Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Small Help with Big Family~~

Celeste and Amateras (played anonymously)

So I have came across problem when creating my characters backstory, particularly I know that they are supposed to be overseers or guardians of certain places but that makes it hard to explore their backstories.
Mipps

I think this issue is dependent on what they are guardians or overseers of. For instance, if your character is a guardian of say.... an artifact that has trapped an ancient monster/evil overlord villain .. then perhaps they are decedents of the ancient Paladin family that originally trapped it. Then they can have an intricate backstory of how they were mentored by their mother or father to do what they do..

Alternatively, if they are non human, like a spirit, a beast or something of the like.. then perhaps they were selected by an ancient council. or lost the lottery to do it.
RimCaster

Mipps wrote:
I think this issue is dependent on what they are guardians or overseers of. For instance, if your character is a guardian of say.... an artifact that has trapped an ancient monster/evil overlord villain .. then perhaps they are decedents of the ancient Paladin family that originally trapped it. Then they can have an intricate backstory of how they were mentored by their mother or father to do what they do..

Alternatively, if they are non human, like a spirit, a beast or something of the like.. then perhaps they were selected by an ancient council. or lost the lottery to do it.

That gives me some idea I could work around and could well help if what they do is patrolling/trying to prevent from big bad to ressurect. That could enchance the themes I planned explore for them, which would be their ideals, relationship each sibling has,their attidute towards duty, the illusion of perfect family which is fragmented and well their relationship with parents.
Mipps

I am glad I can help.

If you want to add more depth try adding family hierarchy for such tasks. like.. the oldest son is the primary keeper (leader) and maybe one of the middle children feels they would be better suited. perhaps another dosnt want to be involved in it at all but they dont have a choice. That might help build depth and individualize them.

If it were me, I would go as far to say maybe a wayword uncle works against them, with strange beliefs thinking they should allow the Resurrection or something - like they are corrupted by the artifact. that can help build tensions in the family. like some want to save him, some wish to banish, some wish to kill, and maybe a few agree with him.

I think with that, the rest would just fall into place naturally
RimCaster

Mipps wrote:
I am glad I can help.

If you want to add more depth try adding family hierarchy for such tasks. like.. the oldest son is the primary keeper (leader) and maybe one of the middle children feels they would be better suited. perhaps another dosnt want to be involved in it at all but they dont have a choice. That might help build depth and individualize them.

If it were me, I would go as far to say maybe a wayword uncle works against them, with strange beliefs thinking they should allow the Resurrection or something - like they are corrupted by the artifact. that can help build tensions in the family. like some want to save him, some wish to banish, some wish to kill, and maybe a few agree with him.

I think with that, the rest would just fall into place naturally

I figured that I would give them antagonist group which would make things harder for them. Like I said they all are family(although not all are biological children, which would be major plot point)

So that lives their distant family based on Chinese zodiac, which wouldn't be engaged in the conflict, since they have their own temple which they can't leave.

Anyways you helped me much with that. I struggled with their history for months, since I hadn't person I could talk with.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Small Help with Big Family~~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus