Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Back from the Grave! (Open)

Gravedigger (played by Mr_Stick) Topic Starter

Just as he was beginning to fall asleep, Gideon heard a knock on his door.

"Are you serious?" He grunted, standing up in one fluid motion and walking to the door.

"If this is some sort of prank..." He growled, quickly opening the door. "What.....?"

He blinks, seeing a sort of....robed lizard man stand before him.

"Ah....Arun-Ja?" He asks, thinking he recognizes him from before.
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

“Gravedigger,” He greeted, “it’s been a while, hasn’t it?” He peered over his shoulder before returning his focus to his old friend. “May I come in,” he asked, “I know it’s a bit sudden, but we must talk; in private, if you will.”

Did not particularly consider himself friends with Arun-Ja. Though he was one of the few people Gideon felt he did not need to be fully on edge for. I don't really know much about him, why is he calling me old friend? Just being polite I guess?

"Uhg...fine. Come in." He stepped aside to let Arun-Ja in.

"What do you need to talk about? What's going on?"

“I fear something has happened yet again,” the sorcerer explained, “I fear that foul magic has entered this realm, if nothing else; I admit, it is unusual for me to tell you this, but this issue concerns us both, though I felt another here that no longer remains. I know nothing of it as of yet, but for now we must remain wary, for detection if nothing more.”

Gideon listened to Arun-Ja attentively. He sighed, running a hand through his dark hair. "I have sensed something off. My ability to sense things isn't that strong, which means whatever is going on is either clumsy, or very powerful."

"There was another person here a moment ago. Some...fawn looking creature. She...I don't know. Something seemed odd about her. But I blinked and she was gone." He shrugged, only slightly concerned about that.

"Either way, how did you find me exactly?"

“The same way I find my way into every situation,” he replied, “I follow the trail left behind in the planar travel. I followed it here, and found that your power was manifest in this existence, which eventually led me to you. By the way, you reek of death; just an observation, and a very obvious beacon certain to draw unwanted attention.”

"Reek of death. Hah." He smirked. "Well I did die, so there's that. Also apparently my code name or whatever is Gravedigger, so that makes sense."

He stopped, frowning and thinking. "I guess that all is understandable. How did that girl find me in the first place? I'm still very new to this....supernatural magic thing."

He shrugged. "Not much I can do about it, but rest up. I've got work to do soon." He said, pointing at a phone with a little blood on it. "I'm not sure by how much, but I'm edging ever closer to my goal."

“Or our goal,” Arun-Ja insisted, “perhaps what we both seek is that of the same; but you’re right, planar travel is exhausting, and I haven’t fed in weeks. It gets harder to control the urge every time, you know, but somehow I manage.” He sat down on a chair, placing his staff nearby in case he needed to use it.

Thought for a moment. "What exactly do you eat? Part of me would guess you eat relatively the same thing a human does, but I could be wrong."

"As to goals, mine is to find the man or men responsible for killing me and kidnapping my sister ten years ago. Hence why I'm in this city, roughing up the criminals here. Some one must have information on to what happened ten years ago."

“I thought my pale skin and red eye would have given it away,” he admitted, “I do consume food, but my primary desire is blood; vampirism, you see. I mourn your loss, of course, and will do what I am able to aid you. Perhaps I shall find what I seek as well, if Azura’s Hand guides me.”

Raised a brow. "You're a vampire? I wish that explained things, but it does not. Sadly I can't help you with that."

"Regardless, while I don't really need to sleep, resting helps me destress, and clear my mind. I was planning on sleeping for a few hours before continuing my search." Leaning back he grabbed the cell phone he took from the thugs that attacked him.

"Are you familiar with this world's technology?"

“I have a base knowledge, if any,” he admitted, “but I adjust and adapt quickly.”

Gideon nodded, placing the phone within Arun-ja's reach. "Then by all means, learn what you can from it, if you really want to help. Simply put I need to find the head criminal of this area, a boss of sorts. He may have information I need, or not."

He sighed. "I need to rest, so by all means check the phone, or look around yourself."

((I'll have Gideon finish "resting" right after your next post))

He spent all night deciphering and figuring out the information needed, though wether it was his lack of electrical know-how or the criminal’s greater programming, he was uncertain. When he finally discovered how to open the dratted thing, he handed it back to Gravedigger, with the location frozen on the screen.

Sleep was always hard for Gideon. Every time he tried he'd have dreams of....that realm.

Still, he got what he needed, feeling physically better once it was finished.

Taking the phone back he peered at the info Arun-Ja found.

"Interesting....this one spot has been visited the most out of all of them." He mused. "Why? What is so important about this place?"

Having a bit more knowledge of tech than Arun-Ja, albeit 10 years out of date, he did a quick search on google.

"Huh....just an empty warehouse...not owned by anyone? Interesting."

Pocketing the phone Gideon pulled himself back together.

"Well Arun-Ja. Want to play detective?" He said with a slight grin.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Back from the Grave! (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus