Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The fight for Earth (Closed)

ODST (played anonymously)

Happy *****ing birthday, thought James as he ran through the city-turned-battlefield. His sniper rifle bounced up and down on his back as he ran full sprint to the next waypoint. Sweat dripped from his face as he frantically tried to avoid the massive chaos around him:

Banshees dove, taking out his fellow marines and ODSTs. Brutes decimated UNSC troopers with their gravity hammers, Elites slashed with their swords. Ships fell from the sky, buildings crashed to the ground.

Happy birthday indeed. Today was the day James turned 26. He and his squad celebrated by risking their lives. His present? A magnum with his name engraved on it. Lovingly shipped from home.

This same magnum happened to be the weapon he used to shoot two Unggoy in the face. They were particularly annoying due to the fact that their plasma pistols and Needlers were harmful in more than one way. Significantly less dangerous than an Elite, but the Grunts' weaponry was still deadly. (CHKCHKCHKCHKCHKCHKCHKCHKCHK- BOOM!)

James made it to the waypoint and found that the objective was dead.
"Damnit!" There were supposed to be civvies who hadn't made it out in time, and were trying to escape. They were hiding out in a building- Which had been cleared out with a few Brutes. The motion sensor told James that there was someone behind him, and he promptly spun around with his pistol poised to sting.

A jackal. A quick shot to the head solved that problem.

James decided the building could still serve as a good vantage point, and began to climb the stairs to set up. Today was gonna be a long day.

After he set up, he could pretty much see the whole city. The buildings weren't too tall here, and this one towered above them. He only needed to go up a few extra floors to be able to rain death on his enemies. He powered up his in-helmet communications radio link, or comm link for short.

"This is James. The civvies in the building you directed me to are dead, but I have a good vantage point. I've set up a small camp here and I should be able to take out any targets you direct me to, over." He thought a minute, and then added: "Requesting ordnance at my location. A spartan laser would be nice. Or maybe just some ammo, over."

"Copy that, James." Came the reply. "We're sending a team your way. Over."

"Great. Just make sure they don't attract any covies. The last thing I need is a needler up my ass, over." James looked through his scope and began trying to pick off any targets he could find.
Duff (played by Kassidis_Daddy)

'This is great, more crazy covvies that are probably gonna glass the planet' Duff thought. He looked around at his team. "Hey guys, lets be as quiet as possible. Lets not get our asses shot, or James killed." He turned on his night vision and looked around. "Guys, got a Brute patrol up ahead. Who wants em?" Duff whispered. He looked back to his squad and crouched behind a road block and waited for one of them to respond before Sweet Thang met a brutes face.
Bobbi Stevens (played by Limeface)

"As if we needed to be quiet, the place is a damn hot zone." Bobbi snapped irritably. She had been rushed out before she had even finished her lunch. It was burger Wednesday for Bobbi, and now she was utterly pissed she didn't get to enjoy it.

"Mine." she said hungrily, crawling over to the road block. She peeked over carefully, not-noticing a wraith sail right over the point. One..two...three brutes, one with a pop-rocket concussion rifle. One grenade should work.

Bobbi waited for one to get distracted by the ship above before she lobbed the grenade over. She quickly ducked back down, and listened for the wonderful cry --- there it was. "Geeeeeot them! There's a jackel party up ahead, heading towards James' click. We can pick them up on the way, lets move to the next building!" she shouted, rushing to take the initiative.

Vaulting over the barricade, Duff ran after Bobbi. JAll im sayin is, id like my ass to stay in one piece!" He said as he ran alongside Bobbi. Duff leveled his magnum and aimed for the jackal. Duff aimed and shot the jackal in the back of the head, chuckling as it tumbled over itself. "Lets just get this shit to James." He said, putting his pistol in its holster and pulling out Sweet Thang, just in case any more covvies started feeling froggy.
Aurora Thompson (played by Sydigo)

Aurora had been late. She got the call awhile ago and was busy doing other things at the time. She ran towards where the others would be, turning sharp corners and bumping into a few things on the way. Aurora cursed under her breath. She felt rushed but she knew this was her job. She was already all up in her gear.

Aurora slowed her pace to catch her breath once she spotted the others in the distance. She then took a moment to look around at their surroundings. She pulled out her gun once she took what was going on in. Aurora then ran up to the others. "I-I'm sorry I was late...!" She stuttered as soon as she got up beside them. She felt guilty for being so stupid. She should of gotten off her ass and made her way once she realized she had to go. She made a mental promise that she would never do it again.

She looked around, with her gun still in her hand. Her grip around it was tight, just in case anything were to attack. Aurora didn't talk that much, she just thought about what to do.
ODST (played anonymously) Topic Starter

James overheard the conversations via comm and chuckled inwardly.

"Don't have too much fun, now. What's your ETA, over?" He asked.

It was dark, but that didn't matter much. Firefights lit up the sky pretty well. Where he was at, the street lights helped him see for little while out. Most of the buildings were collapsed at least partially, allowing him to see pretty well.

Hopefully they got here soon. Dropping ordnance to him wasn't possible unless he was willing to run out to get it in an ocean of alien monsters. Not gonna happen.

Bobbi looked over her shoulder. "Apologizing is a sign of weakness soldier, good to see you anyhow." She said honestly. In one fluid movement, Bobbi whipped her shotgun from over her shoulder and into her hands. Her fingers danced around the pump, giddily, then whistled seductively at her prey before unleashing a burst of power straight through one of the jackels' shields.

"Wouldn't be an ODST if I couldn't have fun." Bobbi grunted. Gold and red splashed her visor with light as she continued moving. "Where we at Duff? I'm busy with the children!" She shouted over the blasts and squeals.

Duff ran up next to her and shot some covvies down to buy him a moment to speak. "Were about-" BLAM "50 yards awa-" BLAM BLAM "Away from James!" Duff shouted over the roiling noises of the battlefield. "Hes on the roof of that building over there." He pointed to one of the few buildings that still had some structural integrity to it. "And dont worry about it Aurora, just kill enough of these bastards and ill pretend i piggy-backed you here myself!" He smiled under his visor, shot a few more stragglers that remained, and dashed towoards James's location

(James is actually inside a building, just on a higher-up floor and looking out a smashed-out window. Being on the roof would leave him pretty vulnerable to Phantoms and things of that nature.)

"Good. I have visual... Incoming!" A covenant dropship flew over the group's location. So much for the stealth approach. A veritably large group of grunts, jackals, and brutes jumped and immediately began firing. That might not be so bad, but then two hunters appeared in the fray.

"Take cover! Holy- This isn't good. Get the hell out of there. Now!" The heavy peal of a sniper round quickly followed, dropping a brute. "I don't have much ammo, I can't provide support for very long. Take a detour!"

(Skip Duff this turn, he's gone three times already. Bobbi, then Aurora, then me, and then Duff. Is that cool?)

Bobbi cursed, she had been just about to make a mad dash up the sidewalk to James when the call came over the com. Like hells angels the covenant floated onto the battlefield, and proceeded to open fire.

"Look out!!" Bobbi roared as a brute shot exploaded above her head. With her ears ringing, Bobbi leapt for cover behind a concrete pole. "Copy that," she breathed. "Maybe we can cut though a building, stay off the streets and any fliers.."

She looked around the column and lobbed a grenade. The jackals sputtered before tumbling to the ground. "Aurora! Your turn!" Bobbi called.

((Sounds good to me))

Aurora was following the others when she heard the call as well. She gave out a short gasp before hiding behind a building from the jackals. Sh tried to steady her breath as she peaked her head out from behind the building and looked at all the jackals and other threats.

Aurora pressed her back up against the building wall as Bobbi threw a grenade at the jackals. She heard a few bodies drop on the ground before she peaked over again and held onto her gun tightly in one hand. "Copy that. I'm going in." She replied to Bobbi over the com. She looked down at herself to see if she had any other weapons she could use against them. She found a small gun resting in a little slot on her hip. She swiftly pulled it out with her free hand. Two is better then one She thought as she made her move and stepped out from her hiding place. She held her two guns up high and began shooting at grunts. A few tumbled on the ground and another small party of grunts did so after. Aurora then began walking up the street towards the pack, killing some along the way as she made her way closer to James. She knew the others would shortly after follow so she didn't have to tell anyone.

"Dammit, Aurora! I said take a detour, not go straight through the damned covenant army!" Looks like he was going to have to cover them with sniper fire after all, despite the fact that he was almost out of ammo. Screw it, he'd meet them in the middle. After landing a headshot on a Brute who was about to beat Aurora's brains into the nearest wall with a Gravity Hammer, he quickly put his sniper rifle on his back, and pulled out his Magnum. Didn't exactly know how they did it, but he could scope in on an enemy without there being a scope. It was pretty cool.

~~~~

He ran through the streets, taking out various stragglers and avoiding the bigger groups, hoping to reach his own group in time. "Guys, change of plans, stay put. Don't draw attention to yourselves, stay out of sight. I'm coming to help you." Running was hard, dammit. Did Aurora even go through training? Whatever, it didn't matter anymore. He continued running.

"Greeaat" Duff sighed. He got up and started shooting anything that moved. Running low on shotgun ammo, he swapped it out with his pistol. "Youre ugly, and yo mamma dresses you funny!" Duff said, taunting a grunt he shot in the head. What he didnt notice was the hunter in front of him. He also didnt see it swing and hit him. But he sure as hell found out when the sucker flung him 15 feet back. "Shit." Duff coughed.

"Aurora you land rover!" Bobbi cursed. Good Lord. "Avoiding attention is going to be a little hard now!" she shouted over the com as her attention "flew" to Duff and his catapulted body.

She will likely laugh about that later, and she had plans to do so, but for now it turned her blood hot with rage. Her hands flew to her waist -- damn it, no grenades. Pumping her shotgun, and clutching it tight and close, Bobbi jumped from behind the column. With a nasty growl she blasted one of the hunters in the face, and let out a laugh as it groaned angrily.

"COME AND GET SOME!" She howled, drawing the bastards attention. And when the column shuddered from the enormous laser cannon, Bobbi just hoped they'd left their asses open.

((Sorry for the late reply, got busy at work! >A<; EDIT: Bobbi has not killed the hunter, just made it angry))

Aurora clenched her fists, holding her guns even tighter. "I had that!" She called out even though she knew she'd almost gotten herself killed. But it was worth a shot. Aurora shook her head, clearing her cloud of thoughts before retreating back swiftly.

Aurora watched as Bobbi blasted a hunter in the face. She was still holding onto her guns tightly. She had seen Duff get hit and fly back as well. Aurora started stepping away from the attackers, still shooting anything she saw and that she needed to shoot. She was slowly making her way to Duff but didn't know if she could get to him because of all the attackers. Aurora continued shooting anything that looked threatening. She didn't exactly know how they were going to take a detour around this mess, but hell, she'd try. It's better then being killed by them, even though she'd just risked her life a few moments ago.

James ran fast; Dodging detection by Covvies, diving into alleyways to cut his route short, and shooting out the occasional straggler. He turned on his night vision and saw his group through the remains of a building. Night vision back off, he cursed and looked for another way around.

"I'm here! Try and stay put, hold them off for as long as possible! I'm coming!"

Seconds later he burst onto the scene with his SMG in hand. (Yes he could hold three weapons. He had the capacity to hold one on each hip, why waste space? :P) He burst through a few jackals before seeing the hunter. "Holy crap." He tossed a grenade at it and hoped for the best.

"How are we holding up?" He called out. Didn't seem like they were in such good shape. He continued firing on the hunter, noticing its partner only a few feet away. "Guys..."

Duffs body felt like it had been ran over. But he was good at channeling his feelings and his pain. His pain went to anger, anger that covvies were at it again. And then it was hatred, hatred at the particular hunter that bitch slapped him like a rag doll.
Slowly, Duff began standing up, but the more it hurt, the angrier he got. He took slow steps forward, until he was numb with rage, and charger the hunter. He saw it swing this time, he dived and rolled behind it. He spotted a crack in its armor, and shoved the barrel of his shotgun in it and let Sweet Thang have its way with the hunter.
Watching it fall, "Glad you could join the party James." Duff panted

With at least one hunter now gone, Bobbi leapt out from around the nearly destroyed column and proceeded to punch - kick her way through the rest of the jackals. "Walkin on sunshine over here, but alls well!" she grunted as she rammed her boot into one of those disgusting faces.

Bobbi saw the last hunter begin a charge towards James. With a sharp whistle, she pointed at it. "Aurora! Shoot dat ass!" Bobbi's guns were all short range, but she did what she could with her assault rifle to try and slow the bastard down.

(sorry guys, apparently Aurora had to, erm, "drop" out. :P So now it's just us.)

Aurora seemed to be knocked into the next week by the hunter, and James saw it coming towards him. He hastily tossed a grenade and then dove out of the way. It wouldn't even phase the oncoming Hunter, but James continued to fire with his close-quarters weapons.

"I tell you guys to not draw attention to yourself, and what do you do? Throw yourselves out into the middle of a skirmish. Just great!"

(Duff can post after me, I'm just posting to get the rp rolling again. Just because Aurora is no longer with us doesn't mean this cant be a great rp)

Bobbi cursed as she saw Aurora get tossed across the field. Even if the soldier had been stupid to walk out in the middle of the plaza, it still made Bobbi upset that a soldier had been killed like that. Man that had to hurt like a bitch.

Bobbi turned to James. "Don't blame us sweetheart, the girl had a case of simulated battle syndrome. Should I have ignored her and ran to you? You at least seem able to take care of yourself!" She shouted over his gunfire, and tossed James a clip.

"Let's go Duffie!" She pointed at the hunter.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The fight for Earth (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus