Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Imperitus Abyssi (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

In a time far into our future, the world has been drowned by some unknown force. The survivors of this disaster were those who had prepared prior to the flood; enter the Imperitus Abyssi, a great ship designed to carry thousands of passengers, crew, and nobility. Under the jurisdiction of Head Captain Weathers and his advisor, High Confessor Meldach, the Abyssi has sailed in relative peace for nearly 25 years since our home was submerged beneath the waves of a never ending sea.

Recently, however, there have been rumors of land, and not just the small specks occasionally seen in the distance; they speak of lush green isles, flourishing with plants and teeming with animals. Of course, the High Confessor refuses to acknowledge these claims, as does the Head Captain. One of these claimants is a man named John Matthes, a worker in the lower vessel who once had a criminal record so large, he was placed in “the Pods” surrounding the great tree near the bow of the ship. When his son Seth begins to listen, the tensity increases. This is why he calls on you, his closest friends, to help prove his dad right. But with the High Confessor’s ears everywhere and a strict ban on the mention of land, is it even possible to convince the populace to abandon their sea life for the home of their fathers?

Find out in...

Imperitus Abyssi, the last floating bastion of humanity.

Looking for...

5 players to portray the friends of Seth; human preferred, can be custom characters.

Dating; yes
Sex; no
Cursing; yes, but please control it: keep it at a minimum, yes?

With that, who’s in?
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene.

Arcol Topic Starter

Openings; ripe for the picking here.
Clyde Loewner (played by MangoNekros)

Hmm........
Arcol Topic Starter

Clyde Whistler wrote:
Hmm........

Thinking about how your character could fit in? I neglected to mention other roles in the forum:

Current extra roles;
Captain of the Guard: TBD
Guards (human), at least 3: TBD
Herbalist: TBD
Mechanics, 3?: TBD

More to come
Arcol Topic Starter

Still looking...bump?
Arcol Topic Starter

C’mon...anyone?
Arcol Topic Starter

Still waiting...
Arcol wrote:
In a time far into our future, the world has been drowned by some unknown force. The survivors of this disaster were those who had prepared prior to the flood; enter the Imperitus Abyssi, a great ship designed to carry thousands of passengers, crew, and nobility. Under the jurisdiction of Head Captain Weathers and his advisor, High Confessor Meldach, the Abyssi has sailed in relative peace for nearly 25 years since our home was submerged beneath the waves of a never ending sea.

Recently, however, there have been rumors of land, and not just the small specks occasionally seen in the distance; they speak of lush green isles, flourishing with plants and teeming with animals. Of course, the High Confessor refuses to acknowledge these claims, as does the Head Captain. One of these claimants is a man named John Matthes, a worker in the lower vessel who once had a criminal record so large, he was placed in “the Pods” surrounding the great tree near the bow of the ship. When his son Seth begins to listen, the tensity increases. This is why he calls on you, his closest friends, to help prove his dad right. But with the High Confessor’s ears everywhere and a strict ban on the mention of land, is it even possible to convince the populace to abandon their sea life for the home of their fathers?

Find out in...

Looking for...

5 players to portray the friends of Seth; human preferred, can be custom characters.

Dating; yes
Sex; no

With that, who’s in?

Wow, i think i might be in.
This seems really interesting. I'd be happy to join.
Arcol Topic Starter

Surftailwarrior wrote:
Arcol wrote:

Find out in...

Looking for...

Dating; yes
Sex; no

With that, who’s in?

Wow, i think i might be in.

Wonderful! You can use any character here, though I’d prefer if they remain human or human-like...for the sake of lore, of course. Other than that, you can choose who you are and what your role is on the ship.
Arcol Topic Starter

Your_Typical_Potato wrote:
This seems really interesting. I'd be happy to join.

Excellent! Peddling this RP really paid off.

Ahem...

Great to hear. You can choose your position and role in the roleplay, but I’d prefer human to semi-human characters for lore purposes. I hope that isn’t a problem.
Arcol Topic Starter

Still looking for worthy volunteers and passengers on our maiden - and only - voyage!
Arcol Topic Starter

Still seeking worthy passengers to embark on humanity’s last voyage; tickets selling for 1500 American dollars.
Arcol Topic Starter

Step right up, don’t be shy; join the greatest voyage of mankind or be sunk like the rest of the world.
Can I join?
Arcol Topic Starter

NinzXtrmz wrote:
Can I join?

Of course; welcome aboard the Imperitus Abyssi, privileged passenger. Just one more person, and we can begin our voyage...into the unknown..!
Caliburn

I might be interested. Is this still open?
Arcol Topic Starter

All passengers up to this point are able to join our journey, though a few stragglers May tag along as well; we’re working to preserve humanity, even the poorer or later generations. Welcome aboard the Imperitus Abyssi.

((And with five, we can officially begin, unless you guys would rather wait for more?))
I don't mind starting))
Arcol Topic Starter

I’ll get the forum up and running; I just hope everyone here isn’t late for the journey...

The link is here...all aboard the Imperitus Abyssi.

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=77463

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Imperitus Abyssi (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus