Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A New Home (Open)

Janella put her weapon up yet again, though she was ready to spring away if Aun turned out to be less than predictable. Or if Dorian decided he might take out a potential enemy. "It is lucky," she insisted, her voice conversational. "You have access to power now," she thought he was crazy for not immediately exploiting it, and it was obvious. "To each their own," she shrugged. She was starting to relax since no one was attacking her and the conversation was staying pleasant enough. "Wonder what else is in these woods," her gaze darted about.

The elf had not known many reasons aside from war that children her age ended up running off, wondering at other reasons for a child to be a runaway. When she stated where she came from, Janella took on a more contemplative look. "Have not heard of it," she stated. She had a skeptical twist to her mouth when Isabella claimed she could take care of herself, but she looked at the dog and book and didn't bother with challenging the claim. "You do seem much more capable than any others that look your age," she conceded.

She looked off to the left suddenly, thinking she heard something. Her facial expression was one of concentration, slowly her eyes took on the red glow of infravision. If there was a living form out there, she'd spot it. "There is something out there," the mixed elf was alert, eyes scanning the trees. She picked out the form of Naga, hiding herself. "There's only room for one lurker here! What're you about?" calling out toward Naga. Her shape made her seem like a humanoid creature, so Janella had her suspicions.
Naga (played by Serpentina_Winter)

she sighs as she knew she had been caught and she comes out of her hiding place, her hands were up. "since when was i lurking, i was just exploring this place and saw you all and got scared" the smile on her face said she was not at all afraid and she was quickly willing to prove it. but for now she hid everything to do with her dragon self. she comes towards the group and bows."i am Naga, the sorceress" the word seemed odd off of her tongue, as though she had lied about that too"i explore around here often, and i have never once seen any of you speci... i mean people around here, have you all moved in recently" she smiles and a glimpse of one of her horns could be seen for a split second as she was not focusing hard enough to truly hide it. She looks at the half elf and she recognizes that that one might be the most interesting of the group, maybe a bit evil like herself"what might your names be?"
Nelly (played by Pen_Tsunami)

Nelly could hear talking, Like any 5 year old she got interested in what the commotion was about. She quietly left the safety of her poorly maintained cabin not too far from the group. The cabin ( or shack) was well hidden due to the neglect it suffered over time. It had moss and even a great growing out of it so of course, it was hard to spot from a distance.

She quietly maneuvered her way to hide behind a great oak, way bigger than her so she could feel a little bit at ease watching the crowd. Nelly made sure to perk up her ears so she can listen better and made sure that her horns were well away from the oak bark, so it didn't make a sound. She wasn't used to seeing strange creatures, but so far all the strange creatures who saw her were not always so friendly. Tho she was fully aware, it was probably because of her appearance. Monsters are after all beasts, and since she was half monster meant she was as well a beast.

Nelly held her breath, her stomach churned after she saw the weapons, only giving her another reason to stay put behind the tree. After she saw the girl and the strange wolf, she wondered what the strange item the little girl was holding. Nelly tilted her head, she couldn't intake what the strange people were saying, after all, her vocabulary is very small and she only knows a few words herself. She squeezed her bear in her arms wondering what she should do, sit there and wait until the scary big strange creatures go away or risk the noise she would make and bolt.

Before she could make up her mind tho her grip on her teddy loosened due to her lack of paying attention to it as it slips down the small hill where the oak she was hiding behind was. An arrow shot of panic passed through Nelly since she held the teddybear dear to her and now it's possible it's in the eyesight of the strange creatures. Nelly was scared to move and she knew the strange creatures would question how the teddybear got it, what's even worse is that the position the Bea was in, she would be in plain sight.

she hears a little chatter from her dragon heads and looks at the hill. she got confused as she saw the teddybear so she decided to walk to the hill to see what was going on over there. she picked it up and looked around."whose little bear is this" she asked out of curiousness, mainly trying to figure out what creature would be brave enough to get close to the group. Her dragon heads point her towards the oak and she begins walking towards it. She began to smile due to her wondering if it will become a new test subject, but for now she removed that from her mind as she saw the little girl."hello there, i am Naga, are you from around here" she was mainly asking due to her story being told to residences of the neighborhoods nearby her home. she knew it might be dangerous if the little girl did know her story, but she did not ask that directly. A warlock experimenting on anyone she finds would most likely not go well with the rest of the group. her horns, dragon heads, tail, and claws were all still covered up so it was not obvious she was a dragoness.

She stared at you with an expression almost like a lost puppy. Once you got closer you could see the bandages that were probably hastily put on her legs, and arms. Her face had cut's on them most likely from sharp branches of thorn bushes around the forest. Her shirt and pants were torn but stitched together sloppily. Her gaze went from you to the group, with a thought running across her mind.

Mand these strange creatures are nice, and maybe they are not. Either way, she was considering to run, but so far they didn't scream or throw anything at her. She decided to take her chance and scooches away from the tree to get down the rocky hill. She would do anything for her bear, after all, it is her only companion in the forest that served as her shield from angry mobs.

She couldn't understand the vocabulary the strange creature was saying, but she really couldn't process that through her mind at the moment. She was just focusing on getting down the hill. She carefully made small steps, but she stepped on a slippery rock due to early morning rain, and slipped. Then she came tumbling down the rocky hill. She may be a monster but she isn't very athletic.

she holds out a hand to the little girl with a smile on her face. she still could not decide whether or not to use her as an experiment, but for now she will be nice. she moved her own hair a bit so she could show off her horns, mainly it was to question of what language the little girl would use, but to most it would seem like a kind gesture. She grabbed out some more bandages to bandage the girl up as she always has something on hand in case she got hurt. She looked at the little girls face to see any change in expression, which would be helpful to know so she could tell if the girl was going to talk or not, the little girl reminded her of herself a bit, but not enough to stop her if she really felt like experimenting on the little one. she gets down on her knees and looks at all the scratches just to know how many bandages were needed, it is always bad to keep on bad bandages that were not put on correctly. She disliked the smell of the girls blood and she needed to fix it, she would choose not to use magic though as she knows that scares some people who are not dragons. She tried her hardest not to look threatening as well

Nelly looks at you with curious eyes, observing you carefully, and also the small group. When you got up close to noticed her left eye was completely black, but you knew she could see out of it since after her small tumble down the hill she checked to see if she could still see out of both eyes. Strange enough, she didn't have any monster like claws as well, her nails looked like a normal human being and her legs were normal as well. She took your hand and let you replace her "homemade" bandages.

Sadly tho, since she never attended a school or read a book before, and with no human interaction she didn't know how to use most words, but the words she did know she didn't want to use them. She was curious about Naga's horns since she had said of her own. As Naga was bandaging her up, Naga noticed that the bandages were plants that were used in most medicine or healing potions.

Her ears looked like a wolf of sorts, except more fluffy and purple. Her skin seemed like a human's as well, if only her blood wasn't a crimson glossy orange, Only for it to dry up into a rose-red scab.

She stays silent, only nodding if you asked her a yes or no question, but anyone could probably see the mistrust in her rose-colored left eye. However, she let you bandage her up curios of the strange soft cotton-like strips you were wrapping on her. She occasionally glanced up at you with her left eye, that glimmered with curiosity, while her right black eye looked like an endless cave if you stared at it for too long. You could gather from the height of her horns, that she was around 5 or maybe 4 years of age. But for a mere toddler, she knew a lot about surviving. After all, it looked like she's been surviving on her own for a while.

Tho, curiously she wasn't like most monsters. True some of the sophisticated monsters who walk on two legs wear clothes, but the way her legs and arms were like a normal toddler's seemed abnormal. She also didn't have fur, but her skin was somewhat like cotton, super soft and squishy.

"smart girl, do not trust strangers right away, that can be dangerous, that was one of the first lessons i learned too, i did not learn to speak either when i was young, so i take it you are from far away, never hearing the stories of me, naga" she smiles as she could probably keep all of their trust as long as someone does not find out what she has done. she has decided for now that the young one might make a good assistant, warlocks are so rare that she would be happy to train another to be like her, she knows young ones are easily deceived, she knows that with the right eye that is black with darkness that the young one might have quite a bit of magic potential, so she takes the hand of the young one into hers and her smile grew as she knows what she can do. She continued to hide her horns and everything else now, but now she brought out a journal and she writes down something that no one else can read as it was a language she personally made up. today is going differently than she planned, she found two rare things that she had not seen in years, a half elf and a monster creature. she likes the looks of both and she cannot wait to see what else she discovers today.
There he came, riding on his mighty warhorse, the most feared, ruthless and cruel lord knight of the realm, Sir Tron Pentre, himself, in the flesh, along with a large party of guards and knights under his command, all of them clearly in pursuit.

Sir Pentre was a very dedicated and thorough knight, entirely devoted to duty, though he was more the butchering barbaric kind of knight that struck terror in the hearts of friends and foes alike, than the knightly righteous type; one likely to use any means necessary to achieve his goals with success and this task at hand was no different.

He was a man of word too, for he almost always killed those he had threatened, murdering them slowly, with the least ounce of mercy. He was the unchallenged executioner, the king's right hand man, in charge of safety, the army and the rule of law; a man forged in the heat of battle, with a short tempered wrath that he seldom had to tame, matched with vast wealth of his own, that grew larger with every execution carried out or tax collected.

A man many feared and respected in equal measure, one who lavishly rewarded those who served him well and relentless persecuted and crushed those who dared defy him. He was a man many had come to call Tron the Terrible for his foul torture and horrid dark deeds.

There he was, venturing through the dense forest with little care for his safety and not an ounce of fear, clearly a hunter out in the wilderness pursuing his prey.

At the futility of the given task, and knowing well who often dwells at that forest, Pentre halted the well trained horse.

"Drow? Where are you? Show yourself... I am in need of your services yet again" demanded Pentre loud and sharply, eyes squinting as he gazed at the wilderness and growths and trees around him, expecting Janella to just drop out of nowhere and try to spook his horse as always, unaware she was already out in the open, just a little further up ahead
Janella kept her attention on Naga, thinking she was just a normal humanoid. The mixed elf was fairly sure that Naga was a human. "Lingering out of sight is lurking in my book, though I can't begrudge someone wanting to remain unseen." She was wondering just what was happening in this area to cause so many interesting characters to show up. Did it have something to do with the pedestal? As she reflected, she realized she wasn't sure why she'd decided to come here. Could something have drawn her even if she was not aware?

She caught glimpses of the thing that Naga was tending to in the woods, realizing it was yet another child. It did not seem human. The half-drow wondered just how many kids were wandering around unattended in this part of the world. Was it some cultural thing? Or was Naga responsible for this thing? She'd known sorceresses kept familiars or useful companions before. "My name is Janella Silentread." Her ear had been quick to pick up on how odd Naga had sounded when saying she was a sorceress, filing the information away in her scheming mind.

Her head turned sharply when she heard Pentre's voice. She groaned with annoyance, probably one of the only people who would act irritated rather than fearful when they knew that the Lord Knight was upon them. It was apparent that she had met him before. Her mind rifled through her various contact and associates, wondering who might have revealed she was in the area. Pentre knew of her habits enough to know she retreated into the wilderness until conditions in the city cooled off for her. She was scowling at him as he came upon their group. "What kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into now?" her tone was not the most welcoming.
The voice pierced Isabella's heart as easily as it pierced through the treeline. She froze at the call of whatever a 'drow' was, and nervously fumbled with the bag of coins with one hand while desperately grasping at her book with the other to simply press it more firmly against her body.

The dogs head snapped up, and turned quickly to the side to with an intense stare at the approaching convoy of clearly armed warriors. Sensing Isabella's discomfort, he pushed past her and stopped in front of her, growling lowly at the newest intrusion and bearing teeth more defensively than his previous shows of protection had offered.

Isabella fell off to her side as the undead husky pushed past her, staring wide eyed at the incredible looking noble convoy. She grasped at her book and rose quickly to her feet and simply stared with a clear look of fear and apprehension. She didn't recognize the name of nobility, but she saw something in the approaching visitors she didnt like.

She stood frozen several moments simply staring, working her nerves back down to something manageable while she considered her next action....perhaps it was a good time to flee, but with all the commotion she had woken up to, exactly where was she to run? Worse....what or who would she run in to?

For now she simply listened to the exchange, paying the vastness of her attention to the mounted figures and Janella's response to their presence. The thought of food and rest were secondary to survival.
Pentre, of course, true to his self, entirely disregarded commoners, peasants and especially children, as if they were not even there, giving Janella his fullest attention. He heard the dog barking but he always caused that impression upon dogs, wolves and other beasts so he did not give it particular importance to another beast barking.

He listened to Janella, disregarding her not so pleasant tone, and took a deep breath at the posed question, before providing the required answers, pondering the response carefully and balancing the outcomes.

If he were to be truthful, his pride would be surely bruised, for it would highlight his lackings as a knight of the realm failing to keep the kingdom safe and allowing... not one but two... outlaws to escape his grasp. At the same time, failing to deliver the information might cause the drow to loose interest and walk away altogether, drow were fickle like that and could sense lies just by listening to the human's slightly faster heartbeat when they did lie. Given the gains and losses he proceed to provide truthful answers and ensure Janella's services to the cause at hand.

"One serious enough for me to trouble myself in personally searching for you to specifically enlist your unmatched skills and unrivalled services." replied Pentre

"Listen, drow, I know we despise each other enough to wish each other dead, no point lying on the matter or sugar coating it, but you know very well that I am a reliable wealthy paying customer, a man of word. I pay what is agreed and in a timely fashion, so hear me out.

The quest I have at hand is far greater than you and me and our common loathing altogether. It concerns a coming war that might engulf many races and many kingdoms too, so... I cannot afford to fail now of all times" explained Pentre

"I know you're as selfish and greedy and poor, as I am cruel and vain and rich, and there are times, like now, when we do need each other...." trailed off Pentre laying out the information gathered about her along the way

"I heard from several sources that you got yourself in quite some trouble after robbing some lords of importance and far reaching arms, to the point you had to escape the city's dungeons in haste at dusk, chased by well paid thugs and without your belongings" noted Pentre tossing Janella's bag back at her feet to return the untouched bag, unwilling to see what drow might keep in such large pouches, despite his curiosity

"I know you are wanted and your bounty grows each week that goes by... you need me to bribe them into forgetfulness or order them into silence, perhaps issue you a pardon that you may freely travel the kingdom to buy your wares, food and secure work and shelter...

On the other hand, I can't afford to tarnish my reputation with a failure of this magnitude, so... seeing we have some common understanding... let us discuss what your hefty reward might be on this occasion. From my part, you get carte blanche, ask away and it shall be granted but, it is no easy task what I have for you this time.

See... lord Alistair, our royal scribe, is actually a very accomplished dark sorcerer of great power, a necromancer I have never seen the likes of him before, but... he committed a critical error of judgement when he refused my king's demands to raise an army of undead with his aid, and, after his death warrant was already signed off and delivered into my hands, the man escaped from jail and rushed out here, into this forsaken wilderness. I shot him with my bow and arrows but it wasn't enough to halt his escape.

I need to find him, before the next full moon preferrably, and deliver him back to my king... dead or alive... preferrably alive and well secured by a Radahan cuff" explained Pentre showing the golden cuff that had powerful magic crafted within, in order to contain sorcerers, wizards, mages and creatures of magic

"I need you to track him down, to find him for me. He is slim, tall, mid length hair and clear eyes. He was still wearing long robes and a cloak when he left the palace. I have lost his trail a few days ago, the last sighing of him, he was travelling on foot, with a wounded arm, headed towards this very forest" explained Pentre speaking strictly the truth

"The other missing fugitive is merely a servant who refused to poison a party of visiting royals. My liege, king Conrad, invited several enemies, royalty from the neighbouring kingdoms for a bogus peace treaty, with the pretext of securing peaceful trades. The intention, of course, was to poison those royals so as to quickly claim their thrones and lands with minimal resistance and less bloodshed than an all out war. But the bloody fool, by the name of Taff, refused to do as told, not only did he fail to put poison in the cups, he actually warned the visitors of the plot and caused them to run away to safety. The righteous sod angered our king so much that I am now tasked in finding and hanging him.

I count on you too to find him, track him down and deliver him so that he can be brought back and face justice for his treacherous foul deeds" explained Pentre delivering all the information Janella might require

"You bring them both to me and I will reward you in equal measure... to your heart's content, including, buying your silence on top of any price we now agree to. Do we have an accord? What shall your payment be this time?" asked Pentre waiting for the woman to accept the quest and state the rewards she sought for herself so there was no misunderstanding later on

Nelly could smell a... Familiar scent. It was familiar but she didn't like it. At all. In fact, it made her ears bend down like a lost or sad puppy, as she swore she remembered the smell. She wanted to make herself scarce, after all she wasn't completely "normal" and she knew this man was dangerous. She looked at the dog barking and the little girl. She then remembered something that her father told her a year ago, about how she can't trust dangerous scents. She wants to make herself scarce since she knew she was different. She remembered a memory that was lodged back into her brain, as far as possible. 'People will pay a great amount of money to kill those breeds of monster after the war, even if there children. Best to throw her out before she causes trouble.'

Nelly wanted to get a better look at the man but was scared he might see her, her father was a beast that at war that only took place not so many years ago. She heard how powerful he was, even serving as a high ranking officer. Of course, he's gone. Nelly doesn't know this yet since she was too mindless to pay any attention to her last parent's concern. What's worse was that she was also half-human, and was worried about how much the greedy will pay for her to take her there slave, or worse. She heard whispers about her in the town, In fact, after she causes a whole village to be burned down due to panic, she was growing in popularity, but not the good kind.

She was naive about weighed they put up warning signs, but she didn't want to take the chance. She heard about how powerful beasts get enslaved or killed due to their power, and since she was the last of her kind, mixed with human, definitely making her rarer than the monsters located in the woods. She picked up her teddy and like a quick cat, ran off. But since she, unfortunately, couldn't tie her small worn-out shoes yet, she tripped on the mangled, tattered laces and fell, causing her holystones to fall out of her pocket. They were pale, glowing, mystical looking crystals.

The holy stones were a gift to humanity by a powerful deity, it's said in an old oracle from the dirty that when places on a certain place, the stones will grant protection for a lifetime. It will even protect every human from the great disease witch was currently plaguing the people, turning them into horrible creatures to spread the disease. You just have to place the stones in a certain order in a holy statue witch was spotted somewhere in the forest. she quickly gathered up the stones and ran up the Rocky hill, as long with her teddy bear.

"you are a very dangerous man lord knight, i know we have never met before, but i do not doubt your strength" she said this with no emotion and yet her words feel like they have emotion"how many have you hurt, hundreds, thousands? does not matter. By law you should never mess with other species unless forced to do so,or at least that is law in this land" she started to sound very mad. her words have obviously hidden messages, but what they are, no one has clues"if you hurt anyone in this group, while they are this land, you shall be punished" she holds a fireball in her hand, showing she is a woman of hur words"i can tell you normally would not hesitate to hurt others, you like to put fear into others minds, you probably enjoy the smell of blood on your weapon" she was willing to threaten someone here because she knows the land well, if she were somewhere else she would keep silent. she disliked the look of fear on the child, so her anger got the best of her. she shall not show her true colors yet."i am naga"
When the female interrupted his conversation with Janella in order to address him, speaking of him as a dangerous knight, as a man of strength, a murderous predator who inspired fear and enjoyed bloodshed, who had killed thousands before... such descriptions of him and his cruel deeds made the already narcissistic knight, all the more proud.

His back straightened a bit more, his chest puffed up slightly, showing off a little, clearly well chuffed at such achievements as she related them. His lips twisted slightly upwards, curling into an evil smirk of satisfaction that his reputation preceeded him even this far out of the kingdom, though it faded a little and became a deeper frown of ill concealed wrath that she had dared threaten him.

Her words, however, were most revealing. This creature clearly cared only for those in this group and, in all truth, none of them, but Janella, were of the least concern to him at present.

"I assure you, Naga, that I have no interest whatsoever in any beings from this particular group, at least for as long as you do not interfere with my affairs and remain within this forsaken swamp's boundaries. The only two fugitives I seek, are from my own kingdom, fall under my authority, and they are clearly not a part of it" noted Pentre to appease the agitated creature and settle the matter there and then

"Though I believe you are mistaken because this foul bog has no laws at all. It is common knowledge that this is a lawless wilderness where the survival of the fittest prevails and each is left to their own.

From my part, you can continue to go about your business, I have no quarrels with any of you creatures, except perhaps for this drow, and I assure you that no harm shall befall her on this occasion, at least none at my hand" assured Pentre looking at Janella for an answer to his proposed quest
Janella looked down at one of her daggers, being sure that it was not strapped in so she could easily withdraw it. She didn't completely trust Pentre, but as she listened to his predicament the elf relaxed a bit at a time. Her gaze slid over to Isabella, seeing her reaction to authority. Janella wondered just why Isabella would react in such a way to an authority figure. She'd never noticed a child doing such a thing. "He's mostly bluster, like most knights," she grinned over at Isabella, "He is not the righteous kind of knight that tries to help wayward children."

Though she did have to agree about the area being fairly lawless. Her attention was diverted when the monster child tried to run away and a number of stones fell from her pockets. The stones looked fairly valuable. The elf's long fingers clenched up and then straightened, and she shifted from one foot to another. Janella reminded herself that it would not be wise to try and rob a child whenever there were witnesses present. She would be remembering Nelly and the stones, perhaps she could get some use out of the little beast.

One of her hands came up to shield her eyes from the light of the fire, she blinked several times until she got used to the added illumination. "You are brave, Naga, but people in authority have always needed someone on the wrong side of the law." She'd worked for knights, generals and others like them many times. "It's just not something that's spoken about very often." Truth be told, she'd gotten rid of a few rivals by forming secret alliances with guards and their leaders.

As Pentre spoke, she carefully scrutinized him. She had been trained in such matters and saw no evidence of deceit. The mixed elf knew one day that their tenuous alliance might fall apart, if it suited one or the other for such a thing to happen. But for now, he had a very appealing offer. She didn't try to deny the claim that she'd had to make a break for it after stealing from some very important men. Her mouth did take on an annoyed twist, as if she had stepped in something smelly rather than incurred a vast bounty on her head. When he tossed her bag of holding to her, she actually gasped. She snatched it up before it even hit the ground, holding it to her chest like it was a lost relative. Looking inside, she grinned when she saw all her belongings were in place. Janella listened, taking in every detail that Pentre spoke as he described her quarry.

She did not have to consider the offer for very long. Most of the time she'd have tried to squeeze every copper she could out of Pentre, but for once she thought that maybe she was trying to get too much. She'd already been lucky to escape after stealing from those nobles, and now she could get her record cleared. It might be best not to push Pentre too much, he'd have enough of a task getting the lawmen to look the other way. "In light of you returning my bag and getting my name cleared . . . as much as it can be cleared . . . I'll only ask for one hundred gold. In return, I'll bring back both your targets." She gestured for him to toss the Radahan to her. The half-drow shuddered at touching it, looking at the thing like it was distasteful. Something very much like it had been used to control her once.

"this land has many more laws than it appears, the laws of the land are told by me as not many of the other species enjoy showing their faces to humans, humans have throughout the years just enjoyed the hunt, if someone came into your home and slaughtered most of your family and that species comes around again, would you like to show your face to them, i think not, do not think me a fool, lord knight, knight carry weaponry to kill, and if a magic wielder shows thier face to you, you know that we mean business, after all, sorcerers are becoming rarer and rarer every day." her eyes stare straight into his, showing how much she does not see him as a threat"you have hurt other species before, and i have already enjoyed the company of these ones for a bit, you do not think that i am stupid, do you, no magic wielder ever is, i have a question now for you, if you had a sorcerer in your group and he was studying a dangerous, unconscious animal, would you A kill it, B watch him do his work, C kill the sorcerer, or D try to tame the animal just to use for your own goals rather than see to it that the sorcerer does his job?" her curiousity was just knowledge of those she met in the past as she has seen many knights like this one, dangerous, but not to her, if she showed her true colors, she might be able to kill him within seconds as her dragon heads would bite him, injecting him with a highly lethal venom
Pentre looked at Naga briefly

"I told you already, woman, I have no dealings with the likes of you. Stay safe and keep out of my affairs and there is no reason we should ever see each other again, neither as foes nor on friendly terms" waved Pentre with little interest, pressed for time to get the two fugitives before they travelled further away

He looked at Janella as she took the golden circle and scowled at the cuff in distaste as if the thing had offended or hurt her, a reaction that clearly indicated this drow had been locked up with one at some point in the past and experienced the weaking helpless experience of being left without any magic, as vulnerable and unskilled as any untrained human being or worse. Still he made no mention of that and nodded in agreement at her demanded price to seal the deal

"When you return to Albion, there shall be no crimes to your name, no bounty, no wanted parchments... rather a royal pardon and a hefty sum of one thousand gold pieces waiting for you to collect it from the scribes, along with our gratitude for services rendered" nodded Pentre

"Once you have them, you will bring them to me. I will take lodging at the nearest village by the border, a small village which is a stone throw from here. In there, there is a tavern and an inn, there are barracks as well as a manor where a lesser lord resides. I will have scouts and guards all looking out for your return, day and night" assured Pentre

"Now take heed of my words... the Radahan is but a useless fancy necklace if you only put it around a mage's neck, for it to work properly, to trap their magic within it, you have to know the enchantment. So... listen and do so carefully for I shall only tell you these words once. You have good memory so repeat them along the way till you know them by heart.

You open the cuff, like any ordinary neck cuff, it has no keys of any kind though. It is controlled by ancients words, a strange spell the druids made centuries ago. Once you enclose it around their neck, you must quickly recite the spell without stalling or mistakes. Else you take it off and try again.

"Teimlo ond cuddio,
cynnwys a ffrwyno'r hud,
peidiwch â gadael iddo lifo.
Cadwynwch y synhwyrau i'r pwerau.
Rhwymwch y pwerau i'r gadwyn euraidd hon.
Yna ei rwymo i'w feistr, i alw arno yn ôl yr angen.
Hyd nes agor ei sêl,
pe bai gwrthryfel yn codi,
gadewch i'w wisgwr gael ei gosbi gan hud.
y cryfaf yw'r pŵer a ddefnyddir ynddo,
y cryfaf y bydd y bond hwn yn tyfu"

You must also know the meaning of these ancient words and will them to work, in your mind

"Feel but conceal,
contain and restrain the magic,
don't let it flow.
Chain the senses to the powers.
Bind the powers to this golden chain.
Then bind it to its master, to call upon it as needs must.
Until its seal be opened,
should rebellion arise,
let its wearer be punished by magic.
the stronger the power used within,
the stronger this bond will grow"

Only the one who places the cuff can remove it. Preying it open, or trying to do so, is excrutiating for the mage entrapped within. Trying to use magic within it without permission is even worse torture. I have seen magic folk writher to the point of passing out and even death. If, for any reason, you were to take these two captives to the king directly, you must also know the counter spell

"Teimlwch yr hud, gadewch iddo lifo.
Rhyddhewch y synhwyrau.
Rhyddhewch y pwerau.
Rhyddhewch y gadwyn euraidd hon.
Ei rwymo oddi wrth ei feistr.
Sêl yn cael ei hagor a niweidio dim mwy.
Toddwch y bond a phylu i ffwrdd.
Byddwch yn segur, nes bydd ei angen arnaf unwaith eto.
Rwy'n gorchymyn iddo "

It translates into the following... which you must also learn and know and will it to work in your mind.

"Feel the magic, let it flow.
Release the senses.
Release the powers.
Release this golden chain.
Unbind it from its master.
Seal be opened and harm no more.
Melt the bond and fade away.
Be dormant, until I need it once more.
I command it"

Once you have captured lord Alistair, for goodness sake do not get yourself killed under any circumstances, understand? The necromancer is of no use to our cause without his powers." warned Pentre

"And to ensure you do survive... I am appointing you two or four or six or eight or ten or twelve chaperones, as many as you think are needed. You can take your pick from among my travelling party, no less than two at a minimum to guard you. You can select from among righteous knights or from the swords for hire... whichever you prefer... they will follow your every move and obey your every command and if necessary, they will kill and they will die to keep you alive" waved Pentre motioning at the trail of armed men behind him
Janella's words were somehow comforting to Isabella, aided greatly by the recognition of her fear and smile that came with it. Not the kind to help a child was not exactly a star selling point, but it didnt matter to the girl. As long as the knight wasn't going to punish or kill her, that was all she wanted.

She reached forward still eyeing the scene olay out in front of her and placed a hand on the back of the still growling dog. The moment her hand touched him his growling stopped, and the dogs head shot back to a normalized standing position for the undead husky.

The naga interrupted and took Isabella's attention with it, openly threatening the knight in her boldness. Was she crazy? Rarely did Solum see knights pass through who looked as Pentre did, but when they had it was a moment of silence for the people. Spellcasters and in particular witches hid for fear of persecution at their hands, and even at her young age she knew an open verbal assault was generally asking for a death sentence.

The child who ran off wasn't something she had even noticed yet, still focused on the main event between Janella and the present lord. It was when he began reciting the spells that her interest piqued enough to overcome her nerves. As it was read she slowly walked around the dog, coming up behind Janella a safe distance and making an attempt to peer around her while yet remaining behind the safety of her blocking body. She seemed to have these knights under control, and the mention of the fact Pentre had no interest in anyone here helped to further allay her fears. While they still remained, the interest of a new spoken spell intrigued her, and she did her best to remember the words the knight spoke while trying to desperately investigate this Radahan from a disadvantaged viewpoint.

"i really dislike being ignored, answer the question or someone shall be burned, and it shall not be me, this land is much more lawful than humans think, the fact is that anything that is seen as 'unlawful' is filled with law, answer the question sir knight, or do you need some more motivation" she was obviously never shown to be a low level, the way she speaks almost has too much authority to be a normal sorceress, she knows the ins and outs of many types of people's minds, which helps her in most cases, what she was attempting would have been basically suicide for most people, but her, she can speak like this all she wants and she knows it, she might not seem it, but she is much more powerful than most magic wielders, which is great for her, her spell surpass some of the most advanced sorcerers, she has fun with her powers, and her authority matches what she is feeling"so i will ask again, what would you do in that situation, Lord Knight, if that even is your real title, i might be completely off and you could be just a lowly thief wearing a knights armor due to you killing them, which would be a crime in itself."she smiles and notices isabella's movement

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A New Home (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus