Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Duo D'orchestre (Open RP)

Kai Aeun Shimatori (played by aeun)

Greens, orange, red and different changes of gold tinted the atmosphere presented by the trees that lingered in distanced allocations of 4 to 5 meters apart going down a finely pat dirt road. Going down this road the sky was just barely visible through the beautiful array of leaves that held no set time at which one or maybe two would depart from their parenting tree to descend in a delightful twirl to the ground. The air had a nip to it that required some form of extra layering to maintain comfortability. For some miles the road continued onward down what could be considered a tunnel of trees until a building finally came into sight. Vehicles of all sorts of different price arrangements were parked neatly in a column fashion in this clearing where the building sat very much in the middle of. Gravel strewn walkways led into the tri-door entrance for those attending this anticipated spectacle.

An auditorium of decent proportion nestled a distance aways from the city. Each set of glass double doors were tinted as though to preserve the serene atmosphere; while one led up to a VIP section with a bird's perched view of the auditorium's insides complete with wine and delicacy services. There were some late arrivers, but still quite the audience nonetheless. Down the large hall fleeting music could be heard coming from down the dimmed, carpeted corridor. No posters decorated the walls of this straight walk to build any further anticipation than what was already mustered.

The corridor opened up to a darker scene with a single light showing on a stage where two individuals took on. One stood near the front edge of the stage with a violin held in hand in First Position. The bow moving gracefully along the set of five strings producing a joyous, yet mystical tune. The gentleman here was dressed in a proper tuxedo, but with a black and white Fedora to keep his inhumane ears hidden from the public; tail also hidden tucked away down the back of the inside of the left pant leg. Eyes kept shut as his hands and fingers influenced the instrument, coaxing such beautiful notes from each string. This was all to the enjoyment of the listener's ears, those who sat in the darkness in comfortable cushioned seats with both eyes set on the twin pair on stage.
Night's attention was not on his twin and duet partner, but nigh nonexistent all in all. He had lost himself in the composition so much so that without the anchor that was the magnificent notes which rang through the benumbing air, he would have surely been lost to his own delusions.

As if a prestidigitatorial effect of the sound which flowed forth from his fingertips did the leaves provide the illusion of lights falling beneath the gentle kiss of first snow. The wolf hanyou's eyes fell to a close as the music began to crescendo from piano to forte, gradually raising to forte forte shortly thereafter. Night's explosive passion poured from his near frozen digits into the piano on which he played, pressing a specific note to sort of key in his brother and let the other know where Night was going to take the measure.

Without missing a beat, the score began to decline along the piano-forte dynamic, allowing the keys to merely accent his brother's oncoming 'solo', which really wasn't quite a solo but more of a break in the repetitive refrain which they had been playing. As the piano died, Night could hear feint applause in the distance -- if he'd succumbed to his senses he would have lost momentum and dropped a measure, which would have been catastrophic.

The next piece was a round of whatever it was Kai would play, accompanied by a left-hand bass rhythm to accent the melody they would propagate through the auditorium.

It was only now that Night brought his attention back to reality, and began thinking and planning what he would play moments later. The duet was nearly over, and the music therein resembled the death of the very score they had performed.
Kai Aeun Shimatori (played by aeun) Topic Starter

From spur of the moment fluent, fleeting, quick notes to slow and drawn out notes the bow held entire influential power over what the violin emanated from its tightly strung strings. The air was cool, almost so the breath from everyone's mouth and nostrils could be seen as a very faint smog of smoke although it had not reached such a nipping low as the outside of the luke-warm confines in the auditorium. This duet was drawing to its' impending end as the notes played from the violin were becoming more drawn as though one were being laid to sleep. They were musicians in the public eye.

Musicians they will remain. There was not going to be any spectacular show of lights or loud follow-up rock bands to play them off the stage. They appealed to the aristocrats of society and the latter. This is how they, or rather, Kai, prefered to go through his day to day life. A luxurious life surrounded be the creme de la creme of the populace. The bow ceased moving across the strings and both the violin and bow were lowered to either side of him. The lights slowly came on to a bronze glow. "Thank you for joining us today." Addressing the audience that proceeded in a standing ovation. A few bows of gratitude ensued before cutting his monologue shorter than intended by taking his leave from the stage promptly. His methods were rather informal despite the crowd of people he tends to keep.

Passing Night on his way to backstage he placed a hand on his shoulder. "We should probably get this over with." Kai was clearly growing impatient, wanting to be on with the next event of his day. "Handle the crowd will you?" Patting him on the back once before walking behind the draping show curtains of blue silk.

Once backstage he walked with haste, undoing his bowtie so it hung loosely over the back of his neck. Down one of the corridors that led to the outside world he signaled their driver to have the car prepped and ready for their departure. Without question the Driver read the signal and promptly motioned through the doors to have the car ready as requested. Kai himself awaited his brother in the corridor, back to the white cement blocks and arms folded over his chest. It was almost contradictory that one who could play such a soft instrument that almost speaks patience and beauty within itself; when played right, could be so ardent in nature.
The show had come to a close, applause following Kai's gratitude to the audience and Night approached the podium. A few almost meaningless words were said, more to the effect of 'Get the Hell out of my auditorium' but in a less brash way. Then, he turned on his heel and followed the path of his sibling. Plucking his denim jacket from the seat of his pianist's stool, Night slung the garment over his shoulder and approached his brethren with an expression of indifference.

"Tell me again why we do these?" He was referring to the concert they had just, for lack of a better phrase, escaped. "Is there any real reason? We make absolutely no profit, and if we want to hear ourselves play we could just set up in the manor." A short pause followed as he awaited the car. "So," the one-sided conversation continued. "What's next on our agenda?"
Kai Aeun Shimatori (played by aeun) Topic Starter

"I have a standard for the company I like to keep around me. You barely make due." Tossing a barely grazing insult his way as he made his way to the door. It took a few moments before Kai managed to muster together a response as to what was on their agenda. Surly, he was fully aware of what he needed next to do. "I plan these duets with you and I to have some form of public backing in the event something should go wrong. As you might already know I'm obsessed with father's work, what he had during the pre-ages prior to our birth. To keep the monologue short, I want to surmas a large enough audience to unearth father's 'tomb'. Rumors have been going around lately amidst the Infernal saying that there needs to be a large sacrifice of energies for the tomb to surface. There's word of a particular book." His eyes focused on his faint reflection on the cold glass door in front of him; a spitting image of their father he was.. they both were.

"Whatever that book is it has something to do with father and I do plan to unearth it by all means." Placing his hand on the door. Cool to the touch he heaved a sigh. "I assume I should show you where this 'tomb' of sorts lies, hm?" His sharp eyes shifted only enough to focus on his brother's reflection in search of an answer he may already know. "Of course. If you don't share the same vision I do..." Leaving the tone of the subject as stern as it was when brought about in such an open-ended way.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Duo D'orchestre (Open RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus