Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"But it's fun!" she exclaims, an enthusiastic sparkle in her eye, "And exciting! Not only is this a probably rare opportunity, but it's a guaranteed benefit to me no matter the outcome! Either I take down the holders and acquire the shards, or, if they're remotely interesting, I end up giving them a bit of a freak out when I attack them, they survive, and then they get to run away and I get to chase them again later! I'd need to get the shards eventually, but there's no point without a challenge! It's a bit of a predator thing. I'm sure you've drawn out fights against some opponents you could have just taken down though, right? It's a hard urge to resist!"

It's obvious just how excited she is based on how quickly she's speaking, and the slight sparks dancing across her fur with little fizzing sounds.
The Archer (played by MangoNekros)

Whoever it was, he wanted to investigate. So he went out of the inn to walk around. Maybe he'd see that cute girl again. who knows
Evelyn (played by Roxy_FNAF)

She stays silent. She deciding whether to tell Lilly about the real reason or lie. "Well, I live close enough and wanted to get out of my house." She lied in the end but she decided to ask her, "Do you know of any magical items?" She looked over at Lisa. She then reached into her bag for her cloak. She took it out but just held it in her hands.
Lisa stops and looks at the cloak, her suspicion growing; she even takes a step away from Evelyn's side, preparing to run.

"Ah...no. At least, not anything from nearby," she lies. The less a stranger knows about her problems, the better. She can't lie as well as some; her lips curl into a nervous smile and she can't bring herself to look near the other girl.

Evelyn sighs and puts the cloak away. "Well, that makes sense. Do you think Aliens exist?" Evelyn really didn't want to be alone with the sorceress after her. She also secretly hoped that Lisa had a shard as well. She really didn't want to be the only one with a shard. If Lisa didn't have a shard then, she was just putting her in danger. She touched her hairpiece instinctively.
“...What?”

Just treat it as small talk. That’s what it is. Odd question to ask a total stranger but it works as small talk, right?

Yet combined with the question about magical items, the girl’s prodding becomes much more suspect. Lisa’s heart thuds in her chest. This is a trap this is a trap this has to be a trap.

Lisa laughs nervously. “Aliens? I-I don’t know...maybe? Probably not?” She starts walking again, trying to look calm, but one clammy hand curls around her knife hilt.

"Dang." She awkwardly chuckled. "You probably think I'm weird. I just wanted to know something." She frowned. "Got any questions you wanna ask me? I've been the only one asking anything so I want you to be given a chance." She felt awkward and again touched her hairpiece. She knew that Lisa thought she was probably super suspicious but she wanted to know.
Vee (played by Alien_Princess)

Their pace slowed as the fatigue of fleeing slowly began reach a high enough rate to sneak up on the fear they felt after seeing the creature driving up behind them, followed by the sounds of the compound most likely being crushed in its wake. As they slowed, Kae once again tripped, collapsing face first into the ground breathing heavily, weary from the ling period of running.

Vee quickly turned around and slowly walked back to their friend, fallingonto their knees next to Kae's upper body. They reached out to Kae while they lay there, placing their hands on their back and caressing across it. Kae lay there reflecting on the excitment, and several moments passed as they took in the events.

"Not like the barelands," Kae said pitifully. Vee, in response, grabbed at Kae's body and pulled upwards to suggest they should sit up. Reluctantly they did, using Vee's help to hoist themselves onto their knees, and sitting back on their legs across from them in a similar manner.

"Came from forest...." Vee said confused.

"No," Kae responded pointedly, refusing to believe their home could spawn such a creature, "Was barelands magic," they said matter of factly. Vee couldn't argue, the perception of the area outside of the forest suggested such creatures could exist, and seeing it with their own eyes made it hard to believe it couldn't now be true. "What now?" Kae asked with a defeated tone.

Vee stared back as Kae timidly met their eyes. Vee wasn't really sure. The thought the shard didn't have a previous owner was concerning. Their hope was to return it to capable hands and go back to the forest with some fun and interesting stories to tell, confident that whatever warrior they gave this shard to would conquer the sorceress with great ease. That didn't seem to be what was going to happen anymore, and if Vee simply abandoned the shard and went home, which was what they desperately wanted to do now, it would be only a matter of time before this magic user arrived and wiped out the Vynym.

"University.....we find," Vee said softly, extending their arms to take Kae's hands in their own.

"How?" Kae argued with a sorrowful desperation in their tone, "Almost lost forest already. How find university? Where is??"

Vee stood up, dragging Kae upwards to their feet which they reluctantly followed. The truth was they had no idea. The university could be anywhere and they didn't even know the right direction to begin a search, much less what it would even look like when they arrived.

"We find," Vee said simply, trying to out on their most comforting tone. Simultaneously they drug Kae into a hug, reaching past them and burying their face into Kae's cheek looking for an earlobe to bite. Kae stood their letting it happen, reveling in the comfort Vee offered them. This was not at all the way they imagined their adventure going, and it had only just begun.

After releasing each other, Vee's vae slowly descended to them, dropping the shard they carried onto Vee's now open palm before finding the pod the little thing belonged to. Vee reached into their leafy body, storing the shard under the strap to the ancient dagger their mother had given them. Then they took Kae and drug them into a kind of side hug, arm around their back with the opposite one outstretched to take Kae's opposite hand.

"We go," Vee said simply, and started off in the nearest direction they faced, mind you, a direction opposite of the compound they had just fled.

It was hard to say what they might encounter on their travels, what they might run into even. Perhaps a couple of performing girls out for a walk, a child and a talking cat, or even this sorceress herself flirting with hiring employees who would thus destroy themselves at her whim? Whatever it might be, Vee decided right then they had to try and take care of Kae. At least help to mentally prepare them for what was ahead. They were only 30 or 40 years younger, but still, the giant blob attack had rattled poor Kae a lot more than it did Vee, and Vee had been quite frightened enough themselves.
"Well if they choose the person, you, wont they reject me? I mean Agni and Rudra would be fun for me but that's because I love talking and using two weapons if I can. However, electricity could help especially due to my shard." She crosses her legs. "This is tricky, but I will take whatever you wish to give me." She smiles.
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

Neo would summon the electric sword,mostly because it might be useful.The hilt looked like a dragon mouth,with wings at the side.The blade glowed with electricity cracking along the blade.Neo would hand it to you."Alstor is really helpful for....just about anything really."
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu started to gently pet Raven once the cat butted her head against her thigh before lying down on her side next to her. She paid special attention to the top of Raven's head, her cheeks, chin and the base of her tail, areas that she knew cats particularly seemed to enjoy having pet.

When Raven answered her two questions with an answer of both, Adriannu looked positively esatic and even purred a little herself. "I'd love to be able to spend a lot of time with you Raven as meeting you today has been the best day I've had in two years. Though I may I ask about this other potential companion? I'd love to learn whatever you're willing to tell me about..." She suddenly looked crestfallen as she thought about what she had learned today and decided that she didn't want to risk raven getting hurt by that crazy Sorceress especially considering what she knew about her. "Raven, I think it might be best if you and your friend don't spend time with me. It's dangerous and I don't want you to be hurt because of me."

However it was at that point that the black cat revealed that she knew exactly what danger she was referring to. Her eyes went wide with shock and it took a few moments before Adriannu could answer her. "How...how did you know that? Were you here earlier when I heard that message? Regardless you should understand why I think it's a bad idea for you to stick with me. I don't want my only friend to get hurt...I don't want to see anyone else I care about die."
The Spartan (played by MangoNekros)

The Spartan was getting tired of it. A demon and demon hunter talking to each other? Why haven't they killed each other yet? he thought as he threw his shield at the door
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"But it's fun!" she exclaims, an enthusiastic sparkle in her eye, "And exciting! Not only is this a probably rare opportunity, but it's a guaranteed benefit to me no matter the outcome! Either I take down the holders and acquire the shards, or, if they're remotely interesting, I end up giving them a bit of a freak out when I attack them, they survive, and then they get to run away and I get to chase them again later! I'd need to get the shards eventually, but there's no point without a challenge! It's a bit of a predator thing. I'm sure you've drawn out fights against some opponents you could have just taken down though, right? It's a hard urge to resist!"

It's obvious just how excited she is based on how quickly she's speaking, and the slight sparks dancing across her fur with little fizzing sounds.

With an exasperated sigh, Drake throws his hands up in defeat and backs away as her coat sparks with electricity. "Alright, alright. Let's go get this over with?" He turns toward the stabled Shriker, then turns back. "Oh, any chance you could return my shard for a short while, in case you need to me...too...you know what? Nevermind." Her answer's liable to be a big fat "no" combined with a colorful threat she's plenty capable of carrying out. It's not worth the trouble.
Evelyn wrote:
"Dang." She awkwardly chuckled. "You probably think I'm weird. I just wanted to know something." She frowned. "Got any questions you wanna ask me? I've been the only one asking anything so I want you to be given a chance." She felt awkward and again touched her hairpiece. She knew that Lisa thought she was probably super suspicious but she wanted to know.

"Uh..." Many questions come to mind, one after another. Each question is more probing and less subtle than the last. If I say anything my cover is going to be torn to shreds.

While an awkward silence stretches between them, Lisa studies Evelyn's behavior. This is the third or fourth time she's brushed her fingers over that white snowflake hairpiece. The chimera thinks of a perfectly innocent question to ask, "I...like your hairpiece; how'd you get it?"
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Sure, I'd rather not be following the spell while driving and sustaining it, so you get to navigate," she answers surprisingly, tossing it back to Drake. It seems to almost have a slight weight off in one direction now.

He didn't need to know that she had also given it back so that he'd be valid prey if he betrayed her and ran off later, at least not yet.

"Tell me which way it tugs as we go.... Oh, and I'm assuming you've ridden behind someone before, but I should still say that you'll need to hold on," she instructs with a sly grin as she takes her seat behind the handlebars of the sleek craft, parting her tails enough to offer the seat behind her to her coerced companion.

She quietly resented the realization that she was actually going to let him touch her, hold her around the waist, even, but at least she could zap him if his hands wandered, and it might win his loyalty more strongly? ....That was how that worked, right? Either way, it would be better than him falling off....

"Oh my..." She pauses for a second to get a grasp on her emotions. She clears her throat and continues. "My parents gave it to me when I was younger. Before they..." She pauses once more and tears up. She wipes her tears away. "Sorry. Just some bad memories." She smiles sadly. Whatever happened to her parents still holds a firm emotional anchor on her. "Got any more questions?" She chuckles awkwardly.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven's tone takes on a soft, gentle kindness as she purrs, "You're a sweet girl, but if the message you got is true, then I've been in danger all morning."

She yawns and rests her head on her forepaws. Despite the dark direction their conversation is going, she can't help but feel content as Adriannu strokes all the right spots. This girl knows how to treat a cat! "I never heard your message, but I saw a little round thing in the cave. Looked exactly like the one we got a few hours ago."

"It seems you and I've got some the same troubles. And if we're friends now..." she smiles, touched by the girl's selflessness, "...we should consider sharing the burden. Lighten each other's load and all that. What do you say?"
Evelyn didn't have to explain. Lisa knows when the girl's voice fades and tears well in her eyes. Oh, she knows. And she understands.

"I...I'm sorry, I didn't-" she lets her apology die; there's nothing she could say that'd bring Evelyn's parents back, so why bother? She casts her gaze to the ground. The hand that's been clasped to her knife releases the grip to clutch her side. She absentmindedly rubs old, hidden scars while trying to come up with a new question.

The silence stretches a little too long. Lisa takes a few steps forward as if to start walking again, then she stops a few feet ahead, takes a deep breath, and decides to take a leap of faith. "Those questions you asked me, about aliens? A-and magic? You aren't just out here for an early morning stroll, are you?" Holy- I really shouldn't have asked that.

Yet...maybe I'm paranoid, but what really are the chances of my meeting an artifact-and-alien obsessed...whatever she is on the same morning I receive a warning from above about a sorceress hunting for a magical item I apparently have?

"It's fine. Just still hurts." She stays silent after hearing her question but sighs. "No, I'm not out for just a stroll. I wish I was." She awkwardly chuckles and touches her hairpiece again. "What about you? It's pretty strange for me to see a chimera so close to my home forest." She looks over at Lisa and examines her face. She's looking for somewhat of a reaction out of her.
And a reaction she gets. Lisa draws a sharp breath through her nose and goes wide-eyed like she wasn’t prepared to have the question turned around on her.

She starts with a defensive edge in her voice. “I-I know it’s not normal for my kind to live in one place, but I wasn’t lying when I said I’m living out here.” She pauses. Chimerae are normally nomadic, after all. If Evelyn knows much about Lisa’s species, then meeting a lone Chimera that claims to “live out here” would come as a surprise.

Her voice softens. “...but if I’m going to be honest, I’m not out for a walk because I feel like it.” She chuckles. “It’s silly, really. I lost my cat.” It’s true, but Lisa words the statement in a way that makes her problem sound a lot less serious than it really is. As far as she wants Evelyn to be concerned, she’s not combing the woods for her reckless, loud-mouthed and insufferably clever familiar. No, she’s just looking for her lost pet.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus