Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Between him being both a librarian, who's entire business is loaning things out," Thalia begins, "and a dragon, who could likely take whatever he wanted by force if he actually felt like doing so, I don't think being paranoid about your dagger being taken by our.... host is exactly necessary. On the other hand, he doesn't get to look at anything the Inquisition recovers before we've documented it for not entirely unrelated reasons, so your caution is still justified, even if you can trust him to have good intentions."

"And, while I would love to take advantage of your offer to get the corpses for me, Cornelius," she says with a glare at the dragon, apparently recalling some past incident, "I get the feeling that it would be better for all of us if you just tried to get a look at them and write something more useful than just the record of death, it would be appreciated. As for the illusion... your opinions on the policy aside, the city has collectively agreed that the college, inquisition, guard, and administration are supposed to know if or when any potentially dangerous people who turn into shockingly tough venomous war beasts come into the city, and I don't think the guard would let in someone of a species they didn't recognize. While lack of local knowledge could explain it, she seems smart enough to fit in with the majority and look as common as possible, which choosing a white haired chimera of all things is the exact opposite of, and should have meant that she had no way of getting into the city openly without someone already knowing. She has some game we're missing part of. She has to."

"And in spite of skill, she seems either willing or unable to stop revealing her tails.... and it seems like the second one from what Adriannu said" the High Inquisitor mutters to herself, "The general reasons are obvious, but so far we can't..... You say she walked as though standing on her toes? Like with those shoes some horsemen wear? There were reports along the coast about a mysterious mount and rider or riders recently, someone riding some kind of construct. It's a leap, but at this point I don't feel like ruling out coincidences..... All of this can be discussed later."

She follows to the back room silently, almost broodingly, and takes a seat when offered, sharp features tight as she continues to think on the increasingly complex matter which had now befallen the continent.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

"It's nothing personal, but not only are these daggers magnificent, they properly fit my hands which is something I have gone without for two years now as my old ones didn't. As such, lending one out to a stranger is quite simply an intolerable risk to me." Adriannu said to further defend her decision to refuse Cornelius's request.

Once the dragon lead them to the conference hall, she promptly sat down at large table and earnestly waited for the promised food. As the librarian came back carrying the plates of food, her eyes lit up in anticipation and she quickly filled her plate once they were deposited on the table. Yet despite her hunger, she waited until someone else, preferably, Thalia or Cornelius's ate a bit first before digging in herself. Once again, this behavior wasn't intended as a personal slight against her hosts, but simply one born from her cautious nature. Poisoning someone was an easy way to deal with an enemy without having to take the risk of fighting them. Now while generally more violent methods were used on the streets, poison wasn't unheard off especially if you had knowledge about poisonous native plants. Of course it turned out that her caution had been unneeded much to her delight.

As she ate, it quickly became clear just how hungry she had been as she ate quite a bit more then one would typical expect from a age of her size. Yet this wasn't the result of simple gluttony as the child was obviously extremely fit, but simply the cost her species bore in exchange for their athletic prowess. Being able to jump three times one's own height and run at high speeds didn't come for free after all. Luckily unlike the felines they clearly take after, Catheras were omnivores and willing to eat a large variety of foodstuffs and also enjoyed hunting for food.
Liliath happily filled her plate with lots of things. She ofcourse grabbed several cookies which she ate first and then ate her other food. "This food is good Cornelius." Liliath gasped a bit tiredly "Where are we going to sleep tonight Thalia? Here in the libary or somewhere else. We should find a place where Victi won't find us easily, but also a place where Lisa if she escapes can find us easily."
Lisa's silent until Victi presses her for physical details about Raven, disregarding the implication that she should share more about her meeting with the magistrate.

When Raven drifts back into the picture, she lowers her gaze, stamping down the urge to say "you'll know her when you see her," because the sorceress won't and of course she can't expect her to take names before she assaults her targets. It's just that something about actually describing her friend seals the deal in a way she can't take back if something goes wrong.

But, if there's a chance she can make sure Raven stays safe...

"Y-you shouldn't have to t-t-torment her to get what you need. She's a cat, small, black fur, very fluffy. Big eyes and she's capable of speech."

She folds her arms across her chest and waits, putting a lot of effort into looking calm after Victi's last comment. The vixen has a way of phrasing and body language which implies (to Lisa probably more than anyone else) the "picking apart" could turn literal.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Sounds distinctive," Victi notes with a smirk, "A familiar? If so, I've got one, too. Kinda. I found this rodent thing that can act like a drill and bore through trees. He's more dangerous than he looks, but not enough to risk on adventures like this. That makes it easy one me, too. Thanks."

Victi would honestly have probably left the familiar alone, anyway, but didn't admit that. No point giving herself a less advantageous deal for no reason, after all. Revealing her own familiar was probably a mistake, too, she realized. It was unlikely that that information could be used against her, but keeping people you know don't like you guessing was usually the better idea.

"Okay," she continues cheerfully, a toothy smile spreading along her snout, "Let's find out what you know. Since specific questions might help, what are the... domains of the shards, for lack of a better word?"
Ren (played by The)

Naida relaxes as Drakie starts to explain himself, but then notices Ren's glare, which only grew with each word the chimera said. The fairy immediately starts her own glare, somewhat mimicking that of her friends, but much more exaggerated. If Ren doesn't trust him, Naida won't either.

When Drake stops talking, Ren stays still, waiting for further explanation. She soon enough realizes he isn't continuing, but continues her fierce stare anyway. If he needs time to come up with a convincing lie, let him have it.

Growing increasingly impatient with the awkward silence, Naida pulls her knife out and starts fidgeting with it. She picks up a piece of wood from the nearby stockpile for the fire and starts carving at it. Soon her glare falls away, but as soon as Drake continues speaking it will return.
Other (played by DazzlingDragon)

The barest hint of a growl touches the dragon's lips, something like frustration flashing across his face. The expression lasts only for a moment before he relaxes and answers Thalia with a chilled smile, brushing past the topic of goblins and the policy on reporting suspicious magical entities.

"The tails are an interesting point of discussion. It struck me as deliberate at first- showing off, dropping hints -but it is wholly possible she has difficulty cloaking them for a multitude of reasons. Some of my past research has shown that highly magical objects don't play well with external interference, making them hard to hide or tamper with. But anyways, yes, discussions for later."

Reclined on the floor with his head hovering near the table, Cornelius waits patiently while the children devour their meal while Thalia broods. He casts the High Inquisitor a bemused sideways glance as Liliath asks her where they'll get to sleep.

After waiting a minute to give her a chance to answer, he interjects, "Liliath, little lass, I never stop visitors from spending nights behind the Library's walls; I like to feel I've created the a safe haven not only for researchers, but for weary, down-on-their-luck travelers and those seeking reprieve from dangerous circumstances. I'm also confident that my Library is safe from Victi for the time being. On the other hand, while it is...possible...your friend would escape or be let go and come back for you two, I feel it's highly unlikely, and I'm sure you would both fare better in a place with actual beds."

But as far as I'm concerned, the choice ultimately belongs to you three," he finishes.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Thalia drags herself out of her train of thought to provide what she perceived as a better option than sleeping in the library. For a dragon or a wizard who could suspend a hammock in the air it was a fine place to rest, from what she had overheard from various students of the college in the past, but for herself after all of these events, a fairly ordinary girl, and someone used to the sometimes forgotten comforts of sleeping in nature....

"I would suggest that the two of you either return with me to the Inquisition's Hall and take temporary residence in the trainee barracks, there are no female trainees right now so you two could have your own rooms, or that we take you to the temple," Thalia interject dryly, "There are spots for children at the temple and, though the priests don't strictly like me, they would be willing to house the two of you. The food is mediocre in either case, in the Hall's to make sure my inquisitors are used to the conditions they'll be living in while going town to town and looking for the unholy, and in the temple's because of the demand from vagabonds and less wealthy merchants and orphans and such. The Temple will be more crowded, but the beds are more comfortable. Otherwise, depends on how much you want to deal with my people compared to acolytes who want to interest you in their particular god. I will be sleeping in my quarters in the Hall regardless, if only because I have debriefing reports to finish reviewing this evening anyway."

She leans back in her chair in a way which is neither particularly paramilitary nor ladylike as she waits for their responses, otherwise indifferent to the eating going on around her.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu listened as Liliath asked about accommodations which she silently acknowledged was a good question. In answer, Cornelius did offer to let them stay in the library, but also said that he was certain that they would be happier with a place with actual beds. While that may be the case for Liliath, she had already gone over a year without the use of a bed, so it was a nonissue for her. Regardless, she did listen to Thalia's suggestion of two places where they could stay and one of them immediately stood out as far more appealing then the other which made her choice an exceptionally easy one.

"I'd like to stay in the Inquisition's hall. Maybe I could get some good practice in with my new daggers while I am there since you mentioned it being the training barracks. Besides I would greatly prefer having my own room with a much reduced risk of possible theft and the temple doesn't sound like a good place for me anyway." She said as she helped herself to a second plate of food. Now while she hadn't elaborated, there were quite a few reason why the Cathera didn't want to go to the temple. For one, she would likely be treated as a child which she despised and the thought of being kept alongside other orphans was enough to bring back nasty memories of her stay in the orphanage. There was also the fact that her daggers would likely attract a lot more unwanted attention and the acolytes might even try to take them from her because of their strange look and possibly because they wouldn't be fond of the idea of a child with weapons.
"Wouldn't the temple be safer? Temples are holy places and maybe very good protected. If it's more crowded, Victi will have a harder time finding us. She maybe also won't attack us at all, if there are many more children there. The temple would be very fun for me cause there are other children so that I can play with them.

On the other hand, I don't wanna be mean to Adriannu if she prefers to sleep in the Inquisition's hall. Both are an option for me, but I prefer the temple."
Other (played by DazzlingDragon)

Cornelius nods along with the conversation, indifferent to where it goes but making an earnest effort pay attention and keep himself involved.

"Both the Inquisition Hall and the Temple are excellent options. You should be just as safe in either one- The Inquisition Hall sacrifices the Temple's possible advantage of 'hiding in plain sight' for being more heavily guarded, and provided my Lady allows it, it does house resources for miss Adriannu to hone her combat skills."

He pauses and cracks a smile. "Oh, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble, maybe someone could teach miss Liliath a little self defense." He winks specifically toward Adriannu- apparently figuring if the children can't play together, there's another way for the two of them to better connect.

While they talk further, he will watch until the eating slows, then the dragon looming above the women's heads morphs into a tall, well-groomed human who clears some of the empty serving dishes off the table, quietly chills the water pitcher with a touch of his hand, and wanders into the other room, leaving the others alone for a few minutes.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus