Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Gears and Gadgets (1x1)

Calic (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Calic listened and nodded. "It's fine, I understand." He smiled at Clock, an idea forming in his head. But he wouldn't say anything, it would be a surprise. He stood by Clock on the deck, looking out and admiring the sky. It was so beautiful to him. He loved it, and he adored being out, being free.

"We'll find what you need, don't worry!"
Clockwork Sky (played by Minkja)

Clockwork smiled to itself, and looked toward the front of the ship and the direction they were headed. The first signs of tall buildings could be seen through the clouds as they neared their destination.

"Looks like we're almost there," Clock said, a hint of excitement in the slightly garbled mechanical voice. "Do you think there will be any others..like me?"

Calic smiled back at Clock. "Yes, we're almost there." He was excited, and just enjoying the presence of his new friend. He kept his eye on the horizon, watching the buildings become more viewable. When Clock asked that question, he debated it. "I...honestly don't know. I've never met anyone like you. But I hope there will be. That would be great, for you to have friends like you." He smiled comfortingly, and Chirp made a little noise.

"I do wonder what wonders await in this city.." As an artificial intelligence, Sky thought it was amazing it could even have feelings. It was surprised as it got artificial butterflies in the gears and springs and whatnot in its stomach.

Its eyes shone with excitement as the airship came into dock at the high-up port. Reattaching the large package to its back, the clockwork robot grabbed onto Calic's hand and pulled him excitedly down the ramp leading to the platform.

Calic wasn't sure what they would encounter. But he was just as excited. Laughing as he was pulled down the ramp, he quickly followed the nonhuman being. Chirp was latched around his wrist for safety, looking an awful lot like a watch with an eyeball. "Okay, okay!" Calic said, laughing. "Where do we go first?" He'd be more than happy to take Clocky wherever it wanted to go.

(blargh Sorry! *is a fail*)

Clock let out little garbled giggles as it pulled the man onto the elevator that headed down into the city. "I do not know, but I feel excited!" The elevator moved quickly, and soon the youthful machine was pulling Calic along as it ran up to every single interesting shop window display it saw. One shop in particular caught Clock's eye, and it wasted no time in dragging the poor man in behind it.

The shop contained books and scrolls. Shelves of them. Piles of them. There were book towers that were so high it didn't even seem possible for them to remain balanced. "Think this would be a good place to look for instructions?" the doll asked, turning it's hopeful gaze on the mechanic.

(heh. Say 'let out little garbled giggles' ten times fast..)

Calic didn't mind being dragged along. It was honestly just as much fun watching little ol' Clocky hustle about so excited-like. "Well let's find out!" He grinned and would follow the creature along, chuckling often. The doll was just like a little child. Once they reached the shop with books and scrolls, he looked it over from the window and then nodded. "Definitely. I think this will work perfect." He entered the shop with Clocky.

"Now, don't touch anything, 'kay? Let's see who runs this place first, maybe this stuff is organized. Sorta."

The machine had been on the verge of toppling a stack of books when Calic had said not to touch anything. Clockwork abruptly pulled its hand back, and would've blushed if it had had the blood to do so with.

"Ah- yes, of course.." It looked shyly up at the man, then curiously around the interior of the store. Again grabbing hold of the mechanic, Clock carefully made its way around shelves and precarious stacks until it spotted a cashier desk near the back. It seemed to be vacant at the moment, however, a fact that made the youthful AI look back up at it's partner with, as much as the facial structure would allow, a rather put-out expression.

((*fails*))

Calic smiled in relief. He'd managed to keep from disaster. He was grabbed, but he didn't mind. He walked along carefully through the library, at last reaching the cashier desk. The expression Clocky gave Calic made him laugh outright, but he simply patted the machine's head and then knocked on the desk.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Gears and Gadgets (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus