Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A New Home (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I forgot to post a LFRP thread for this and was wondering why nobody seemed interested. Dx

Here's the link to the IC thread. And here's to the OOC discussion thread.

The gist of this rp is pretty simple. I'm literally just sending a character of mine on a walk in the woods, starting out in a small town within a massive forest. More or less you could introduce whatever character you want, so long as it matches a fantasy setting. I'm feeling very hands off with this story's direction.
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Gonna bump this once, and if nobody takes, I'll let it go.
Hey my dude, I’m open to this with either of the characters i have on the site so far.
You say fantasy setting, what kind of fantasy? LOTR? D&D? Victorian style fantasy, or medieval, or prehistoric?
Iltheyn Topic Starter

This would be a medieval/renaissance sandbox fantasy setting. I'd prefer if the rp went without fandom characters. Does Lucia come from an existing fandom? If not, you could always join with her. Though Wednesday would be an amusing addition, I suspect she might not fit into the setting that well.
((First off, just wanted to point out that your link for the OOC discussion thread does not, in fact, take you to the OOC discussion thread, rather it takes you to the RP discussion forum))

I've been creeping on this and another post of yours since I saw them on the unofficial rpr discord (as well as mentioned in the lobby) and have considered joining one of them. Honestly I havent read the other one, and a world with guns is not my current character idea usual world coming from a more medieval land. I get medieval can have simple guns, just her own world I usually leave guns out.

Still I could saunter her out of the forest into your town or she could happen across your character. The character in mind is Isabella Cross and while she could be viewed similarly to wednesday addams? She, like all of my characters, is an OC, as I'm not personally into doing fandom stuff.

Her small town also exists in a large forest (named Mori Forest) which is cold and snowy and dreary, so I'd ask what the weather was like in your own characters neck of the woods (XD) before sending her in.

Also I may not respond right away as I should legit be sleeping for my work day tomorrow (starts in like 4 hours now) but as soon as I'm able to I'll check this thread for your thoughts on things. I also intend to check out your other thread at some point I've just not had the chance yet XD
Iltheyn Topic Starter

(Thanks for the heads up I think I fixed it now << >>)

Its definitely a renaissance sort of setting than true medieval. But its a part of his character that's necessary (at least in this version of him.) His guns are nothing more sophisticated than a wheellock. And take your time on the other thread if you like! There aren't any guns in it, though. Mori Forest could always border on Dragofrid; I imagine if they were to be on the same continent that Dragofrid would be somewhat to the south of Isabella's. I leave the exact distance up to you though.

Also good luck with your upcoming shift. I've been in that position before and I'm not envious.
Aun Shurry (played by KatrinaPride)

I have a character that you could summon in those woods by mistake if you wish. I'm posting with her now. I'm thinking that once you summon her, you're forced to participate in the upcoming war. PM me if you're interested.
Yeah I dont mind her being in a time frame they exist really, particularly when I identify the need for the OP's character to have them around, just worth mentioning. Also considering her isolated location and age I doubt she would know what a gun even was. I'll probably still base her home as not having guns.

And yes I agree he would probably be south of her, how far to me really depends on the question I asked you about the weather?? If it's cold and snowy in her home itd be a lot further if hes living in very warm climates vs living in say autumn/spring level temperatures.
What characters of mine might be of interest to you iltheyn?
Iltheyn Topic Starter

@KatrinaPride That sounds very compelling, but I'd like to take this rp in a somewhat calmer direction. I mean, she could still be summoned, but I'd rather that the story remained somewhat more open so that others have a better opportunity to join. I am curious about what this war entails, however.

@Voldarian_Empire I imagined it being a somewhat northern European sort of forest. It could still be pretty close to where she lives, though perhaps not in a single day's journey. Maybe ten or so miles? I'm trying to think of a way that a little girl (half-undead or not) could reasonably walk close enough to Dragofrid, even if she's not going to the town proper.

@Tusitala Hey there! I suppose anyone that would be found wandering the woods would do. I noticed some of your characters underwent changes so I don't want to assume who that would be. I trust your decisions already so *shrug*
Aun Shurry (played by KatrinaPride)

Well as long as she in summoned and bound to a master, I'm okay with that. The war, however, would be like the holy grail wars of fate. Servants fight for their masters on two sides, before forced civil war is than educed for who gets the prize. But since the war is going to be shoved out of this one, which is fine, you can look at her page for her story and how to summon her. PM me for further questions about her.
Part of the reason I asked mind you, the only reasonable thing I suppose I can think of in such a setting is summoning something she could sit on and ride for awhile. Probably not a horse at her size but maybe a big dog or something (mind you this thing she summons will have been reanimated corpse more than ethereal creation). Regardless by the time she accidently finds a town she's going to want to be looking for food and rest anyway.

Edit: and you're right in what I can assume you're thinking, the half undead part doesnt give her any more stamina than an ordinary child.
moved to OOC conversation

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A New Home (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus