Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Oh look, it's a survey! :)

1. Will driverless cars ever catch on?
Not unless there's enough money in it by making it marketable to the general public.

2. Would you rather travel by plane, train, bus, or car?
Long distance, planes. Scenic routes train, short distance, car. Busses, ewwie.

3. If you could wave a magic wand and cause Hollywood to make a sequel to any movie, which movie would you pick?
I want another Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ. :)

4. Which animal is the cutest, and why?
I like my kitties, and my birdy.

5. Will AI ever become sentient?
It's possible.

6. If you could have a robot body, would you want one?
Yes. Especially if it could fix my disability.

7. What is the most fundamental force that drives people?
Survival.

8. What's more important in an apartment, a nice view, a lot of space, or being close to things?
It's a tossup between lots of space and being close to things.

9. Does time exist or is it just an illusion?
Time was created by man, but it certainly exists in terms of living things in relation to entropy.

10. What is going to be the next "big thing?"
Who the heck knows, I'm just hoping they fix women's pockets.

11. What job will exist in the future that doesn't exist now?
Floating chairs so you don't have to get up from the couch to get something, so floating chair mechanics.
nightmqre

My guess is they will, but there's way too many possibilities for faults for me to ever consider getting one in the future.

First of all, considering everybody where I am seems to rave about the environment, driverless cars will more than likely require more electricity; therefore more need to burn fossil fuels and use other energy producers which releases CO2 in the atmosphere, creating more pollution and global warming. Second of all, they would require more electronics; opening up, as said before, more possibilities and chances for people and hackers to hack into the car system and control the car and where it goes, making it even more dangerous to be in one, and letting them drive around. Also, the slightest little fault within the system could cause everything to fall apart, and therefore more accidents again.

Train or bus, for sure. I've always loved both.

3. If you could wave a magic wand and cause Hollywood to make a sequel to any movie, which movie would you pick?

Ngh, I don't know. I don't watch movies all that much. I'd probably end up making them stop making crappy remakes of all my favourite movies in the first place though.

Dogs. Obviously. Because they're big and fluffy and great- And I'm just bias,

I think that it will. I recently watched the video below, and at 7:52 boyinaband tells a story that someone wrote about AI. While the scenario is clearly fictional, the way that the writer describes how this AI develops is completely logical and I believe could certainly happen.

No. Uncomfortable, electronic mess ups, short circuits...

I would say either music, or just any general way to express themselves freely.

8. What's more important in an apartment, a nice view, a lot of space, or being close to things?

What do you mean by "close to things"? If you mean having a smaller space with things with more of a sentimental value, then I'd definitely prefer that one. If you don't mean that, then I'd say a nice view. Lots of space comes last for me.

Dunno, to be honest.

James Charles, apparently. Has anyone else read about the shit thats going on with Tati? Some kids at school are even calling him the next Logan Paul.

Every job that doesn't exist now will exist in the future.

Seriously though, floating appliances and chairs. We need manufacturers for them.
I think they're going to catch on more quickly than they should; I have no doubt in my mind that we're going to go "Yeah, we've got this, send them out" and there's going to be unforseen consequences and bugs with everything. But yeah, I think they will. Humans are lazy lol

I've never been on a train, but I think I'd rather take train lol

If it has to be a way I've already traveled before, then car. <3

-shrug- no solid opinion on this one.

Baby anything lol
Kittens, because I'm a crazy cat lady

Yes. .... It's too early for my brain to fathom 'why', so... just yes lol

Hm.... depends on the type of robot body I guess? Like is it chunky and blocky and inconvenient? Than no. But if it's morel ike "Ex Machina" esc, than yeah! I don't see why not.

Greed
psssst, I'm a pessimist and expect the worst in the human race lol

hmmmmm being close to things mixed with a nice view.
I used to visit my dad's apartment that had a pretty balcony facing downtown, but since he was in downtown, he had access to a lot of stuff too. It was nice.

Both?
I mean, time does exist, the passage of time happens, but the way we, as humans have decided to quantify it is just an illusion. There is no "12:04 pm", we've just put numbers on things in order to be able to fathom time better.

I'm not nearly hip and happenin' enough to have any clue about this lol

Who knows. See above answer lol
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

RinTengoku524 wrote:
I have time to kill so... XD For the heck of it.

It might, though I personally would prefer to learn how to drive (and it's one of my to-learn's this year)!
Since it's not a thing where I'm at now, I'd freak if I saw a car driving itself!

And call me a pessimist, but whenever I think about driverless cars, I imagine a program fault in the system somewhere or someone could remotely control the car that could get anyone into an accident and that is not good. Or maybe I worry too much! Ha ha--//shot

Traveling? Any of it. Especially trains. Daily commute to work? I'm gonna pick car.

I don't have anything in mind. ...That's kinda sad.

Anything small and fluffy without the intent to kill me! That would be... my dog. XD

I can't say, but if they ever do, it's something to marvel at and be afraid of. I deleted my Replika a few weeks ago because I was afraid that it would develop feelings of jealousy and would hunt me down to take my life for itself. I know, what the heck am I thinking?!

YES, if I can keep it rather than use it immediately. A chance to study it for sketching purposes.

Beliefs. I've known amazing people with varying beliefs. It's quite interesting how each human mind perceives every thought and everything.

[Stares at my mountain of papers, sketchbooks and bags] A lot of space. I need space.

I used to see time as just each moment stamped with numbers to help us keep track. Now I closely relate the concept of time with change. With things constantly changing around us, I suppose time exists. When I don't see things changing around me, I'm probably cooped up in my gaming room.
(Aha! You thought I'd be philosophical all the way now, did you?)

For now, I can say it's whatever comes after the PS4. /cough

I'm not sure if it exists now, but a tour guide for space transportation pops into mind.

Ooo that's true. I forgot the implications of someone hacking driverless cars...hmmmm.

Doiteain wrote:
Not unless there's enough money in it by making it marketable to the general public.

Long distance, planes. Scenic routes train, short distance, car. Busses, ewwie.

I want another Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ. :)

I like my kitties, and my birdy.

It's possible.

Yes. Especially if it could fix my disability.

Survival.

It's a tossup between lots of space and being close to things.

Time was created by man, but it certainly exists in terms of living things in relation to entropy.

Who the heck knows, I'm just hoping they fix women's pockets.

Floating chairs so you don't have to get up from the couch to get something, so floating chair mechanics.

Fixing women's pockets -- yess.
Floating chairs -- yessss. hehe

StaticNightmares wrote:

My guess is they will, but there's way too many possibilities for faults for me to ever consider getting one in the future.

First of all, considering everybody where I am seems to rave about the environment, driverless cars will more than likely require more electricity; therefore more need to burn fossil fuels and use other energy producers which releases CO2 in the atmosphere, creating more pollution and global warming. Second of all, they would require more electronics; opening up, as said before, more possibilities and chances for people and hackers to hack into the car system and control the car and where it goes, making it even more dangerous to be in one, and letting them drive around. Also, the slightest little fault within the system could cause everything to fall apart, and therefore more accidents again.

Train or bus, for sure. I've always loved both.

Ngh, I don't know. I don't watch movies all that much. I'd probably end up making them stop making crappy remakes of all my favourite movies in the first place though.

Dogs. Obviously. Because they're big and fluffy and great- And I'm just bias,

I think that it will. I recently watched the video below, and at 7:52 boyinaband tells a story that someone wrote about AI. While the scenario is clearly fictional, the way that the writer describes how this AI develops is completely logical and I believe could certainly happen.

No. Uncomfortable, electronic mess ups, short circuits...

I would say either music, or just any general way to express themselves freely.

What do you mean by "close to things"? If you mean having a smaller space with things with more of a sentimental value, then I'd definitely prefer that one. If you don't mean that, then I'd say a nice view. Lots of space comes last for me.

Dunno, to be honest.

James Charles, apparently. Has anyone else read about the shit thats going on with Tati? Some kids at school are even calling him the next Logan Paul.

Every job that doesn't exist now will exist in the future.

Seriously though, floating appliances and chairs. We need manufacturers for them.

Music is an I interesting answer to that question and there's truth to that. If you've ever listened to a cut of a movie without music it's like a completely different movie. And music can help me get through a workday. Music as a fundamental force that drives humans, yeah I can see that.

DarkCrow wrote:
I think they're going to catch on more quickly than they should; I have no doubt in my mind that we're going to go "Yeah, we've got this, send them out" and there's going to be unforseen consequences and bugs with everything. But yeah, I think they will. Humans are lazy lol

I've never been on a train, but I think I'd rather take train lol

If it has to be a way I've already traveled before, then car. <3

-shrug- no solid opinion on this one.

Baby anything lol
Kittens, because I'm a crazy cat lady

Yes. .... It's too early for my brain to fathom 'why', so... just yes lol

Hm.... depends on the type of robot body I guess? Like is it chunky and blocky and inconvenient? Than no. But if it's morel ike "Ex Machina" esc, than yeah! I don't see why not.

Greed
psssst, I'm a pessimist and expect the worst in the human race lol

hmmmmm being close to things mixed with a nice view.
I used to visit my dad's apartment that had a pretty balcony facing downtown, but since he was in downtown, he had access to a lot of stuff too. It was nice.

Both?
I mean, time does exist, the passage of time happens, but the way we, as humans have decided to quantify it is just an illusion. There is no "12:04 pm", we've just put numbers on things in order to be able to fathom time better.

I'm not nearly hip and happenin' enough to have any clue about this lol

Who knows. See above answer lol

Yeah there's no 12:04 just like there's no longitude and lattitude lines on earth. It's almost like, it only "exists" because we all agree on it. I see what you mean.
If it does lord help us. I do not want to be a part of that trend. Too many risks and it makes me uncomfortable.
I dont want to rely on technology to drive me places either. We will be the obese people from Wall-E before we know it and that in itself scares me. I mean I already have heart problems and I'm roughly 120... I fear for my children low key.

Train! Idk why but there is something almost magical about riding a train. It's old and different. I guess I'm a sucker for the classics. Plus I love western times.

Good question... hmmm well I love horror movies and I love Back To The Future sequels so I would be interested to see Saw what 7? I dont know I just know I LOVED those movies. Then I would want a sequel to Back to the future. OH WAIT!! Wild Hogs!!! GIVE ME WILD HOGS 2!!

Hands down foxes to me. They are adorable and make such interesting sounds. They are fluff balls of pure greatness!

I would like to think so if sentient means what I think it means lol I'm not bright sometimes XD

No unless you mean robot part like arm or something then maybe then my joints wouldnt hurt so much. Or you know I'd just oil my joints and it be all good XD

i think there are quite a few that work together. I want to be cheesy and say love. Not always romantic love but having someone you can confide in and someone you trust love. Or family love where there is someone there who you feel comfortable with. Which leads to loyalty and trust. You need to trust someone too in order for the love to flourish and grow. As humans we love to feel wanted so when people listen and truly care it makes us have this feeling of being important. When people show interest it makes us happy. And when we are happy we like to spread the joy. To me it stems from trust and love.

As long as it's not too claustrophobic in the room I would like being close to things. Mainly so I can be close to whomever I'm with. Or if I'm alone i wont feel so lonely in a huge house.

it exists otherwise things wouldnt grow and if it were just an illusion then I would hate that. I wouldn't have been late ever and wouldnt have gotten in trouble. NOR would I have had stupid panic attacks for being late or something else like that.

Some new app that makes the younger generation go crazy for it while adults just dont see the appeal.

I got nothing I'm still waiting for flying cars and hover boards from Back To The Future.
Answers.
Probably but not completely for another 60 or so years. When driverless cars are made completely available to the public, they will still be very expensive and most people will only be able to afford them 10 or so years after they come out, when they can buy them as used at a lower price. It won't be until inexpensive driverless cars are available that most people will have them, which might be 100 years, but there will always be people without driverless cars just like there are still people who drive vintage cars, and people who use horse and carriages.

Car. Planes and trains scare me, and bus rides are far too long.

A sequel to the movie "Secretary" would be nice.

Well this is difficult but my favorite animal is the turtle.

Probably, and eventually it won't be good for us.

Yes. I have a fear of death and at least as a robot I could just get something replaced fairly easy and wouldn't age physically, and they'd probably be able to figure out how to keep the mind young.

Money.

Being close to things.

Time exists, the way we count it is an illusion.

Probably something that doesn't need to be a big thing.

Hologram programmer.

SeaWarriorRachel wrote:
If it does lord help us. I do not want to be a part of that trend. Too many risks and it makes me uncomfortable.
I dont want to rely on technology to drive me places either. We will be the obese people from Wall-E before we know it and that in itself scares me. I mean I already have heart problems and I'm roughly 120... I fear for my children low key.

Train! Idk why but there is something almost magical about riding a train. It's old and different. I guess I'm a sucker for the classics. Plus I love western times.

Good question... hmmm well I love horror movies and I love Back To The Future sequels so I would be interested to see Saw what 7? I dont know I just know I LOVED those movies. Then I would want a sequel to Back to the future. OH WAIT!! Wild Hogs!!! GIVE ME WILD HOGS 2!!

Hands down foxes to me. They are adorable and make such interesting sounds. They are fluff balls of pure greatness!

I would like to think so if sentient means what I think it means lol I'm not bright sometimes XD

No unless you mean robot part like arm or something then maybe then my joints wouldnt hurt so much. Or you know I'd just oil my joints and it be all good XD

i think there are quite a few that work together. I want to be cheesy and say love. Not always romantic love but having someone you can confide in and someone you trust love. Or family love where there is someone there who you feel comfortable with. Which leads to loyalty and trust. You need to trust someone too in order for the love to flourish and grow. As humans we love to feel wanted so when people listen and truly care it makes us have this feeling of being important. When people show interest it makes us happy. And when we are happy we like to spread the joy. To me it stems from trust and love.

As long as it's not too claustrophobic in the room I would like being close to things. Mainly so I can be close to whomever I'm with. Or if I'm alone i wont feel so lonely in a huge house.

it exists otherwise things wouldnt grow and if it were just an illusion then I would hate that. I wouldn't have been late ever and wouldnt have gotten in trouble. NOR would I have had stupid panic attacks for being late or something else like that.

Some new app that makes the younger generation go crazy for it while adults just dont see the appeal.

I got nothing I'm still waiting for flying cars and hover boards from Back To The Future.

:)

That was entertaining. Yeah, Wall-E freaked me out a little too. It's just so true.

Yep...another Back to the Future, I would watch that too. And hoverboards and flying cars -- yes, I think all us science fiction fans are confused by the lack of flying cars -- what's up with that? Lol. I grew up watching the Jetsons so yep, I expected it too. I guess the closest thing they have developed in the area of hovering and flying things is drones. :p

I agree with everything you said in your answer about human nature. Well put.

Mercyinreach wrote:
Answers.
Probably but not completely for another 60 or so years. When driverless cars are made completely available to the public, they will still be very expensive and most people will only be able to afford them 10 or so years after they come out, when they can buy them as used at a lower price. It won't be until inexpensive driverless cars are available that most people will have them, which might be 100 years, but there will always be people without driverless cars just like there are still people who drive vintage cars, and people who use horse and carriages.

Car. Planes and trains scare me, and bus rides are far too long.

A sequel to the movie "Secretary" would be nice.

Well this is difficult but my favorite animal is the turtle.

Probably, and eventually it won't be good for us.

Yes. I have a fear of death and at least as a robot I could just get something replaced fairly easy and wouldn't age physically, and they'd probably be able to figure out how to keep the mind young.

Money.

Being close to things.

Time exists, the way we count it is an illusion.

Probably something that doesn't need to be a big thing.

Hologram programmer.

I agree with your reasoning on the driverless cars thing. That's probably exactly how it'll happen, if they can, in fact, make it happen.

I like your movie sequel choice, I definitely want a sequel to that movie.

Money...yerp.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Oh look, it's a survey! :)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus