Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Opinion & Survey About Anthro Characters

MasterWinter

Edit as of 9/6/19: Thank you so much, to those of you who took the survey! It is VERY helpful! ^-^

Hi all, Winter here.

So. My friend Demilicious posted a forum topic for a survey for his group: Tam'nýer—a'

His survey got me to thinking, and I thought to use SurveyMonkey to find out what you all think concerning anthro characters.

Now! I do realize that character's I create are all mine, and I can make them how I want. This is just going to help me try to better understand the people who are comfortable and willing to rp with anthros. I know I will not be able to appease everyone, but this might help me a bit more in general.

My OC anthro, Khan, is my first anthro I've put up here on RPR in a while. Any other anthros I make I keep to Discord with my buddy Krispythekritter. I would like to change that if possible.

So if you wouldn't mind taking this brief survey, so to help me understand a bit better, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!

-Winter
I may have overused the 'other' option and some of the answers without 'other' options I felt my answer lacked precision, but I did your quiz ^_^ it was kind of fun :) hope you get the answers you're looking for :D
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
I may have overused the 'other' option and some of the answers without 'other' options I felt my answer lacked precision, but I did your quiz ^_^ it was kind of fun :) hope you get the answers you're looking for :D

Hey, an answer is an answer. I appreciate you taking it. It is helpful. ^-^

Thank you to all who have done my survey thus far, it's appreciated very much!
No problem! Though I don’t personally view anthro characters any differently than any other type of character. Maybe that’s just me, seeing I’m pretty involved in the furry fandom.
DazzlingDragon wrote:
No problem! Though I don’t personally view anthro characters any differently than any other type of character. Maybe that’s just me, seeing I’m pretty involved in the furry fandom.

I have basically that same opinion on anthros, but I have never actually had an anthros character myself, nor do I have a big interest in making one.

Edit: glad to help winter <3

DazzlingDragon wrote:

I'm new to the whole furry fandom, basically. I am trying to slowly show that not all rprs who do anthro want nothing but smut, and that we can do fun rp's too.

Khan is the first anthro of mine I recently have been putting a lot of hard work into. I have another anthro currently under Co, who isn't on here yet. So I'm hoping to use the survey results to help me get a better understanding.

Like I mentioned in my original post: I know my OC's are mine and they are how I make them. I just thought a little guidance would be nice.

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
DazzlingDragon wrote:

I have basically that same opinion on anthros, but I have never actually had an anthros character myself, nor do I have a big interest in making one.

Edit: glad to help winter <3

And that's perfectly okay! Anthro's are not everyone's cup of tea, and there is nothing wrong with it!

Heck. Demilicious said he'd rp with an anthro, so long as their is no predominate snout. And he really likes Khan.

So if they aren't your thing for making an OC of, then don't sweat it. You do what is comfortable for you. ^-^
My general opinion ( like I kinda said in the survey) is that, species aside, the character is the character. Doesn't matter if they're a wolf-like, a human, a beetle thingy, or whatever else. Those traits can matter, giving them some handy tricks and creating a whole aesthetic feel, but they can still be a grizzled soldier, a cheerful florist, a tired lawyer, or whatever else! As long as it fits in the context, they can be as good or bad a character as any other, and even with romance and smut, you need to agree on mutual attraction anyway. Species is an extra factor, but only one more compared to many that are already there. ^v^

Avitrathephoenix wrote:
My general opinion ( like I kinda said in the survey) is that, species aside, the character is the character. Doesn't matter if they're a wolf-like, a human, a beetle thingy, or whatever else. Those traits can matter, giving them some handy tricks and creating a whole aesthetic feel, but they can still be a grizzled soldier, a cheerful florist, a tired lawyer, or whatever else! As long as it fits in the context, they can be as good or bad a character as any other, and even with romance and smut, you need to agree on mutual attraction anyway. Species is an extra factor, but only one more compared to many that are already there. ^v^

So, so very true on all counts!

Some of the questions were just for curiousness, like the options about romance and smut. I figure if anyone wants any of those, they'd inform me. But I thought to get an idea in general.

Thank you for your input, it's very appreciative!
Winters_Fury wrote:
Avitrathephoenix wrote:

So, so very true on all counts!

Some of the questions were just for curiousness, like the options about romance and smut. I figure if anyone wants any of those, they'd inform me. But I thought to get an idea in general.

Thank you for your input, it's very appreciative!

Safe curiosity is always worth indulging! ^v^ And yeah, I'm super happy to help out!
PenguinColada

Took the survey. In all honesty, anthros are not really my cup of tea. I can see the appeal, but it's just not for me. Have I roleplayed with anthros? Yes. I have. But... shrug

PenguinColada wrote:
Took the survey. In all honesty, anthros are not really my cup of tea. I can see the appeal, but it's just not for me. Have I roleplayed with anthros? Yes. I have. But... shrug

It's understandable. They aren't for everyone, which is perfectly okay!
PenguinColada

Winters_Fury wrote:
PenguinColada wrote:

It's understandable. They aren't for everyone, which is perfectly okay!
<3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Opinion & Survey About Anthro Characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus