Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Medieval fantasy RP with friend (closed)

Rose (played anonymously)

'No. You're your own name. But people and dragons can be friends, which means they are close to each other. So tell me your name, my friend.' Rose explained
Zina (played by DiamondWillow) Topic Starter

"My own name?" The tiny dragon froze just long enough to search through her brand new mind. There was something imprinted on her from before she even hatched. "Zina! I'm Zina!" Playful squirming continued.

'Nice to meet you Zina.' She noticed the Iso and the Head Girl, who had yet to say anything, even her name, watching them. "What, if I may ask?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare." The head girl stuck her hand out, "I'm Ivangela. My friends call me Angey. I just couldn't help but notice how natural you are with communicating with your dragon. Are you a mage, by any chance?"

Rose felt herself freeze as rigid as a wood board. "I... I am..." She said, trying to hide her fear. "Hey, hey, it's okay..." Iso soothed. "We won't do anything to you, and if you don't want to tell us, right now or at all, it's fine, we'll always be here anyway. We're family now." He said. "F-Family?" Rose whispered. "So it's true... You treat new members like family?"

"Of course! We dont get many new cloudriders, we gotta stick together with who we have!" Ivangela smiled warmly.

Zina on the other hand was concerned with the change of mood around Rose. It wasnt salty rain but she still needed to do something, she just wasnt sure what.

Ivangela continued, "The students who received dragons are on their way to the feeding area. Hatchlings need a lot of nutrients so they can grow."

"Alright... I'm afraid I don't know where it is... I have been a massive mess of nerves all the time till now for the past few weeks..." Rose explained. "Didn't one of my old bullies is here."

"Thats alright!" Ivangela smiled, "All of the first year riders are following the head dragon care instructor. Iso and I have our own dragons to tend to so we wont be coming along, but it shouldn't be that difficult to follow the flow of the crowd. There are also plenty of teachers who will be willing to point the way if you were to ever get lost."

Zina wiggled out of Rose's arms to crawl onto her shoulders. The aura around Rose had shifted again to a point that it made Zina uncomfortable. 'Something is wrong. Are you ok? Are you hurt? Did they do this? Do I need to eat them?' Zina was getting a little hungry but she wasnt sure what she was allowed to eat yet.

'No, you don't need to eat them. We're going to get you something to eat.' Rose said to her.

Physically, she said "Thanks. Well, we better get going. I think I am going to need lessons how to hide my emotions in this link... I'm agitating her..." Iso nodded. "The Headmistress usually watches the new dragons eat. You can mention it there."

Zina crawled underneath Rose's chin to get to her other shoulder. 'I dont like the idea of you hiding. But I do like food.' She had never had food before, but she was positive it couldn't be better than the sweet aura coming from Rose.

Rose giggled, following the crowd. 'I'm not going to be hiding. I'm just going to try and not upset you.' She explained.

'Upset?' Zina was confused. Had she upset Rose? She didn't mean to upset her sweet human.

Rose followed the crowd and Zina could hear some of the other dragons talking. Some were unable to directly talk to their humans while some were simply napping. Most of them were red as well and she couldn't see any other hatched dragons the same color as her.

'I upset you little one. And just avoid those red dragons okay?'

Guilt rushed over Zina, 'I didn't mean to be upset! I'm sorry!' Zina started rubbing the smooth scales on top of her head against Rose's cheek. 'I'll stay away from the reds just please don't hide!'

'No, it's my fault Zina, not yours. I don't want you to get upset because of me.' Rose pet her Bond Sister's head. 'Now go and eat. You need it if you want to grow fast, big, and strong, okay?' She saw Fabio eyeing her with a malicious smirk. She turned to face him. "I don't have time for you Fabio. I need to speak with the Headmistress and keep you and your dragon from tormenting us."

Zina hadn't realized, but they were already at their destination. Students were already separating based on dragon colors. It was easy to pick up though that this Fabio guy wasnt someone Rose liked. Just being in the same vicinity as him caused her aura to shift.
'Am I supposed to eat him?' Rose did say they came here to eat and there weren't any groups of other dragons like her to tell her what kind of food group she could tolerate. However, even if the boy wasnt compatible with her diet, she would gladly eat anything that bothered her sweet human.

'No...' Rose refrained from anything else. She walked up to the Headmistress. "Hello, Headmistress, I, er, noticed Zina doesn't have any like her here, and I don't know what she needs to eat. I hope it's not birds, at least..."

The Headmistress smiled down at Rose. "Oh a Cloud Dragon. Their diets are some of the easiest to accommodate for and despite what most people think, they dont actually eat birds. Wild Cloud dragons often befriend birds because of their ancestral rooted connection." The Headmistress waved for Rose to follow her, "Your dragon mostly only needs water to survive, much like the Tide dragons, however unlike the Tide dragons, Cloud dragons do not eat fish. Cloud dragons, in return for bringing plenty of rain fall to the land, will often eat crops they believe they have a right to, their favorite food being whatever is sweetest. They also will eat small rodents they find trying to feast on the crops they believe they have claim over, and, when hungry enough, will eat other meat sources. Is there anything else you'd like to know?"

Setting Zina down to eat, Rose replied with "I need to know how to hide my emotions from the link. Primarily because she thinks she has to eat whatever I don't like... "

Zina looked up from where she had grabbed a mouthful of honeygrass. 'Isnt that what I'm supposed to do?'

The headmistress laughed, "There are techniques you can use to better hide emotions, however I do not believe it would be smart to do for a developing dragon. Especially a Cloud dragon that is naturally drawn towards strong emotions. The best thing to do for your dragon would be to continue talking and explaining everything. She naturally wont know things until it is explained to her. More than anything, hiding your emotions will just upset and frustrate your dragon because they have a different sense than us that detects emotion."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Medieval fantasy RP with friend (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus