Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Itarian Chronicles; Atrana (open)

Netharan (played by Arcol) Topic Starter

“The time at last has come,” the Dark One rasped, “The day of which men have long feared. Mortals shall quake, Risen shall fall, and my power shall ascend to glory forevermore! Let the portals be opened!”

The portals flicker, then flash active as infernal light pours through them; legions upon legions of Ash-Men, Flame-Elves, and Hellhounds rushes into the realm above, ready to prepare for their master’s arrival.
Renna's eyes went from the shaman's face, back to the sky, and over to Niya as if to silently confirm the truth of his words. The fiery orange glow in the sky had not faded, but it did not appear to be spreading either, and as far as she could tell there were no other negative effects at the moment besides a lingering sense of unease and a soft rumble in the distance, not unlike thunder. Still, the light didn't explain the glowing woman and her tiger's disappearance, and she looked back at the man with suspicious eyes.

"That spirit woman who was here earlier, the one with the tie-gar," she said slowly. "Did you summon her? She said she was not a spirit, but I do not know if I believe her. Spirits can be misleading." Gripping her spear a little more tightly, she gestured to the rather crispy body of the little green one he had killed. "You are clearly a shaman of great skill, but what was your quarrel with those...people?" It seemed the right word for the creatures, though she knew they could not have been human.

The huntress nodded ever so slightly to the bear, who responded by moving in front of the one surviving little creature in an attempt to shield him from the shaman's view. Once she was sure he was at least partly protected, Renna took a cautious step towards the human man and frowned severely at him. "It is dishonorable to attack those that are smaller and weaker than you. I hope for your sake your reasons are good. I do not wish to fight you, but I cannot allow you to wantonly unleash power against those who cannot fight back."

To be fair, with the exception of the lone survivor, the green ones had fought back, just not very well. It was a difficult judgment, but Renna felt it best to err on the side of the small, just to be safe. In the back of her mind, she seemed to sense some other presences in the forest, but it didn't seem as pressing as the current situation. Niya, however, had reared back on her hind legs and appeared to be listening closely, nearly stepping on the little green man.
Elunaria (played anonymously)

Suddenly a being appeared. “ stop this my mistress begs you to stop this. The lady who disaappeared and healed everybody my mistress. For this world sake you will help us. First let me explain. Yes I’m a spirit or as oracles call messengers. I aid the oracle in her work. She to weak to be here right now so I’m in her place. There’re is a evil that has awakened and I seek to gather others who will aid us in saving this world. There are powers at work you mortals do not understand. That all I can say. But forgive the oraclefor disappearing. The moon is healing her right now.” ( let’s say this spirit not always the best with explaining things. )
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Cannot fight back!?" Dulirn exclaimed in exasperation. "Why, they might have killed us both had the other's magic not intervened! Thieves and murderers! The lot of them!"

It was slowly sinking in that perhaps this woman didn't know how vicious the little beasts could be when they thought they had the upper hand. But the spear still leveled in his direction made him tread cautiously. He had little doubt the woman knew how to use it. So he continued in a slightly calmer tone...

"They set an ambush for us. Urir and I were only trying to escape with our ..."

"Stop this my mistress begs you to stop this!" . The appearance of the spirit stopped him mid sentence and he blinked several times at her words. An oracle? And it had healed him? Well, there was one question answered. But that bit about gathering others to aid her in this saving the world stuff was disconcerting. This, then, would be the life debt he now owed it and he sighed inwardly. He might have rather taken his chances with the goblins.

As all this was going through his head, he noticed the orange glow pulsed, then grew distinctly... redder. And the sense of magic about the place grew steadily, coming toward them. Even the bear seemed to sense it.

"What does this oracle wish of us?" he asked, a new urgency in his voice, though his gaze remained on Renna and the spear, unwilling to make any sudden movements while she held the weapon pointed at him.

“ a war of the gods has been going on since the start of time. But now are about to awaken. Each one has a goal. But the war will destroy life if others fail to help. We spirits are helping the oracle gather powers and objects needed to possiably survive and do a ritual older then time itself. Only 1 has ever done this successfully. So I beg you put aside this pointless fighting. Pleas3 let’s save our energy so we may live another day. If you join us then you will be more likely to survive due to the knowledge and power you will hav3 to learn.
With an overabundance of caution, Renna began to lower the spear she had pointed at the man. If it was true that the green ones really were thieves and murderers, they were not so different from the larger green men that often raided her homeland. She glanced back at the survivor. Whatever the others might have been, it did not appear that he personally was a thief or a murderer. Indeed, he didn't even seem too sympathetic to his own kind, and she was pretty sure that if he did try to attack, outnumbered as he was it was unlikely he would win the fight.

As a show of peace, she lowered her spear entirely, but did not instruct Niya to move from her defensive position. Either she could protect the small one from the man's attacks, or if he truly was a monster, the bear would be able to dispatch with him quickly.

Renna turned back to the man. "Well, since they are all dead or gone, I do not think the matter needs to be pursued further. But I cannot tolerate a shaman who abuses his power," she warned, then turned to the human's odd companion. "But you, are you all right? I saw you fall before, I hope you are not injured?" In stature, the creature did not seem too different from the green ones, at least in a stranger's eyes. Why the man seemed to loathe the one species but travel with the other was unfathomable to her.

What was even more unfathomable was the presence of another being, this one clearly a spirit both by its appearance and its own admission. Surprised at its sudden appearance, the huntress gasped a little and stepped back, instinctively tightening the grip on her spear but taking care not to notice it. The last thing she needed today was to offend a spirit.

When it explained it was in the service of the oracle (ah yes, that was what the glowing lady had called herself, Renna recalled), the woman's face fell a little. She probably should not have threatened the tie-gar the way she had. But if the spirit knew about the incident, it did not mention it, and instead was speaking something about a ritual. Ah, most likely it was addressing the shaman and his companion. They were certainly the ones who could help in the situation the spirit described. A wandering huntress, not so much.

"I beg your forgiveness, spirit," Renna began. "But I am a traveler simply passing through this area. I did not intend to intrude on your mission. By your leave, I will retreat so you may speak to the shaman uninterrupted." She did not turn away from the spirit, but began to circle away from it.

She did not leave quite then, but paused to look back at the little green creature. "My offer to you still stands. There is food back at my camp if you wish it," she said quietly, offering him a subtle smile.

In truth, she would have liked to remain to hear what the spirit had to say, but the shamans back home had warned her against interfering with the supernatural world, and the last thing Renna needed was more trouble from forces she couldn't understand. But with a motion to Niya, she turned to go.
Kigami Rin (played by Kigami-Rin)

Hello ,I'm kinda new to this website although I've been role playing for years, anyways I'm interested in this rp!
Click (played by Gus)

((Kigami, sure, it's an open rp, just hop in with your character's entrance when you feel the time is right!))
Click (played by Gus)

Click's first instinct was to be afraid of the glowing blue entity that appeared, and he shuffled sideways to hide behind the huntress' legs, but his second was to be curious about it. He peered around to watch it, his large, pointed ears twitching. It spoke of big things - 'gods', 'evil' and the like. Such concepts were known to goblins as volk-jabber: myths that humans and the like spoke of. But if this wasn't conjured by the booyagh, and was a... 'spirit', then perhaps there were bigger things than what he'd up until now understood. It seemed like it was asking them to... save the world?
Click was fascinated. Did she mean him, really? He'd never felt like he really belonged in the goblin burrow, scavenging for rat-meat and attacking pedestrians in the woods, but a heroic destiny was very much the other extreme.
The bort-ma'lk (woman with the bear, or more literally, bear-mother) was prepared to leave, seeming to delegate the responsibility to the booyagh. As much as he didn't want to be left alone without his protector, and the food at her camp was tempting, he wasn't so ready to walk away from this spirit and what she asked of them. He lingered, unsure who to follow, glancing nervously at the booyagh and his companion.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((I'm finding it very entertaining that the goblin is perhaps the least reluctant of the "heroes" here! <g>))

Knowledge and power... those things were certainly appealing to Dulirn. If they happened to come along with saving lives, all the better. People being indebted to him was okay.

When Renna relaxed the weapon and addressed Urir, he looked at her strangely... it was rare anyone thought to speak to him. "Eh... somethin' healed it up ..." he said, showing his bloodied shirt, then lifting it to show just a patch of reddened and wrinkled skin where the crossbow bolt wound should have been.

"The oracle..." Dulirn said, his attention on the spirit now that the huntress was no longer directly threatening him. "... she needs us..." he started, putting extra emphasis on the word 'us' "... to find something? Some object for a ritual? Huntress, do not leave just yet. She revealed herself to you first, which may mean you have some important part to play in this." Whether that was true or not, Dulirn had no idea, but there was little chance this quest wouldn't be dangerous. Having the spear-woman along would certainly prove useful.

The spirit looked at the huntress would you come along as well? Yourskill are amazing plus you hav3 great knowledge of the wild.” She then looked at the goblin. “ it will have great danger put if you do this will be a hero you will be marked in history.” Looks at the wizard and goes to tell him about what would gain from this. Then the spirit looked at all of them. She looked at the huntress “ you will please th3 gods and spirits if you will help lead your people.” She looked at the group. “ will you join us?”
"My name is Renna," the huntress corrected gently, looking back at the shaman. "And she did not reveal herself to me, I simply intruded upon her while Niya and I were hunting." Renna gestured to the bear for explanation. "Everything that has happened since then, as far as I am involved at least, has been an accident. Please understand, I am a stranger to this land and its people, and I am no shaman. I do not think I can provide much assistance for you." Indeed, she'd hardly been able to pick a side between the green ones and the shaman during their fight. How in the world was she supposed to help in a fight between spirits and gods?

"Besides," she sighed. "I must get to Athelon as soon as possible. I have my own quarry to hunt." Turning away again, Renna made a hand signal to the blue bear, motioning for her to follow back in the direction of their camp.

But in a rare show of defiance, Niya did not follow. Instead, she sat down on her haunches besides the green one, making a low grumble in the back of her throat. Renna looked back at her, then said something in a heavily-accented, choppy language. The bear still did not move. Cursing softly, the huntress approached and put her long-fingered brown hand on Niya's massive head and continue to speak to the animal, but it did nothing besides stick its tongue out and lick almost pitifully at her hand.

Finally, Renna looked back at the others. "Niya does not wish to go at the moment. So please tell me what must be done, and I will do my best to assist if I can."
Click (played by Gus)

"Ehm... Click is not strong. But will do what can, if colour-of-lake bear and bear-mother keep safe. And 'shaman' and shaman-slave not attack Click. This is deal." he said, trying to keep up a brave and confident facade, though he felt very much out of his depth.

Spirit “ thank you. It means a lot to me. She smiled at click. “ you will be great help.” She turned to the huntress. “ very well. Your connection to nature and your skills as a hunter will be useful. “ she looked at the group. “ our adventure will begin. But be warned once we start we have to finish it.”
Dulirn (played by Juls)

They had all seemed to commit to something that none of them really understood. Other than some vague "join us" and "save the world" stuff, the spirit had yet to tell them just what was expected of them to actually do.

Typical spirits... always cryptic.

"What is our task?" he asked plainly, hoping to find out what would be required to repay the life debt he owed this oracle.

“ there are 4 sacred objects for a ritual to empower us with the power and knowledge needed to put the gods back to sleep. But to find the objects you have to solve puzzle and pass trials of old. You may even encounter friends from other side.” ( so like ghost or souls of people who died.) the spirit sighed. “ it will test everyone of you. Each of you have curtain skills or knowledge that is a key tocurtain parts of the missions. I can only promise that you will gain knowledge and grow more powerful as the quest goes on and that if you succeed you will forever be marked in history as legendary heros.”
Click (played by Gus)

Click struggled for a moment to translate in real time what the spirit was saying, especially when she spoke of bigger concepts than goblins generally concerned themselves with. He got the gist, though, he thought - they needed four things, and they'd have to work stuff out to get them.
"Is 'spirit' does colour-of-fire light?" he asked, pointing to the apparent source of the orange light that had appeared from the forest.

Looks at the orange light. She knew it was a sign of trouble. “This is not good.” This was a enchanted forest and that orange was never there before. But to be safe put a magical barrier around everybody. “ that light not normal”
((Could I join with this character? The title said open, so I asked.))
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((I believe so, Felyne!))

Putting gods back to sleep. That certainly gave Dulirn pause. Maybe gods didn't take kindly to being put to sleep. He'd wrangled with his fair share of lesser demons and spirits, bargaining with them to carrying out his bidding in exchange for bits of earthly sacrifices, sometimes his own flesh when the spell called for such. But gods... that was a whole new level.

She seemed worried about the light as well and the wizard took that as a bad sign. "How, spirit, do we begin? What is the first object and where can we find it!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Itarian Chronicles; Atrana (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus