Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Ranger's Appentice (PM to join )

Celtic Amilia Corcor (played by Sweetyceltic) Topic Starter

Celtic walked into her room and put her small bag down on the bed looking around. Smileing a little she sat down on the bed and layed back.
Outcasts (played by Inkliest)

In his own room Gritch sat on his bed pondering just what to do with this new apprentice of his. He tried recalling how Halt trained Will, but to no avail. He decided he would try his best and work how he thought it might have gone. This girl was in for a treat. She had a little time left before her days as an Apprentice started.

Celtic just lay there just staring at the roof, trying to remember the last time she had been inside a house. It had been so long since her parents had been killed that all she knew now was being alone. after a bit her tummy began to growl a little. Getting up she took the few things she had out of her bag and put them away, laying her pan flute on the table beside her bed.

((that better? ))

When the time passed Gritch sat infront of the fire and waited for the girl to be ready. He had some plans to set in motion for her training. He was curious if she could really last. She would if she really wanted to be a ranger.

Celtic walked out of her room and yawned a bit. " so what are we going to have for dinner? im hungry" she said looking around a bit before walking over to where he sat.

Gritch raised a brow as he looked at the girl. "That depends on what you feel like making." Although it sounded like e was taking advantage of the apprentice, Gritch had a plan. There was actually only enough to really feed one and a child. His first lesso was now under way.

Celtic blinked a few times " uh.. and cant cook" she said glancing nervously at the fireplace. She was afrad of fire, and it made her a little uneasy.

Gritch raised a brow at the girl. "What have we, a lady who can't cook?" He was expecting her not to know how to make enough to fill them both, not to not know how to cook. Then he noticed her nervous glance towards the fire. "What's the problem?"

Celtic sighed " fire is the reson i have no home.. or family" she said " im afrad of it.. it nearly killed me and it makes me nearvous to be around it" she said

The ranger shook his head. "If you want to be a ranger then fire is a thing you will have to get over." He stood up from his chair and walked over next to the fire. "Come here," he said, beckoning the girl. "I want to show you something."

Celtic blinked and walked over to him " what is it?" she asked looking a bit confused, and curious. the young girl tryed to ignore her fear of the fire.

He bent down to the fire, took his right hand, and passed it quickly through the flames. He brought it back up and held it for Celtic to see. There was nothing wrong with it, not even one singed hair. "See this? Nothing has happened to my hand. Fire can destroy, this is true. However, it can only destroy what it is allowed to destroy." He put his hand down. "Your turn."

Celtic blinked " how did you do that?" she asked. looking kinda confused at him, the fire then back at him. she was to afrad of the fire to want to try it.

Gritch smiled. "I passed through quickly. I didn't let the fire burn me. Pass only through the fire, do not touch anything, and you will be okay." He nodded reasuringly to the girl. "You can do this." A small amount of tenderness came out of Gritch, but he didn't show any acknowledgement to it.

((What Gritch is doing is actually a possible thing. Its been done by many, including myself. When moving the hand fast enough through the higher parts of the flame, the fire has no chance to catch or harm you. Even the heat isn't too much to bear.))

( with my luck id still get burned ))

Celtic sighed and nodded a little as she looked at the fire for a moment and then takeing a dep breath, moved her hand trew the flames as he had just done. she relaxed a little after seeing she had not been hurt.

Gritch smiled. "See? You have control over things that can hurt you. As a ranger, you have even more control. With the bow skills you will learn, the only way an enemy should be able to get close to you is if you let them, or you don't fight hard enough." He looked at her then the fire. "And now you can make dinner." He chuckled as he went to sit down.

" i dont know what to cook though" Celtic said " iv lived off frute and bread mostly" she said sighing a little. " thats why im so small.. i never learned to cook"

Sighing, Gritch turned around to face her. "Goodness gracious, what do you know how to do? I have alot to do don't I?" He shook his head.

" well blame my mother for walking out on me..my father could careless i was even alive." Celtic said looking don't a bit embarrassed. " i and quick at learning things if i have people to teach me, but its hard to learn things on my own."

Gritch tilted his head. "I thought you said a fire killed your family."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Ranger's Appentice (PM to join )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus