Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Concerned about asking for art commissions

BryceMyers513

I love art, and I love seeing artistic renditions of my characters and such. Unfortunately, I'm not all that talented myself, so I'd like to commission some people from some good art (and of course I would pay, It's a rule that I don't ask people for free art.) I wanted to take to the Art & Creativity forum to ask for anyone willing to do commissions, but I'm just a little bit concerned.

Mainly I just want to make sure that that's allowed, and if that doesn't come off as rude? Again, I would be offering money, but I'm just a little concerned. Thanks for any advice you guys have :)
RimCaster

BryceMyers513 wrote:
I love art, and I love seeing artistic renditions of my characters and such. Unfortunately, I'm not all that talented myself, so I'd like to commission some people from some good art (and of course I would pay, It's a rule that I don't ask people for free art.) I wanted to take to the Art & Creativity forum to ask for anyone willing to do commissions, but I'm just a little bit concerned.

Mainly I just want to make sure that that's allowed, and if that doesn't come off as rude? Again, I would be offering money, but I'm just a little concerned. Thanks for any advice you guys have :)

Hmm there's nothing bad about it, I have seen some people requesting the art, so you're free to go.
BryceMyers513 Topic Starter

Thank you, Rimcaster, for clearing it up a bit. I appreciate it!
A number of artists actually have threads in there with their commission info! It's probably better to shop through them, but if you're feeling overwhelmed or something, you can go ahead and post an explanation of what you want, including style, if it's colored, if it's a bust, partial body, whole body, etc, and what your budget is.

You are on: Forums » Help » Concerned about asking for art commissions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus