Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Bake Sale End Countdown Chat - DONE!

HEYO this is a count down chat for everyone staying on the site until the bake sale ends in... 6 hours! Or just wants to talk about the bake sale, gush about things we hope for RPR 2.0, or things we know we will get and are excited about.

0 minutes to go!! It's over! 😭💞

I personally am super excited for the end of the bake sale, and the continuous and future progress on the new version of the website. I can't wait for beta testing :D

I was hoping to nap another bacon before the end of the bake sale, unfortunately can't, but I'd leave to hear what everyone else nabbed last minute! Or what your favorite item in general is!
Definitely bacon... it is the only thing I have actually purchased
MercyInReach Topic Starter

The bacon is a huge deal definitely! 🥓🥓🥓 love it!
By the way I want to shout out to everyone who has been so kind to me.
Some sent me gifts from competitions won, others purely out of generosity of their heart.

Below is an opportunity to thank and name some of these good people:

-ShadowWeaver a phoenix (but... Serena the phoenix flew to Juls home!)
-Keke gave me 1 bacon out of the blue which was awesomely good of them
-LakotaSiouxWarrior also gifted me a most welcomed bacon slice
-Sonmon gave me a green Macaroon and a Chocolate Chip Cookie
-Auberon a Cinnamon Stick
-Sweet_Little_Sock a red rose
-Voldarian_Empire a yellow rose

Aww how nice
I think my favorite item out of all of them is the bacon. Bacon rules!

I also wanted to extend thanks to Heidi, the prize potato, Eniiko, you mercy, and everyone else who hosted raffles.

Thanks for giving people an oppertunity to get bake sale stuff!
Indeed thank you to everyone who hosted a competition, you made the event extra special and exciting!
Kim Site Admin

I was so tickled by all the people who hosted satellite competitions that was absolutely amazing.
I honestly won so much stuff from the Prize Potato that I stopped participating cause I felt bad for hogging all the good stuff! XD This community really stepped up to the plate not just for Kim but for each other and turned what could have easily been seen a cash grab into a really fun, joyous event where we all came together and supported each other and the site as a whole. And in the end we're all going to benefit!
Kim what happens to the items we have from the bake sale in our shopping cart?

Will they be wiped out once deadline is met?

I stuffed a piece bacon, waiting for next week when I get paid :)
Kim Site Admin

Tusitala2017 wrote:
Kim what happens to the items we have from the bake sale in our shopping cart?

Will they be wiped out once deadline is met?

I stuffed a piece bacon, waiting for next week when I get paid :)

Server is a softie and has occasionally been known to allow this.. I can't guarantee it though!
Rogue-Scribe

I'm waiting to see where the bar is in a little less than 3 hours to award an Epic Sundae in the 'Guess the Total' contest. My $ is on Cacaphony's guess of $13,540, but if there is a surge these last hours, then Backburnettforever's guess of $14021 has a shot! We're at $13,610 as of this post.
This Bake Sale was so much fun!! :D

I'm glad so many people could join in on all the giveaways - not only for those who weren't able to get what they really wanted, but just for the fun of everyone just trying to win stuff.

With the ones I hosted, I also felt as a new member of RPR (only been here for about 2 months!), it was a nice way to meet everyone and see amazing characters and get familiar with the site in a fun way that didn't make me feel shy about reaching out to others.

As a side note, I tend to be a digital hoarder, so even if the bake sale is done, that doesn't mean the giveaways are over from the Prize Potato. <3
Kim Site Admin

ShadowWeaver wrote:
I'm waiting to see where the bar is in a little less than 3 hours to award an Epic Sundae in the 'Guess the Total' contest. My $ is on Cacaphony's guess of $13,540, but if there is a surge these last hours, then Backburnettforever's guess of $14021 has a shot! We're at $13,610 as of this post.

Just add excitement to this, I'm about to adjust at based on some bounced payments as well!

Three and a half hours left!

I am super excited about the total, I hope we make it as close to 15k as possible, ya deserve it Kim!
Rogue-Scribe

Kim wrote:
ShadowWeaver wrote:

Just add excitement to this, I'm about to adjust at based on some bounced payments as well!

:D - The Wild Card!
Kim Site Admin

ShadowWeaver wrote:
Kim wrote:
ShadowWeaver wrote:

:D - The Wild Card!

It bounced back pretty impressively almost immediately after I finished :D
:3 ...literally the only physical item(s) I'm excited to get the most for backer rewards is the pens...I know how weird as heck this sounds but I swear on life...every year, even on my previous account that I deleted over certain irl issues, I was super excited for epic week's dice roll tombola only because of the pens and the tote bag. Not the gifts IN the tote bag...just the tote bag and the set of pens.

Sadly I didn't have enough money to get the super special, operation audacious phoenix tote bag as a backer reward but oh well, I got me sum o' dem penzzzz!!

Side note: operation audacious phoenix is a heckin' mouth full...I just voice texted it and it felt so weird to say aloud...my tongue almost failed me! XD
Kim Site Admin

I think this was the first year that we had pens as prizes! But they're really nice, I love mine. I'm really looking forward to getting more out in the world... I know most of us are big fans of writing :D

Also: I'm getting weirdly good at shouting OPERATION AUDACIOUS PHOENIX ;)
Kim wrote:
I think this was the first year that we had pens as prizes! But they're really nice, I love mine. I'm really looking forward to getting more out in the world... I know most of us are big fans of writing :D

Also: I'm getting weirdly good at shouting OPERATION AUDACIOUS PHOENIX ;)

I've seen the pens more than once I'm sure... <_< >_> <_<

Maybe I was just dreaming that I had seen them more than once just now? I did just wake up lol

Real question is, to use or not to use? ...I have a strange obsession with collecting pens but never using them... XD
I'll probably use these ones.

*Dies of laughter*
I just snuck up on my lover and half yelled half growled OPERATION AUDACIOUS PHOENIX right in his ear...he yelped like a puppy, jumped at an odd sideways angle out of his seat, and fell on the floor.

This is the same guy who always sneaks up on me and scares the life outta me...good to know I can get my revenge~ XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Bake Sale End Countdown Chat - DONE!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus