Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Hello! Friend?

KillerKiller Topic Starter

Ah and here I am again. Someone leaving because I addressed the fact that they snapped at me for simply trying to help. I don't know why I try anymore. People whine, whine, whine when all they do is absolutely NOTHING to fix any of what they need to fix. They accuse me of saying it like it's so easy when I never said it was.

Leaving as soon as they slightly dislike anything I say even though they could just convey that they want me to listen to them complain instead of trying to help. People have become so fragile that they'd rather be alone then to have to let anyone in their hearts. Flaws and all.

If something isn't entirely sweet and wonderful, they act like it's toxic or absolute torture to be with someone. Life isn't rainbows and sunshine all the time and the same goes with people and relationships. You have to be patient, adapt and do the best you can WITH your partner. Otherwise, it'll never turn out how you wanted it to.

No, no one that I've met thus far has tried. ACTUALLY tried to maintain a relationship properly or even communicate. They've all been selfish, conditional, stubborn, and completely bound down by their inability to break out of their comfort zone. From their little shells that they hid in to shield themselves from the TRUTH.

Sure all the things I've said thus far have been pretty dramatic by some people's standards, but it's exactly what I have seen and what I think. I'm TIRED of listening to people ramble on about how mistreated they are or how rough the have it just to slowly find out just how truly spoiled they are. NO ONE APPRECIATES WHAT THEY HAVE! All they want is more more more more more more more more more.

Enough already. I get it. Just please stop doing these horrible things that don't benefit anyone. They just hurt you and everyone else around you.
Ah yes. I was getting snappy. Because I'm the one saying, quote, "People whine, whine, whine when all they do is abolutely NOTHING".

What a bloody hypocrite. You get all defensive the moment anything you said is slightly criticized, while simultaneously whining yourself about what someone else says.

You just think that you should be free to judge and say whatever you want about others and cant stand if they happen to, I dont know, tell you the many myriad reasons you happen to be wrong. Maybe if you open your bloody mouth, you should be able to stand that someone else might take issue with what you say. Theres nothing wrong with criticism, but you have to be able to take responses to yoru criticism just as much in stride as you expect other people to take your criticism.

"Don't take it out on me" you say. Because I told you why your proposals are not useful or accurate. Yet here you are, making this big old rant about how impatient and awful I am.

If your going to criticize me but then take criticism of your criticism as an insult, how do you expect me to just stick around?

what an absolute dingus.

What you did wasn't you just slightly criticizing what I said. You snapped at me without just saying that you didn't want me to try and help. And I never criticized you when I was trying to help. It was a simple suggestion that I said you didn't have to listen to, yet you said what you said.

That rant I went on wasn't entirely directed towards you anyway, but to every person I've tolerated till now. You were just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I've admitted plenty of times when I was wrong and maybe I should've just held all that in like I usually do and let it go to move on to another person in hopes they would be a better communicator for how they feel about what I said without just being a jerk right off the bat.

But I've gotten so tired of all the failing to find someone who will and all I want is someone to just listen and understand how I feel.
Look if your going to go off on a tirade after one person says something you dislike one time then doesnt respond to you for a day, this wasnt going anywhere anyways. Why would I want to talk to someone who is practically looking for a fight? You're actively choosing to perceive whatever I say in the most hostile way possible. What I actually did- not what you "say" I said- was inform you of the reasons your advice did not apply. Anything you interpret beyond that is solely your own responsibility.

If your that eager to start arguing that you'll interpret a short, practical response to something you said as a personal attack on your character, I cant help you there. But I'm not going to keep responding when its already clear that your practically looking for things to interpret as attacks against you. And given how easily you decided to go off on this tirade, ti would seem that that judgement of your character was entirely accurate. Perhaps you should spend less time telling other people how they should respond to things and instead consider that they're not out to attack you in the first place.

Here, ltes look at what I said.

"you say that like I can just "do what I need to do" just based on sitting down and doing it. I rewatched the same video four times and still couldnt tell you a single word the guy said because I couldnt focus on it. I could watch it four more times and I still wouldnt know a single thing they said. If I'm not focused I'm not focused, I cant "just do it".

And the last thing I need is "more" things to do. I already have plenty."

Here I am, informing you that I cannot simply do what you said as simply as you make it sound. I did not even mention you beyond what you said. There is absolutely no way this could be interpreted as a personal attack on you, yet you willfully interpreted it that way and called me "snappy". Not to mention, your previous response was just patronizing. You are activelly telling me whats better for me, in my life, without understanding the situation. And yet somehow its snappy when I try to inform you why, in fact, your misguided advice is not helpful.

So no. I did not snap at you. Now, right here, I am snapping at you. This is what snapping looks like. Because when you started telling me that "I" was being aggressive, I just left. I felt no need to start an argument over it. Yet here you are, sending rants at me and talking about how "fragile" I am.

I dont need this. I came here to have a conversation, not walk on eggshells.

I cannot hear tones through text, so I misunderstood your intent, so I apologize for that. You trying to inform me also came across much differently then you wanted it to.

I thought you left for good to just start ignoring me which I have encountered before just by asking what was wrong when someone said they were upset. I think I snapped because I've been worn down by all the times I've experienced horrible people, so I probably did come here assuming that it would turn out no different.

I do understand that I made a mistake by assuming too much when I gave you that advice and I'll make sure to just stop trying to help like I have been in the future. Instead I'll just listen and do what I can for support.

I'm sorry for lashing out the way I did. And I'll understand if you want to just leave.
Good morning, RPRians.

For obvious reasons, I am stepping in to put a lockdown on this thread.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Hello! Friend?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus