Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » I am Aria

Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

“It’s difficult to explain,” he replied, “but they are essentially creatures or gods of the realms of Oblivion, barring that Ebonarm fellow with the sword grafted to his arm.” He returned his attention to the hill for a moment, then listened to the conversation, eager to learn more of “Gideon” before speaking.
Aria Volturi (played by vickym96) Topic Starter

Aria nodded her head simply at Arun-Ja's explanation, sure that it would be something that her supernatural mind would come to understand more clearly the more time that she spent around him.
Gravedigger (played by Mr_Stick)

"Sword grafted to his arm? Huh...sounds familiar..." With that chains erupted from his wrists an six spots on his back for a total of eight long lengths of chain, each ending in a sharp spike, each moving as an extension of Gideon. There was also a subtle scent of a storm around him, but it vanished as the living chains slipped back into him with no visible sign of their existence except for the scars on his wrists.

"Oblivion? These Daedra sound more like demons to me. Best to avoid them from what I've heard." He nodded. He then turned back to Aria. "Coincidence? Who knows. I tend to only find out why Obsidious sent me some where after the fact. Usually involves either saving lives, or ending them."

Aria watched as the chains erupted from Gideon's wrist and she could smell a faint scent of a storm - something that she could have been more sensitive too thanks to her extra supernatural abilities - but it vanished before she could respond to it and the chains went with it. Her eyes focused on the scars that were left on his wrist and a her left hand subconsciously lifted to rest against her throat, the place that she once had a faint silver scar that was a result of her transformation. The scar had since faded a millennia ago at least but she sometimes still felt like it was there.

"Demons" Aria repeated the single word, yes that was it. That was what they sounded like to her, how she could bring her mind to understand it more. She dropped her hand from where it was resting against her throat as Gideon spoke to her, "Hopefully it is nothing to do with ending my life, or existence. Because that is a task that I know you will not complete" A slight sadistic smirk came to her lips as she said this, "Many beings have tried to end my existence, all of whom have failed and none of whom have survived to tell the tale"

“And if your target happens to fall upon my head,” Arun-Ja added, “you will be met with sheer disappointment; I have fought against four Daedric Princes and survived, I have accepted the placement among the night’s children, and I have mastered the power of the Storm, as well as the conjuring of Oblivion’s denizens. Though I suspect that we are not your intended ‘victims,’ am I correct?”

Gideon made no notice of of any sadistic attitude on Aria's part. As to her and Arun-ja's inquiry..."I have no clue, honestly. Like I said Obsidious sends me places without telling me why. The closest thing I get out of him is ...to keep balance, and punish those that disrupt it.... Whatever that means."

On the subject of scars Gideon had more than just on his wrists. His entire chest was riddled in bullet scars, and his back at similar slits as to the ones on his wrists. Of course his dark shirt hid these.

"If any of you are my targets...well I have no idea. Boasting is one thing, but means little to me. I'm not the type to act rashly on on impulse. For now I think we all can rest assured none of us are an active willing threat to each other."

Aria's eyes narrowed slightly and then her face relaxed when she realised that there was no actual direct threat to her around, at least not yet. "I do not wish to be a threat to either of you" Aria stated, "I can usually sense when enemies are near by and I do not get that sense off of either of you. After my past experiences, especially since the collapse of my coven, I am careful with whom I choose to be an enemy... But I am more than willing to fight if necessary" She stated, pulling the material of her robe tighter around her and pursing her lips into a thin, tight line as she watched the two in her company carefully

“It is not ‘boasting,’” he retorted sharply, “it is a verbal demonstration of my many feats. And the only one acting on impulse here is Dagon,” referencing to the Clannfear clawing at his tarnished blood red robes, “with his futile sense of ‘direction,’ though it’s more of a misdirection at this point.” He returned his gaze to Aria, whom he assumed was fiddling with a dagger beneath her cloak. “I would also add that I am immune to poison,” he continued, “and that I am a trained assassin, practiced in the ways of the Shadowscale since my hatching; it would be foolishness to attempt to attack me at any moment.”

Gideon nods towards Arun-Ja. "Actions speak louder than words, but I have no interest in debating what one can or cannot do." He didn't at all seem surprised at Arun-ja's companions. It didn't seem like he had much of a reaction to anything, especial considering living chains erupted from his body a few moments ago.

"But if we must talk of our abilities, I might as well mention what I know I can do. Sharing is caring and all." He stopped for a moment, thinking. "Of course I think Obsidious is hiding things from me..." He shrugged. "My physical abilities are apparently at super human levels. You know, super strong, fast, tough, that sort of thing. I don't need to eat or sleep, but I still do. Old habits."

"I also feel little to no pain. I've been shot, stabbed, burned, electrocuted, rammed and...well..." He shrugged, looking no worse for wear. "On top of that I seem to heal much faster than normal. Not instant or anything, but things that should take days take hours."

"Then there's the magic stuff....but I'm not that good at it..." He frowned, electricity playing along his fingers, the smell of storms coming back for a moment.

"There are of course the chains I showed you....and this..." He pointed away from them, a sort of black....tear in reality opening up, revealing a dark ebony pathway leading into nothingness. It quickly closed up though, but form within.

"So that's me, Gideon Graves, the Gravedigger." He turned to Aria, features neutral. "So...what can you do?"

((Good GRIEF I've had to edit this like three times....))

Aria shot a sharp glare at Arun-Ja, clearly offended by his assumption that she was going to attack him. Yes, she did have a reputation behind her but, when she did not hold any menacing thoughts and was merely just pulling her robe tighter around her, she took offence to false assumptions that she would be aggressive in anyway. "If I were planning on attacking you, I would have done so long before now" Aria warned, " And no trained assassin would defeat me " She added the final bit of the warning more as a threat before returning her attention to Gideon and watching/listening as he explained his abilities.

"Well, my abilities are the usual expected of my kind" Aria began , "Supernatural speed and strength. I do not sleep at all and can consume human food if necessary to keep up pretences but I would rather not as it tastes most foul" Aria's lips curled slightly in disgust before a small flame formed in her palm, "I do, however, have added abilities that not all of my kind have. I can control the elements" As she said that rain started to suddenly fall down over her but she remained dry despite the down pour and the flame continued to dance in her palm , "And I can also control inanimate objects by thought alone" She added before a tree suddenly fell onto the floor and the large fallen trunk floated through the air, landing near by to her. The rain came to a halt and the flame vanished from her palm as she took a seat on the trunk, looking to Arun-Ja, "Assassain, do you have any abilities?"

“Apart from summoning creatures of another plane of existence?” he asked, “I control the powers of Fire, Storm and Ice, I can commune with the powers beyond your comprehension, transport myself between worlds, and I am unable to truly die, as I don’t really have my complete soul; it’s a long story, trust me.”

"Your abilities to control fire storm and ice sound not too dissimilar to my own abilities to control the elements" Aria stated from her seat on the trunk, "My abilities are the most powerful I have come across this far in my existence. Though I am not naive and know that it is the laws of evolution and possibility that a more powerful ability than my own could one day cross my path" She let out a slight sigh , "That may be part of the reason why I was kept hidden for a lot of my existence"

She sat on the trunk for a moment in silence, her expression appearing thoughtful as she twirled a lock of her coal black waves that were now uncovered from the hood of her robes, "There appears to be some similarities that all three of us share. Perhaps that is why we have been bought here together"

"Nothing is beyond comprehension. That is a falsehood given off by entities that want to make themselves seem more important than they are. Just because something is so big you can't see all of it, does not mean you can not comprehend it."

Gideon looked back at Aria. "Hmm....you said your coven was destroyed? By who? Maybe that's why I have been sent here. As far as I can tell Obsidious is focused on keeping balance. Maybe your destruction would disrupt the balance."

Aria pulled herself out of her thoughts and turned to look to Gideon to answer his question, "By myself" She told him simply before taking a moment to pause before she elaborated, "As the coven grew, so did the power of my father and he became power hungry. His want for power became dangerous and it could have proven fatal to the entirety of my kind. So, I had to overturn him - I was the only being who was able to - and this caused a huge fall out within the coven that led to its ultimate destruction. So I am to blame for my coven's destruction but I done it to protect my kind"

Gideon nodded. "Interesting. Often enough the wrong individuals amass too much power, and thus upset the balance. Maybe you being forced to destroy your own coven is why I've been sent to you. Or not." Gideon shook his head. "I've been wrong before, so all I can do is wait it out, and see how things unfold."

Aria's eyes narrowed thoughtfully upon hearing Gideon's words and her mind ran through the relatively recent memories, "Perhaps what happened with my coven is the reason why we have all been bought here together" She concluded as she ran a hand through her long, silken locks, " The destruction of the Volturis did have a lot of consequences. Perhaps we have been bought together to try and resolve the impact that those consequences have had"

"Consequences? What kind of consequences?" Gideon asked. "Safe to assume some out there are angry at you, for what you were forced to do. Could that be the case?" Now that he was here, he was a bit annoyed that Obsidius wasn't talking to him, giving him no options or confirmation. "Maybe I'm supposed to help you stave them off or something."

"Consequences meaning that I now have made a lot more enemies than I originally had to begin with" Aria stated, "People will be angry at me for what I was forced to do but my main battle is not with angry enemies but enemies who wish to over throw me and amass more power for themselves." She informed Gideon, "Power that, if it is bought into the wrong hands could destroy everything that we know"

Gideon nodded, the tattoos on his arms glowing red hot for a moment. "I've heard that before, and if it is true or not is besides the point. It always ends up badly for some one."

He thought for a moment. "I'm thinking more and more that is why I was sent here. To assist you."

Aria noticed the glowing of the tattoos on his arms and this glowing finally bought her attention to them, She took a moment to study the intricate designs, her supernatural sight absorbing every minute detail of them far quicker than any human ever could begin to do so before she looked back up to his face, concentrating on his words fully. She nodded when he said that he thought that it was the reason why he was sent here, to assist her. "Well I guess that means that we are allies"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » I am Aria

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus