Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat :: Vendors of the Trader's Hub

((Characters of all kinds are welcome to this thread. Please note that each of the quoted segments here are mostly for my own reference; if you would like to include the result of your roll to your post, feel free to do so. If you want to know what exactly the games are that are being hosted, please read the post thoroughly and carefully.))
fot_by_freejayfly-dcpk8q1.gif

'Festival of Terrors', that is what the large banner read that welcomed people to the festival grounds. There were decorations of carved pumpkins with lights within them, faux cobwebs strewn from corners of stalls and posts, flagged streamers that connected some attractions, and smells of varying festival foods wafting along the walkways that snaked through the whole of the festival.

There are six stalls that are in relatively close proximity of one another that create a kind of cul-de-sac, and it seems like all of the owners know one another. There is friendly banter between the stall owners between free time when no one is occupying their time, and it seems like there are trades between them as the night progresses.

It looks like you have a myriad of choices to visit, or you can choose to visit them all if you so please.

At the far left of the cul-de-sac, there is a stall that is operated by a woman dressed in something more cute and fetching rather than something that instils any kind of fear or terror. Her hair is dyed -- mostly pink, but it looks like her bangs are blonde. Her costume is that of what seems like a forest nymph; a flower wreath sits upon her head, her ears are decorated with faux extensions to make them appear more elf-like, she wears flowery robes of earthy tones, and has some fairy wings affixed to her back.

This woman mans the bobbing for apples stall. Some of the more eye catching prizes seem to be varying stuffed animals that are wearing a couple articles of clothing that are in the spirit of the festival.

Quote:
Roll a d10
  1. A small baggie of assorted sweets
  2. A small baggie of assorted party favours
  3. A decent sized chocolate bar
  4. A stuffed bear that is wearing a witch's hat
  5. 3 decently sized chocolate bars
  6. A small stuffed owl inside a stuffed pumpkin
  7. A small pumpkin bucket with assorted toys and sweets
  8. A stuffed doggy with vampire teeth and a cape
  9. A medium sized baggie of assorted party favours and sweets
  10. A stuffed cat with bandages like a mummy

Next is another woman, her hair golden and tied back into a bun, and her costume more elegant. She wears a masquerade mask decorated with feathers on the left side and sequins all along the article. Her dress seems like something you would find at an evening party more than a 'festival of terrors'. When the light catches it right, her midnight blue dress shimmers and seems to have hints of green and red where the light reflects off of it.

The stall that this woman oversees what looks like a kind of raffle booth -- there is an item on the stall counter that has a crank on it, when you turn it, it seems that a small ball of a certain colour will be deposited into a tray.

Quote:
Roll a d6
  1. White: A small toy and candy
  2. Green: A soda or a juice box
  3. Red: A small figure of an animal of your choice sitting on top of a pumpkin
  4. Blue: A sealed container of festival cotton candy in shades of orange and purple
  5. Yellow: A handful of candies and/or toys
  6. Gold: A medium sized stuffed animal of your choice that comes with a small pack of candies

Not too far away from her, there is a black-haired man that is running the stall for a skee ball range that can house up to three simultaneous players. It does not really look like he is wearing a costume in the slightest. His clothes are a kind of muted steel grey and their appearance is sharp, as if he is going to be part of a business meeting or as if he is going to a formal event. There is also a medical eye patch that covers his right eye.

It seems that if you are here to partake in having a go at the skee ball game, you are allowed ten balls to roll into the point slots.

Quote:
Roll a d6 x10 - You have ten rolls!
(Be sure not to roll them all at the same time, add each roll individually at the bottom of the post box if you want to do them all at once in a post!)
  1. 10 points
  2. 20 points
  3. 30 points
  4. 40 points
  5. 50 points
  6. 100 points
  • 100-150 points: A small collection of assorted candies
  • 160-200 points: A small collection of assorted candies and toys
  • 210-300 points: A spooky mask of your choice
  • 310 - 450 points: A decent sized collection of assorted candies and toys
  • 460-550 points: A small stuffed animal collectable with either a cape or a witch's hat
  • 560-790 points: A medium sized stuffed animal collectable with mummy wraps or a witch's broom
  • 800-990 points: A goldfish
  • 1000 points: A collectable stuffed animal with the festival theme and a bucket of treats

Fourth is a stall manned by who looks like an elf with dark skin and powder blue hair. He is leaning back in his chair, his feet on the counter of the stall -- but he looks like he is pretty happy and confident about the happenings that evening. His costume appearance seems kind of reminiscent of a less flamboyant pirate or swashbuckler, with his button up tunic, sash with scimitar at his side, beige breeches, and knee-high boots. There is also a bandanna tied around his head, his hair sticking up here and there where the fabric pushes his hair.

The stall that this guy seems to be in charge of is the shooting range. The guns are nothing too fabulous. In fact, each gun is a BB gun that is allotted five shots each.

Quote:
Roll a d100 x5 - You have five shots!
(Be sure not to roll them all at the same time, add each roll individually at the bottom of the post box if you want to do them all at once in a post!)
  • 1-20: 5 points
  • 21-40: 6 points
  • 41-60: 7 points
  • 61-80: 8 points
  • 81-90: 9 points
  • 91-100: 10 points
  • 25-30 points: A baggie of assorted candies
  • 31-35 points: A baggie of assorted candies and toys
  • 35-40 points: A small collectable stuffed toy with a festive flair
  • 41-49 points: A medium collectable stuffed black cat with a small bucket of treats and goods
  • 50 points: A large collectable stuffed animal of your choice with festive flair and a small bucket of treats and goods

The fifth stall is the only stall that happens to be headed by two feminine individuals -- they look rather identical in appearance save for their hair, ear, and tail colours. Where one young woman's hair is white, her fox ears and tail are black with white tips. Then the other young woman has black hair with snowy white fox ears and tail with black tips. The similarities between them are their height, faces, and the golden eyes. Other than that, the costumes that they bear are both different; the white haired woman dons the outfit of a bloodied nurse, ragged bandages topping off the look they were going for. The black haired woman is dressed like a ninja, a belt of tools slung over their shoulder, and a belt of weapons hanging tightly around her waist.

Their stall is a little different -- there are varying floral and sweet scents from their booth -- perhaps a result from the varying phials of liquids that they have out on display. It seems that you can choose to drink from one of the ten types of potions that they have available.

Quote:
Roll a d8
  1. The phial you choose is a viscous, green, apple-flavoured mix. It makes flowers sprout from your hair temporarily.
  2. This phial has a purple, thin, sweet smelling, chocolate-flavoured concoction. It gives you random horns on your head and face for a short time.
  3. This phial has a red, kind of spicy kick to its smell, but its taste is like sipping a sangria. It causes your skin to change colours temporarily.
  4. This phial has a mixture that shimmers and swirls, it is silvery in colour, and has a sweet and minty kind of taste to it.
    It makes you glow a soft hue of colour for a short amount of time.
  5. The phial you choose has a blue liquid in it that has a hint of a sour kick to it, the flavour is actually something that seems appropriate: sour blue raspberry. This concoction causes you to grow fur all over you body for a short time.
  6. This phial looks like it has melted chocolate in it and seems to have almost the same consistency -- it also smells like it. Is it just chocolate? Sure tastes like it.... This mixture makes anything you eat taste like chocolate for the rest of the night.
  7. The phial you choose has a glowing, yellow mix that smells akin to vanilla, it tastes more like a piña colada more than anything. This mix seems to make you suddenly have a type of night vision that will last for the rest of the night.
  8. This phial has an orange liquid in it and has a rather strong, savoury smell that comes from it as soon as you open the top. It tastes like a Thanksgiving dinner. The effect this gives you makes you feel light as a feather -- and it seems like your steps are as airy as you feel; you appear to be floating a couple inches from the ground. You have a small floating spell that is affecting you for a short time.

The last stall has a man with red hair with the tips dyed black. Red fox-like ears are visible upon his head, and he seems to have more than one tail, unlike the sisters at one of the prior stalls. He is wearing a suit jacket with a ruffled collar that has some fake blood dripped onto it. There is also a cape at his shoulders and back, and the faux fangs that protrude from his mouth seem to indicate he is attempting some impersonation of the Human stories' Dracula.

There is a wheel behind this dressed up man that appears to have only ten options that it can stop on after being spun.

Quote:
Roll a d10
(For some of these, it may be wise to check The Trader's Hub profile and click 'Test Your Luck'!)
  1. A choice between a candied apple, chocolate coated apple, or caramel apple (though there appears to be alternatives nearby for anyone allergic)
  2. Five packs of trading cards of your choice
  3. A Flowering Bulb? Huh, alright then...
  4. Star Piece, whatever that means
  5. A Geode -- hope you are a rock enthusiast
  6. A Charged Crystal; shocking!
  7. A Magical Ember; surprisingly, it is not hot, nor does it seem to radiate too much heat in general
  8. A Crystal Egg; well, it looks neat enough for a rock collection
  9. Sealed Spectre; surely it is just called that for the Festival of Terrors, right?
  10. A Translucent Orb; you kind of get the feeling it is looking at you... gross...
Flynn Auburn (played anonymously)

“I’ll try my hand at this” he smiled a little as he played the games. He laughed a little as his twin tried to distract him while playing, hoping for him to win something for her. “Lucy will you stop?” He asked before he started bobbing for apples.

”Maybe, I will try and stop” Lucy replied with, watching her brother pull and apple out. ”Yay you got an APPLEEEEEE” she giggled.


(is it ok Flynn anon? I had someone who was really disturbing me with his profile on my old account so I made him anon on this one)

rolled 1d10 and got 7
Bobbing for apples

rolled 1d6 and got 3
Raffle booth

rolled 1d10 and got 9
Wheel

Evelyn (played by Somnom)

Evelyn had a hard time choosing which way she wanted to go. Usually, if she was with someone, she'd go along with whatever they picked, but she had shown up alone this time and seemed as if she would stand there for hours on end while considering her various options. She was wearing a gothic style dress, one with fake velvet and bell-shaped sleeves, a witch's hat with a buckle on it sitting on her head though it didn't hide her mint-green locks of hair.

She loved skee ball, even though she had only played it once before and was terrible at it...but she also wanted to try her luck at spinning the wheel. After what seemed like far too long, she decided to go to the stall manned by Jaysen. "Hi there!" she said with a wide smile on her black painted lips. "This whole thing is such a cool set up. And you look very nice too!" Her words were genuine, Evelyn not having an ounce of meanness in her entirely body.

Picking up the her first ball, she tossed it down the lane. Her throws were careful and gentle, as if she were afraid that something might break if she was too hard with the rolls. Her teeth clamped down on the tip of her tongue, brows furrowing in concentration. One after the other, the balls were rolled, excited exclamation coming from her after each one no matter the point amount it garnered.

((Crap, so so so soooo sorry. My number dyslexia got me screwed up on the rolls... :( ))

rolled 1d10 and got 3
Ball #1

rolled 1d10 and got 7
Ball #2

rolled 1d10 and got 4
Ball #3

rolled 1d10 and got 5
Ball #4

rolled 1d10 and got 5
Ball #5

rolled 1d10 and got 7
Ball #6

rolled 1d10 and got 2
Ball #7

rolled 1d10 and got 2
Ball #8

rolled 1d10 and got 1
Ball #9

Evelyn (played by Somnom)

Evelyn managed to roll nine balls down the lane before she needed to take a break, giving Jaysen a smile and laughing, "This is harder than I thought." It was with the tenth ball that she seemed to hesitate and linger, as if trying to pour every ounce of luck she had into this last one.


((Again, my deepest apologies for the clutter and for me messing up the rolls the first time around. ))

rolled 1d6 and got 1
Actual Ball #1

rolled 1d6 and got 3
Actual Ball #2

rolled 1d6 and got 4
Actual Ball #3

rolled 1d6 and got 4
Actual Ball #4

rolled 1d6 and got 3
Actual Ball #5

rolled 1d6 and got 6
Actual Ball #6

rolled 1d6 and got 1
Actual Ball #7

rolled 1d6 and got 5
Actual Ball #8

rolled 1d6 and got 6
Actual Ball #9

Dorothy Parsons (played by Juls)

Dorothy Parsons eyed the dark elf that was decked out like a pirate a bit suspiciously, but the stall with the shooting range seemed right in her wheel house.

“Can I give it a try?” She asked, picking up one of the BB guns, giving it a quick inspection. Probably shot crooked as hell. Ah well, there were plenty of targets. Probably she'd hit something... She pumped it up a few times, then took aim at a few of the pumpkins and pulled the trigger 5 times fast.


gl-1426879-1571410310.png


((Edit: Points: 8, 6, 7, 8, 6 = 35))

rolled 1d100 and got 69
Shot 1

rolled 1d100 and got 22
Shot 2

rolled 1d100 and got 64
Shot 3

rolled 1d100 and got 63
Shot 4

rolled 1d100 and got 22
Shot 5

((Sorry! Not neglecting this, I promise! :'D I WILL respond to everyone's posts! I just didn't realise it was already pretty much the weekend by the time I posted it, and I'm going to be gone over this weekend of the 18th through to the 20th. When I am back, though, I will respond to everything and hand out the prizes! :>))
Flynn Auburn wrote:
See more
“I’ll try my hand at this” he smiled a little as he played the games. He laughed a little as his twin tried to distract him while playing, hoping for him to win something for her. “Lucy will you stop?” He asked before he started bobbing for apples.

”Maybe, I will try and stop” Lucy replied with, watching her brother pull and apple out. ”Yay you got an APPLEEEEEE” she giggled.


(is it ok Flynn anon? I had someone who was really disturbing me with his profile on my old account so I made him anon on this one)

((Perfectly fine and understandable! :> I'm not too fussed with anon characters during events like this, either. ^_^ Characters are rewarded individually anyway, and this isn't an actual raffle that has strict OOC rules on the nature of being in a raffle, giveaway, or anything of the like that would make being anon frowned upon. :'D))

The lady at the stall of the apple bobbing attraction smiled to the two that approached. She watched them -- primarily Flynn -- making sure that they followed the rules that had been hung from the awning of her arrangement. Other than that, she really only got a chance to tell the two what number they had gotten before pulling a purple, festive plastic bucket filled with treats and goodies to the brim.

Waving them off, Pixie wished the duo a good rest of the time with the other attractions that the Festival of Terrors had to offer that were not rides, the festival food stalls, or the haunted house.

As the twins reached Viola's stall, the woman greeted them with a flourish before sweeping a hand toward the raffle machine that dispensed the different coloured orbs. She seemed to smile broadly as she watched the crank get turned. The plastic orbs within rattled and clacked together before a shiny red one was finally dispensed.

Clapping her hands together, Viola directed their attention to the different plastic figures of varying animals sitting on top of equally varying jack-o-lanterns. She urged them to have a pick of any one of the figures available that fit their taste. Once chosen, Viola waved them off as it seemed Llyr's booth attracted the both of them with his unusual splendours available.

Happy enough to allow the two to take the wheel for a spin, Llyr's ears flicked back and then forward as the plastic arrow produced a series of rhythmic clicks as the pegs were spun through. Eventually, the wheel would come to a halt, and that was when Llyr finally had a look. His brow went up, and there was a hint of deviousness to his expression as his lips curved up into a sly smirk.

With some theatrics and use of his sleight of hand skills, Llyr had produced an interesting wooden box with what looked to have been painted on runes before the twins that had come to his stall.

"With your prize, it is likely that the fun of All Hallow's Eve might never come to an end~" Llyr teased as he observed the box before setting it down before Flynn. "I trust that you'll be careful with such an item. You never know what kind of horrors might... leap out at you as soon as you open it."

It was hard to discern, fully, if the man were joking or not. Despite his smile, there was this particular glint in his eye that might have hinted his warning might have been serious.



Evelyn wrote:
See more
Evelyn had a hard time choosing which way she wanted to go. Usually, if she was with someone, she'd go along with whatever they picked, but she had shown up alone this time and seemed as if she would stand there for hours on end while considering her various options. She was wearing a gothic style dress, one with fake velvet and bell-shaped sleeves, a witch's hat with a buckle on it sitting on her head though it didn't hide her mint-green locks of hair.

She loved skee ball, even though she had only played it once before and was terrible at it...but she also wanted to try her luck at spinning the wheel. After what seemed like far too long, she decided to go to the stall manned by Jaysen. "Hi there!" she said with a wide smile on her black painted lips. "This whole thing is such a cool set up. And you look very nice too!" Her words were genuine, Evelyn not having an ounce of meanness in her entirely body.

Picking up the her first ball, she tossed it down the lane. Her throws were careful and gentle, as if she were afraid that something might break if she was too hard with the rolls. Her teeth clamped down on the tip of her tongue, brows furrowing in concentration. One after the other, the balls were rolled, excited exclamation coming from her after each one no matter the point amount it garnered.

((Crap, so so so soooo sorry. My number dyslexia got me screwed up on the rolls... :( ))

--

Evelyn managed to roll nine balls down the lane before she needed to take a break, giving Jaysen a smile and laughing, "This is harder than I thought." It was with the tenth ball that she seemed to hesitate and linger, as if trying to pour every ounce of luck she had into this last one.


((Again, my deepest apologies for the clutter and for me messing up the rolls the first time around. ))

((It's all good, no worries! ; v ; /))

Jaysen waved to Evelyn with the hint of a smile on his lips as she complimented him, however, he stayed rather quiet for the most part. It seemed that once she had gotten herself set up at one of the skee ball stalls, the man was considerate enough to keep to himself so as not to distract her. He watched as she took up the skee balls and started to get them rolled over into the designated points slots.

Eventually, the electronic sign read '4 1 0'. This prompted Jaysen to give a small golf clap to Evelyn, congratulating her, before he turned to pull a medium sized, heavy duty plastic bag that was black and decorated with white ink in a festive nature of a witch and a cat.

"Your prize, miss." Jaysen started, handing off the prize. "And... thank you. For both your visit and your compliment. I dare say that you also look quite fetching yourself this evening. I'm sure my friend over at the raffle booth would be most happy to meet with you. Your dressage this night seems much up her alley."

Inside the bag, there was a good amount of candy as well as some stuffed and not-so-stuffed toys within. There happened to have been enough room for another good few items if the owner was willing enough to tote it around and use it.



Dorothy Parsons wrote:
See more
Dorothy Parsons eyed the dark elf that was decked out like a pirate a bit suspiciously, but the stall with the shooting range seemed right in her wheel house.

“Can I give it a try?” She asked, picking up one of the BB guns, giving it a quick inspection. Probably shot crooked as hell. Ah well, there were plenty of targets. Probably she'd hit something... She pumped it up a few times, then took aim at a few of the pumpkins and pulled the trigger 5 times fast.


gl-1426879-1571410310.png


((Edit: Points: 8, 6, 7, 8, 6 = 35))

((Aaaa, thank you kindly for making my life easier. :'D ♥))

"Sure thing~" Daedalus replied to the first person to approach his stall that night. He had a relaxed demeanour about him as he leaned back his chair, separated by small, wooden wall with a thick plastic window from the shooting gallery next to him. Once Dorothy had picked up one of the guns, he had eyed the woman through the window, watching her handle the gun quite expertly.

A pity that most of the attractions props or tools he and the others were forced to use or distribute were sometimes faulty.

However, once all five shots had been expended, Daedalus got up from his seat and had a look around at the targets that were set up on the stands. It was a new way of doing his booth instead of having a boring slip of marksman cards hanging some odd ten to fifteen feet away.

Totalling up the shots and seemingly raising his brow with some consideration, Daedalus went to where the prizes were and pulled up a neatly organised tray of stuffed animals. They all seemed to have been of different kinds of dogs and cats, each with different kinds of costumes or accessories.

"Well, looks like you get your pick of one of these fellas~ Whichever one catches your eye, feel free to claim that 'un as rightfully yours~"




((@ w @ Also just want to let everyone know that I'll be working on some pixel badges to hand out when I have more time (and also, for some, when they have their character choose their prize if given the option!). Sorry for the delay on those! But everyone will get them in their Inboxes when they're done. ^__^ ))
Dorothy Parsons (played by Juls)

Dorothy Parsons wrote:
See more
Dorothy Parsons eyed the dark elf that was decked out like a pirate a bit suspiciously, but the stall with the shooting range seemed right in her wheel house.

“Can I give it a try?” She asked, picking up one of the BB guns, giving it a quick inspection. Probably shot crooked as hell. Ah well, there were plenty of targets. Probably she'd hit something... She pumped it up a few times, then took aim at a few of the pumpkins and pulled the trigger 5 times fast.


gl-1426879-1571410310.png


((Edit: Points: 8, 6, 7, 8, 6 = 35))
Daedalus wrote:
See more


((Aaaa, thank you kindly for making my life easier. :'D ♥))

"Sure thing~" Daedalus replied to the first person to approach his stall that night. He had a relaxed demeanour about him as he leaned back his chair, separated by small, wooden wall with a thick plastic window from the shooting gallery next to him. Once Dorothy had picked up one of the guns, he had eyed the woman through the window, watching her handle the gun quite expertly.

A pity that most of the attractions props or tools he and the others were forced to use or distribute were sometimes faulty.

However, once all five shots had been expended, Daedalus got up from his seat and had a look around at the targets that were set up on the stands. It was a new way of doing his booth instead of having a boring slip of marksman cards hanging some odd ten to fifteen feet away.

Totalling up the shots and seemingly raising his brow with some consideration, Daedalus went to where the prizes were and pulled up a neatly organised tray of stuffed animals. They all seemed to have been of different kinds of dogs and cats, each with different kinds of costumes or accessories.

"Well, looks like you get your pick of one of these fellas~ Whichever one catches your eye, feel free to claim that 'un as rightfully yours~"


"Look'it that! Didn't even shoot my eye out!" Dorothy said, a little bit of a grin on her face as she set down the BB gun. She was satisfied enough with her shots. It was about as accurate as that old Enfield that Flinch had started her practicing with a couple years before. That thing probably had been shot nearly a thousand times over its life if Flinch's war stories were to be half-way believed and the barrel was getting pretty worn out.

Probably wasn't that different with these BB guns. Well, other than the war part of course.

"You shoot 'em all once the customers go home?" she asked the elf that was dressed as a pirate. She probably would if she worked here. Seemed like an okay kinda gig.

She looked over the tray of stuffed animals. She was too old for such, but couldn't help but inspect each one, trying to hide the fact that she was a little bit excited about picking one out. "Guess this kitten is alright," she said, picking up one that was cream colored with darker legs and wore a red bow tie. "Looks like a gentlemen of the first water."
Flynn Auburn (played anonymously)

Lucy chose a small kitten sitting on a pumpkin, smiling."Its so cute!" she giggled a little, following Flynn to the wheel. "What are you doing?"

Flynn smiled a little, spinning the wheel. When Llyr said his little speech Flynn smiled. "Nice"

Lucy looked at the box, wondering what was inside. "I-Is it really evil?"

"Its cool no matter what and I honestly wanna be surprised so for once you dont get ti have all the info" he pulled Lucy away while putting the box in his bag.

They both left as there wasn't anything else that really interested them.
Hanley (played anonymously)

Hanley wandered around looking at the stalls set up everywhere, taking in the sights of shooting games, apple bobbing, raffles, and other games. Candy and toys, stuffed animals, and brightly colored tickets; hot food and drinks, music, and laughter and chatter; it was like a bouquet to the senses. The elegant game and ware masters were mysterious and intriguing, but Hanley found herself walking towards one stall in particular. Two beautiful feline ladies were... Womanning the booth, and several shining phials were on display. Multicolored, glittering, luminescent, hypnotically colored; they were an interesting sight, and Hanley sauntered over toward the stall.
"Hello, ladies," she said with a smile. She looked across the potions and tried to choose. The scents wafted out of some; the crystalline bottles glinted slightly. Hanley chose one almost at random, unable to decide a little more intellectually. The bottles were mesmerizing, and made her feel somewhat dizzy. She hoped they weren't dangerous, but whatever the case she had a hypo in her bag, all charged up.

"I'd like... This one, please," Hanley said.

rolled 1d8 and got 2

Dorothy Parsons wrote:
See more
"Look'it that! Didn't even shoot my eye out!" Dorothy said, a little bit of a grin on her face as she set down the BB gun. She was satisfied enough with her shots. It was about as accurate as that old Enfield that Flinch had started her practicing with a couple years before. That thing probably had been shot nearly a thousand times over its life if Flinch's war stories were to be half-way believed and the barrel was getting pretty worn out.

Probably wasn't that different with these BB guns. Well, other than the war part of course.

"You shoot 'em all once the customers go home?" she asked the elf that was dressed as a pirate. She probably would if she worked here. Seemed like an okay kinda gig.

She looked over the tray of stuffed animals. She was too old for such, but couldn't help but inspect each one, trying to hide the fact that she was a little bit excited about picking one out. "Guess this kitten is alright," she said, picking up one that was cream colored with darker legs and wore a red bow tie. "Looks like a gentlemen of the first water."

If there was a reference there, Daedalus did not seem to catch it. He had simply smiled with a somewhat amused scoff that escaped his lips.

"Ah... nah. I leave that to either man at the skee ball stalls, or the one with the wheel of fortune," Daedalus replied. "Not to say that I can't, I just prefer the feel of other kinds'a weapons."

Watching as Dorothy picked out one of the prizes, Daedalus smiled a bit more warmly. Only a bit.

"Well, he's certainly yours if you want 'im. You earned it."



Flynn Auburn wrote:
See more
Lucy chose a small kitten sitting on a pumpkin, smiling."Its so cute!" she giggled a little, following Flynn to the wheel. "What are you doing?"

Flynn smiled a little, spinning the wheel. When Llyr said his little speech Flynn smiled. "Nice"

Lucy looked at the box, wondering what was inside. "I-Is it really evil?"


"I suppose that's for you to find out..." Llyr started, a devious smile on his face. "If you're brave enough."



Hanley wrote:
See more
Hanley wandered around looking at the stalls set up everywhere, taking in the sights of shooting games, apple bobbing, raffles, and other games. Candy and toys, stuffed animals, and brightly colored tickets; hot food and drinks, music, and laughter and chatter; it was like a bouquet to the senses. The elegant game and ware masters were mysterious and intriguing, but Hanley found herself walking towards one stall in particular. Two beautiful feline ladies were... Womanning the booth, and several shining phials were on display. Multicolored, glittering, luminescent, hypnotically colored; they were an interesting sight, and Hanley sauntered over toward the stall.
"Hello, ladies," she said with a smile. She looked across the potions and tried to choose. The scents wafted out of some; the crystalline bottles glinted slightly. Hanley chose one almost at random, unable to decide a little more intellectually. The bottles were mesmerizing, and made her feel somewhat dizzy. She hoped they weren't dangerous, but whatever the case she had a hypo in her bag, all charged up.

"I'd like... This one, please," Hanley said.

As Hanely approached and skimmed over the different potions, Mana only watched with a placid expression on her face while her sister, Roin, had her vulpine ears perk forward as a smile spread across her face. Roin's tail twitched from side to side. Picking up the phial, she handed it off to the attendee with glee.

The phial that Hanely chose contained a purple liquid that tasted sweet of chocolate. A few seconds would pass before the effects would take place if drank. The effects of the drink would cause random horns to grow on one's head, and perhaps smaller ones from their face.
Evelyn (played by Somnom)

The Trader wrote:
See more
Jaysen waved to Evelyn with the hint of a smile on his lips as she complimented him, however, he stayed rather quiet for the most part. It seemed that once she had gotten herself set up at one of the skee ball stalls, the man was considerate enough to keep to himself so as not to distract her. He watched as she took up the skee balls and started to get them rolled over into the designated points slots.

Eventually, the electronic sign read '4 1 0'. This prompted Jaysen to give a small golf clap to Evelyn, congratulating her, before he turned to pull a medium sized, heavy duty plastic bag that was black and decorated with white ink in a festive nature of a witch and a cat.

"Your prize, miss." Jaysen started, handing off the prize. "And... thank you. For both your visit and your compliment. I dare say that you also look quite fetching yourself this evening. I'm sure my friend over at the raffle booth would be most happy to meet with you. Your dressage this night seems much up her alley."

Inside the bag, there was a good amount of candy as well as some stuffed and not-so-stuffed toys within. There happened to have been enough room for another good few items if the owner was willing enough to tote it around and use it.

Even though Jaysen was giving her space to do her thing, she still watched him in the corner of her sights. Evelyn looked way too excited and way too happy, even though her total score for the skee ball game wasn't all that high. "Oh holy crap," she said as the massive bag of a prize was handed her way. Taking it in both arms, she looked at him with slightly wide eyes. "Are you sure that this is all for me? Like, you didn't make some sort of mistake, did you?" she asked with a nervous laughter.

Adjusting her grip on the bag, she smiled brightly to Jaysen, "Aaand thank you for the compliment! And the stuff, for sure. Super generous and nice and kind of you to be doing this sort of thing for Halloween." Her head turned towards the raffle booth when it was mentioned, a brow raising upwards, "Are you sure? I mean, I don't want anything else. I already had so much! Maybe I'll just say hi...?"

Evelyn shifted around a bit, ensuring that her arms were wrapped around the bag firmly before she asked, "So, umm. Not to be rude, but...I kinda want to know what's in the bag? But I don't want to open it, you know, in case I'm a total idiot and dump it out all over the place or the bag rips or something..."

((Sorry for the super delayed and not so stellar reply! Between the wild fires in the state, the mass power shut offs, and additional plus long work shifts, I haven't had much free time. :( ))
Dorothy Parsons (played by Juls)

Dorothy Parsons wrote:
See more
"Look'it that! Didn't even shoot my eye out!" Dorothy said, a little bit of a grin on her face as she set down the BB gun. She was satisfied enough with her shots. It was about as accurate as that old Enfield that Flinch had started her practicing with a couple years before. That thing probably had been shot nearly a thousand times over its life if Flinch's war stories were to be half-way believed and the barrel was getting pretty worn out.

Probably wasn't that different with these BB guns. Well, other than the war part of course.

"You shoot 'em all once the customers go home?" she asked the elf that was dressed as a pirate. She probably would if she worked here. Seemed like an okay kinda gig.

She looked over the tray of stuffed animals. She was too old for such, but couldn't help but inspect each one, trying to hide the fact that she was a little bit excited about picking one out. "Guess this kitten is alright," she said, picking up one that was cream colored with darker legs and wore a red bow tie. "Looks like a gentlemen of the first water."
Daedalus wrote:
See more

If there was a reference there, Daedalus did not seem to catch it. He had simply smiled with a somewhat amused scoff that escaped his lips.

"Ah... nah. I leave that to either man at the skee ball stalls, or the one with the wheel of fortune," Daedalus replied. "Not to say that I can't, I just prefer the feel of other kinds'a weapons."

Watching as Dorothy picked out one of the prizes, Daedalus smiled a bit more warmly. Only a bit.

"Well, he's certainly yours if you want 'im. You earned it."

"What should I name 'im?" Dorothy asked, obviously a bit tickled by her prize. The question seemed rhetorical as she didn't wait for Daedalus to answer. "Don't look like no mumper. He's too nobby fer that. Think I'll call 'im Persnickity."

She smiled and tucked the stuffed kitten under her arm, then tipped her hat toward Daedalus. "Guess I'll head out. 'Joy the rest a your night, mister."
Hanley (played anonymously)

The Trader wrote:
As Hanely approached and skimmed over the different potions, Mana only watched with a placid expression on her face while her sister, Roin, had her vulpine ears perk forward as a smile spread across her face. Roin's tail twitched from side to side. Picking up the phial, she handed it off to the attendee with glee.

The phial that Hanely chose contained a purple liquid that tasted sweet of chocolate. A few seconds would pass before the effects would take place if drank. The effects of the drink would cause random horns to grow on one's head, and perhaps smaller ones from their face.

Hanley took the flask as politely as she could. She was pretty sure the vendor's claws wouldn't scratch her, but some creatures were fairly sensitive to the human touch, as well.
Chewing her lip slightly, she tucked her blond hair behind her ear and popped the lid off of the little flask. Glug, glug, and she swallowed it down in a couple of gulps.
Hanley gagged. "Oh, dear-- Goodness! Gh, What in the- actual-! Ah! Wh!"
Her face was rippling; she could feel it. A sensation similar to that of a splinter was making itself known to her face, and then a... Swelling... Followed by a piercing new-tooth sort of feeling.
Strangely, while she was aware of the sensations, it was almost as though she was only thinking about them, and they weren't really happening.
The officer's face rippled again, and the next thing she knew, Hanley had horns. On her face.
"Oh, for Pete's sake... I guess I asked for that, huh?" She laughed, throwing back her head.
"It doesn't go very well with my costume.... Oh well. I guess it can hold my hat up." She wiggled her eyebrows and popped a peppermint into her mouth. Offered one to the ladies. Examined the flask and its companion potion phials. Looked in the mirror, sneezed, told jokes to passersby. Waited for the potion to wear off.
"Happy Halloween," ahw added to the vendors. "This is really great of you guys to do. So thank you." :)

Edit: Hanley waved goodbye to the hosts and hostesses, vendors, and a few conversationalists who had passed by. Walking away with a spring in her step, and her hat cocked, the officer whistled a theme song and walked from the celebration, to inhale the last of Halloween at its finest.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat :: Vendors of the Trader's Hub

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Darth_Angelus