Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Hello! Friend?

KillerKiller Topic Starter

Len Auphydas wrote:
my favorite show is none other than owari no seraph.
G7ASd1c.jpg

all of the characters are literally perfect and I love them.

Also I've been playing lots of Europa Universalis lately. I, the Hyakuya shogunate of japan, am the sole power in the americas! (...I made a custom nation that incidentally was based on owari no seraph)

Omg! I love owari no seraph! I'm a little behind on some of the episodes, but it's definitely interesting to say the least. I watch a lot of anime and stuff, so I can be a bit foggy on a few things, but I remember this anime pretty well.

It's really cool that you made whole custom nation based on the anime :)

As for me, the anime I really like personally, is Angels of Death. Though, I also really like Attack on Titan and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. (Now that I think about it, I like really violent anime)
Well I havent watched a "ton" and I cant say I've seen any of those. I do have a list somewhere of all the anime I've watched plus rankings of them though, its just like 30 long though- pretty short compared to alot of people who watch it more religiously.

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
Well I havent watched a "ton" and I cant say I've seen any of those. I do have a list somewhere of all the anime I've watched plus rankings of them though, its just like 30 long though- pretty short compared to alot of people who watch it more religiously.

Yeah, that's alright though, I'm sure you have plenty of other things to do, like work, school, and other hobbies. I just tend to be very focused on a select few things. And...I kinda do the same things repeatedly.
Eheh, its not so much that I'm busy (certainly not now, I'm sick-) so much as I just cant emotionally handle too much of that stuff. Owari no seraph may've thrown me into a state of existential crisis for a couple weeks-

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
Eheh, its not so much that I'm busy (certainly not now, I'm sick-) so much as I just cant emotionally handle too much of that stuff. Owari no seraph may've thrown me into a state of existential crisis for a couple weeks-

Oooh, so you have a fragile psyche. Well, I can't really say I understand, but it sounds like it'd suck.

But anyway, do you have any experience cooking, or at least some favorite foods?
When I'm not super sick I usually cook everything I eat. Cooking is really easy all you have to do is just add garlic until it tastes good- I make salads, pasta, soup (albeit not "often"...), sandwiches, occassionally teriyaki. Probably more that I'm not thinking of.

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
When I'm not super sick I usually cook everything I eat. Cooking is really easy all you have to do is just add garlic until it tastes good- I make salads, pasta, soup (albeit not "often"...), sandwiches, occassionally teriyaki. Probably more that I'm not thinking of.

Sounds right up my alley, the things you eat. Also, I really hope you get better soon since being sick is the absolute worst. I have a strong gag reflex so I puke almost every time. It's terrible. *Hello darkness my old friend*

But anyway, I really like canned food myself since I'm slow at eating stuff away and I don't have to worry about it going bad too fast.
I see- My relatives grow a significant amount of food but it can be really hard to actually "find" alot of it since our freezer is like... its just this big box, so you can only see like 8% of the stuff in it at any given time, 50% of that stuff is covered in frost, and if you take anything out its a puzzle to fit all the stuff back in. So its kinda hard to find stuff, so I mostly just make the same stuff alot.

I've also tried to make a few more special dishes a few times but those havent really panned out well. I tried making dumplings but the dough was way too thick and the filling was completely wrong texture wise, I really have no idea how to fix that at all or where to even start. I also tried making an onigiri once. It turned out alright, although it wasnt really how it was intended, but at least with that one I think I would know how to make it better.

I managed to sleep at least some last night, although I still woke up at midnight way earlier than I wanted to... I cant sleep cause my throat keeps waking me up/keeping me awake. I've been so tired...

Spiritualeclipse wrote:

Wow, that sucks man. I hope things get better.

And when you are better, I think it'd be best to start with a proper recipe or a how to make (Insert food name) video. Those can help steer you in the right direction. Cooking takes practice, but it isn't that hard once you ge the hang of it.

Going back to the whole being sick thing, it's best to take some night time medicine for sickness that helps you sleep and getting cough drops. Other things that help sooth your suffering I shall list:
Orange Juice (Helps you get over your sickness faster)
Honey mixed with lemon juice (this helps your throat)
Allergy Medicine (Helps with congestion and runny nose)
Plenty of sleep while having a cold-damp wash cloth on your forehead (allows you to get better faster and the cloth helps you sleep)
Taking a shower (This helps with headaches, congestion, and feeling bad)
And Ginger (This helps with nausea)
I've done several of those already- orange juice, honey, I had some tea thats supposed to help- I'm altogether feeling a bit better today, although I'm still super congested and have a headache.

As for cooking I did watch the videos for the dumplings but I still have no idea how to make it turn out right. with the onigiri I think I have a decent idea of how to improve next time anyways-

my goal is to be able to cook anything I might want to eat whenever I want so I never have to go out to eat.
Guh, I think I have a fever now- I'm so hot, and I cant stop sweating.

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
Guh, I think I have a fever now- I'm so hot, and I cant stop sweating.

Omg RIP. Well I also feel terrible today, so I guess things suck for the both of us.

Btw, yesterday was a bit better than today because I got a commission request and I love drawing commissions because that means they like my art.
Speaking of commissions, mine is waiting till I'm feeling better before I have focus to go make a big document about edits to it.

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
Speaking of commissions, mine is waiting till I'm feeling better before I have focus to go make a big document about edits to it.

Ah, that's cool!

Also, I want to ask you something. What is your most favorite hobby?
Uh... I mean... probably RPing and related activities. Otherwise just appreciating cute pictures...

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
Uh... I mean... probably RPing and related activities. Otherwise just appreciating cute pictures...

That's cool! I love going on pinterest and looking at all kinds of adorable pictures, such as art dolls, ball jointed dolls, chibi, anime characters etc.

And as for the whole rping thing. I'll get into bursts of role playing, but I mostly like making stories by myself so I don't have to worry about the story getting ruined by another person's laziness. I've had to end a few role plays because of this, but there are those who are fairly good at rping so they can keep up. (Disclaimer: I do not think I'm better than anyone else it's just my opinion.)

I'm currently revamping a comic of mine as well and I'm pretty excited with the ideas I have. I already drew the new cover as well and have been constructing character sheets and part of the script for the first chapter.
I see. Well I dont do anything nearly as interesting... pretty much just cutie appreciating.

I'm a big fan of kyoots.

I do try to keep up some daily studying but its so hard for me to focus most of the time so its hard- so in the end I spend alot of my time just doing absolutely nothing. like right now.

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
I see. Well I dont do anything nearly as interesting... pretty much just cutie appreciating.

I'm a big fan of kyoots.

I do try to keep up some daily studying but its so hard for me to focus most of the time so its hard- so in the end I spend alot of my time just doing absolutely nothing. like right now.

You can put things off as much as you want, but in the end you're the one who'll suffer. It's better to just buckle down and do what you need to do and then do what you want to do after. Find a hobby, something to give meaning to your life and you'll be happier in the long run. You don't have to listen to me of course, but this is just some friendly advice.
you say that like I can just "do what I need to do" just based on sitting down and doing it. I rewatched the same video four times and still couldnt tell you a single word the guy said because I couldnt focus on it. I could watch it four more times and I still wouldnt know a single thing they said. If I'm not focused I'm not focused, I cant "just do it".

And the last thing I need is "more" things to do. I already have plenty.

Spiritualeclipse wrote:
you say that like I can just "do what I need to do" just based on sitting down and doing it. I rewatched the same video four times and still couldnt tell you a single word the guy said because I couldnt focus on it. I could watch it four more times and I still wouldnt know a single thing they said. If I'm not focused I'm not focused, I cant "just do it".

And the last thing I need is "more" things to do. I already have plenty.

There is absolutely no reason for you to be snippy. It was just some advice that I already said you didn't need to listen to. If you're frustrated at something, don't take it out on me just because I tried to help and failed.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Hello! Friend?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus