Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Medieval fantasy RP with friend (closed)

Rose (played anonymously)

"Oh... Er, okay. Sorry. I'm going to warn you, Fabio may be bitten by Zina several times until it sinks in... In either of them." Rose said, sheepish. 'Zina, no biting people alright?'
Zina (played by DiamondWillow) Topic Starter

Zina was already stuffing her face with strawberries as she mumbled a tiny bark in reply through her mouthful, 'No biting! Got it!'

Rose somehow doubted she would do it, but decided to trust Zina. "She watched Fabio and his dragon out of the corner of her eye. When he noticed that a Tiderider and her dragon were alone, he proceeded to walk over, and Rose knew his intent, and speed walked over to intercept. It was one thing to bully her, but someone minding their own business? That's where Rose drew the line.

Zina noticed Rose's aura moving away and quickly turned to follow. She saw the Fabio guy she didn't like on her destination path. Zina excitedly barked, 'Oh are you going to let me eat him now?! As long as I dont bite him?'

'That includes biting. Let me handle him.' Rose said. "Alright, it's one thing to bully me Fabio, but someone minding their own business?"

Zina zig zagged around Rose's feet listening to the conversation happening above her, 'Ok no eating anyone.'

Fabio glanced down at Zina before looking back up at Rose, "Hey, who said I was coming over here to bully? Maybe I was just coming by to introduce myself? Are you sure YOU'RE not being the bully here by accusing me of stuff?" Fabio had raised his voice intentionally creating a scene around them.

"We know each other better than that." Rose said. "You always do this. Pick those with no one around like a fox a wounded animal, and hunt them."

Fabios smirk sent shivers down Zina's scales, "Come now, Rose," His voice lingered a little too long on her name, as if it tasted of poison, "This is a new school, new people! People will only believe what is right in front of them and right now, YOU seem to be the one picking a fight here, not me. You have no ~proof~ that I was walking this way to harass that girl! I think you're just making stuff up to make me look bad!"

The room had gone completely quiet as Fabio's voice was heard by everyone. All eyes were looking at Rose like she was a hobo digging through the trash.

Zina didn't like the way Fabio's aura was clashing with her sweet human's aura so she did the only logical thing she could do. Zina dashed forward, completely unnoticed by all the distracted eyes, and quickly clamped her jaw and her tiny sharp teeth around Fabio's offending ankle.

"You were smirking at her with malicious intent." Said the Tiderider girl. Several others voiced that as well. "Besides you're not good at hiding poison from your voice."

Fabio jumped and tried to shake Zina off, however not wanting to be thrown around, Zina easily let go. He rubbed his ankle while shooting looks at Rose and the tiderider girl. "So now my natural facial features and accent are being criticized? I'm truly hurt. Now if you'll excuse me, I must take care of my ankle since your vicious dragon tried to make me its meal."

Zina was satisfied that Fabio had finally realized he wasnt winning this time and bounded over to Rose, wagging her tail in triumph.

The Headmistress was behind him. "I have twenty years experience of identifying bullies. You, clearly, are the "Cry Wolf" kind of bully. Since school hasn't started, you cannot be punished, just as Rose cannot be rewarded for her willingness to help someone, but next time I see you bullying or someone comes to me, you lose a chance to remain here. Three strikes, you're out, as they say."

Fabio put on one of his other faces, "Headmistress, I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding between the two of us. There is no need for anything rash. After all, nothing happened except a few word exchanges and her dragon trying to take a bite of me. In this exchange I'm sure you can see I was just trying to defend my own honor as I was being accused of things that I hadn't yet even done. I can see it was wrong of me to assume they wouldn't understand my families inherited smile. If you've met any of my family, I'm sure you'd see the resemblance in our formal greetings. Of course please dont punish Rose and her poor little dragon, I must have stepped on its tail while I wasnt looking. Now if I may be excused, I must tend to my ankle before it gets infected." Fabio didn't wait to see if the Headmistress would actually dismiss him and instead left with his dragon from the room.

"I know how many times Rose was found, beaten, by you and your cronies in that accursed village. I am legally bound to give you three chances, do not waste them. Either of you." Rose was surprised by the vehemence in the Headmistress' tone. She really looked at her, and realized she looked vaguely familiar. "Can I speak with you in private, Headmistress? I swear I wouldn't even if there was no three chances by the way."

Zina sprinted back to the deserted food pile to grab a few more bites of whatever she could fill her mouth with before bounding back to Rose and the Headmistress.

'Does private include me?' Zina asked, hoping not to be left behind.

'Yes. I think you deserve to know, if I am right about this.' Rose said. They went away. "You seem familiar. Like I have seen you before. The fact you mentioned that you saw me meant you were specifically looking out for me. Why?" The Headmistress sighed. "You're a clever one. But your curiosity is also on par with that. There's no easy way to put this, but... Say hi to Grandma Reyna Cloudrider." Rose gasped.

The Headmistress gave Rose a small yet warm smile. Zina could feel the Headmistress' aura positively affecting Rose's as well as her own as she started to speak with a voice like honey, "I had already left the village long before you were even born so I'm surprised you even recognize me at all. But family is family and even if I had run away from my roots, I couldn't just allow you to fend for yourself with no support. A lot has happened, but the shortened version would be that I had friends who were looking out for you and I was able to push the tables back in your favor for being able to attend this school. I know I'm being vague but I cant explain everything right now and I'm not supposed to choose favorites so I need you to keep our relations a secret."

"Alright. I can understand that. It's why I said in private. Can I at least tell any friends I make? They may work things out, if we meet frequently. I imagine with Fabio here you're going to keep an eye on me still." Rose said.

Reyna took a deep breath in thought, "I think it best to try and keep things on the down low, but if it really comes down to it, you can tell your closely trusted friends how we are related. Now I believe we should start getting back to the others. The tour for the first years will be starting shortly and I dont want to take any more time out of Zina's first meal."

"Good idea. Alright. I wanted to thank the Tiderider I helped anyway, for helping me."

The Headmistress walked with Rose back to the dragon feeding room. Zina was happy to be back and went to locate some more delicious food that she could possibly share with her sweet human. 'Do you like honeygrass or applebark better?'

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Medieval fantasy RP with friend (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus