Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Ponies

Cherry Boom (played by Minkja)

What do people around here think of them and has anyone else started liking them because of Lauren Faust?
I'm honestly clueless. Apparently there's this big 'My Little Pony' kick going because I've seen a cartoonist doing fanart of it. Which was really weird.

But I must be like...really out of the loop here. Who's Lauren Faust and why is My Little Pony so big now?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

My Little Pony has become something of a meme, if you look on YouTube there are so many movie and game trailers that have been combined with clips from the cartoon series.
I was pretty clueless about this My Little Pony thing. I saw the memes but I hadn't realized it was a new thing or anything.
To be honest, I think the pony's (Furc avatars) are really silly. And I don't mean they're drawn badly or anything, they're one of the well-done ferians. They just look silly. And I'd probably only purchase one as a joke :P But neither do I play any ferian horses/ponies.
Dragonfire Moderator

Ponies are small horses~

If we're talking MLP, though, the new show is pretty cute. It's engaging and well-written enough for adults to enjoy as well as the target audience of younger girls. That, and the expressions and animation of the ponies themselves are pretty neat.

Faust I believe was also involved in the Powerpuff Girls in some fashion.
Minkja Topic Starter

Dragonfire wrote:
If we're talking MLP, though, the new show is pretty cute. It's engaging and well-written enough for adults to enjoy as well as the target audience of younger girls. That, and the expressions and animation of the ponies themselves are pretty neat.

This is what I thought. I was surprised, actually, going into it thinking it was going to be bad. It was a pleasant surprise.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Ponies

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus