Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Slytherin Halloween

Isobel Waters (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Isobel gave a small smile upon seeing Levi turn colors as well, but she didn't want to interrupt his flow. He may realize, or he may not. In any case, he was amusing to see. Red hair with green skin truly wasn't an appropriate combination.

"I graduated top of my class last year." She had just taken another mouthful of her wine, and she had to focus not to spew it; he was freshly out of Hogwarts and looking for his first job? But with being a top of class, he should have been immediately offered some sort of position in the Ministry. She expressed just this point of view, frowning slightly as she did so, and resisting the temptation to summon her notepad and pen, or even her phone to record all this. She smelled a story there, and nothing stopped Isobel from finding out the truth when she suspected something was not quite right.

"I'd be happy to try a steak-and-kidney pie." Even if Isobel refrained from using Legilimency (it wasn't proper, and her guests would surely be offended), it wasn't hard to see that Evelyn was less than thrilled with the choices available. Well, Isobel didn't often have guests. In fact, she never had guests, since her place were generally warded so tight by Gringotts that any guest who came would immediately forget the address upon their departure. Practical if one wanted one-night stands; not so practical if you wanted to see that person again. How would she explain the memory lapse? She would need to have them change it to allow for some people to visit without necessarily being added to the wards; trusting others, however, was very difficult for her.

"I could ask that something else be prepared for you, Evelyn, if you'd like. I know our food can be quite heavy."
Levi did not say anything about the steak and kidney pie. It had slipped his mind that other food was offered to them for being Isobel's guests. He was rather content to snack on the desserts and it was getting rather late in the evening. The party would be winding down at some point. However, he felt like he should eat something with a little more sustenance. For now, Levi would pass on the steak and kidney pie and was resolved to get something to eat when he got back to the hotel.

Levi listened as Isobel explained about how he should have already been offered a job at the Ministry. There was the offer when he graduated but his parents wanted him to see a little more of the world and experience a few more things. Levi was set in his mind about what he wanted to do with his life but complied with his parents request. He spent the better of a year traveling around the world with his sister, Ester. She worked as a curse breaker and went to explore many old and magical places. It was quite interesting but not something that Levi wanted to do with his life.

"I spent the year getting some new life experiences. I plan on applying for a better position now that I have more experience under my belt," Levi said in regards to Isobel's concerns about his work life.

Levi shifted his attention back towards Evelyn when she asked about being taught Dark Magic. It was true what she heard. He had learn quite a bit about dark magic and could perform it if the need arose. That was how they were taught to detect it and defend against it. Knowing your enemy was half the battle and knowledge about dark magic gave you an advantage over others.

"That true. Dark Magic is taught freely and not feared at Durmstrang. We learned various dark magic to better prepare ourselves for the world. Was it taught at Ilvermorney?"

Levi would spend some more time talking with the others while enjoying the pranks that had been offered. The youth stuck around long enough to hear the answer to his question. He could answer some more questions at another time. Levi would be in London for some time still. He had taken a bit of the pumpkin pasty and sprouted black bear fur again. Which was looking a little ridiculous since his skin shifted to a bright neon pink in color. While he wanted to spend more time with the others he knew he needed to be heading out soon. He stuck around long enough to hear their answer and peaked their curiosity.

"Thank you for the party, Isobel. I hope we spend more time together down the road," he said addressing his hostess first. His eyes shifted to Evelyn after finishing with Isobel. "It nice meeting you, Evelyn. Enjoy your time in London."

After he finished his farewells, Levi would head off from the party. His skin color was returning to normal and the fur was dissipating. Levi made his way down the steps and towards the door. It would only be another brief moment before he was back on the street with the door shutting firmly behind him.
Evelyn found herself enjoying the color variations quite a bit. She noted that her own were changing, and she waved her wand about her ears and tail to change them back to their black color. Black went with just about everything. Her fur remained, and she continued turning vivid shades of color. Blue, green, silver, all of them were a unique experience. She snickered over the effects, knowing they'd be temporary.

She smiled at Isobel, "I'm just not familiar with them, and I don't want to trouble you. I'll try one." The young woman felt mortified that she'd given an impression that she wouldn't like to try the food they would offer her. "The word kidney does sound a bit off-putting, but part of traveling is experiencing new food." She took a drink, and her skin turned pink. Evelyn snickered, it was hard to keep a straight face during conversation. "What do you do for a living, if you don't mind my asking? I'm a potioneer."

Evelyn listened intently as Levi spoke of his experience at Durmstrang. She wondered if he'd gotten into some kind of trouble and was returning now that he knew more, had something better to offer. She expected that Levi had not been snatched up by a powerful business or the ministry if he had graduated with such good grades. Was he boasting about the grades? Evelyn mentally chided herself, this was not the time to be nosy. "Ilvermorny only teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts. We were taught how to defend ourselves against it, spells and creatures were used whenever we entered our fifth year." She looked toward the door as if to gauge the weather as Levi took his leave. "Have a good night, stay safe. And Happy Halloween," she grinned and waved. "It was good to meet you, too."
Isobel Waters (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Her investigative ardor having been calmed by Levi’s explanations, Isobel nodded. It made sense; in a way, it was similar to her taking a few years after Hogwarts to study at a Muggle university. “Good choice, actually. Hogwarts really has such a limited view of the world, I am sure your sabbatical year will prove very useful.” She couldn’t help but laugh when the man sprouted fur again, especially once it turned pink. Already she wanted a big teddy bear which she would spell pink; it would be a lovely addition to her living room. Or, should that be her bedroom? She would decide later on, but a pink teddy bear was definitely on her to do list now. She didn’t shy away from announcing loudly as he departed, and her giggling could certainly be heard as he descended the stairs.

"What do you do for a living, if you don't mind my asking? I'm a potioneer." Eyes sparkling mischievously, Isobel then turned towards Evelyn, who had turned pink as well. “Well, pink is definitely the color to have on tonight, it seems,” she said smiling. But the purple-colored witch made no gesture to change her coloring as well; purple and green were more her colors; black and red too. Not so much pink. “I am a reporter; writer, if you wanted. For muggle newspapers, though. I am not certain the Daily Prophet -that’s the largest magical newspaper in England- would publish anything I may want to say. Too much trouble, uncovering dirt swept under the carpet by the people in power.” Isobel opened her mouth, as if she wanted to say something else, but then decided against it. “You are American, right? Things may be different there, from what I've heard, but not so sure.
Evelyn looked down, "It has certainly been different, but it is Halloween after all. My favorite time of year," regarding her skin with a curious expression. It slowly started to turn back to normal. "What better time to see what a strange new color would look like. I change my hair from time to time, but No-" she stopped herself, having be about to say 'No-Maj.' "Muggles think I just dye it." She had finished her food and drink by now, "Thank you for the hospitality."

She listened with interest as Isobel spoke of what she did. "I imagine the Daily Prophet would be far more interested in uncovering juicy tidbits about people in power, such as if they had an affair or something else scandalous happened. They seem to be very sensational, rather than being muck rakers," the young woman remarked. It occurred to her that someone overseas might not know what that means, "I mean, being concerned with exposing the wrongdoing of politicians and the like, so the public can demand something be done about it."

Evelyn nodded in response to the question, "Yes, I'm American, from the southern part of the country. It's been great to travel to magical communities abroad and see how different things are, I've learned so much. Traveling has made me realize just how backwards some things are in America."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Slytherin Halloween

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus