Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Ranger's Appentice (PM to join )

Celtic Amilia Corcor (played by Sweetyceltic) Topic Starter

" yeah my father and brother.. " she said " that was a few years after my mother walked out on us" she said " i never looked for her i figuerd she left she dident want me"
Outcasts (played by Inkliest)

Gritch nodded to the new information. "Then we have alot to do." He looked at the pot over the fire then to the girl. "Seeing you try to cook for the first time should be interesting. Good luck." He sat down after that, leaving her to figure out what to do. There was still only a little more food than one person's dinner's worth.

Celtic sighed a bit ~ what part of i cant cook dont he get~ she thought looking around trying to figure out what do do.

This girl better be cleaver enough to figure this out if she wants any chance of being a ranger, Gritch thought to himself. He had everything she needed, it was a simple test of injinuity. The pot over the fire was placed there so, if the girl figured it out, it could be filled with water. The food itself was some edible roots, plants, and meats. Even if she didn't know how to cook this part would be easy, everything was already cured. Now he waited for her to make a soup.

Celtic sighed and filled the pot with water, she knew that much.. then surching she found the veggys and stuff.. she walked back over to the pot and droped the stuff in the hot water.

(( XD i bearly know how to cook dont blame it all on Celtic.. im female and i despise cooking ))

Gritch cleared his throat at the girl, showing she did something wrong.

((Haha, I'm just playing Gritch this way because I find it a little interesting for him to be slightly sexist and have to train a female apprentice. I can't cook for my life!))

(( he reminds me of Halt ))

Celtic blinked looking at him confused "what did i do wrong?" she asked.

He raised a brow, "Did you just throw my cured meat into a bowl of water?" Then he got up and looked into the pot. "You might want to let the water boil too. Take it out, quickly!" He left her to do that as he walked over to the kitchen and got some salt

((Well thats where is gruffness is from, but I couldn't make one THAT serious))

Celtic blinked and took it out " Sorry" she said in a low tone as she looked down a bit.

(( i could never RP halt... though oddly there are people who can iv been in a RP with a guy on FB who RP's as halt, has a page from him and everything.. had quite a few conversations with him ))

"No worried, but do you know what to do to fix this wet food now?" Gritch was happy things were going well, he would actually be able to introduce her to her training very well today. For a Ranger training was not just shooting and knife play, it required thinking and other skills that surpass that of their enemy. Ranger's were the best of the best, they had to be able to think like it, this was all a test of how the girl thinks.

" im sorry i dont" Celtic said sighing keeping her head down. she felt imbarised, and a bit pathetic for not knowing what to do.

"It is still daylight out, and its still summer. If you let it, it can dry outside. I will let you go dry them out real quick now." It wasn't really expected of her to get everything right, it was expected to open her eyes though.

Celtic nodded and walked outside with it. She kept her head down as she sat it on a table with the cloth that it had been sitting on.

This lowering of the head was not unnoticed by Gritch, he waited for the girl to come back in to adress it.

Celtic sighed walking back inside, she did not look up at him. she glanced at the pot to see if the water had started boiling yet,

The water was not ready to boil, but Gritch had a trick to help it out. "Girl," he said, "come here. Why are you looking down?" It was more a bit of tough love he was showing.

Celtic sighed "becuse i feel like i'm worthless for not knowing what to do" she said.

Gritch raised a brow. "This is your first day, do you expect to learn everything? I don't expect you to know all of this, I expect you to learn it. There are many small things to know and learn that make a ranger a ranger. This is just an eye opener for you." He walked over to the fire with the pouch of salt in his hand. "Come here, see this water? It isn't boiling because it hasn't had enough time. When you are traveling soup is a great way to provide for yourself or a group of people. It lets you feed a group with less food. However, boiling water can take some time, so we add salt. This lowers the boiling temperature and shortens the wait time." He took the small pouch and dumped it in. "I prefer to cary small pouches with pre-measured amounts. That way I don't have to guess how much I need." Now it was instruction time.

Celtic looked at him then at the pot " that's very interesting" she said smiling a little

Gritch nodded. "There are alot of little things that can make a big difference, over time you will learn more and even figure out your own. Another example is my friend, whatever supplies he carries he makes sure can be used to defend himself. Even his bowl he used for eating is a hard wood that can stop a single sword stroke. It saved his life once!" He smiled, he liked these kind of small skills. "You might want to get the food from outside, we didn't really need it put out there, I just wanted to show you how to solve a problem like that."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Ranger's Appentice (PM to join )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus