Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Online Settings on an anonymous character page?

This may already be something possible and I could just be missing it BUT -- would having a Currently online similar to what is on profile pages be something possible, particularly on anonymous characters? I'm always nosy and wondering if people I rp with that are anonymous are online, but since there's no link to a profile it's obviously impossible to see.

Obviously, I'd like to think that you could "opt out" of the setting if needed.
I’d actually like this too, as someone with all-anonymous profiles, I want to indicate they’re open for business on an individual basis. I suppose if you’re not shy, just leave a message for that character and if they get back to you immediately then you know they’re presently at the computer.
Hades_

This has been suggested a LOT in the past, and each time the general response from the staff team and Kim is that they won't be implementing this type of feature because it can still inhibit someone's privacy. Because it wouldn't take a genius to sit and watch someone's activity and find out when they're online and when the anonymous characters are online. It'd be a void of that privacy, so I'm pretty sure this'll get the same general responses that basically mean no. ^^;
Kim Site Admin

I think what's going to happen with this is, at the least, we'll add a widget that characters can add to their profiles if they want that displays their online status to everyone or to just friends.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Online Settings on an anonymous character page?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus