Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Oh you're waiting on dazz jr then? Glad I mentioned something. I feel like they asked a few days ago which of us should post first and I said I was waiting for Avi.

Either way I know it's the holidays and such and there is no rush in getting posts out particularly this time of year, I just thought I'd reach out and see if we all were on the same page was all
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

I mean, Avi never rests, but that's beside the point. (giggles)

So yeah, that makes sense. I'll find out in a few hours once Dazz is free.
HELLO! MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS!

Yes, yes. The holiday rush is about over for me so other than work and art, I don't have any time-consuming commitments until school starts again. Whether or not I'll be posting more than once every two or three days is yet to be seen, but I'll try to get back into a good rhythm.
The

So yeah I’ve been waiting on Avi because I asked Vol and yeah... sleep-deprived me didn’t realize that I still hadn’t posted an original response to the whole being arrested thing. I’ll get on that tonight.
The

And FYI, you can message me instead of going through Dazz all the time...
FYI I didn't go through Dazz....

If you scroll up I posted here my question. I would guess Dazz informed you as a curteousy to you, but I can't be entirely sure about that. :)
Oh, she's talking about Avi messaging me to ask me to message her. Lisi's a tired bean right now and probably doesn't mean to sound passive aggressive. When we were talking about this, she sounded more amused/slightly flustered/confuzzled than anything.

And she's suspiciously excited about these developments all of the sudden; it's like a writing high. I dunno. People get weird when they're tired.
Okay....sorry if I came off as defensive THE, I just wanted you to be clear about how I had handled things in the misperception you were talking to me :)

Edit: thank you for so expertly clearing that up Dazz, you're a class act as always
The

Lol you’re fine Vol, I just don’t like having my sister as a middle man between me and Avi because she confuzzles me. Sorry, Dazz.
The

And why my name in all caps, VOL?

Avi will be Avi's own messenger pigeon now, yesh. @v@
The is such a casually used preposition I figured by capitalizing it you could better tell when I'm directing my words at you rather than just saying the word the.

@Avi RIP Lucas....just what did the inquisitor shoot at the poor dog and just how powerful is it? I'm presuming it's some holy anti undead thing but can't be sure.

Yeah, essentially a positive/radiant/divine-energy-type bolt. Bad for undead, demons, summoned shadow monster thingies, and other stuff like that.

How powerful is... kinda hard to define? I'll break it into two chunks.

In terms of tangible effets, I'd say consider it to now have the effect it would on the living verion of the creature in terms of how big a deal the injury is + some burning from the inside. Even if he could normally shrug off a shot to the face, now it's like a living dog got crossbowed in the face. and is burning from the inside.

In terms of magical oomph, a concerted effort on Isabella/the tome's part to preserve him could probably protect him, since they've got some heavy magic going on.
So out of curiosity how far back are Drake and Victi? I had figured they were quite some distance but Drake's last post seemed to suggest that they were far closer than I had anticipated if Isabella was able to run close enough to him for him to be able to talk to her without the Inquisitor trying to put a bolt through the back of her head.
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
So out of curiosity how far back are Drake and Victi? I had figured they were quite some distance but Drake's last post seemed to suggest that they were far closer than I had anticipated if Isabella was able to run close enough to him for him to be able to talk to her without the Inquisitor trying to put a bolt through the back of her head.

They're up near the wall of the city, right by the gate so...some several meters away until Drake comes out to snark. He'll be closer than Victi. Victi was peering around it watching the confrontation. I'll double check her post and make fixes if need be.

EDIT: Yeah, I think that's about right. Then again, maybe I could rewrite it to have some middle-ground where he's shouting but doesn't quite reach her, if that sounds more fitting.

Also possible that they started moving up, too.

Anyway, I've gotta get to work, so I'll let the tension build for a while. See you! ^v^
Honestly I think it's more of a misinterpretation on my part....I didn't realize they were next to the city, somehow I thought they were further out, perhaps near like a treeline away from the city watching the scene play out (say like, where Isabella, Nadia, and Ren came in). Thinking back this is actually the second gate Drake and Victi have approached though, so I'm pretty sure I simply was forgetting that first gate visit and thinking they were waiting in the background away from the city still.

Also np Avi. We could probably escalate things a little if you two want to or we can wait until Avi returns. I'll be going to sleep in not too long and have what's probably going to be a busy day tomorrow with family and friend visits. I should be free later in the day but earlier on I might not have a lot of posting time.

Yep! ^v^ They were re-directed from the next gate over, and were coming along next to the wall.

And now Victi interfered. uh-oh. :3
The

Quick question- what would be the effect of just cutting your hand with the shard?

Depends how deep and on which shard is being used. If you can remind me of which one you have, I can DM you about roughly how the power scales depending on how much blood it gets coated in.

Also, a general reminder to everyone: Victi currently look like a not-a-fox. Specifically like a member of the same species as Drake or Lisa, but white furred which... I think exists? Dazz? Confirm/deny?

Anyway, it should not be immediately obvious who she is, though the obnoxious magic could give it away if she gets excited. Or her tails could show through, but I'll roll for that. : P

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus