Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Fighting The Past

I watched as a demon attacked the only family I had left, my brother. It clawed his chest wide open, coming close to ripping his heart off. I finally got the nerve to stand up and put my hands together, ready to cast a spell. "I ríchnei ti̱n psychí̱ sou sti̱n kólasi̱." I yelled in Greek, the demon let out a horrible screeching noise and burned in the fires of Hell as it's soul was forced to forever be in hell. I went to my brother's side, tears running down my cheeks. I fell to my knees as soon as I got to him. He had protected me from that demon and took every blow for me, even though he wasn't a wizard or a witch like me. He gently brush some of my light brown hair out of my violet eyes. "You can't die! No, you're all I have left!" I cried as he just softly smiled at me. "You have to go on, Abby. Please. For me, it is my dying wish." His last words came out slower as his hand fell lifelessly to his side. The life in his eyes was gone, the smile faded. "No! Don't leave me, Zane! No! Come back!" I shook my brother's cold body.

Abby woke up with a gasp as the memory of her brother's death came back to her in her sleep. She was shaking as she crawled out of bed, trying to shake off the dream. "It was only a memory, Abby. Get a hold of yourself." She sighed as she got ready for her job. Took a shower, dried her hair, got dressed, everything and left the house. Her black cat was sitting on the porch, sleeping in the rocking chair on the front porch. She smiled at the small animal and gently petted it's head before leaving for work. She was still shaken up from the dream but she was trying not to show it.
Madeline Bell (played by PandaGirl)

Madi walked along the narrow roads to the market for some free food again. The lady at the market liked her allot and always gave her less then perfect bread, sometimes burnt or sometimes underdone, but Madi didn't care as long as she got some food. She passed a dark alley as a hand shot out of the shadows and grabbed around her mouth, pulling her into the valley. "I know who you are freak." A male voice shouted out of the shadows, a glint of silver illuminating the darkness for a second before it tore into her sweatshirt, revealing her pure white wings. "Look what we have here boys, an Angel freak. The voice said pushing Madi onto the ground and shoving the knife into her leg, staining her only pair of jeans she owned. Madi screamed for help, but doubted anyone would come to save her this time.

((I hope she isn't too young for you. :P))
Isobel (played anonymously)

Isobel jerked awake at the sound of scream for help. She'd been having another nightmare about before she'd escaped. She was on top of one of the buildings that made the alley. There was no way she could get down to where the struggle was in time. Not if she tried climbing down. She silently made her way toward the edge, shedding her windbreaker as she went. She gripped the dagger she always carried and wished that the alley was big enough to use her staff. Then she jumped. Her wings opened slightly to keep her from going splat! as a normal person might from this height. Isobel landed right in the middle of the group, going into action before she even touched the ground. She kicked one guy in the neck as she came down, a sickening snap resounding in the alley. She had only a few moments before they realized what had happened and countered her attack. She stabbed another in the gut, kicking another in the throat as she pushed the one she'd stabbed. Three down. That left only one other, the one holding the girl. That is, unless there was one she couldn't hear.

Isobel was dark where Madeline was light. Her hair and wings were as black as Madeline's were white, and, most disturbing about her, bandages covered her eyes. They were slightly worn and bloodied, though some of the blood was from the recent fight. She hoped the girl had taken the chance when her captor's attention was drawn away.

Madi took advantage of the distraction and shot up from the ground, bringing her leg up to the mans crotch. He wouldn't have babies for the rest of his life. She flipped over him and planted a kick on his back as she landed behind him, breaking his spinal cord. The alley was now covered in blood from the men, her, and the girl who saved her.

"Thanks." Madi said, adrenaline draining from her body. Her leg hurt like hell now from the knife and the only way to make it better was to take it out. Bracing herself against the wall, Madi yanked the blood stained knife from her leg with a little scream and threw the knife into the man's skull. "Take that you bastard." She said spitting on his face and turning to the girl again. "That's all of them right?" she asked shaking a little at the thought that more people could be hiding.

Isobel nodded. "We should probably leave now though, before someone finds the bodies." She was still fidgety, left over energy and adrenaline still going through her. Her heart was in her mouth but she ignored it as best as she could. She wiped the blood off her dagger on her jeans. She tried to think of a way for Madeline to escape unseen. Isobel hadn't heard the first part of the thug's conversation and couldn't see her wings, so she assumed Madeline was a normal human, simply at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Witch way?" Madi asked looking around and picking up her jacket, hurriedly putting it on. She hadn't seen the other girl's wings either, Madi had just assumed that the girl had jumped off the roof, or shimmied down the drainpipe. Madi pondered how the girl got down while she walked back over to the girl, wings hidden in her jacket.

"This way." Isobel started walking down the alley away from where Madeline had come in. She listened for sounds of others coming down the alley, but the only sound was the patter of their footsteps and a rat scurrying away. She relaxed a little bit. "I'm Isobel by the way."

Madi followed Isobel out the alley. "I'm Madeline...." She said hesitantly. Why didn't I give her a fake name? "But most people call me Madi or freak...." she said trailing off into silence. It was still pretty cold outside and her leg was beginning to feel numb.

Isobel stayed slightly ahead. Freak? Well, maybe she won't be as weirded out by my wings... Once she felt they were far enough away, she stopped. "Did you get hurt, Madi?"She hadn't had time to ask before, but now they could relax.

"Yeah, one of them stabbed my leg..." Madi said taking out her pocket knife and cutting open her jeans above the wound.

Isobel felt a little guilty for not asking earlier now, but she nodded and put her hand on Madi's shoulder. She concentrated and let healing energy flow from her hand into Madi's body and heal up her leg. "Better?"

Madeline sighed in relief as her leg wound slowly closed, leaving her jeans bloodstained and a light pink scar where the knife had been implanted. "How did you do that?" Madi asked curiously, Rubbing her leg.

Isobel shrugged, as if it wasn't that big of a deal that she'd been able to heal Madi. "I guess the best explanation would be that I can control energies, and if I'm touching another person, I have the ability to control theirs also to an extent. Like speeding up the healing process."

"Cool." Madi said emerging from the alleyway. "It was nice to meet you." Madi added glancing at her watch. "Oh, I'm late for work. If you want, you can come and get some food?" Madi asked messing with the hem of her shirt.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Fighting The Past

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus