Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

The Archer (played by MangoNekros)

He nodded and leaned back on his spot, closing his eyes once more. He questioned how old Yuna was, as she was acting like a mere child
Waiting for your post dazzling xD. Just a friendly reminder. <3
Actually, I think I made a Raven post last night. She’s buried a little by now but I can dig it up for you.

Yeah; it’s about halfway down page 10.
Evelyn (played by Roxy_FNAF)

Evelyn sighed and kept walking. She eventually stopped and sat on a hill. She decided to wait with her eyes shut. She was technically meditating but she considered it waiting. She hummed a lullaby and waited. She touched her snowflake and kept humming. She knew she might be found like this but she wanted to relax for a second.
Praying that Raven is up to common mischief and not actually in terrible danger, Lisa changes course, making her way to a hilltop just past a break in the timber. Tall tree canopies cut to a pale morning sky as she mounts the slope. She needs a few minutes to collect herself; she’s exhausted from walking and flying all morning, and her throat is sore from calling for her lost cat.

I hope Raven’s okay; I want to kill her myself when she gets back. Her head swarms with conflicting frustrations and fears like this up the the hill’s crest, but they take a back seat to the start of her sighting a complete stranger sitting on the top.

A girl- likely Lisa’s age or younger -with long, unnatural pink hair and pale skin rests with her back turned to the chimera. Lisa freezes and starts slowly backing away down the hill. Now’s not a good time to run into strangers.

Except for an initial startled gasp, she remains completely silent. The ability to sneak is almost natural to her kind, and she’s eager to use that to her advantage.

((Saying this now, Evelyn is an adult, not a child)) Evelyn sighs and stands up. She opens her eyes and turns around. She immediately notices the chimera behind her. "Um...." She was very confused as to her it seemed like the chimera was scared of her. "Hey." She waved slightly. She chuckled nervously and scratched the back of her head. She felt awkward as she probably shouldn't have turned around but she was stupid and did so.
She sits and eats as well. Her face practically lit up with delight as she ate the strawberry cake. "Oh sure! I mean I already have weapons but I feel like it would be unfair of me to just take one without asking them. So, maybe I can let them decide. Or even you." She sat up straight with perfect posture. Her ear twitched as she could sense someone or something near by. She stays calm not trying to alarm Neo or have whomever following them get suspicious. She grabs a pen and napkin. She writes Someone followed us. Dont be alarmed just be vigilant. she smiles. "Oh! Here is some places I would go if for some reason we get separated!" She says with a smile as she was writing the note. Although that was the furthest thing from the truth. "Sorry, I was just thinking ahead. So, the weapon of choice huh? Any tips? Advice?" She tilts her head elegantly as she rests her chin on her hands.
Thanks, I must have missed it.
The Spartan (played by MangoNekros)

He watched the house, if she came ut, The Warden and Spartan would attack. They were never fond of demons, as they murdered people in their village
Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily)

Once Charlotte got into her room she quickly started packing as she wanted to be ready to leave the once Yuna got back. She began gently folding the sleeping bags that they used to sleep on the floor since the bed was really an option. While she packed thoughts of worry and doubt filled her head on what was going to happen next once they leaved the town.

How long were they going to be on the run? What will she do if the Huntress discovers their shard? Will she kill the girls and leave or maybe she will show them mercy?

All these problems weighed heavily on Charlotte's heart and as much as she wanted to throw the piece of pottery into a lake and be done with it she just couldn't. Giving up would only help the Huntress and possibly put innocent people in danger.

Charlotte could feel her eyes swell up as her vision became bury and tears begun to stream down her face. Why am I crying? Charlotte thought.

She stopped packing for a bit to compose herself before doing anything else, now wasn't the time to get emotional. She grabbed a handkerchief from her bag to wipe her eyes and nose. Charlotte was almost done packing anyways so she better hurry up and finish the job.

As she zipped up two bags with all their belongings, Yuna had entered the room with a small bag of gold in her hand.

"Honey, I'm home!" Yuna said gleefully as she swung open the door.

"How much did he give us?" Charlotte asked.

"Not much, but this should be enough to buy some supplies." Yuna glanced over at Charlotte and paused for a moment. Her eyes were somewhat puffy which was a little concerning.

"Hey, are you alright?" Yuna raised an eyebrow while placing the gold on the bed dresser.

"I'm fine, why?" Charlotte said while averting her eyes.

"Oh, it's nothing." Yuna averted her eyes as well while a line appeared between her eyebrows, Charlotte was such a bad liar but she wasn't going to pry.

The conversation ended with an awkward pause, Yuna wasn't going to let this go but they had more important things to do like getting out this inn. Charlotte walked over to Yuna and handed her satchel that had the shard.

"Shall we be going then?" Charlotte inquired with a little grin her face.

"Yeah, let's get going." Yuna responded with a forced grin.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu happily listened as Raven answered her questions as she waited for the pheasant to cook. Yet when the cat mentioned magic, the child ended up giving a small tell by unconsciously stroking her the sheath her shard was hidden in for a brief moment with her free hand. "Magic is definitely a possibility, though have you been talking for as long as you remember? Just curious if you were born with it or if it just happened one day."

At the question about whether there were other talking animals, Raven did confirm that she had seen a few, but that they weren't common. "That's good enough for me, at least I know that they are out there." Afterwards she listened intently as the black cat explained while you couldn't tell an enchanted animal from a normal one from first impressions alone,there was a way to check if one seemed a little too smart. That way was to check their eyes to see if they contained a spark of intelligence, and she quickly looked at the cats to see an example. Yet it was what the cat said after that that provoked a strange reaction from Adriannu. "Eyes are the windows to the soul...that would explain why theirs were so cold and hard..." The child quietly muttered, but Raven was still certain to hear it. Shaking her head, she quickly answers back. "Thank you for the explanation Raven."

By this time, the pheasant had finished cooking and thus the child started to blow on it to cool it. Once cool enough to touch, the Cathera child offered a small strip of breast meat to the cat and was pleased when Raven swiped it before starting to eat herself. As she ate, the black feline mentioned that she could have the companionship she craved and that she could really use some for more then just the reasons she let on. At this, Adriannu paused from her meal to look at Raven with an expression of curiosity mixed with confusion. "Are you offering to be my companion raven, or do you know someone who might be willing to be? Also what do you mean by "more reasons then I let on?"
The Archer (played by MangoNekros)

The young man was still leaning on the wall, now with a bow in his hands. It looks very fantasy-like, with a dragon head encrusting the edges, and a couple of semi-rare jewels embedded it. Somehow, it was floating in his palm, and he didn't look like no magician
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Through most of the conversation, Raven observes Adriannu’s body language. She catches her fingers brushing a small, sheathed item on her person. She hears the quiet mutter. (Her own face briefly scrunches into an expression of concern. Who’s eyes? Cold eyes? What?)

Her worried look fades into into a pleased smile at the child’s bewilderment. Raven rises to her paws and arches her back in a languid stretch.

“Both,” she answers while strolling toward her. The cat purrs and butts her head against Adriannu’s thigh, flopping onto her side as she does so.

“I have a feeling you’re in trouble. Ah! Don’t answer; lemme guess. Magic clay bauble? Mysterious message? Spooky sorceress? Does any of that ring a bell?”
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Raven, you magnificent little.... X>
Evelyn wrote:
((Saying this now, Evelyn is an adult, not a child)) Evelyn sighs and stands up. She opens her eyes and turns around. She immediately notices the chimera behind her. "Um...." She was very confused as to her it seemed like the chimera was scared of her. "Hey." She waved slightly. She chuckled nervously and scratched the back of her head. She felt awkward as she probably shouldn't have turned around but she was stupid and did so.

((Sorry; wasn’t totally sure. Lisa’s played as being somewhere between 19 and 21, so ‘her age or younger’ felt like a safe bet.))

Lisa freezes, her entire body still except for her bright yellow eyes. They dart to the left, then to the right. Then they settle on the stranger and blink twice. Now that she faces her, and Liz sees that she too is at least slightly nervous, Evelyn becomes a lot less frightening.

The chimera had been crouched before. Now she rises to her full height, not meaning to intimidate the other woman but perhaps doing so anyways by way of being six feet tall.

Then she begins to speak. Her nerve-wracked tone of voice probably wipes away any notion that she might be dangerous. “I’m sorry- there’s not, uh...normally other people on this-this hill.” She snaps her fingers and points toward the edge of the woods in an odd gesture. “I don’t want any trouble, so...I’ll just go.”
Vee (played by Alien_Princess)

Dashing maniacally through the gate, the pair of Vynym only hear the beginning of the captain's message, or at least that's all that registers. In truth, their panicked states were incredibly unlikely to stop anywhere nearby for nearly any reason, and a map was inclusive of that.

The loud screeching noise stab into their ears loudly, and reaching up to cover them, Vee accidently drops the shard still in their hand, tossing it in their pained panic to blot out the sound of....whatever that thing was calling behind them. With taught vae wings unmoving, Vee turns about and looks for the shard, spying it nearby and quickly buzzing off a vae to grab the small thing. They didn't wait for the small critter, taking off with an only slowing Kae quickly and letting it catch up. After all, the tiny vae could fly much faster than a Vynym could run anyway.

It was at the other end of the walled in area the ground shook, and with it Kae stumbled and fell on their face. They scrambled to get back up but not before Vee, who was coming up behind them dropped to pick them up.

"Fast! Fast!" they shouted, nearly dragging Kae off into the distance. There would be no looking back, slowing down, or stopping. Not for a long time, and certainly not before the sounds of the devil creature who broke from their own forest and the ensuing combat had been completely squelched. That is, of course, unless they came across something they identified as worse.
100% I'm the slowest poster here haha
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

More than fine still. Worst case, you make everyone else be more reasonably paced once you start meeting other players. :3

((It's okay.)) "Well, it's fine. I was just resting here anyways. You don't have to go. I don't mind you staying." In truth, she was glad she was finally talking to someone. She had been staying alone in her home for years now. She touches her snowflake hairpiece to make sure it's still firmly there. "I'm glad we met though. I'm Evelyn by the way." She puts her hand out for a handshake.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"No problem!" Victi calls back 'cheerfully', her lips tensed in irritation to make her mouth run the entire length of her jaws. She sighs and reactivates the privacy spell before asking Drake, "Could I get back to scrying now?"

“Fine, fine.” Disoriented and irritated by the mana-lash, he fumbles to grab his shard’s chain and slip off his neck. Eyes shut, he thrusts it toward Victi. “Here.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus