Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Troubled Teens In Trouble

Sarah Voight (played anonymously) Topic Starter

She looked down at the necklace with a blank stare. Don't need it? Of course I need it. I can't let go. Not yet...not yet... she thought. As soon as Roxanne was preoccupied with talking to Aaron she immediately began reassembling the bracelet again, slipping on the last few beads. She then began trying to a tie a not, to which a couple of the beads slid back off. She let out a small sigh.
She gently picked up the beads and took the necklace off for a second. She placed the beads on the necklace in a order around the cross. She closed the necklace and slipped it back on her. “ there.. now it won’t slip off.”
Aaron Pyrosian (played by Arcol)

“That’s actually not going to happen,” he explained, keeping his tone respectful, “according to Kim, a group of Raiders are already on their way to the prison; if they can’t set up camp there, they’ll take the only other safe location I’ve found. I advise that we take out that risk by taking the neighborhood first instead of racing against the raiders for a place that may or may not already be taken.” He was as submissive as he could be as he relayed the information, but he hoped she would see his logic.
“ I mean it’s a good idea for now but it won’t last long... we need to go somewhere where those things aren’t.. I mean... I have this small idea but I’m not sure how it could work...
Sarah Voight (played anonymously) Topic Starter

She looked down at the necklace again, one of her small hands gently grabbing the cross and holding it up slightly. She could feel her throat closing on her as the wiped her eyes with the other hand, now just quietly fiddling with the necklace.

“Well,” he sighed, “you’re the leader; what do you think we should do?” He wasn’t sure what her plan was, but he really hoped it didn’t involve fighting off desperate humans or zed armadas.
“ these zombies are dead. Corpses... corpses don’t do well in heat. I find they thrive in the colder areas. Like where we are... what if we traveled over the border? Closer to the equator? Where their are less of these walking corpses?

He was confused for a moment, almost assuming that her plan was suicide. “You want to go all the way to the equator,” he questioned, a bit less respectively, “where you assume there’s less undead? You realize it would take months, if not years, for us to get there without vehicles, not to mention we’d have to deal with constant threats of supply loss, Raiders, and zeds chasing us the entire way. I strongly advise that we fortify the neighborhood before someone else claims it as their own; it’s safer to build up nearby than to migrate down south in these conditions.”
“ do you want to finish hearing me out or do you want to chewing me out?

He growled, but relented. “Go ahead,” he muttered, still finding flaws in her idea thus far.
“ do you know what is close to this building. About a 5 mile walk away?” She said softly.

“An old daycare center,” he listed, “a soup kitchen, and a few schools. Oh, and that military checkpoint base. I think I see your point.”
“ your wrong. An old wear house Aaron... and in this wear house are hidden planes. Five miles from here... two to be exact... he can get everyone out of here. Sitting in that neighbourhood will be like sitting ducks and we will die. Once we are cornered. He can’t leave. we need to leave now.”

“But what if the planes are being guarded,” he countered, “or are out of fuel? What if the engines malfunction in mid air? It’s too big a risk. I know you think we’ll be vulnerable, but if we go to the area now and set out roots into the ground, we could defend ourselves; why risk a plan that will most likely fail when we have one that is more probable to succeed? I’m trying to save lives, Roxanne, yours included; we can’t run, but we can show everything in this wasteland that we can and will stand our ground against anything it can throw at us.”
“ but it isn’t working anymore Aaron. They are getting stronger and more skilled! I don’t think we even have a month left to live if we stay here... no matter what tricks we pull... we can try your thing but mark my words. We will die playing sitting ducks

“It’s more likely that we’ll die in the air than on the ground,” he nearly shouted, “I’m trying to keep you from killing yourself, Roxanne, but you’re putting off logic for some improbable plan that has multiple ways of failure over one that can be improvised later. If we lose the area, we can start again, but if we try to go to heaven knows where in machines that haven’t flown for who knows how long, we’d only have one shot, and it would be wasted trying to escape an inevitable fate. I’d rather die defending our home than in a fiery explosion somewhere over the mountains.”
“ like hell this is our home! This the place where they strapped us to bed and electrocuted us till we passed out Aaron! We will try your blood idea but watch as we get cornered and have a bloody painful death because this isn’t working anymore! Go tell the others to get ready! Now Aaron!

“Finally, you see reason,” he rolled his eyes, going to the gathering hub, “I’ll get everything ready, trust me.” He alerted the other survivors to start gathering their belongings, directing them to begin their movement to the neighborhood, which he now called “Sanctuary,” as that is what it would be. While they did that, he and his two scouts devised a plan of defense for the area, as well as more than one escape route in case they needed it. He got a caravan together and awaited either of the leader’s instructions to move out.
She shook her head as she got the others ready before cleaning herself up in the bathroom. She sighed as the red water went down the drain

“We’re ready to move,” Aaron called from just outside, “as soon as you give the order, of course; unless you’d like me to do it for you.” He was sure he had overstepped his boundaries, but in these severe situations, he would do whatever it took to keep everyone alive, even if it meant facing the wrath of Roxanna.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Troubled Teens In Trouble

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus