Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: An A-Maze-ing Day

Big Rig (played anonymously)

tumblr_os5ufsalgx1wpyuhdo2_500.gif

Down a dark corridor, waiting deeper in the maze, a gargantuan figure loomed. The presence was wreathed with mist (from a strategically hidden fog machine). It stood in the flickering light of a handheld lantern, though their features were shrouded in shade by a great hood. There could only be seen a thick frowning mouth and a long, black, braided beard trailing to their chest. A tattered grey robe was worn, stretching down into the dirt below, hiding their body. But it was difficult to disguise how enormous the wearer was. His head crested seven feet, and the form beneath the lengthy cloak was broad of build. The hand opposite the lantern gripped a burlap sack with massive calloused fingers. Its swollen sides bulged with round shapes. Skulls? Tricks? Treats? The only way to discover was by coming closer. Any who peered down this ominous hall would be beckoned by slow waves.
Mina Calico (played by JoJoApples)

Mina was very much enjoying this experience, giving a shocked squeal when a worker spooked her. She did remember to say trick or treat to the workers and was happy when she received candy.

This was a grand adventure indeed!

Time went by and Mina wondered if shed be out of this maze soon. It had been quite a while. She spotted the kitties, all in costume and was startled, but she giggled when she noticed they were cats.

"Are we almost there doggie?" She asked the pooch guiding her.

She looked up, peering down a hall of hay and she tensed. Something scary was there! A hooded figure?

She looked at Woofie,"whos that?" She pointed at the hooded figure. She was a but on edge about it. It was so big! And that beard...

Mina wasn't sure she wanted to go down there at all, so she hovered a ways away.
Abayelle (played anonymously)

As Abby continued to navigate the maze, she kept looking down at her phone, sending text messages to people and taking pictures of herself making silly faces among the bales of hay that were stacked up. Every so often, someone would zip past her, forcing her to move out of the way.

After a bit of wandering, she paused slightly, looking down a way and seeing the kid from earlier that didn't hear her compliment while they were in line and now a dog, but beyond them was a really tall and shrouded figured. Swallowing nervously, she turned and kept going, not wanting to go down that way. She was sorta sure that maybe the figure wasn't actually going to harm someone, but somehow her paranoia convinced her not to push her luck.

When the maze seemed to have her going sort of in the direction of the entrance, she knew she was on the right track as she remembered seeing the exit when she went in. Part of her wished that her best friend was here, so that they could've gone through this together, but she figured she'd just get through this thing and head home to tell her all about it.
Lil'Shet (played by Reb320)

Deimos hadn't looked up until he saw a dog's snout in his candy bowl. "Woofie??" A hint of panic rose in his chest. Chocolate was bad for dogs! Dei looked up, just in time to see Mina behind Woofie. Oh, for her? Gosh darn it, was Woofie one of the local werewolves (...weredog? Is that even a thing?) that worked for the ranch or just a really smart dog?

"Hey wait--!" Deimos started to call after Mina and Woofie, but they were gone already. Dang it, he was supposed to scare people! And they had to say trick-or-treat to get candy. His calling faded out and he sat back where he was. No use going after the kid now. Besides, it wouldn't be fun to scare a little girl. "Heh, she might put a curse on me," he teased to himself. Now just wait for the next person and ya'know, don't get distracted by your phone!

...Too late, he was already back on Instagram! Oh, and he wasn't alone! Three older-kitten barn cats (one white, one black, and one orange) wandered over to him and started to bat at the straw hanging out of his costume. And yes, he had cat treats in his pocket so that was why the three were there.
Dei started to play with them, giggling at how silly they were!
Jaiyden (played by Caitlin)

"Didn't mean to scare ya." the wolf-dressed blonde spoke, hand reaching up to rub at the back of his neck. "Well we should go this way, if I scared ya, you'll want to avoid..." he pointed in the direction Rigamus had set up. "That way." for now he turned down the path that led to Deimos, reaching down to snatch up a chocolate bar from the bowl and offering it to Tabitha.

Down the path Casey had decidedly told Tabitha not to go is exactly where Mina was headed, but Woofie was on the case! She was indeed not a weredog or the sort; she was just highly intelligent. The cloaked figure that was Rigamus earned a bark, though it wasn't aggressive. More of a 'we're just gonna...go this way now.' as the golden retriever nipped at Mina's dress to tug on it lightly. It wouldn't take long before the retriever had her on the right path to the exit!

Back with Tabitha, Casey had managed to get her quite the haul before pointing her in the direction of the exit and sending her off with a friendly wave. Hopping back atop the hay bails he found himself sitting down next to where Rig had set up, shaking his head slowly as all the people seemed to gravitate away from the cloaked man. "You're just too good at this..." he teased, a friendly smile on face as he settled to sit cross-legged atop the stacked hay. Those purple eyes of his settled in the maze, curious if anyone would be brave enoughhusband's say hi.

~~

Jay took his husbands words to heart, pouring hot chocolate, apple cider (The non-alcoholic kind of course!) and coffee (for the adults!) into disposable coffee cups. They would be just about the right temperature when the first group of people started filtering out. He gestured to the table as they did. "Enjoy a hot beverage and don't forget to take home a pumpkin! Freshly grown right here on this ranch." there was indeed an assortment of them near the exit to the parking lot.

When Abby found her way out of the maze she'd be greeted by the man dressed as a witch; a bag of chocolates and other candies held out to her. "Did ya enjoy the maze?" questioned as he stepped back a bit to allow her to peruse the table of refreshments and make room for others exiting the maze.

Mina blinked as the dog tugged her dress,"ooh! Okay doggie!" She followed the pooch to the exit and gasped at seeing all the drinks.

The girl walked over, broom in hand and looked with a smile at Jay. She took a hot chocolate,"thank you mister!" She smiled, and then with an awed tone, exclaimed,"I get a whole pumpkin? Woow!" Mina enthusiastically thanked Jay and then pet the dog some more.

She saw her parents,"oh! Mama and papa!" She ran off to her parents, jabbering excitedly about her adventure as the duo promptly led Mina away, scolding her lightly.
"Didn't mean to scare ya." the wolf-dressed blonde spoke, hand reaching up to rub at the back of his neck. "Well we should go this way, if I scared ya, you'll want to avoid..." he pointed in the direction Rigamus had set up. "That way." for now he turned down the path that led to Deimos, reaching down to snatch up a chocolate bar from the bowl and offering it to Tabitha.

"Oh it's okay," Tabby responded looking around. "Sure, if you say so. Thanks!" Tabby followed the wolfman and accepted the candy bar. Tabby followed him to several more stations and collected candy, keeping her eyes open for the rest of her group. Finally, her guide pointed her towards the exit and she thanked him.

Tabby stopped short before leaving. Wondering if her friends were anywhere behind her. Suddenly, a large Frankenstein jumped out. "Boo," he said.

Tabby jumped back, startled, but when the monster took its mask off, she realized it wasn't an actor. Tabby socked him in the arm.

Trevor%20costume_zpsktsijyrc.jpg

"Where have you guys been," Tabby demanded.

"Looking for you," Trevor replied. "We can't help it that you have short legs and can't keep up. Not to mention you get lost in crowds easily."

Tabby scowled and followed Trevor out of the maze and accepted a strawberry lemonade after stepping out of the exit. "Thanks," She said to the man serving the drinks. She spotted the rest of her group nearby.
The twins heard voices once in a while but could never figure out where they were coming from, eventually they came to an area and saw a hooded figure, Catriona shook her head "nope" she said and darted down the hall of the maze. Calum was enjoying this until he heard Catriona say no and then run away. He looked and saw the figure, his eyes widened as he followed after her. After seeing that, they both wanted to get out of there.

As Casey came closer, the rustling of straw caused the hood to swing his way. Rigamus listened with care beneath it, waiting for a voice to indicate identity, as he could not see at all with its fabric impeding upon his vision. Yet through the evening, he had also heard many sets of footsteps approaching only to quickly carry away. Evidently oblivious to the scare factor a sack-toting seven-foot figure provided the maze, the cloaked behemoth rumbled a long, low, and ultimately uncertain "Hmmmmm...." He delicately set the lantern down into the dirt, casting strange shadows across the mist-flooded path, then dragged back his hood enough to expose golden eyes.

Rig considered Casey with a crooked frown and furrowed brow. "I am not so sure," came a gravely mutter, thick with confusion. "No one has come down my hall." Shoulders shrugged before he took to pawing through his bag. From it, the goliath produced a single sphere: something round wrapped in wax paper. It was pinched between thumb and forefinger to be offered with an outstretched arm. "Maybe," the middle-aged man pondered aloud, "I should walk through the maze. I will find more visitors that way." If a robed giant standing at the end of a misty hall wasn't ominous enough, one lumbering after guests certainly would be.

It wasn't long before Abby exited the maze, probably glancing over her shoulder a bit too much to see if anything was following her. There was a shudder that went through her, relief that she was out of the maze and not trapped anymore. As fun as it was, she couldn't shake the image of the massive cloaked figure from her mind.

As she approached the table, she gave Jaiyden a nervous smile and accepted the bag of candies, "Thank you! Yeah, I liked the maze a lot. Except for that massive cloaked figure hidden in there. That..." There was a pause as she tried to find the words to phrase what she wanted to say without hurting any feelings. "That certainly got my heart going a lot faster than I would've liked. Was that a statue or a prop?" she continued with a nervous laugh. Picking out a cup of apple cider, she took a drink of it, making a small mming noise at how delicious it was.

"Anyway. Thanks for all this. It was fun...and delicious too." Holding up the bag of candy, she waved it around a touch, also holding up the cup of cider in her other hand. "Where do we pay for the pumpkins? I want to bring a few of them home so my housemates and I can carve them."
Juddson (played by Marie) Topic Starter

They had their first finisher! Judd was glad he'd gotten the drinks prepared, then. He wondered when the next few would come on out, but it wasn't like he was in a rush; the maze would go on well into the evening, when the lanterns set up atop some of the bales of hay would come on. That was typically when they saw an older crowd; people looking for the thrill of something spooky.

"Glad you had fun," he told Abby, before pointing over towards a farm stand not far from the maze. "Pumpkins are over there, or you can head into the patch and pick your own. There's some wheelbarrows, in case you want to grab more than one." There was only one way in and out, especially if you were carrying multiple pumpkins, so there would be no worries about someone trying to make off with a weelbarrow filled to the top without paying.
Catriona froze when she thought she heard something, and she looked around. It sounded like....footsteps maybe? Calum looked around nervously "what is it?" He asked her. Catriona continued to look around "I don't know" she responded and took a few steps forward as she continued to listen.
Jaiyden (played by Caitlin)

Jay chuckled at Mina. "Sure a whole pumpkin." he offered a wink, not even bothering to charge her for it as Woofie came back to settle at his side. "Good girl." he kneeled down for a moment and ran a hand through her fur, ruffling it lightly before standing back up.

Tabitha's appearance had him waving to Mina and her parents, eyeing the group with a friendly smile. "I see you found your friends." commented idly as he gestured to the drinks. "Help yourself." there was also candy at the end of the table, for those who hadn't had luck in the maze, or avoided it altogether.

Abby was offered a slight arched brow before he hid a laugh behind his own mug of coffee. "Oh, you found Rig did you?" he shook his head briefly before glancing into the maze and wondering where the man had set up at. "I think he meant well, sorry for the fright." she seemed no worse for the wear though. At the mention of pumpkins he indicated one of the workers near the collection, taking cash and other forms of payment with his phone.

"He'll get you all set up! Thanks for stopping by." he'd linger if she had anything more to say, but otherwise would turn attention to others that were exiting.

~~
Casey found himself laughing at Rig, slowly shaking his head. "No, you're definitely too good at this. You've got the spooky down to an art." he wasn't sure if that was what the tall man had intended though. "Maybe walking around would be good, though you should..." he trailed off, leaning forward to attempt to pluck at the cloak. "Show your face?" maybe that would be less scary?

"Good luck!" he called out as he stood up and decided to go harass someone else in the maze. Like Catriona and Calum. He hopped down a bit away from them and came up, at least not from behind. "Hey, you look lost?" he offered a smile that was all charm.

"If you head that way you'll be good and if you run into a man in a black cloak, don't be scared. He has the best candy." a wink was offered before he'd be off again to find someone else to bother.
Catriona raised a brow and went in the direction the guy told them to. Calum thanked the guy and followed her. With relief, Catriona walked out the exit and Calum followed "finally" Catriona said with a sigh and went to sit down and enjoy a beverage.

Mina would get a pumpkin, much to the astonishment of her parents, and after checking they'd all leave the farm, all of them pretty content, but Mina was in a smidge of trouble for running off. All in all, it was time to hit some houses for trick or treating, and that was sure to be a blast. They'd be sure to thank people before they went.
Tabitha's appearance had him waving to Mina and her parents, eyeing the group with a friendly smile. "I see you found your friends." commented idly as he gestured to the drinks. "Help yourself." there was also candy at the end of the table, for those who hadn't had luck in the maze, or avoided it altogether.

"Yes, thanks," Tabby replied. Once everyone had gotten a beverage, they went to the pumpkin patch and each got a pumpkin to take home and use for a jack-o-lantern at their homes. Tabby waved again as the group headed back to Matt's van after paying for the pumpkins.

They had their first finisher! Judd was glad he'd gotten the drinks prepared, then. He wondered when the next few would come on out, but it wasn't like he was in a rush; the maze would go on well into the evening, when the lanterns set up atop some of the bales of hay would come on. That was typically when they saw an older crowd; people looking for the thrill of something spooky.

Abby smiled at Judd, looking to where he pointed and nodded her appreciation, "Thank you." Her attention turned back to Jay as he laughed, a sheepish smile on her face as he explained Rig and his get up. "Oh! Okay, well, it's good that you do know him and that he's a part of things," she said with a nervous laugh. "I just don't think I've ever seen anyone that tall before. Can you tell him I'm sorry that I ran from him? I didn't mean to hurt his feelings, if I did."

Lifting a hand, she waved to the pair and said, "Thanks again! Nice place you got here. I hope you get lots and lots of people and are super successful with everything!"

Moving off towards the pumpkins, she loaded up four of them into a wheelbarrow, paying in cash before taking them to her car and getting them settled where they may fit. After returning the wheelbarrow, she hopped into her car and zipped off to head home and throw pumpkin guts at her friends, her cheeks still hot with embarrassment when she realized she had been nervous and worried about a worker for no reason.

(OOC Note: Thanks so much for the fun!)
Juddson (played by Marie) Topic Starter

(We still have time so I'm gonna clarify that this is still open! Especially since people are posting out.)

As Woofie Goldberg and Mina came out of the maze, Judd would give the little girl a hot chocolate and an apple and wish her well. Woofie, for her part, laid down next to his leg as if it had been so much work walking through the maze. "I've seen you chase chickens, don't lie to me," he teased the dog, dropping a treat from his pocket onto the ground for her. He always seemed to have goodies around here.

"Thanks for coming," Judd would tell Abby as she got ready to leave, though Jay had that covered. Judd was getting bored! He wanted to do something fun but the whole responsible ranch owner thing was kinda his jam, so he'd just have to suck it up and sip on some cider. The line in had slowed just a bit, but it usually happened in waves. There was so much to check out on the ranch and he didn't fault people for wanting to stop by the fence and check out the Caribou that they kept, since that wasn't a typical farm feature. "Next year we should make it bigger," Judd mused to Jay, as though it wasn't already massive.

Given the deep concerned sound which rolled from Rigamus, it was safe to assume his superior spookiness was not necessarily intentional. He reached to rub his beard, fiddling with its braids before blinking upwards when his hood was plucked back. The farmhand's weathered features formed an expression falling just shy of pensiveness. It took a moment to mull over the suggestion, then he was nodding in approval, slowly patting a palm to his chest. "Thank you, Casey," Rig spoke with the depth of distant thunder, adding on an assuring note: "I will try." It took a few fumblings to recall where the switch was for the fog machine, but once it was off, the oversized man was wandering the straw halls with sack in hand.

When the time came that he (incidentally) arrived at the end, he lumbered forth for the refreshment table. The contents of that burlap sack were steadily removed and stacked alongside the drinks. Within each parchment and twine wrapping was not a skull, nor any other especially morbid gift, but cheery-red apples covered in caramel. Beneath the sugary coating, one would find Big Rig had meticulously carved each and every one with the face of a grinning Jack-o-Lantern. Any who chanced a closer encounter would be offered one with a mute stare of encouragement, and from time to time, the slow beast would remember to tack on a rumbled "Happy Halloween."

4ASBLMu.png
(Thank you guys!)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: An A-Maze-ing Day

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus