Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Private - Avengers - Z & LM only

Hazel Hope Winters (played by Zanez) Topic Starter

"Trust me I'm not any happier about this than you are. And you have my word I will not turn around." He turned around talking but not looking back "As Fury made it sound, we're going as college students and with the reputation they're very strict on their dress code." Steve had never worn anything like this and he knew very well he wasn't going to like it at all. Taking his white t-shirt that clung to his body off over his head as he stretched before reaching over to put his shirt on the seat neatly. He finished undressing as he started with the trousers first putting the school pants on first working onto the white button up next. After getting the vest on he realized that the last he did a tie it was back before the war. Way before that. Anytime after someone else always wound up doing it for him.

Hope had finally made it home after an hour realizing that even though she did everything in the house. She wanted more to do and knew that exploring this late in the day wouldn't do her much good. Though it was early enough she still could do a lot, her mind wandered. She wound up catching herself wanting to talk more with the popular man once more. Should she later on contact him? Or let him contact her? Oh well. She decided it was time to change her train of thought thinking she wouldn't see him again at least not for a while. Or so she would think. In the meantime, she went to run some hot bath water adding lavender soap to the water and lighting her candles around the tub using her magic slightly. She only did this once a month if that in order to truly relax. Even if her tub wasn't that large she still enjoyed it as she undressed getting in. The lights in her apartment like a house were completely off, including in the bathroom minus her candle lights and she hadn't to worry about anything.

(Going to bed, just a heads up)
Arja Engdahl (played by LittleMouse)

Arja got dressed quickly just as she had to as a kid every single morning before she headed off to the school she attended “I haven’t wore a school uniform since I was 13, I hate them with a sincere passion, and now I hate them even more...I rather have my hair cut in to a botched bowl cut again than deal with this...done.” She turned around and held her hand over her eyes Incase he wasn’t “everything peachy there?”

Tony walked in to his workshop and went to his computer, starting to look for her phone number while the thought of her was still on his mind, it took him only a few minutes to find it and he sent her a quick message saying “hey it’s tony.” And then went back to working on the suit, blasting the radio as he normally would to entertain himself whilst he worked, if he was going to be down there a while he may as well had someone of his favorites playing in the background, even if it was a little loud.”

(Ok)

"No I'm all set, but I wish they'd realize there are more practical ways to dress than in...this..." Steve turned around looking at himself not amused, suits were one thing but sheesh. His tie was a bit off seeing as it had been awhile. Steve looked over, hearing her voice change from when she had her back turned to him. "Well, you may not like it but it doesn't look half bad on you, not saying anything, just being polite." Which was Steve's big front most of the time unless he was in battle then he would act differently. Protective?

- - - - - -

Hope laid in the water enjoying the scent of Lavender, the one scent amongst others that no longer put her to sleep seeing as she had gotten used to it. Hearing a noise from the other room she knew her phone had gone off which meant he was contacting her. Using her magic she willed it to her looking at it. She had gotten an android over an iPhone and upgraded it with magic rather than science. Sometimes she would play with Alchemy but most places that had the technology wouldn't want anyone near it. [Hey, that was quick, what's going on?] she texted back.

Arja moved her hand off her eyes and immediately noticed the tie “they’re going to dress code you over that tie, mind if I help?” She offered to help him out, knowing how awful headmasters could be about something as small as a uniform being even slightly off, she has seen people get in to detention constantly from minor things on them. After she got the okay to fix the tie, she fixed his tie for him, she hadn’t done it in a very long time but she still remembered how to do it and managed to get it to look proper “there...that’s probably better, now you won’t be targeted the second we land there.” She knew avoiding attention from the ones running the place as much as possible would be the one thing that would help them be susccessful in the mission

————

Tony heard his phone buzz and he sent her <just working on the suits, Hope I didn’t interrupt anything.> after he sent it she started programming the suit, working out some bugs in it that made some features quit working, they weren’t viral features but they were always helpful to have and if he didn’t have it and needed it, he’d kind of be in a situation where he was kind of stuck and would have to figure out a way around it. It took a while until he found what was going on and then rid the suit of the bug and then tested it successfully, satisfied that it didn’t completely ruin it. He then did some maintainence on it to make sure there weren’t any parts that were going to malfunction mid-flight, change or any other time when the suit is in use.

Steve nodded "It's been a long time since I've done a tie myself." Steve said sounding a bit off about the fact he couldn't even do a tie. Tony, on the other hand, could do circles around him when it came to ties. Suddenly the private jet jerked quickly causing the alarm to go off making him think they were attacked. He caught himself making sure she was alright then headed to the cockpit only to find it on autopilot and empty. Coming back into the room he said "It's on autopilot and the controls are destroyed, we're going to have to jump" he could feel the plane starting to go down as he grabbed their bags "Come on," looking around he didn't see any parachutes, this was going to be quite the landing without them. He was a super human, not superman, this was a totally different scenario. Looking around he was able to find a parachute as he hooked it onto her without question. "Ladies first, you ready?" he figured she'd either would have done this before or it was just part of some plan Fury had.

Reading her text she completed her answer then responded back [Nope just meditating with some lavender water] well actually she had started playing with the water using her magic realizing she was taking a relaxing bath during the afternoon. What the heck was she thinking? she added onto the text getting out and drying off.

Arja let him do it and had to crack a joke “at least buy me a drink and take me to dinner first!” She laughed and then instinctively, even though to him it’d look like she was being stupid, she went in to the cockpit, took off the parachute,and strapped in, grabbing the controls fiddling around with them and held her breath a bit hoping what she was doing would end in them either having an emergency landing that was a bit rough or completely putting them back on track. “Stay put! We can get down without jumping and potentially get lost.”

———

Tony sat down on a computer chair after he got the other text when he finished with the suit and continued to text her <I see..well, it seems like you might be a bit loaded with stress?> he kinda proved hoping she trusted him enough to maybe say if she was or wasn’t. He waited on her next response, he wished she was actually there instead of communicating through the phone, he actually enjoyed her physical company earlier. He hoped she would come back soon so he wouldn’t be talking to her exclusively through messaging

Steve followed her watching as he kept a hold of the parachute just in case. "Well, the back tail just caught on fire so I hope you can land it like this," Steve stated while getting into the second seat next to her while strapping himself down into the chair. He waited as the jet jerked back and forth, no one was shooting at them but the jet was starting to fail in the engines. They were on radio silence with SHIELD, therefore, they couldn't ask anyone on the outside for assistance without giving away their positions and identities.

[Nah, I just get bored and like lavender that's all. I've been around long enough not to stress over little things.] Finishing up she got dressed putting back the same dress from earlier on and the same shoes as she locked up her place. She took her hair back down before leaving her apartment wondering what to do. 'Should I go shopping? Walking? Adventuring? Ohhh that's an idea.' she thought to herself. [Hey are you up for adventures or no?] she asked, her adventures would require a lot of moving around or finding things others didn't find but she would love it.

Arja found them a field and turned the control and pulled it back and far as she could, giving them a really rough landing. She unbuckled herself after they landed and climbed out the busted windshield window of the jet. “Before you ask, no that was not the first time I’ve ever had to do that.” She said knowing he was about to say something in regards of taking over the jet when it was failing and caught fire in the engine and having to land it, she’d keep explaining as they found their way to where they’re supposed to be.

———

Tony looked around the workshop when she asked if he wanted to go on an adventure, there was nothing else to be done there so he thought, why not? It may be his only opportunity before he gets pulled away to deal with something else that he didn’t want to deal with. <sure, where should we meet or will you be coming back here again?> he sent and then went upstairs and to the bathroom and cleaned up, then changed out of the oily clothes that he had on before

"I wasn't going to ask that, but okay," Steve said after they landed though he did want to ask but he wouldn't admit to it. Once they got to where they needed to go and the parachute was left behind. A large school with high-security gates, guards, and other adults waited on the outside. Students on the inside were watching until they were told to keep walking to their classes. "Well this is awkward" he mentioned to her before they could be close enough to be heard.

[I'll come to the tower and meet you outside where I last met you in about 30 minutes, give or take] Hope texted him back then locked everything up using magic so that a normal thief couldn't get in. Not that they would find much except rocks and plants in her place, she loved how peaceful it all made it. Looking down at her outfit she decided it was probably best to change if they were going on an adventure. Changing out of her clothes she threw on khaki colored shorts with a green tank top and a thin plaid red shirt around her waist. Brown, ankle boots meant for hiking or climbing and her hair was up in a high ponytail showing off her face more with wavy side bangs parted, shorter than her actual hair. Afterward, she flew back to the tower in pretty good time now having a reason to go there and waited outside on the side where you could walk. Floating above would cause more attention to her and she would rather not be on television right now. Nor would it work with her powers.

Arja looked at him “you think? Just remember, lie low, stay out of trouble and get what we’ve come for.” She walked to the gate and showed the guards her student ID so they’d know they were the new students there at the huge school. She walked in to the school yard after they let them in. “The first thing we should do is get something for lunch, it’ll give us a chance to further get to know each other because it’s weird to me when opposite-sex people are together for long periods of time without knowing one another too well.” She said to him, looking around.

————

Tony got ready in something that would be adventure appropriate even though he basically had no idea what they were going to get up to, he just kind of prepared best he could while he waited on her, if he had to change anything he could when she arrived, otherwise he felt like he was prepared for whatever she could be wanting to do that afternoon with him. He told Jarvis to let her in whenever she would show up so he wouldn’t have to mess with the system himself and potentially set off an alarm by accident. He couldn’t help but wonder what she meant by adventure, there wasn’t much around them ther he hasn’t saw already and tried to think of places they’d be going

"Works for me" Steve commented after showing his ID as well, at least their IDs looked like them other than the uniform they had to wear. Disregarding the fashion and mannerisms of the guards, he walked with Arja to find the lunchroom. Or their room. It looked like to be a dormitory which wasn't a surprise to him. Steve took notice of the grounds and placement of the guards making sure to keep his eyes more towards Arja than them to not raise suspicion. "Should we find the dorms first to put our stuff down or the cafeteria?" Steve suggested asking, figuring they would be able to find one or the other.

- - - - - - - -

Hope waited in the room with the bar without anything to drink, she would need her powers straight up without distractions for adventures. Especially if she was bringing someone else with them. Looking around she would hear a voice throughout the walls and wondered if it was the machine or not so she tried talking to it. Getting a response started she began to have a conversation with it while waiting. The conversation was over quantum psychics and the mixture of magic with machines.

Arja looked around, making a bit of a face “uh...food first, dorm later, expect to split up then.” She started to look for the cafeteria area or anything that resembled anywhere they could eat. Her hands keeping her skirt down, she missed the longer midi skirts and knee length skirts and hated short, in a sense of anything higher than her knee to mini skirts with a passion, they made her feel extremely exposed and uncomfortable like she couldn’t move or else the whole thing would fly up and make an embarrassing moment for her.

———

Tony went to the room they first conversed in, seeing she had started an intellectual conversation with Jarvis he spoke up, “I see you’ve met Jarvis.” He smiled at her and walked over to her, standing in front of her. He didn’t explain Jarvis was an AI that he created, she already knew that since she was talking to basically a voice in the air that wasn’t attached to anyone and it would’ve been something extremely obvious to be pointing and also pointless to mention

(Once my new fan comes in and it FITS. I'll be able to post more)

Steve nodded remembering even though they were a team on the mission, they were still opposite genders which meant probably on the other side of hallways or school depending on how strict their gender-based roles were. "You look fine" he whispered noticing she was trying to keep the skirt down, of course, he never wore one so he wouldn't know what it was like to feel the way it would expose oneself. They found a cafeteria as they went into the lunch room, all eyes on them, he led her to the lunch line making sure no one would get too close. Not because he was on a mission, just because he was protective. He wasn't sure what kind of school this would be. They gave him a tray with food already on it: Mashed potatoes, hamburger with cheese, and water. At least it was water, something he liked.

"Yup, figured I'd wait and see how well Jarvis would keep up a conversation" Hope answered getting up from the chair asking "Ever been to The Pyramids?" most likely he had which was okay but she had another part of Eygpt she was going to explore though she would wait for him to respond before going on. The whole point of doing something new was not explaining what they were diong. "Also you might wanna bring your compacted suit along just in case" she stated.

Arja looked back at him “it’s not fine, it’s too short.” She whispered and took a look around the room, she thought they all looked like typical posh residents and that did not help her first impression. She then looked at her tray and made a disgusted face, whispering “this is food?” She kind of poked at it with her spoon when they sat down at one of the tables, she would honestly prefer rations over what this place was trying to pass off as a lunch, she contemplated getting up to throw it out for a bit

———

Tony raised and eyebrow at her “no I haven’t and why bring the compacted suitcase?” He asked wondering why she was asking him to bring it with them, he could think of a few reasons nothing really made sense to him, he wanted to hear what her reasoning behind it was, he no longer kept his suit in one now that he figured out something else for it that was quite a bit smaller and easier to be carrying around than a clunky little suitcase that was not very convenient to be carrying everywhere, especially in places that people would get suspicious over

"Bring something that would protect you in case I cannot. Not that I think we'll run into anything but you never know on adventures. At least the ones I go on." Hope said "It's up to you but I figured we'd go to a place people rarely ever, hope you don't mind scarabs. Ready to go or would you like to back down now?" Hope waited for a response, she knew she was getting excited about bringing someone else with her on her wild adventures.

Steve figured they'd need to eat to conserve their energy, even though he didn't expect anyone to attack him out of the blue for whatever reason, he felt that they should be ready just in case. He sat across from her so they could talk to each other and draw less attention. So far most of the students stopped staring, new kids awlays got scared at in school more than others. "You said you wanted to get to know each other more. So, i guess I'll ask, do you have siblings?" Steve was just bringing up conversation to pass time and eat.

Tony showed her the little compact he managed to make for his suit that he’d made not too long before “I have this, I managed to somehow get it all in here, quite amazing if you ask me.” He headed towards the entrance giving her his answer about going, he was going to go, he’d never saw Egypt or the pyramids before so now was the chance for him to go see everything, even the scarabs that she mentioned, he knew they were supposed to be a type of beetle and that didn’t really bother him

—————

Arja tried to eat a bit and shook her head “only child, my parents rarely saw each other except for breakfast and dinner, so they never did have another child after I was born, I wasn’t supposed to happen either but I did, what about you?” She asked him the same question wanting to know if he had any or not as well, she could tell by the way he acted around her it could be a bit of a possibility that he could have but she thought it would be a good idea to ask anyways, it never hurt to when you’re trying to get to know someone

(FINALLY A QUIET COMPUTER FAN - yay)

"Good, everyone sees the outside of the pyramids day after day and night after night. So there isn't any fun seeing stuff everyone else always sees, I'll show you but we won't be needing the front door. You already know of my gifts so there isn't any point in hiding them right now. We'll be back Jarvis." Hope smiled holding her hand out for Tony to take as the magic around her began to pick up "I wouldn't let go if I were you, I haven't teleported with another in so long so I don't want to lose you in another time or object." No fun being stuck in a wall.

"As far as I know, no. I was an only child, I don't remember much about my parents just those I worked with over the years." After Steve joined the military in a unique way he wound up realizing he didn't remember anything before that fate discovered day. His mother...he couldn't remember her name or even if he had a father around. If he did, then would they be proud of him for the life he chose? In the past, he only thought about himself and never about family that could have been living while he was stuck in the ice after all these years.

Tony grabbed her hand and didn’t plan on letting go, he could only imagine how awkward it’d be if he did get stuck somewhere between where they were and Egypt and cause her to have to come back to get him, it wouldn’t be a fun experience for both of them and would get him in trouble with her. He couldn’t wait to arrive but the idea of traveling by magic instead of a normal way kind of made him question all of his life decisions and why he was even allowing her to use magic like this, but it was what it was.

———————

Arja nodded a bit, listening and then added “my father was a biomedical scientist from Joensuu, Finland so that only made the connection between him and my mother that much more impossible, I was kind of the translator of the family, if either of them couldn’t understand something, they’d call for me and I would always read it to them.” She looked at him, wondering what else he was going to ask her

Hope was all about magic, her life had magic ever since the beginning and so forth. This was just the more enjoyable past time of hers when she could actually bring someone else along. Magic swirled blocking out any colors or objects as a rush ran throughout their bodies until finally, it settled when they appeared into a very dark room with no lights what so ever. "Here we are" She could see somewhat in the dark, making out some outlines. "Oh whoops, I normally bring lights with me." She started letting go of his hand walking away looking for something. "I think I found it!" she called across a really long room on the other side lighting a match dropping it into some thick gooey liquid. The oil was lit and the room began to show up really quickly as now they could see they were inside one of the pyramids. By the looks of it, it hadn't been touched yet. "Been here once before but decoding the messages isn't fun or easy without another. So I decided to come back later to it and see what was the big deal about this one. Except for being hidden and unfound still.

Just then a bell rung as he saw the other students stand up, he chose to stand up with them looking at Arja hoping she would do the same. It seemed that this must be time for another adult to walk into the room to speak. The question would be about what? An older gentleman looking to be quite...old...maybe around ninety years old stepped into the room. "Students, I see you have met our newest members. The older gentlemen nodded to Steve to speak up "Hunters...Steve Hunters." then the older man looked at Arja for her to make her statement for her introduction.

Tony looked around the inside of the pyramid, it was definitley like he had imagined and told they were like on the inside, mostly just a bunch of ancient artifacts from the days of ancient Egypt, he walked around looking at everything. “Sometimes I wonder if this stuff is actually cursed of it that was just their way of keeping people out of here...” he looked over at Hazel hoping she’d say that it was just their way of keeping people out of the pyramids and keep them from robbing the tombs

————

Arja internally cringed at the sight of everyone staring at her, “Arja Stewart.” She acted pleasant on the outside but on the inside she wanted to run and hide, she hated it when people stared and she definitley hated school introductions, and she definitley hated being the supposed new kid, she didn’t understand why a college would have them introduce themselves, that was more of a primary and secondary school thing, not a post-secondary thing.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Private - Avengers - Z & LM only

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus