Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Ranger's Appentice (PM to join )

Celtic Amilia Corcor (played by Sweetyceltic) Topic Starter

Celtic looked over the bow and how it was, after a moment she examined the bow for a moment she then proceeded to unstring it.
Outcasts (played by Inkliest)

"Good, you can take care of a bow. Why'd you just do that?" He knew the answer, of course, he was teaching again.

"keeps the string from getting damaged?" she asked looking at him

"The string isn't really the important part, the sinew will hold up. It's the wood we are worried about. If you keep it strung then the bow will lose its tension." He took the bow and put it back. "Wood doesn't just warp from water, the tension will make it stay bent in that direction. When this happens, it can't snap back with the same speed and force as it did before."

" oh, wow" Celtic said " never thought about that before" she said.

"There's probably alot you have thought about before, and that's why you're in training. Today we go on a special hunting trip." After speaking Gritch turned and walked out the door. "String the bow, grab the quiver with the arrows, and bring them," he called back at her.

Celtic restrung the bow and grabbed the arrows before she followed after him, brushing some of her long white hair out of her eyes.

"Have you ever killed anything before?" Asked the Ranger ahead of the girl. "I hope you have the stmache for it!" He laughed, they were going hunting.

" yes i have" Celtic said as she followed him.

((Sorry for the long absense, I've been fairly busy and sick.))

"Excellent! What was it?" Gritch did alot of hunting, he often had food to spare and gave or sold it to 'neighbors' around him. It was most often squirrel or rabbit, those appeared much more frequently and didn't take much waiting when they showed up by your house. Deer, however, was still a big thing for him. The antlers and hides were as useful as the meat.

" a Wolf" Celtic said.. "but it was mostly out of kindness.. his back was broken" she said. " it broke my heart to see the poor thing suffering"

(( its ok it happens ))

Gritch nodded, he liked wolves at it was the right thing to do, although he wouldn't say she was right. "Ever kill anything not out of kidness?"

" i killed a crow once.. damn thing kept pecking my head" she said.

Girtch shook his head. "You are one interesting apprentice." He stopped just before the dense forest. "Be very silent when we enter, we don't want to scare away any game. No tracking right now, just waiting. I'd like to test that skill of yours."

Celtic nodded " Alright" she said.

The ranger lead the way through the woods in silence. He wandered deeper and deeper past the moss covered trees. Eventually he stopped at a large tree and waited for the girl to catch up.

Celtic sighed looking around as she stopped by the tree.

Gritch looked at Celtic then up the tree. He nodded and began climbing. Once he got to a large and sturdy branch he placed himself on it and made himself comfortable. He then motioned for the girl to follow.

Celtic sized up the distance from the ground to the branch above her, and she leaped grasping the branch and pulled herself up. She moved to a branch and sat down, making sure she did not move the tree branches to much.

Gritch held out his hand towards Celtic as he motioned for the bow and an arrow. He could whisper, being this high up and being quiet, but he decided not to.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Ranger's Appentice (PM to join )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus