Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Relationship Statistics?

Right, I apologize if I'm making no sense at all, but I'm hoping someone might have an idea as to what I'm on about.

On my characters' connections, I'm trying to add some additional information, regarding the various elements of that relationship, so things like trust, respect, attraction, fondness, etc. I'm just struggling to think of other factors that I could use, for example, what I can replace attraction with for more platonic relationships such as family or friends.

In the end, I'll be wanting it to look something like this:

Attraction: ◼◼◼◻◻ | Fondness: ◼◼◻◻◻ | Respect: ◼◼◼◼◻ | Trust: ◼◻◻◻◻

So if anyone has any ideas as to what I could use, I'd be really grateful for any and all suggestions.
RimCaster

I think flexible stats would be a answer.
Grim-Blue Topic Starter

RimCaster wrote:

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by flexible stats? I'm simply after some elements of friendship similar to trust, respect, fondness and attraction?
Off the top of my head I can only really think of the following;

Chemistry: the natural connection between your characters
Enjoyment: how much fun your character has with the person in question
Reliability: similar to that of trust, but how reliable this person is to your character
Closeness: i guess this is similar to a bond, but how close they are
Stability: how strong the foundations of their friendship are, so do they argue often, or are they pretty solid?
Grim-Blue Topic Starter

Mintelle wrote:
Off the top of my head I can only really think of the following;

Chemistry: the natural connection between your characters
Enjoyment: how much fun your character has with the person in question
Reliability: similar to that of trust, but how reliable this person is to your character
Closeness: i guess this is similar to a bond, but how close they are
Stability: how strong the foundations of their friendship are, so do they argue often, or are they pretty solid?

I like the idea of Stability, thanks for the idea!
Erica Norvik (played by Rogue-Scribe)

You could post that in the text field of the character relationship. I saw this and experimented and you do have some text room. I fit this:
  • Chemistry: the natural connection between your characters
  • Enjoyment: how much fun your character has with the person in question
  • Reliability: similar to that of trust, but how reliable this person is to your character
  • Closeness: i guess this is similar to a bond, but how close they are
  • Stability: how strong the foundations of their friendship are, so do they argue often, or are they pretty solid?

in the text box but anything more than what I have above would likely hit the limit. That said, you could simply list what you have in your first post like this in the character connection text field, copying and pasting the amount of filled and unfilled squares..
  • Attraction: ◼◼◼◻◻
  • Fondness: ◼◼◻◻◻
  • Respect: ◼◼◼◼◻
  • Trust: ◼◻◻◻◻
Grim-Blue wrote:
RimCaster wrote:

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by flexible stats? I'm simply after some elements of friendship similar to trust, respect, fondness and attraction?
Rim’s talking about the flexible stats widget in character creation, it’ll save you doing the BBcode from scratch
Grim-Blue Topic Starter

SunnyD wrote:
Grim-Blue wrote:
RimCaster wrote:

Rim’s talking about the flexible stats widget in character creation, it’ll save you doing the BBcode from scratch

Oh I see! I don't have any issues doing the BB Code, it's the actual stat's I'm looking for examples of. I can't think of any except for the ones listed above, so I'm trying to think of ones to demonstrate how close the characters are, how much they trust each other, etc.
Sanne Moderator

Hey guys!

Just a moderator heads-up that I moved this topic from the Help forum to the RP Discussion forum. Grim-Blue is looking for help on the character profile's content rather than asking for help using the right site widgets, as some of you so helpfully suggested!

I hope you'll have a fun time brain storming on which statistics to use. :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Relationship Statistics?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus