Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » How did you find rpr? / Joining anniversary

You joined the site on November 1st 2018, 8:40pm

I was actually on The Sims official forum looking around at fellow simmers posts about their sims lives and such and found a sim rp they were doing in forums. I got in there and asked if I could join. As I watched them all one line meaningless posts back and forth I realized I was creating an entire back story and plot line to follow in this isolated rp lol

It wasnt long before I realized I just couldn't post there, I wanted far more detail and depth than what they were posting there (to be fair it's a forum about the sims, not a roleplay forum)

I thought back to chat roleplay as a kid and teen and the stories I've been trying to find the time to write and I realized I really really wanted a good rp site.

I think it was role play website or something that I typed into Google search and rpr was the first thing to pop up. Even the name drew me in as something I was definately looking for. A quick browse around the site was all it took and I quickly set to work making a (not so detailed) profile and began writing out some of my story characters in a fury to involve myself in a role play here somewhere.

This site has not disappointed me either, that was only in November but I daresay you will see me on here for years to come.
November 3rd 2013, 8:46pm

Ay~ I been here a while huh. Though I did go black for a while. At the time I was migrating off of mainly PG13 forums and was looking for something with more freedom. Mainly because the forum I was on was cracking down on just the mention of drugs. Any drug. When one too many of my RPs were shut down because of a teen who was in a poor neighbourhood was smoking, I went to look for better alternatives.

And while googling around, I found RPR. I ended up also sticking around on My Candy Love as well as a few sites that were started by friends, but those friend forums were a little too much for my little 16-17 year old self. They devolved from interesting plots into smut so quickly.

I even went to see what my into was like, and ahh. Memories. While I still don't like making or playing with the character pages and profiles, I do love the way that this site it formatted. The Launch Chat feature is just my absolute favourite thing.

Real time updates to the threads that I'm looking at? Yes please.

I even roped in one of my current longest standing RP partners and buddy on here so, yee, good times.
You joined the site on September 26th 2011, 8:28pm

It's funny, because I was literally the last of my friends to join RPR. I dug my heels into the dirt so hard on the change from wix because change has always been so scary for me and I liked how things were. The more I saw people on furcadia popping up with rpr pages, I saw how tailored it was towards the experience of RP. (Instead of custom building a page from the ground up like wix.) It was very streamlined and easy to use, and I am pretty sure the character connections and friends portion sold me the most. (': I've never looked back, and I only wish I had joined sooner.
RimCaster

14 June 2018 2:30 PM

How I joined, huh?
It was summer holidays, as usual I was spending my holidays in home.
I was bored and so I wrote something in google, finding RPR character profile.
Then I was like it's not like I've anything to lose and here I'm.
Skrifa

You joined the site on August 3rd 2018, 9:59am

So not too long ago. I wanted to get back into RP, but none of the websites I had been finding I liked. Jcink kills me, and those were the only ones I could find then. I'd seen RpR around on RP site listings but honestly kept turning away because I didn't think I would like it. Then I finally clicked the link and found the format of this to be better and more to my liking, and here I am! :D
Goo

You joined the site on April 6th 2011, 2:59am

Except this was back home, so it would've been 11:59, so I'm not -quite- that bonkers. I think I found RPR thanks to a player sponsored ad on Furc? I thought it seemed cool so I jumped in after a few looks around. I'm not as active around here anymore, but I still love this community and always enjoy poking around at other peoples' characters. <3 (And joining the art trade and genre jumble threads when I have the time!)
MasterWinter

You joined the site on September 22nd 2017, 12:26pm

RPG had been where I'd rp for a while. But then it had to close down, which left a lot of us going: Shit, where do we go now? I don't remember who posted, nor where it was posted, but RPR was in the post. At first, I admit, I was not keen to the idea. Only 10 free slots for character's, then having to buy more. But that ended up being a minor thing, as I am here of course.

I came with my friends Krispy The Kritter, and Sorrow's Embrace, both whom I met on RPG. Being on RPR allowed me to re-work things with Demilicious so we are good friends.

I love how dedicated Kim is with this site. It is not easy to keep a site running and going for as long as she has had RPR going, but it shows just how much effort and such she put into the site. I like that of a site owner. Being a site owner is not easy nor is it for everyone.
Winters_Fury wrote:
I love how dedicated Kim is with this site. It is not easy to keep a site running and going for as long as she has had RPR going, but it shows just how much effort and such she put into the site. I like that of a site owner. Being a site owner is not easy nor is it for everyone.
Indeed, I cannot imagine how much work it must be to build a site like this from the ground up, practically from scratch, and do all the critical maintenance on your own. It's amazing work. :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » How did you find rpr? / Joining anniversary

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus