. I have had the motivation to look up and read about many diseases and mental health issues because of people here who I know with those issues.

5. Experiencing what support groups are like (HFY), and realizing I might want to be part of one IRL someday.

6. Picking up writing tips from people by seeing how they write.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

@StaticNightmares: Thank you so much! They feel pretty comfy, and I'm so glad to be seeing so much generosity around here myself. <3 It's pretty amazing.

@Abigail: That was an amazing read, thank you for sharing that with us!! It's pretty amazing to see how much has happened for you, and I'm so glad we got to be part of that process with you. :D

Alright guys! The giveaway is officially closed for entries! I had a real blast reading all the entries, and it makes me happy to know we got 8 whole entries even though knitting is kind of a niche thing to give away. I really appreciate all the love you've shown in your posts, both on this thread and on RPR in general, and I couldn't be happier to give this labor of love to one of you.

Just so people won't be stuck in suspense, I figure I might as well go ahead and roll now. ;)

Here's the list:
  1. CelestinaGrey
  2. damnationfromafar
  3. Hikari_Yagaza
  4. Reroll!
  5. Imthenaysayer
  6. KatayokuNoTenshiVII
  7. Reroll!
  8. LightSide-Lucree
  9. Pirate
  10. MadRatBird

I'll be rolling a 1d10. If it lands on a reroll, I'm rolling again. Best of luck to all!

rolled 1d10 and got 7

Of course it's a reroll, LOL. Here we go again!

Congrats to Celestina!! :D I'll PM you shortly!

rolled 1d10 and got 1

Congrats Celestina
Yeah congrates to the winner:)
Oh my gosh yay!!! Thank you so much!! I was a bit nervous being the first entry, but in so happy!!
Imthenaysayer

Congrats
Congrats to the winner!
Ayy, a little late to the party, but congratulations!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » RPR Knitwear Giveaway! (Winner announced)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus