Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Soundtrack from the Underground

Rogue-Scribe Topic Starter

Grooving on the new album by Azam Ali called Phantom. Came across this lovely live performance.

I've really loved this woman's musical and artwork over the years... from Vas to Niyaz to her work under her own name. Hope to see her live one day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And the next song that came up on the random playlist was an old tune I'd forgotten about... She Moves Through The Fair by Fairport Convention. . .

This voice was the backing singer on Led Zeppelin's 'Battle of Evermore'. Sandy Denny died in 1978 and was such a tragic loss. I believe Sandy was the only guest vocalist to ever be recorded and released on a Led Zeppelin album. Rest in Peace m'lady Sandy.

I was having a nostalgia trip tonight going back to when MTV got its start as a cable channel. All I had at this rental house was an old Admitral black & white TV set circa 1957 tech, and a mechanical cable box hooked to it. Still it was quite good for entertainment in the day. Here are some of those early music videos they showed from some cutting edge "new wave" bands along with some (then) old rockers...

A throwback today as I Reflect.

The day is coming
Drums are drumming
If you know one say a prayer
There's Mothers crying
Father's sighing
War is in the air

Trains filling up with boys
Who have left behind their favorite toys
They're going over there
Over there
Someone has to die

Over there (Over there)
Over there (Over there)
It's not our job to reason why
Over there (Over there)
Over there (Over there)
Oh, someone has to die

Re-igniting an old Middle Earth RP with a friend.... a scene in Pelargir twenty years after the War of the Ring....

What an awesome cover! Great live jam ladies and gents!

I'm in a Who mood today. Some of the best songs of the times!

Live at Leeds
Baba O'Riley
Slip Kid
Goin' Mobile
Behind Blue Eyes
The Seeker
Substitute
I Can See For Miles
Won't Get Fooled Again
Who Are You

The Who - Recording Live at Leeds

Many of their songs have become the introduction of the CSI TV show franchises.

Rest in Peace
Keith Moon - 23 August 1946 – 7 September 1978
John Entwistle - 9 October 1944 – 27 June 2002

——-

I've been listening to Jim Morrison's wonderful spoken poetry and prose on the album American Prayer.

And this is Jim Morrison live....

Jim was a master of the word!

A few songs and good videos of the Vietnam War (Some archive and some movie scenes) matched with them. I found them while updating John Roby's page. He would have never heard Run Through the Jungle or Riders on the Storm as he would have been in the ground for a few years when they were released in 1970 & 71.

I kind of backed off posting to this as I have my Jukebox on my profile, but thought I’d throw one out ...

I do love this Lord of the Rings movie scene edit to Deep Purple's song Soldier of Fortune. It doesn’t make sense as as far as the movie goes but the visual edit is wonderful for this song.

^^^ Really enjoyed that video!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Soundtrack from the Underground

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus