Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Private - Avengers - Z & LM only

maxresdefault.jpg

The Avengers had formed thanks to SHIELD so that they could save the world. Bruce Banner was off on his own once again though he stayed close in case Tony or Steve...or Natasha called upon him. Mostly Natasha out of the rest of the others, no need to hide all the time though he knew there were times he would have to. Natasha continued to carry out missions for Nick Fury while spending more time with Banner on the sidelines. Clint Barton always disappeared out on his own and the one who knew why was Fury.

Tony Stark was mostly up in his tower building things to try and make the world a better place even against what others thought. Steve had stayed in the city and decided to spend his time doing small missions here and there in order to keep others safe. That or going for morning jogs half of the time in order to stay in shape. Not that he would need it, but it made him feel better to focus on the present than the past.

Steve was out for his usual morning jog at five in the morning, he didn't always sleep a lot but that was normal for him. The sun rising during the spring weather, almost close enough to summer that jackets wouldn't need to be worn. He wore blue jogging pants with a white stripe on the side, sneakers (black and white), and a white t-shirt that clung to his fit body. His blue eyes watched the sky as he focused on the scene figuring he was the only one out there so no need to watch where he would be going. It wasn't even six in the morning yet, so it was peaceful with singing birds chirping and a gentle cool breeze.

Steve had fallen for Agent Carter's daughter who wound up falling for someone else after they had gotten together. It seemed she wanted a non-super hero themed lover that would be more open to what she needed. So she broke it off with Steve saying she wasn't ready and wound up with another whom she had grown up with.

Hope sat on the roof watching those below her scurry about their normal lives, oh did she wish to play around with a few of them but their lives were already pretty hectic as it was. So why torture them any more than they already were being. Besides they weren't like her, she lived a life totally different and separate from her own. It was early for her, sleep was something she normally loved but lately, she had been plagued with nightmares and it wasn't a usual ordeal for her to go through. At least not in the last two or three centuries that is. Her white hair was down in waves being gently touched by the breeze up top on the building. It would be less breezy if she was down with the humans below.

Her blue eyes took notice to the flickering "Avengers" sign as it looked like the billionaire playboy philanthropist was having issues trying to keep it working. She stood up deciding to float over unnoticed, she loved sneaking up on others and seeing others react to the way she would do things. Well, it was rather interesting to her. It took her only a few moments to reach the tower but didn't see anyone outside. 'They must be inside then' Tempted to go inside she didn't want to trip the alarm systems so she decided to just turn around and go back. Before that, she snapped her fingers making a silent wish in her mind as the lights to the "Avengers" sign finally stayed on without a problem. Floating away she had heard a voice behind her, call out.

"Hey, how did you do that?" She turned to see Tony Stark standing on his building in what appeared mechanic clothing and the top half wrapped around his waist. He wore a dirty white tank top that proved he was tinkering for quite some time. It had been quite some time since she had spoken to another human, let alone anyone unless it was an animal. She wasn't...she was very well equipped to talk to others, although it had been over a century. Her accent came off a tad english to american "How did I do what?" She knew what he meant but there was the fun to telling him straight off the bat.

Arja Engdahl
Hope Winters
Arja Engdahl (played by LittleMouse)

Arja was wide awake at 5 am, sitting in her kitchen with the tea kettle, if one thing hadn’t changed for her was that she couldn’t get the taste for coffee she felt like every American had. She’d finally gotten an actual 8 hours of sleep the night before after a busy day of physical training assessments that anyone who didn’t actually prepare for would’ve failed in a heartbeat and they just kicked her backside even though she prepared for weeks. As she sat at the kitchen table, she watched the sun rise a bit, waiting for the day to officially start, if she wasn’t called in again, she decided that day she’d actually be productive around her apartment and get things done, if she didn’t, it would bother her for the rest of the day

-——

Tony watched her in curiosity and pointed at her, moving his finger around “that, the light magic thingy you just did.” He was genuinely curious since the sign hadn’t worked in quite a while and it was starting to annoy basically everyone but it annoyed him the most, he saw it the most it of everyone. He wiped his hands that were, now, stained from all the tinkering he had been doing in his work shop that morning on to his equally as dirty tank top he had on. He listened to whatever weird explanation she had since all forms of magic were very weird to him, even after the last incidents with magic he had encountered
Hazel Hope Winters (played by Zanez) Topic Starter

(didn't expect you to play him, but that works, I like how in character you are, even though I know its the first post)

Steve stopped after about twenty minutes to sit on a bench to enjoy the everlasting peace around him. He normally ran quite a few miles in the morning then he would go back to his apartment to eat breakfast. Sure you should eat before working out, but he liked to eat after a workout instead of before. Ever since the battle with Loki and his alien friends, the world had been in turmoil. Afraid of what would come next, fearing for the future.

Though, Steve knew you had to stop fearing it one day and just keep looking forward. Steve's cellphone went off, Tony had forced him to get what to keep in touch, and for a way for others to get in contact with him. Yes, even SHIELD could contact him when he wasn't home. "Rogers" "We have a job for you, we need you to come in." Lately, there had been others rebelling against SHIELD no matter what good intentions they had to protect the world were. "Get here asap" Fury stated on the other line of communication until it ended.

Fury then called in Arja by appearing at her front door knocking while waiting ready to move if need be. "Miss Engdahl, a word please," Fury called through the wooden door in front of him.

"I wouldn't really call it magic, just electricity transferring into the circuits. You seem to be trying to put the same amount of energy in as it once held but it seems to want a stronger more amplified source. Such as lighting I would say seeing as it worked." Hope responded floating back towards the tower in her white, plain sundress with short sleeves and black leggings underneath with white flats. She didn't care to pick out each outfit daily, in fact, most of the time she would just throw something on for the day depending on her mood. "I am guessing you didn't think to try amplifying the energy signature to increase the voltage after the alien invasion? Their invasion had spiked the energy all around the planet since that day." Hope added in staying in the air unless invited or asked to be invited.

(It’s only fair since you’re playing steve for me, and if it sounds like Tony it probably would be Tony lol that’s how the process works)

Arja silently whined hearing Fury at the door. She got up and went over to it and opened it and gave him an unimpressed look, “what can I do you for Fury? And how did you find me?” She asked, she wasn’t really happy that he showed up, she had been thouroughly enjoying her morning until he showed up, she didn’t really like it when someone showed up unannounced that they were even going to be coming, it was impolite in her eyes. She leaned against the door frame a bit with her arms crossed, listening to whatever assignment she had to put on to today that would take her all day

———

Tony motioned for her to come in as his way of inviting her in so she wouldn’t have to keep floating around him. he knew there’d been something going on with the electricity all over the place, everywhere he went there was something going on with the lights, whether it’d be the flickering or they were dimmed, but he didn’t think the aliens that invaded had caused all the issues. “Think you can snap your fingers and fix all of New York?” He asked her, not expecting her to say she can but it was worth a shot seeing how she fixed his light in the sign.

(Posting once more before work. I have to glue my bottom case of my laptop together so just a warning I won't be on until tomorrow evening. Also, if there is a certain way you want to meet Steve, say so, I just figured this was the easiest.)

"We have an undercover assignment we need you and another to go on. We can discuss further details at headquarters." Fury stated not giving much information about the assignment, let alone ignoring her questions on how he found her. He never gave away anything, ever so it was his usual style to do so. "Are you up for the job?"

Hope hovered over to where he stood while softly landing and pondering. "That would require a lot more energy, time, and focus. Today is not a day of focus that large, so I'm going to say probably not." Hope knew very well with her history that if she wanted to fix everything and make it right. She could. The problem was, she knew the world had to fix itself and she couldn't play the hero like this. "Other things I may be helpful on but not that, sorry." she smiled forgetting she appeared more odd than others.

Arja nodded a bit “I don’t really have a choice, so I’m in, I’ll be at headquarters in an hour.” She closed the door and went to get ready to head to the headquarters. She took a quick shower, got dressed, did her hair up neatly and left, going to the headquarters, her thoughts buzzing with all kinds of theories on what kind of assignment Fury was about to put her on, if it involved being a test guinea pig she was not about to go through with it but he said she’d be with someone else so it sounded like to her it was a field assignment that she was about to have to do, she preferred those over being stuck in a lab any day
———

Tony gave her a slightly bummed look that she couldn’t do it. He went over to the little bar he had in that part of his place and offered her a drink “would you like a drink?” He didn’t pour anything out just yet in case she didnt want anything but it was worth a shot at asking her, she was his guest at the moment after all. He didn’t get himself any as he was going to keep working when he had the chance

Steve finished his run for the next 30 minutes and headed home to take a hot shower. He had already gotten ready to go into headquarters not receiving word about what the assignment was. He was in the training room figuring he should be warming up to get ready. Fury walked in "It's time, your partner should be here soon."

"I haven't had a drink in a long time. So I wouldn't know where to start." She hadn't had anything since her first lifetime. Hope walked into the building following him while admiring the details of the place. She hadn't thought of much to say so she mostly kept to herself. "Word is you created your suit in a desert the first time" small talk normally wasn't her ordeal but it was better than silence. Having an actual conversation about subjects was more of her style. She could go on and on about mixing magic with machines or technology and creating alchemy, a new form of intellect.

Arja eventually showed up, at the time she said she would be. She shot a quick stink eye at Fury, still very clearly annoyed with him. “So, what’s this assignment you were keeping secret?” She asked out of curiosity, being in the training center she felt like she was about to have an idea on what it was, and she would have to pretend she was okay with it but deep down she wouldn’t be
———

Tony flashed her one of his typical “charming” smiles and prepared her a drink and put it in the counter “I hope it’s not terrible.” He then answered her about his first suit “uh, yeah, it was in the desert, kind of had to improvise or probably die, and I wasn’t about to die in a wasteland like that, so the first suit was created but not until after someone had saved my life with the first arc reactor.”

(fan in my laptop is messed up, so once it starts grinding I stop using my computer, my replies I hope will be longer in the long run rather than no posts. sorry just trying to update you)

"Oh good you're right on time" Nick spoke as Agent Hale had led Arja down to the training room where the other two men resided talking. "Thank you, Agent Hill." Maria Hill nodded taking her leave, she had a few other things to take care of before handling anything else. "Alright, now that that is that. Arja Engdahl this is Steve Rogers, Steve Rogers, Arja Engdahl, now that we are acquainted, let's get down to business." Nick spoke as he knew Rogers was listening to him, he figured the other one was as well - she liked to get things done and out of the way most of the time. Or so he noticed. "There is a rebellion group out in the northern part of England that is planning to take SHIELD down. You two have been listed as College students to a prestige fighting academy in order to get intel. Make them like you, get their attention, do whatever you have to do. We have reasons to believe they're hiding not only nuclear weapons but possibly an ancient scroll that would bring the so-called "Devil" into this world. Seeing what we have already seen in the past couple years, I wouldn't be surprised." Nick finished talking in one motion as he waited for their answers. "So you want us to infiltrate, get information, and get out? Is that it?" Steve asked.

Hope eyed the glass as she took a drink tasting the flavor realizing it was classic Irish Whiskey, not the old stuff but close enough. "Oooh, not bad. I'll have to bring you one of mine out of the grave" a figure of speech "It's quite old. But this isn't bad." "Ah I didn't hear that part, I'm assuming by the way you said that he has passed on. So sad." she didn't stay quiet long. "So question, is the core reactor made out of Palladium to hold the energy charge within?" Hope asked as she sat in a stool putting her feet on the metal below the seat.

(Googled a few things)

Arja mentally facepalmed and listened until Fury had explained everything “northern part of England? You mean Scotland or Northumberland near Edinburgh at the border between the two countries?” She crossed her arms, less than impressed with his geological pin pointing even though he was supposed to be an agent who travelled and should have known what to actually say.

————

Tony looked at her “I’m glad you like it.” He then got impressed that she actually knew what it was made out of “yeah...it was, how did you know that? Did you look at my files or something?” He scratched the side of his head a bit in confusion

"Near the border but much farther out, it's secluded on its own connecting island. Well, the only way there is with a ferry between the mainland and island." Nick answered not giving all the details as usual. "Alright, but wouldn't this be better for other agents younger than myself? Wouldn't I be recognized?" Steve spoke waiting for the answer "This group knows of the name SHIELD but not the members within it. And if they do find you out, prove to them you're against us. Don't give away all our secrets but whatever you need to do get them to trust you." Steve looked over at Arja "I'm alright with it if you are."

"Is it really that hard to figure out? I know most of the population wouldn't know the difference between Palladium and alloy. Though there is quite a difference between the two of them, not sure how people 'couldn't' know that. Anyways, I didn't read up on it, there just isn't very many metals out there that can be used." Hope asked "By the way, I know your name, but I doubt I gave you mine. Im Hope." Hope realized she had another question "Have you ever tested your machines with space rock before? The metal in space is much harder to find but I haven't found a way to meld it with technology yet."

Arja nodded “I am ready, and we aren’t making any stops if the only reason I’ve been picked is for constant flight and knowing the land.” She turned to face him “and I am very certain it’s not that hard to disguise ourselves, I’ve had to do it for years in a row before, it’s a piece of cake.” She gave a bit of a cocky smile, very certain they’d probably have to when they track down whoever the people in the rebellion were

————

Tony shook his head, he knew not everyone with a average IQ would know what everything in the arc reactor was, not everyone on earth was as intelligent, even though sometimes he made really really stupid decisions but it usually all worked out in the end. “Well, people here aren’t as intelliegent as you think, just go in to Times Square and you will see what I mean, and it would be nice to have an Introduction as I have no idea who you are.” He went to the front of the little bar and sat down on one of the stools to get off of his feet for a bit

"Yeah well, this will be my first undercover mission. It shouldn't be too bad. When do we leave?" Steve asked Fury as he waited for the response grabbing his bag with his clothes. "Not so fast, we have clothes for you. Besides going undercover means no shield. You'll leave now, now that you are debriefed, more information will be provided on the plane. Be prepared for anything." Fury had something he hadn't mentioned to make it seem like the two were on the run rather than simply just walking in. "Your passports and profiles are in the files on the plane, read over them in the first hour you are in the air." or less time if it took that long. This means they would be going on top of tbe building of headquarters and using the private jet it seemed. "Ladies first" Steve spoke as it was a habit of his even to this day.

"I don't think I've been to times square." She mused to herself listening to him then responding semi-formally "My name is Hazel Winters, you can call me Hope, its my preferred chosen name. My living quarters would be about forty miles from here. So not far away. Well, I did my introduction, would you care to do yours?" She was just teasing but if he wanted to, there was no harm, if not, it was still alright.

Arja smiled a bit and boarded the plane “not my choice of air craft...I would’ve chose smaller, makes people think it’s not a spy plane,” She looked around and took a seat, she strapped herself in and waited for him to sit down and get strapped in as well, hoping he wouldn’t take a long time to be ready for them to take off and head to wherever it was that Fury was sending them on the seemingly totally undercover mission that felt like they were about to run in to a snake den

———

Tony shifted in his seat a bit “uh well...you already know that I’m Tony Stark, and that I am all Iron Man, and this...” he spun around on the stool “is Stark Tower, now occasionally called the avengers tower but it’s whatever.” He hoped he didn’t scare her off with how arrogant he just sounded, more often that not, everyone he tried to meet would find him that way and never really keep in contact so he rarely tried

"Well he probably has reasons" Steve spoke wondering what Fury wasn't telling them as he settled in leaving his bag behind. There were clothes on the plane for both of them as well as instructions and profiles of them both. "Seems like they did quite a bit of research or effort into making us fit right in," Steve mentioned at the sight of everything being planned. There were two private uniforms in each bag and extra clothes for each inside that would include outside of class time. He glanced at his profile "Steve Hunters, well that's an odd name" he continued to read as the one he was portraying was into sports and other activities to keep moving and motivated. "So you've done cases like this before?"

"Not bad" Hope stated until she heard the elevator ding as a skinny woman with red hair walked through a clipboard in her arms. "I see you got the tower working finally again, Tony. See I knew you could do it if you put your mind to it." Pepper Potts dressed in a business suit said chipperly as if she was praising a child for doing their homework. "Oh, sorry I don't believe we've met. I'm Pepper Potts, Tony's secretary" Though there was a pause on the last word indicating she was saying something else. "Hope Winters, nice to meet you, I think it's time to head back. If you have any other questions, Tony, don't hesitate to call. I do have a cellphone and you know how to find me." Knowing that he was one of the smartest people out there in the world it shouldn't be hard to hack into a phone system and figured the number out. "I prefer texts over calls, I actually prefer to talk in person rather than through electronics, but at times I do not mind. See you again." She hinted looking at Pepper who seemed to be all quiet after her name got mentioned. She went out the window disappearing off into the sky flying off once more. "How did you two meet!?" she seemed surprised and confused on how Tony met that woman of all people.

Arja made a face at hers “mine sounds like a pretentious art critic...” she looked at him when he asked if she had done similar cases before “no, I haven’t, why do you say that? Sounds like a proper introduction is in order.” She stuck her hand out towards him “Komdiv Arja MacPherson-Engdahl, everyone calls me Arja Engdahl as its much shorter to say, and this is probably my first time being in America as a resident, I can say...the coffee obsession you guys have is overwhelmingly odd to me.”

———

Tony looked at pepper and shrugged “she literally just floated in, she fixed the sign though, I saw her do it and then I invited her in to have a drink as my way of saying thanks.” He stood up off of the stool and was about to make his way back to his workshop to keep working on the suits but stopped when he realized pepper had paused before she said that she was his secretary “what was that pause about? That’s going to annoy me if you don’t tell me In all honesty what that was about.”

Steve chuckled at the comment about the coffee as he shook her hand "Yeah, well it seems really popular nowadays, I tend to just stick with water on most days. Coffee is for rare days but I don't see the hype about it since caffeine doesn't affect me." Steve spoke adding on "Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America or The Winter Solider. Whatever you want to call me is really fine with me. Everyone just calls me by my first or last name." Steve shook her hand then looked at the instructions. "It is odd that it says ten minutes into the flight to change into the clothing provided and hold the bags close to us. Wonder why." Steve raised an eyebrow at the instructions.

"Do you realize who you just spoke to?" Pepper asked flabberghasted that Tony of all people wouldn't know who he had just met on a random chance. "Out of all the changes in the world, all the people in the world, you met her. No one has been able to get her to talk to anyone, get comments, a name, or even just a glimpse of her in ages. Gossip goes that she is older than she looks and has been around for a long time. She isn't super wealthy or anything as anyone knows of, but we barely know anything about her." Pepper stated taking a short breath continuing on "That was Hazel Hope Winters, all we know is she comes in does something and everything is better. Last month there was an influenza unknown to a hospital and months before that no one could figure out what caused it. Let alone a cure for it. She came to visit and when she left everyone was better almost instantly. Before that, she was at the battle of New York against that Loki character and she was fighting the creatures without moving a muscle, it seemed like she had powers. Though we pretty much established that, but she is like a celebrity amongst the people. Though she doesn't get out very much and hasn't been seen in quite some time. I'm surprised you could have met her, if you meet her again you have to get my friend Serena an interview." Pepper asked.

Arja looked around the plane and looked at him with the most scandalized look “change? in here with literally nowhere to duck behind? Please tell me there’s something that pulls down the center....” She then pulled out the clothes, wanting to see what they looked like and what to expect out of the clothes that they were assigned

———

Tony listened and rolled his eyes and the gushing pepper was doing “and? Shes always welcome here to me, and don’t you dare get an interview, I don’t think she’d like that and if you made her mad I don’t want to find out what kind of angry magic she can produce, it can’t be good, now you haven’t answered my question.” He turned and looked straight at her hoping she wouldn’t once again dodge his question about the secretary thing

The female's uniform was the classic dark royal blue with white lining on the long sleeve blouse and a matching plaid skirt with stockings or long socks and church-like black shoes. The men's uniform was a button up long sleeve vest and a white undershirt with a matching tie, slacks, and black shoes. Not dress shoes but more like sneakers that appeared as dress shoes. "Oh this looks like it will be fun" He rolled his eyes mentally thinking this was not the way he expected anything to go. "Seeing as no one is around since they are flying the plane" or so he thought "Why don't we just turn our backs, then when we're finished we'll both say we are done and can look." It was the best suggestion he had to offer that way they could both change.

"What about it? I was simply responding to you meeting someone else no one else gets to meet." Pepper wasn't going to tell him, not right now and sure as hell not later. She walked off forgetting why she came up here in the first place as she entered the elevator leaving without a word first. Something about her gave off a vibe of uncertainty that she wouldn't speak of to Tony about.

Hope forgot what happened when she drank, even a little bit, she still hadn't been able to control her alcohol and magic which is why she gave it up years ago. She lowered herself to a building unable to fly, not that she was drunk let alone tipsy. Whiskey or any alcohol always blocked her magic. So she sat on the rooftop waiting for it to pass so she could focus again. If she couldn't focus she couldn't use magic. The reason she never drank since those many, many years ago.

Arja looked at hers with horror “oh Jesus H Roosevelt Christ...it looks like a school uniform! How old do they expect us to portray? Teens? Yeah...I’m a bit too old for that, way too actually, and I can do turning our backs no peeking, nothing or else.” She gave him a bit of a warning tone in her voice and undid herself from the seat and stood up, putting the clothes in her seat “now your turn.” She turned her back to him, grabbing the skirt and blouse first

———

Tony put his hands up slightly, defensively and then made his way down to his work space to continue what he was doing before he took his little break to speak to hope and pepper. He hoped pepper wouldn’t actually call her friend for the interview, if she actually did he was afraid she might cause a string of bad luck to fall on to the tower and them and end up getting someone killed which was not a desire of his to happen

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Private - Avengers - Z & LM only

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus