Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Game with best/favorite aesthetic

Mister_Carraway

Journey for sure is my main pick! The game is a wonderful experience with a spectacular soundtrack to it. The world seeming so vast and open. One minute you're in a place with sandy dunes, the next you're climbing a mountain. Love the atmosphere and the style of the game.
As others have mentioned, I love the Bioshock games - both Rapture and Columbia, in different ways. I'm willing to forgive a lot for a game with a good setting, and those games have setting in spades. I just wish I could actually wander around those cities properly, I wish there was a proper RPG element to them. (I know that bioshock infinite buried at sea has a little of that...but not enough!)

Also Skyrim - I know that in a lot of ways it is kinda generic fantasy, but I remember when I first played that, and I was trying to find the city and getting lost and it became night time...and I just remember looking up, at this huge alien moon in a beautiful stark sky, and it just seemed to transport me momentarily to somewhere else. I'll always love that game for moments like that.
I do believe a game with an amazing aesthetic would be Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. They did an amazing job with the painterly graphics, I feel: soft and gentle, yet very robust, lively, and immersive; the style alone was enough to pull you in for all the right reasons. I love games like that (though I noticed that Journey also fits a similar aesthetic appeal. Maybe I should try it out if it's not too horror-based).
Asroc

Dragon Marked for Death

Beautiful Artwork, music and character classes. Made me like fantasy more.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Game with best/favorite aesthetic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus