Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

WarPriest Niskali Atsiun wrote:
"Mostly." he begins, hesitantly and thoughtfully, trying to think how to describe the idea he was about to present, "Her kind are a.... collective conciousness, a unified awareness. For them, the personal experiences of each member are useful as the personal experiences of every member of their entire species. Sometimes, they become seperated from their Hive mind, and frequently those times bring particularly valuable moments, and the isolated member dies almost as often. So, they developed a.... way to recover lost memories. They carry an additional pair of memory centers, each with a small set of organs to allow them to persist. They are simple, and do not require much energy. All they do is carry the memories of the dead."

"Their Hive also serves as their afterlife, their consciousness separating from their body, and becoming a part of that collective. Those who were particularly exemplary in life, however, can still be made of service. Fighting the monster here, which given her forceful decapitation is how I suspect she died, would be a particularly valuable memory, especially if she actually did much harm to it. These organs will be valuable when we leave this place, and if she fought valiantly, she deserves her reward," he explains, "She cannot help us here and now, but in the future, this could be very important."

Lisa's eyes dart toward the door. Niskali has officially stopped making sense; she wonders if they've had the misfortune to make an alliance with a lunatic dragon.

Whatever he's trying to explain, it can't be as important as the fact that Liliath is missing.

"L..look," she tries to smile and force herself to make eye contact. "This sounds...interesting, a-and I'm sure you're right when you say i-it is important. But there's a certain person who's not here and w-we should...we should go look for her."
"Someone is missing, you say?" he asks, standing and letting his glaive's shaft spring to full length, "Why did you not say so immediately? From what I have seen of this place, alone their time will be short if they are not a warrior!"
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

The feline raised his arms in front of his body and backed away from Victi, who might lash out of annoyance for all he knows. "Alright!" Bronze turned around and exited the room, back to the hallways he has sneaked in.
Once Bronze had left the room, Victi slumped against the wall and sighed. Then she turned her head to face Helynah and asked, "Do you get the 'I hate it when I come up with a good plan of attack where I don't get to attack things' thing when that happens? Because I absolutely have that right now."
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Helynah shrugs. “I’ve never made a plan where I wasn’t allowed to kick someone’s ass.” Through some combination of stress and growing comfort with the strangers surrounding her, the woman has been slowly letting her difficultly learned politeness slip and now it seems to be totally gone. She smiles, then clears her throat and says flatly, “Uh, what is it you’d like me to read?”

“Eep!” As Niskali leaps to his full height and extends his adaptable blade, Lisa jumps in fright but has nowhere to run with her back pressed against the wall. She cowers as the dragon rants. Thankfully, he manages to make his zealous tirade short.

Meanwhile, Lisa can barely string a sentence together. “I-I’m sorry! I-I-I, well-” She glances through the door. The cat-man, who, like Helynah, she also sees as a felixian, is approaching. Thank goodness.

She calls to Bronze. “Hey! W-we need to take a search party out and find the child.” She says this unaware of how he and the others have already come to that conclusion.
"A child...." he mutters, "Then time is indeed likely short.... A shame that this place would take a child as prey, cowardly even. Let us endeavour to find a way out to where this place's disruptive influence does not reach. All that we can allow to remain of this place is glass and dust."
"Yeah, usually same here. I'm always happy for an excuse to drop a little lightning and Eldritch fury on things," she says, and then sighs, "Unfortunately, my plan for not suffocating or dying as I tried to leave when that room started filling with fumes was 'make it burn or explode before maximum deadliness and stop leaving fumes for me to breathe in.' It worked great, not gonna lie, I didn't pass out or get hurtled against a wall by a gigantic blast and break my neck, but it hurts like an absolute bitch. Ugh."

"Anyway, let me go find them, Raven scattered them earlier...." she said, hauling herself to her feet. Man, that time between adrenaline and painkillers working sucked, it all hurt more now. She walked over to the desk where the scattered pile was. "These. Seem to follow a month/day/year date format for.... some weird reason, which I say because I'd recommend starting with the most recent one. If it's an illegible madness filled mess, no idea if it is, but always possible, move back. That would be that really thick folder by the way, I think. Looks like it was for the last recorded week, and things went real badly then..."

Bronze scoffed, raising his arm as a gesture of greeting. Although he was yet disgruntled by Lisa's ignorance of his sudden existence, he can't help but pay attention to the scaled humanoid that is towering before him. The feline couldn't help himself but grin slightly. "Lost child and a lost brat." He corrected, but feels like it was unnecessary. "Can't remember names but I can remember their faces. I'm Bronze by the way. Bronze Nyx." The Caracal introduced himself with a slight bow of his head.
Well, this one was interesting. A touch sarcastic, but at once polite.

"Niskali Atsiun, Warpriest of the Goddess Cryu-Dzien. Now, enough chatter! Lives are at risk! If any among you know where they may be, please, lead us foreward!" He pleads, clearly fearful for the missing child, in spite of having never met her.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Raven barges into the center of the little group with a Stepford smile and a little too much dance in her paws. "I can lead! I've got the girl's scent memorized and I've been to the store quite a few times." That second part makes for totally useless knowledge, seeing that the layout of the Town is subject to change any moment, but she uses it anyway because she feels like they'd want a second reason.
"Then lead on, Raven. My blade thirsts," he replies, ready to move as soon as she is.

Lisa, too ill with worry to notice Bronze's rudeness or Raven's faked cheerfulness, nods quietly, prepared to follow whoever takes the lead. Her eyes immediately go to Niskali. He was the source of her terror moments ago- he still kind of is -but now she also looks to him as a source of stability, driven by a single apparently noble purpose.

Bronze did not notice Raven's presence again and only realized it when she was in front of him. Perhaps he was getting too dull or just.. distracted. "Onwards, I guess."
Niskali nods in agreement before stepping out of the room and heading toward the rear door of the building, weapon in hand, saying, "If you could begin directing us please, Ms. Raven."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Raven nods, more easily forcing a smile by channeling the small pleasure she finds in being addressed as a Ms. She leads the group outside, where she searches for Liliath's scent in a slightly less war-torn gravel lot. It doesn't take long for her to find it. "This way!" She speeds away, following a trail presumably inscrutable to everyone but Bronze, who shares all of her feline senses.
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"Yeah, usually same here. I'm always happy for an excuse to drop a little lightning and Eldritch fury on things," she says, and then sighs, "Unfortunately, my plan for not suffocating or dying as I tried to leave when that room started filling with fumes was 'make it burn or explode before maximum deadliness and stop leaving fumes for me to breathe in.' It worked great, not gonna lie, I didn't pass out or get hurtled against a wall by a gigantic blast and break my neck, but it hurts like an absolute bitch. Ugh."

"Anyway, let me go find them, Raven scattered them earlier...." she said, hauling herself to her feet. Man, that time between adrenaline and painkillers working sucked, it all hurt more now. She walked over to the desk where the scattered pile was. "These. Seem to follow a month/day/year date format for.... some weird reason, which I say because I'd recommend starting with the most recent one. If it's an illegible madness filled mess, no idea if it is, but always possible, move back. That would be that really thick folder by the way, I think. Looks like it was for the last recorded week, and things went real badly then..."

Helynah joins her on the paper hunt, crouching to gather reports scattered all over the floor. "Eldritch fury, huh?" From her, this is an attempt to make small talk, although a quick glance at one of the incident reports clears her head of any such notion. 6/10/1996. She falls deathly silent as she skims the paper. "Oh, Goddess..."
"Yeah.... managed to learn some magic after killing a big nasty. Chronomancy, spati--" she had begun her usual mild-toned boast about it as Helynah fell silent, cutting off as she saw the woman's sudden shock.

"What does it say?" Victi asks quietly, suddenly filled with a level of dread she hadn't felt in a very long time.

Raven wrote:
Raven nods, more easily forcing a smile by channeling the small pleasure she finds in being addressed as a Ms. She leads the group outside, where she searches for Liliath's scent in a slightly less war-torn gravel lot. It doesn't take long for her to find it. "This way!" She speeds away, following a trail presumably inscrutable to everyone but Bronze, who shares all of her feline senses.

The feline is more used to work alone rather than with a few associates, but considering that they had a beast of a dragon in their side, he feels like he can help on different surprising ways. Bronze followed the smaller cat as he singled out the scent that she detected, which was a tad familiar considering he has met the child before.

He followed behind, minding where exactly his feet would land for every step he took. If he's going to stick with them for a while, its better if they knew each other even just a little bit other than names, right? He cleared his throat. "I have to say, I noticed you're the only male I saw back there." The Caracal started, his words directed at the warpriest that he already forgot the name.
Liliath who was passed out and not death yet , was trying to crawl away from the place where she was laying. She wanted to see the real Raven and the real Lisa not the evil version of them .

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus