Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

At the orphanage

"Mister Alastor, I believe you are, in fact, in possession of a recording of mine," the magistrate says, his voice carrying the calm of an experienced mediator, "The image disk you acquired with the artifat? And yes, I believe I have identified the mechanism by which the room has preserved itself, though that is not the reason for my visit. Both are matters I suspect are best discussed in private, however."

He smirks slightly at Urug's question, and replies just as quietly, "Oh, she is very capable of speech, and most assuredly of talking back."
Yes happy holidays to everyone!

Just a note, I'm currently waiting in the guards post at the gate to proceed (and I think Dazz jr is too). This is not an attempt to rush or poke or anything thou! I'm just tossing this out here in case it has been overlooked. :) take all the time you need I am just trying to remind you in case.
She listens to everyone's exchanges before hearing Urug. "A pleasure to meet you! Ive heard all good things." With his arms open wide She smiles and hugs him. She took it that way anyway. Her chest pressing up against him. "I'm Jules by the way. Pretty lady is alright too." She jokes with a small chuckle.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Okay, maybe. She hadn't posted yet is why I hadn't, and she hadn't said anything to me. I've been semi keeping track of Dazz for the past (very busy) bit, as in chatting with her sometimes, so I was also assuming it was just busy times.

If she's said things to you that suggest otherwise, that would be good to know.

Or I guess I could just bug Dazz to ask her later. 0 v0 yeah, that might work better...
Oh you're waiting on dazz jr then? Glad I mentioned something. I feel like they asked a few days ago which of us should post first and I said I was waiting for Avi.

Either way I know it's the holidays and such and there is no rush in getting posts out particularly this time of year, I just thought I'd reach out and see if we all were on the same page was all
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

I mean, Avi never rests, but that's beside the point. (giggles)

So yeah, that makes sense. I'll find out in a few hours once Dazz is free.
HELLO! MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS!

Yes, yes. The holiday rush is about over for me so other than work and art, I don't have any time-consuming commitments until school starts again. Whether or not I'll be posting more than once every two or three days is yet to be seen, but I'll try to get back into a good rhythm.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
As Victi and Drake walk up to the gate, one of the guards on duty gives them a quick look up and down and says, "Sorry, you won't get in this way. Not until a wizard gets a look at you."

Victi blinks a couple times, shoked at this person's bolness. She decides to play along, though, putting her hands on the illusions over her hips and raising one eyebrow bemusedly.

"Well then, where is a wizard who could check us over," she asks snarkily, "nearby, I hope, I'm not in the mood to wait."

Surprisingly, the guard is somewhat helpful as he says, "Some big deal with the people over at the eastern gate happened, so he's there. You want in quick , you may as well walk over there for it."

Victi seems grumpy about this, her ears flattiening slightly as he explains the issue. Once he's done, she shrugs, muttler something like 'alright', and start walking int the indicated direction.

Hey, maybe this would be where something interesting was in progress, she wouldn't mind having some more fun after that caravan...

Drake's ears flatten and he crosses his arms, just as frustrated as Victi about being stopped at the gate, but not inclined to do much more than grind his teeth a little as he follows her toward the eastern gate.

His ears twitch when they draw near enough to hear the commotion Isabella stirring. There's an angry child up there. Great"Hey, are you sure we don't want to wait for the wizard?"

He listens a little longer, paying more attention to whatever's going on over there than Victi's answer. A sinking feeling settles in his gut as they approach the gate. Something's gone, or about to go, horribly wrong. And it has absolutely nothing to do with them but he's sure they're going to get caught up in it.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven sprints through the thrown-open door just in time to watch Alastor crash into a big guy, a very big guy. An orc, she thinks. The cat idles in the doorway long enough to watch their exchange, a Cheshire grin inching across her face.

To Urug, she huffs. "Me? Talk back? I never talk back!" She approaches lazily, as if she'll allow him to pet or hold her, but then ducks beneath his legs to pounce at Kylarion's tails; she'll get one of those long Kistune puffs from either him or the sorceress lady, even if it kills her.

After a satisfying pounce, deemed satisfying even if she can't catch a single luxurious red tail, she starts to purr. "I'm glad to see a familiar face." She says this a little flatly, as if trying to pass it off as sarcasm, while she sits back and grooms her own face.
The

So yeah I’ve been waiting on Avi because I asked Vol and yeah... sleep-deprived me didn’t realize that I still hadn’t posted an original response to the whole being arrested thing. I’ll get on that tonight.
The

And FYI, you can message me instead of going through Dazz all the time...
FYI I didn't go through Dazz....

If you scroll up I posted here my question. I would guess Dazz informed you as a curteousy to you, but I can't be entirely sure about that. :)
Ren (played by The)

Misc other wrote:
At the gate

Geoff's had put on a pair of glasses just before the inquisitor had arrived, spectacles which helped make magic semi-visible to normal vision. Looking in the general direction of Isabella's book, he had assumed from what she had said about her parents that it was a) a hereditary relic and b) the reason for their coming to the grand library. He had been just about to tell the inquisitor that when the fairy and then the girl pulled out.... very quiet artifacts, but obviously blood magic when shown so plainly. His eyes widened and he stumbled back, with a quiet, "woah, okay, that's not good," visibly unnerved.

The inquisitor who had arrived raised an eyebrow and smiled slightly. He couldn't sense the magic on them, that was not his skill particularly, but he knew what they were. The High Inquisitor's carriage had arrived earlier in the day with a (very, very) strange girl carrying a similar object. He and his brethren had been informed of what it was, and now what should come before him but another pair of these objects. More blood mages.

"You will give me those pottery fragments, the amulet, and the spellbook at once before submitting yourselves to holy sanctions of arrest," the inquisitor declares, withdrawing a holy symbol from one of the pouches on his belt, "You will then be transported to detention at the Hall of the Inquisition. Any resistance will be met with magical binding or lethal force, as you both now stand accused of blood magic and consorting with evil. You will be tried fairly by divination and truth-seeking enchantments, overseen by a justice approved by the church, and also overseen by High Inquisitor Thalia once she has returned from her current errands. Do you understand?"

The guards nearby began to move to surround them, polearms readied. Geoff, for his part, seems sad and a little worried for them, but says, "Hey, if you just found those things and aren't crazy blood mages, this will all be over quickly enough, in the good way, and you'll already be pretty much at the library. I'll vouch for you, too. Just go along with it for now and it should all be cool. We've just gotta be careful with blood magic here, it isn't just a 'misunderstood' magic like necromancy, and we had a nasty cult here in Telmarune a couple times before. Huge mess with those guys."

Why was Naida so stupid? That question came across Ren’s mind many times during their journey together, but never as strongly as now, when the innocent fairy somehow managed to get them all into trouble.

But instead of hovering on this topic, Ren reacted to the more pressing matter: “Arrested? No.” She started shaking her head frantically, stepping back, memories of her past rushing back to her. Suddenly, she grew still, resolve hardening in her. She would not go through this again; she would not give up her amulet. She ripped it off her neck, holding it tight in one hand, ready to use whatever magic she could. If the guards wanted a fight, they would get one. She looked to the child, growing hopeful that the child was more powerful than she looked.
Oh, she's talking about Avi messaging me to ask me to message her. Lisi's a tired bean right now and probably doesn't mean to sound passive aggressive. When we were talking about this, she sounded more amused/slightly flustered/confuzzled than anything.

And she's suspiciously excited about these developments all of the sudden; it's like a writing high. I dunno. People get weird when they're tired.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

At the gate

The inquisitor's response the growling zombie-dog is quite succinct: his crossbow comes around with impressive allacrity and, with a sharp clack, sends a glowing bolt streaking across the few feet toward the animal's forehead. Following the shot, the crossbow re-readies itself, a spring mechanism cranking the cord back once again.

"You all seem shockingly ignorant of the nature of law, order and authority," he declares with all the pomp and bombast of anyone who would say so after shooting a child's pet in the face, "and are so charged with interfering in the holy mission of the Inquisition by witholding dangerous blood-magic artifacts. Come peacefully before I need to waste another bolt on you evil-serving scum!"

Geoff has a look of desperation on his face, feeling powerless, before declaring, "The University of Telmarune College of Wizardry, College of Historical Knowledge, and College of Natural Philosophy lay claim to the artifacts to gain further understanding of the nature of magic, the history of magic and the world's peoples, and the understanding of ancient potting techniques! I will be taking these artifacts and their finders in for interviewing and study! You, uh, I will have to kinda detain all of you first, though, sorry about that."
Naida (played by The)

Isabella Cross wrote:
Isabella retracted her hand as the strange man seemed to start lecturing her, instructing her to hand over the artifacts and submit to arrest.

While the innate fear of being detained was strong, there was one thing that was stronger. Beating wildly into her subconscious was a panic at losing the Maleficis Mihi, and immediately she started stepping backwards.

Lucas stepped in front of her, immediately barking and growling at the man defiantly, clearly prepared to defend the group without fear.

"You can't have my book!" Isabella shouted wildly, "It's mine not yours and you can't have it!" she shouted, still stepping back and looking about at the now approaching army. The logic in her mind which told her attempting to keep the book would get her killed was easily drowned by the emotional demand to keep hold of it.

She would continue stepping backward slowly, her dog standing now intentionally between her and this wizard demanding she submit to him barking and growling wildly at him.

“Friend?” Naida asked in concern at Isabella’s fear. The whole being arrested thing didn’t bother her; so long as she could stay with Ren she was happy. However, these men scared her newly found friend. That she couldn’t stand for. She backed up with Isabella, pulling out her small (and mostly useless) knife. Though not entirely sure how to use the blood magic, she held the shard tightly in the other hand as a last resort. In the back of her mind, Naida also planned to protect Geoff, though he really wasn’t in danger, nor could she do much if he was. She at least wanted to say good bye and thank you for the seat.
Okay....sorry if I came off as defensive THE, I just wanted you to be clear about how I had handled things in the misperception you were talking to me :)

Edit: thank you for so expertly clearing that up Dazz, you're a class act as always
The

Lol you’re fine Vol, I just don’t like having my sister as a middle man between me and Avi because she confuzzles me. Sorry, Dazz.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi's ears also pick up the sound of tension... and the sound of a crossbow going off. She eagerly scuries up to the corner of the wall, staring around it at the brewing confrontation.

Once the guy in the robe with magical pigment empowering says his thing, she glances at Drake and asks, "Hey, so, I get that the guy in green is probably a wizard, but who's the obnoxious windbag with the crossbow?"

At this distance, Victi can't make out the shards or their faint magic, though the other bits of the standoff are clear enough. She was curious to see what would happen once she got involved, but she wanted to know what self-rightous boy's deal was first.
The

And why my name in all caps, VOL?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus