Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings~

PlatinumDragoness

Found this place by accident because I was browsing character profiles on Discord. Slightly dubious because I'm mostly an ERP player these days, but I've been feeling mostly R rated as of late, so figured I'd see what the place is all about. Feel free to ask me stuff, mostly because I hate trying to do these intro things. I dislike talking about myself overly much, but I'll answer most reasonable inquiries. Looking forward to meeting & making friends here. :D
Welcome to RPR! I love your username by the way.
Hey! Welcome to RPR! I’m happy you found this site, even if it is by accident. If you’re ready to roleplay then I’d suggest going to “looking for RP” or “Find RP”. There you find the exact roleplay that you please. If you need anymore help I’ll be willing to help you out. Just PM me!

giphy.gif
Rest assured, you aren't alone. XD

Welcome!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPR.
Dark_Goddess

Hello. It's nice to meet you.
Wolfcat

Welcome to the family, hope you enjoy your stay!
ShadowWolfie

Hello and welcome to RPR
PlatinumDragoness Topic Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome~ I'll likely be lurking around a bit for a while before getting involved in anything. I like to get a feel for a place before I dive in headfirst. Thank you all again~
Hi there PlatinumDragoness, welcome to RPR! As you can see the community is fun, friendly, welcoming and helpful! If you haven't yet, we recommend browsing the tutorial, it's got a ton of helpful tips and guides for all sorts of different RP-related subjects, from making characters to looking for RP partners--even experienced roleplayers may find things they hadn't thought of, I know I sure did. :) And if you're still not sure about something on the site after checking out the tutorial, feel free to ask questions of the mods and anyone else who offers to help.

If you're hankering for some specific kind of RP, we have an awesome Find RP tool that has a bunch of neat filters and stuff you can use to look for particulars. If you just wanna browse, you can go straight to the Looking For RP forum and see if anything there catches your eye, or even post ideas of your own! (And I see you have already begun doing that, nice!) :)

Or if you just wanna chat for a bit as you decide what kind of characters you want to make, we have a place for Smalltalk too!

And above all...hope you have fun and stick around a while to make a bunch of RP friends! These people being friendly sure helped me decide to stay, too, when I was new!
Oh by the by, I notice you have several fandom based characters, one each from Marvel, DC, and Star Wars that I recognize (I don't recognize Telain's world/universe--is it a D&D setting?). What other fandoms do you enjoy? ^_^

Telain is kind of an odd mix of D&D and D20 Modern. I also happen to enjoy Naruto, Bleach, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur, BlazBlue/Guilty Gear, Berserk, Hellsing Ult, and probably a few more I'm forgetting offhand. Exalted. World of Darkness. Uh...I think that's it. Probably. XD
Ah nice! Of those (aside from D&D--I have a couple Pathfinder characters myself that are in the middle of campaigns), I don't really know much about most of them, myself, just the ones I noticed you'd made characters for, hahah, but it's nice to have things you enjoy, for sure! ^_^

I do have some friends who enjoy World of Darkness and have told me a bit about it though, it does sound interesting. :)

I primarily have characters based in comic or video game fandoms, with a small number of anime-based ones. Most of them are characters I had while on a more...adult-oriented website, that I just basically copied the profile coding from and saved to a text file. At last count, I had around 70 or so separate character profiles saved, with over half of them being OCs I created to exist within a given fandom/setting, and the rest being personal versions of Canon characters.

I'm kind of a crazy person when it comes to character creation and the like. XD
Hahah, you sound like me, I have made an insane number of characters over the years, too, most of them for very specific RP's. XD

LOL Yeah, admittedly a lot of my characters were created to RP with very specific people that I never got a chance to use. But I've put so much work into them, that I can't just leave them idle forever, you know? And so I'm slowly bringing them here.
*nods* I know exactly what you mean. Speaking of such someone else linked an interesting group in their own intro thread, a group you might like for some of those orphaned characters, if you don't mind joining a group, anyway. ^_^

https://www.rprepository.com/g/abenterra/8193

You know, I did see that in the Looking for RP. I'm just not comfortable mixing characters from drastically different media formats like that. Like, comic and anime characters I can see maybe coexisting, but beyond that things start getting a bit overly complicated to deal with, and I just...I don't know. Like, the idea is great, but it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of limitation when it comes to power-scaling, and I'm just not okay with people I don't know at all playing anything remotely close to reality-changing levels of power. Pardon my paranoia, but I don't trust the average role-player to handle that powerful of a character reasonably or effectively. If the internet has taught me anything, it is that people will abuse power, even fictional power, if allowed. So, I generally just don't RP with characters I feel are over a certain threshold of reasonable power based on the overall ability of the player's apparent skill with wordsmithing.

In layman's terms, the more like an alphabet soup factory their posts look like, the less right I feel they have to play anything with any significant power because they are too lazy or inept to properly spell or punctuate.
Ah, that's fair--no, your paranoia there's justified to some degree.

I have definitely run across people like that, though unfortunately responsible power use isn't so easy to judge just based on grammatical and spelling accuracy. I've run into some pretty subtle power players. I have been guilty of that sin myself more than once in the past and thus, whenever I do make a powerful character I worry if I might be making them too OP for whatever setting they'll be put into.
Hello there. I am Maci. I am new to this site but most certainly not to role playing. I have 7 years of being what we call an interactive writer. I am into pretty much anything you can imagine, with the exception of Anime (Of any kind), Vore, Scat, and gore. Other than that I have tried pretty much everything else and anything I haven't I will try anything once. When I write with people the length of my replies is based on the lengths of yours. I do not have a lot of expectations from a writing partner but I do have a couple. 1. You must use proper grammar and punctuation. 2. I ask that you use " to separate action from speech. 3. You MUST be at least 18. I do NOT write ANYTHING with anyone younger than 18 ever for any reason. 4. Final one I promise.. I can write anywhere from two sentences up to two paragraphs.

If your interested in plotting with me don't be shy I swear there is not much you could ask me to write about with you that would make me turn you down! I am looking forward to making new writing partners and meeting new people <3

rolled 2d10 and got 5

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus