Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » My Hero: Over-Seas [Closed]

The Squad (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

Monty blinked, before glancing at the roll sheet, beforen odding. "Yup." He said. "Don't sweat it, just make sure you get on the right bus tomorrow. We're doing quirk assessments right now. Why don't you go next?" Monty suggested.
Falderan (played by Dreath)

Markus stands up and does an over the top salute.
'Yes Sir!" He says with the energy of a child. "So how can I go about my quirk?" He says tapping his chin. "Hmm." Several students look confused at his dramatic behavior and whisper amongst themselves. "Excuse me. What was that?" Markus says putting his hand to his ear and his ear grows in size by roughly four times. His neck extends and stretches followed by his legs while his feet remain in place and he moves closer. He smirks as some students look with both amazement and disgust. He pulls back and chuckles. "My quirk is called Toon Form. In short my body can become elastic and manipulable. I can grow and stretch my body parts up to four times my natural size. My body is also noticeably more resilient and absorbent to damage." He extends his torso so it stretches wide. "Go on, somebody punch me." He says winking with an overly animated persona. One student steps forward and delivers a solid punch which simply pushes out the back. The punch wound remains as his body retorts back to shape. "Neat huh?" He says returning to normal. "Limits are if I stretch too far it can tear muscles and break bones. When I return to normal like I am here I can control the elasticity of my body. He taps his chest with his fist. "So I can live normally." He smiles and from the crowd Nick leans over to Ds and whispers.
"He's rather animated isn't he?" Nick says with a smirk as he laughs softly to himself.

"That looks pretty damn useful." Monty said. As with the others, he asked a few questions about further drawbacks, or advantages his quirk had that weren't obvious when he spoke. Once Markus was sent to be with the rest of the class, he called out the next student, April. She walked forward.

"Ready when you are." Monty said. April nodded before taking a breath. Her eyes suddenly went from the brown they were to a bright gold. She seemingly ignited with blue fire, before the flames rose of her and formed into the silhouette of person. The flames solidified into a tall woman, with large feathery wings. She had similarly shaped ears, and was clad in pink armor. She wore a clsoe faced helmet, but glowing, gold eyes peered out from inside. "I call her Zoe." April said. "Wait... so that wasn't some other student helping you out in the practical?" Lucas spoke up, having seen April and 'Zoe' in the practical. "I mean since she's a part of me I guess you could say she's a student." April said.

"So, what can she do?" Monty asked. "Well, obviously she can fly. She's a lot faster than I am, and can hit a lot harder. And the claws on her armor make her dangerous in close combat. Uh... OH! And she can sharpen her feathers and throw them out like throwing knives." April said.

"Drawbacks?" Monty asked. "Well, she's part of me, so we share the same stamina and stuff. When she moves it takes it outta me. If she's hurt, I get hurt too." April said as she thought. "Sometimes she doesn't do what I tell her to." She added, giving an accusatory glare at the giant armored angel thing. In response, Zoe crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Oh, and she changes occasionally. When I first got my quirk when I was little she was a fire breathing bunny. And then she turned into weird looking ninja when I was ten, and she just turned into this last year. Parents say she might or might not change one or two more times." April explained. Monty nodded, taking a few more notes, before calling up the last few students.

"Alright, we're done for the day." Monty said, just before the bell rang. "You guys get to your next classes, Markus, before you go I need to catch you up on what you missed." Monty said.

The students were like ants, scurrying around and moving to lockers to grab books or devices and scuttling off to class. Several getting lost in the multi leveled building as they made their way to their assigned classrooms. Hector came to a class where several students were inside. Class had not yet begun and he sighed with relief in the doorway.
"Coming through." A voice says behind him as the flattened form of Markus pushes past Hector. Hector jumps at the sight.
"Don't do that!" He says panicked. Markus laughs and forms his body as it was. Now solid he wanders to the tables with Hector.
"So I didn't see your quirk. What you do?" Markus asks. Putting an exaggeratedly large hand on his chin and stretching out his neck to be closer.
"Magnetism. I put magnetic charges onto certain types of metal."
"Neat."
"Is helpful. Your quirk is rather unique." Hector adds as they see Ds and Lucas enter just as the bell rang to indicate the start of class.

Ds took his seat, again at the back of the room. "Hey, nice seeing you guys are here too." Lucas said, taking a seat near Hector and Marcus. A few familiar faces was good. After a short few minutes, and a couple of students hurriedly making their way into the class, heavy foot falls could be heard.

Having to duck to go in through the door, the teacher arrived. He was readily recognized as Saur, the Dinosaur hero. Unlike Monty earlier, he wore his hero costume. It consisted of a body suit, beneath a set of armor. He wore a helmet that emulated a Triceratops frill and horns. "Sorry I'm late. I'm sure those of you who are familiar with my Heroics know I'm not exactly the fastest man alive." He said. He called out the roll call, before beginning orientation. Once he was done with the basics, he went on to describing the course.

"Now, this course mainly focuses on the less interesting side of heroics. Mostly the laws heroes are required to know and follow, general conduct expected of us, and provides information to supplement what you'll learn in your PE courses." Saur explained.

"So it's the theory end of PE? Great." Markus says with an exaggerated pout as he slumps into his chair.
"Bored stretchy?" Hector says snickering. Markus smiles back and as Saur glares in his direction he goes quiet and sits up. Hands clasped neatly and sitting overly ornate. Hector rolled his eyes. Markus was an odd and overly animated person. Class would get under way as what was learnt here would be a key part of living a genuine life in the super hero age.

Once Saur was done with orientation he moved on to the first lesson they'd be doing. After a while the bell rang and everyone went on to their next classes. Ds had several relatively mundane, normal high school classes. After all, even if he was gonna be hero, he did still need a basic high school education. Finally, the bell to move to the final class rang.

Ds got to his last class, and took his seat, again in the back of the room as he had with all his other classes. The other students piled in. Unlike the earlier classes, the teacher, the Pro called Arkham, was already there. Like Saur, she was in her hero costume. It was odd to say the least. Various black 'cracks' ran across the costume, and even ran across the one eye her mask had.

"She sure is a creepy one." Nick says taking a seat next to Ds. "Wouldn't have thought a hero costume could be so eerie and still be seen as hopeful." He says this while the other students come in a short moment before class started.

Ds glanced over at Nick, before shrugging. The costume was creepy. It was like it was a second layer of skin almost, even where it was obvious it was just clothing. Several other students came in, and were mostly quiet, until the bell rang. The teacher did roll call. Despite her creepy appearance she sounded pretty normal.

"I am Arkham, as I'm sure some of you have heard on the news, internet, or where ever it is you keep yourself up to date on current events." She began. "For this class I'll be teaching you about the importance of support items, including but not limited to costumes, weapons, and tools that supplement your quirks." She began before a student, eagerly shoved their hand into the air. "When do we do our costumes?" They questioned.

"In a week or two. Megaton's going to need some time to collect data on your various quirks in his gym class." Arkham said.

The first parts of the class were simple. Going over the general idea of support items and showing some examples from various heroes. Questions were asked on certain types of gear and how they could function. Nick raised his hand and when called upon spoke.
"So where do we go about getting these bits of gear should we need them? Are they supplied like our costumes or must we design and build them ourselves?"

"That depends on the specifics." Arkham began. "Regarding your time here at the school, you'll be provided a few support items with your costumes. You won't need to worry about building them, or making them work. You'll just need to give a brief description of the item." Arkham said. "But once you're out of the school, you'll need to finance the creation of your support items yourself, and if you're skilled enough it is entirely within the realm of possibility to design and build support items yourself, but it's usually easier just to go to a tech company for support items." Arkham said.

"What kind of weapons are we allowed to have with our costumes?" Ds questioned. "Outside of school, so long as it's registered with the UCH, for the most part anything goes. Whilst you're here in the school though it's a bit more limited. When we get around to filling out your costume forms, I'll get onto explaining what weapons we do and don't allow." She said.

Much like all other classes today the class itself was mostly overview and orientation things. The remainder of the day was nothing of interest and soon the end of day bell rang. Returning to their lockers the new students all gathered their belongings and made their way out.
"Your schooling systems are weird here." Nick says wandering out beside Ds. He stretched his arms back casually before rolling his shoulders and relaxing. "So you already got a hero costume in mind?"

Ds glanced over when he heard Nick's voice. School system seemed fine to him, granted he'd been in the American school system for most of his life, so he'd definitely had more time to get accustomed to it, unlike Nick. "Not really." Ds said. He hadn't put much thought into his hero costume, beyond wanting the whole thing to be made of conductive materials. "You?" Ds asked. Before Nick got a chance to answer, he and Ds would hear Lucas approaching. "Yo, you're the dude from Australia right?" Lucas questioned once he caught up to Ds and Nick.

Nick was ready to respond but twisted when he heard the question form behind.
"Yea I am, what's up?" He asks looking at the newcomer. Wandering past was Hector who took little note of them as he made his way down the main road by the school as he made his way home.

"What's the pro hero scene over there like?" Lucas asked. "Always wondered how other countries handled pro hero stuff." He added. "Probably like we do." Ds said. "Just, ten times deadlier, since everything in Australia's designed to kill you." He added.

"From what I've seen of here it's fairly similar. Our assortment of Pro Heroes is a bit smaller. The academy is also a bit more exclusive. Sort of like, what do you call it, ivy league?" He shrugs. "Two of our biggest pro heroes you've probably heard of are Trapdoor the Web Hero and Soar the Gliding, rescue Hero." He explains regarding two heroes he knows of. I'm unsure what you hear of over here from us though."

"Heard of Trapdoor before. Think he came to the city before for some expo or something." Lucas said as he thought. "How many countries do that stupid 'the whatever hero' thing with their pro heroes?" Ds questioned. "Here it's just. Like, Saur, or Megaton, or whatever." He added.

Nick shrugs.
"I think its a publicity thing. Since the heroes are as marketable as any athlete or actor." He says as the three wander along. "Most just call them by their hero name."

"Honestly it kinda reminds me of those old timey super heroes. Y'know like the Impeccable Rocket?" Lucas said. "Never heard of him. What's his quirk?" Ds asked. "Technically he doesn't have one. He was a comic book character from before quirks popped up. He had rockets in his feet and hands though." Lucas added.

"Considering the variety of quirks there are I wouldn't be surprised. Like that Stonehide or whatever his name is. Turns his skin into stone. Makes you wonder how quirks happen." Nick stretches his back. "So you two live close by?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » My Hero: Over-Seas [Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus