Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Iridescent Conundrum 1x1 (Closed)

Kai Aeun Shimatori (played by aeun)

It had been a while since the day he ran off into the cold aired night from two of his very familiar partners through life. How long has it been? Time was no longer that sequential number of 1 through 9 that elapsed as one lived on, sunrise till sunset, the changing of the seasons or the appearance of particular insectoids, however people monitored time he could not. It was just him wrapped in his own cocoon of frost that never melted. This massive sphere of ice with a surface and density so thick there was almost no difference from looking at a chunk of rock. A ball of ice situated so perfectly at the center of this round edged lake, one would think that someone would have come along and shattered its solid layers by now.

Nothing made sense around this bloodline. So many contradictions and criss-crossed paths who was to say if they were even alive inside their vessels? The Shimatori. The Night had overcome the land, the open field had already been lightly coated in a layer of white powder. Amidst the quiet and fragile tranquility erupted the echo of something cracking, shattering. Was it some sort of spiritual therapy to have been locked away from civilization for so long again?. No, never. These were always against the will yet by different individual entities yet affects being all the same. From the top of the sphere right down to the bottom, a fissure was inflicted to this icey solid.

It opened! After however long it had been the frozen sphere finally opened, but by what cause? No matter. The ice had begun to crumble all around its epicenter yet never landing directly in it. At the core stood two large canine figures amidst the rising smog yet only one walked forward onto the frozen lake while the other ebbed away in a whip of wind that shifted the billowing mist. The canine's fur was rather shaggy and unkempt. Where was he? Raising his nose to sniff at the cold winter-like air not a single familiar scent came down wind. One thing could be said though. Starvation needed to be sated.

Rabbits, deers, Bears, possibly avian creatures all caught his attention in a mix of questions in what to devour first? Several more steps left their prints in the still influential snow as they lightly flaked to the ground. Another step and then the image of this large white wolf disappeared to the un-keen eye. Movements-swift, intent-linear. The wolf only did skid to a halt when a rabbit was skittering away trying to reach its home on the other end of the hole it so feverishly made before the cold seasons. Crunch -- Snap! Unfortunate. This small rodent never lived to see the light of day. Maw coated in red, Kai gnawed away at the bones for any and all meat that could be salvaged from the skeletal structure.

Sky so black yet provided a shower of white pedals. Animals provided sustenance for the larger and more-well armed by evolution, but what about the supernatural? Then again, what is natural? Eyes once an icey blue now held a glint of deep amethyst. Whatever occurred to him inside that icy prison sure enough changed him from the inside-out.
The light from the sun was slowly but surely fading away to the west which the night would soon follow in its place. All that was but living within the Spring and Summer seasons had frosted over and embedded with a sheet of white, snow. From the trees, bushes along with those remaining plants in which could tolerate the harsh cold climates. Everything was covered in snow.

A rather enlarged panther appeared from near by bushes in which specs of snow coated some of its short fur upon his body. He had seemed to be wondering ahead as if scouting for any possible signs of danger which was in their nature to do so. Sniffing the cold winter air for a possible scent as well as any animal tracks and or markings. There were none in which posed a threat. A light growl was heard from beneath his breath as he stood there which was silenced shortly after when his companion had appeared; Mitsuki placing her delicate right hand upon his back, gliding it upwards to his head in which she would stroke gently.
She was adorned with fine silks about her upper and lower torso which depicted the color of cream, a dress which was embroidered with fur upon the middle area of the lower skirt. The lace upon the arm cuttings was of white, small sapphires were embedded into the dress along with a transparent white sash about her waist. A simple amulet with a jewel in it's center could be seen around her neck, a family heirloom from the apparent ware on it's metal. She held a bow within her hands with an abundant amount of arrows in a container beneath her hair upon her back.
She knelt down to eye level, her hair dangling off her shoulders as she lowered herself down. Mitsuki spoke to the creature in a not so spoken language; Draconic "Coi ui kepatmasto sia danthe..." (It is alright my dear). Mitsuki was fluent in the English language however seemed most comfortable in her native tongue. This also soothed the beast and with that he settled down, from what started as a low growl turned into a motor-boat purring.

The sun had finally set in the west and night was upon them. Regaining her poise and posture she so that they may continue their travels through-out the woods ahead of them. Though Tykki sensed nothing in disarray Mitsuki sensed something amidst off their beaten path, stopping to stare off into the shadows of the night she lowered her gaze down to Tykki and spoke calmly but within her mind she could only imagine what was throwing her off.
"Stay, I won't be long. You will know if something is the matter. But for now" She smiled sweetly pointing upwards of a rather enormous Evergreen tree "please claim up there and wait for me, if something goes wrong I want you to be safe my friend." Tykki did what was asked but not out enjoyment but in respect of her wishes. Once she knew he could not be seen in between the thick and dark leaves of the tree she walked cautiously off the path.

Mitsuki walked for some time until she came to a open area of the snowy plain in which cut off the forest and only a near by Lake and the snow below could be seen. She however remained concealed behind a near by evergreen only peeking out to see. As she moved around the tree to take a peek she gripped onto a arrow within her Vinyl clothed quiver drawing her bow and holding it tightly against her bust. What she saw did not frighten her in the least, from ones first glance it was a simple wolf devouring its more smaller pray however this creature seemed a bit off for her tasted and so, she continued to watch with care. Crack-- An unfortunate situation was in the making when her footing came upon a small twig which had fallen from the tree above. 'No matter', she thought knowing full well the creature must have heard the crackling sound.
Kai Aeun Shimatori (played by aeun) Topic Starter

*SNAP* Such a light and fleeting sound. Both ears perked to the sound, motioning in 285 degree angles trying to pinpoint the source. Muzzle raised to his eyes to search the surrounding area. Nothing to be seen. Just in front of Kai slowly came to imprint in the snow four paw prints of an unseen entity. That image of a second wolf in the frosted haze when Kai initially awoken from his untimed slumber. From the center of those four paw prints began to stir a small whirl of wind which picked up the loose snow. In only seconds that small whirl of wind expanded and began drastically more violent. The wind whipping around in its rotation with such galish force its hollow sound held precedence to the ears of those caught in it.

Snow being picked up and slapped across solid strong standing objects in the radius in this unnatural spurt of a blizzard. Endoresu. After the short-lived whirl all the snow that remained caught up in mid-air suspension was dispersed creating a white veil of concentrated snow. The ground around having barely any snow left on its surface from being picked up and wildly hurled about. Distorted air in this isolated blizzard. Endoresu; the wind, had already been made useful upon his own independent actions to give full sight of the newcomer by sense of 'touch'.

The large beast had already begun its paced walk toward the female. Was she a poacher by mere chance to be lurking in the fields of his newly acquainted hunting grounds? Each step pressed against the frozen soil closing the distance between the two and yet with each step a transition took place. Like waves of prestigious energies washing over his form sourcing from every paw that padded the ground cloaking the canine form into a sort of embryo of shapeless light. "My first steps returning to this mortal land and to be confronted by one?" A voice so glorious yet if one had to identify its origin, European perhaps with a more specific of British accent.

Eyes no longer holding their amethyst glow, but now more so an iridescent flux perpetrated by the angle perceived. Straightforward it held a mythic hue of emerald greens. Sharp, bold lengths of hair hugged to his backside down to his mid-back while two braided lengths on either side of his face were kept in coiled platinum forged binds. The light that so warmly cloaked him faded to naught. Royal garbs dressed this individual with a primary focus of white with deep, deep blue trimmings to the ware. Footwear was not a necessity nor a desire. The garbs held about them an idle glow for a few moments, energies dripping from the sleeves edges; a sign that the clothing worn was forged from the pristine energy that righteously veiled his transformation from canine to humane.

Those eyes of his appeared to hold more knowledge beyond the physical sight. "No. There is more to you, yet you take the form of the women of this land?" Who was he to talk exactly? After just changing from a lupin to a humanoid himself there was little room for discussion about who was in the right. Despite the fact, the male retained some rather peculiar features. Two wolfish ears that sat upon his head proudly with affirmation of status and a tail still rather shaggy yet remained motionless amidst its own bushel of fur.

Could this be the final realization of what is or was Kai Shimatori? The blue eyes that had seen so much death and mundane acts of violence were no more. These new pair of energy shifting eye color had to mean something. "Endoresu." Just beside Kai materialized from the ground at his side another humanoid being, knelt down with head bowed yet one could almost mistake the individual for his kin; and would not be too far off from the truth. "Sire?" The ally spoke. "Remain at bay until further order." There was no confirmation of the order being fulfilled aside from the knelt individual dispersing into a chrome liquid, splashing onto Kai's form and melding to no longer be seen. The reduced visibility to physical sight still held affect from the thick haze of white caused by Endoresu's act of defense of his lord.

The look he held in his eyes were stern and judging to say the least. From head to toe he mentally noted her accessories, attire, weaponry and physique to come to a pre-ascertained conclusion as to who this female might really be. The clothes did not match the sort of activity she was undertaking. "Dressed in fine-linen, but enjoy the thrill of the hunt?"

Kai had seen many a things, but whatever happened to him within that icey cocoon...
Holding her position behind the tree did no good at this point, this Mitsuki knew full well. Even from the distance that separated them both she could tell that he had indeed heard her and was closing in on her position once located. Pressing the back posterior of her body against the evergreen's strong bark, she took moment to consider what was to be done. 'Should I end this creature's life should it become territorial... or should I walk away now..Tykki will soon think to look for me.'. That thought was placed to a halt upon the sudden voice unfamiliar to her.

'No...That creature didn't just speak to me..however something is different about this beast..and who am I to say what can and can not be in this world..' she thought for a few moments. She sighed thinking there was no longer any logical point for her to shelter herself behind a mere tree if the creature that she had a glimpsed upon could tell she was indeed a female. With this conclusion the arrow was not released upon the creature but instead Mitsuki simply moved away from the tree, gradually coming out so that the both of them saw eye to eye with one another.

The being before her before was no longer a canine figure but of a man or so it would appear. A shape-shifter of a sorts? She thought, it could be plausible one who could do the same would know this logic was valid. Scrutinizing him closely from the tip of his head to below upon his bare footing she watched him closely. An apparent twitch was seen from her as he spoke, inquiring why she was dressed in such a manner, as if it was a requirement to dress in a specific fashion. Then again however women in this realm were 'expected' to dress this way and that. How it disgusted her at the thought of 'human society' and their tasteless expectations of the female sex. Silence. Even after his question there remained an awkward silence between the two and the surrounding area minus the exception of wondering creatures. She huffed a tad, Looking off from him as if refusing to acknowledge him for that remark on her attire feeling not irritated but rather lacking of words to say. Pondering on the matter at hand, debating weather to even bother replying she stared at ground for quite sometime before sighing followed by some what of a light chuckle of the sorts.

" A creature of my stature walking about in a world such as this would not be a wise choice now would it?" Finally replying with her head turned to him giving a direct response. Her demeanour lacked any signs of bitterness but rather undaunted by the 'man' before her. "Even in a dress..such as this one can easily finish off an opponent. But if you must know kind sir I am in fact NOT hunting but any means..It is my way of giving a mere creature and or mortal a 'fair' chance at their life should they choose to attack me." With a slightly head tilt to the left, a cocky smile upon her face as she eyed the very lacking of remains of the small frail creature he had devoured previously. "What..brings a gentleman..of coarse only to say that is by your appearance that is..to devour a creature raw...like a savage?"

The silence she maintained for those brief periods did not deter him. "Sating hunger for the time being." The answer was rather direct, no need to be cryptic about needing to satisfy one's need for sustenance. "Being sealed away for so long has taken its toll after finally being reanimated." Lifting his gaze from her as he inhaled, searching for familiar scents of those who shared his last memories before all going into darkness. Nowhere to be found; Night nor Destiny. His shoulders accumulating a portion of snow upon their perches which with a single rotation of the shoulder did the sow fall to the ground. It was plainly obvious Kai was in no gauge to combat, but then again, why would he?

That same bloodlust once held so proudly was gone, not to say combat and finesse did not hold a ground of instinct to him. "Your name. What is it?" The very first individual to have come into contact with him? The least he could do was know her name, especially one that seemed to break the normal tradition he appeared to be accustomed to; referring back to her attire and activity. Before she did answer, if she ever was, he imposed a suggestion. "Your weapon, you can place it away." With a raised hand he motioned for it to be rid from his sight. "There is no intent to inflict harm upon you, but then again who are you to trust a stranger, hm?" The removal of the weapon can perhaps ease the neutral tension between the two entities.

This flurry of snow seemed to never bare an end in sight, but no matter. Frigid weather was an innate forte of his.
Remaining in utter silence while he spoke she stood proudly while keeping her eyes completely concentrated on him barely bothering to blink but a couple times. It would be foolish of her to let her guard down for even a second with anyone. His suggestion to lower her guard seemed farfetched and pure stupidity but what did she have to fear? A creature such as she needed no simple mortals weapon to defend herself. The enormous about of snow was getting caught in between the coils of her hair in which she took her hand to glide through her hair strands while debating on what action to take. 'I suppose he couldn't pose much of a threat in this situation..from his appearance but even so I'm willing for a good fight' Mitsuki thought as she knelt down to the bed of snow's surface with her bow with one hand and placing the arrow safely back into its quiver with the other hand.

"Ryuchi.." even as she knelt down she kept her eyes on him but was polite enough to reply to his question previously. "Tell me yours." Not meaning to sound demanding but it would probably be taken as impolite. Once back to standing she resumed her awkward silence towards him folding her arms around her waist.

"Kai Shimatori, holder of the throne of the Tenrai-Miyaku, legacy of my father, Taikiu Shimatori. One of the few remaining faithfuls to the cause." A mouth full for sure. In that same breath he rotated 180 degrees to walk seemingly away from her. "Come, if you will." A single word. there was a vision to be held true. Perhaps confiding in the ears of a mysterious woman could ease the accumulated ambition. In truth, he was rather hopeful the female would follow in his steps, there was no where else for him to go exactly, but oh the words that weighed on his tongue.

The vast multiplex of verses intertwined with the other with so much possibility and potential for him to witness and explore, but in truth: What more was there? Wholey, Kai was back at square one. All the power he could ever desire yet no direction as to where to set it afire and let it be of influence. There was a reason for his brother's existence, but even that he could not grasp sight of in this sea of every fluctuating energies on such a dismal sphere an ever multiplying specie call home. "Ruler of a Kingdom overthrown by its people during my youth. Laughable to be thusly named Ruler, no?" A rather rhetorical question for her as his affirmation as King and Lord over the Tenrai-Miyaku will never cease for many an era. The question itself was to gain a sense of feel over how she thought; the subsequences of silences in her speech gave him no real notion to abide to, lest he assume her near Mute.
"...Proper introductory..I suppose.. My name is indeed Ryuchi however it is my name by birth. My first name is Mitsuki. My origins..well all that is needed is that I too hold my own title but it means nothing to me to be a leader of others. In the end I am no more better than they. I too am the same just born of a higher stature." Finally. Words came from her mouth. To her, there was no need to give a stranger such information but what did it matter now anyways. She was far from her homeland, no one in this realm would know her in the slightest. However to his next question she felt somewhat of a irritation consume her being. 'Who in the hell does he think he is...was that a order? The nerve..' She thought as she twitched there, grinding her teeth very slightly. she picked up her bow to settle it on her her shoulder blade but as well taking hold of some snow in her hand molding it until it formed a perfect sphere in which she soon flung into the air directed at him wondering if it would pelt him or not.

Once it was done she walked toward him with a agitation on her face as if she was being directed by someone superior then her. This she hated more than anything, it made it worse..however that it was a man giving the order. Following a bit of a ways behind him she kept her arms folded as before huffing a bit before she mumbled a bit of words. "No wonder I never came back to my kingdom to be its ruler..people with titles always giving others orders..how typical I suppose". She sighed.

A feisty one. There was sure enough a fire in her soul, but what separates her from the rest with similar ambition? Narrow-sighted individuals label each in a category, but by looking further, feeling out the presence of one's soul anyone would be able to tell that a soul is its own constitution and unique from another no matter how weak-willed or contrary to the notion it may be. The snowball ceased its flight toward his frame yet maintaining its spin. That separate entity was at work using its auric winds to captivate the well patted snowball bringing around to his front to land subtly in the palm of his hand. "The level of irritation you have toward me must be on a rise." Saying once she maintained her aloof steps behind him.

Oh question after question what a droll way to go about each day to come. Why not answers?! Where are the answers!? Perhaps a vision. Those keep ears picking up on every word she spoke from the lack of constant noise aside from their steps in the snow. "Orders? Those aren't something to hate. Although my father was never the agreeable sort he did manage quite a glorious nation. The world around them began to twist and spin around a single point between them. Images being stretched and mixed until identification was a mere ideal. Here they stood in a plane of darkness. "Allow me--" Halting those light steps. "--to give you an idea of what sort of nation was run. There is a great level of responsibility. What kind of ruler you are is determined by your own actions and decision making."

This was an attempt to find some sort of common ground or perhaps a medium between their ideals and motives. A new world began to fade into view almost like waking into a new conscious body although no single individual of this portrayed nation was a sharp image. They were blurred. Faces no different than the other. All of this was artificial. When it comes to the Tenrai-Miyaku his ability is limited to reproduce or even travel to such a time period. This was the nation was described to him being splashed on the canvas of black he so presumably created.

The only image that could be properly identified amidst the moving crowd as a single man. Taikiu himself. "This is the nation he ruled and dominion having thus being passed to me, or, at least the shadow of what once was. See." Taikiu; a spitting image of Kai, was moving passed the people with a clear cut adoration of pride. Kai stepped out of his father's image's path as he moved by. The blurred images presented their respect with a low bow. At Taikiu's side were two individuals who moved with the same affirmation, but minded their place of status in comparison to Taikiu. Endoresu and Zagurashi. "People NEED a leader. A nation cannot thrive under free rule of its own accord with no proper laws in place. There will always be an empty throne and those with the ambition to take it will do so and may mercy grace the lands that the Lord be a benevolent one."

This was something new to him. Being able to portray images from one's own mind onto a public display. It was draining, in fact, especially with the still lacking countenance of obtaining this new body. Pursed lips and closed eyes with two digits caressing the side of his own skull as to ease the impending head pains. "Mm.." Lowering his head just a slight bit. "This nation was victim to such a shortcoming." There was more to the tale, but it was clear on his expression that it pained him to wander about in such thoughts, in both a mental and literal sense. Sigh. "Pardon my probably futile attempt of persuasion." Lowering his hand back to his side, paying no more mind to the idle throbbing in his cranium; he needed more time to adjust both physically and spiritually to the new aspects.

The images of the nation ceased their movements and began to crumble like ash before being peeled away by a gentle wind bringing back to view the same snow sheeted land they treaded upon moments before. The snowball still held in hand was dropped onto the floor mindlessly which drew his attention to its impact point. There was something on the floor right beside the snowball although the splash of the sphere itself disturbed the already crumbling image. He knelt to get a better look. What he was looking at was something he was very quick to strew away from sight with a motion of a single hand. A wolf's head not attached to a body. To who's truth were the words really being aimed for?

He rose to full height. "To say it were a sad ending would be a lie. In my words I deem the fall of the nation of that time a Reckoning for a new era."
It was by no means a surprise to her that he would not be hit by the snow ball. Though in her mind she wanted it to be so. Though, the way the winds guided the ball into his palm took her off guard. Yes indeed, anything is possible in this world but something such as this she had never seen. Halting her movements to advance further behind him she watched him as he caused a rift to be opened and while he explained this to her none was said.

"All good kingdoms need leaders indeed they do but when their leaders and or those of higher stature within the this class decide to take advantage of the good graces bestowed upon them. To degrade and harass the smaller people this becomes unforgivable and a disgrace. But because they deem themselves of that higher stature they deem it an admirable thing to do. This is what I hate.." Mitsuki was a creature who believed in remaining neutral in situations however some things just did not sit well with her nor did she tolerate it. Recalling what he said prior to this simple to get off the subject of ruling, she shook her head. "I do not take orders from anyone and if one comes off as they are trying to give me orders it frustrates me. Now that I know this is not the exact case I have no quarrel with you."

Although he continued speaking of his kingdom and it's demise it troubled her. Her kingdom now lost to her was in somewhere she could not reach even if she wanted. To be separated from what she once held dear and to end up in a world where humans degrade lower humans for their own personal gain. How she longed for those days. To be reunited with those remaining souls Mitsuki called family. Walking closer upwards to where Kai stood she glanced at him once before continuing on towards the direction he was headed. "Enough of this talk.." sounding somewhat irritated.

"You speak with a sense of authority and compassion. One that could be held with empathy. I'm lacking the hindsight to see the validity to your absence in post." Perhaps she was right though. Reconciling in past events did neither of them justice toward the mentality nor emotion. If anything they could be looked upon as a pair of fools trying to beat the other with sob stories to share. Onward. "Where exactly were you headed?"

The last of the images from the portrayed memories ebbed to nothing more. Unfamiliar with this region, all that truly circulated through his mind were the rehabilitated thoughts of The Cause. It dawned on him shortly after the question that neither he nor she could direct themselves to any nuance of familiarity. That cranial pain of his subsided. What more was there? To walk until finding something that could guide either of them down the same path or separate them or perhaps part ways here and now. No. This female was the only tangible tie he had to remain, here, in this mortal thread out of the potentially infinite existences.

Maybe there was a nook out there, a cranny in between the parallels where something has yet to be written. The opportunity to find it was there. It was always there or was it truly ever infinite? How many different ways can someone write the digits one through nine before finally reaching a solid number? The threads must work the same way. His mind wandered, but with it was the desire to find a place to nestle the Tenrai. Words, silenced, mind, tinkering away and chipping away at the probable Infinit losing himself in his own thoughts as he blindly paced aloof from her.
"ehhh......." Pausing at this question for a moment. "I'm more or less a nomad to these lands.. I live no where and travel everywhere. With that said I am not seeking anything. Simply to keep moving forward." This after all..is all she felt like she could do. There was no way of getting back to where she came from, that was known in that time. What else could she do? "..And you? Where are going to go then? You don't seem like you belong here just as much as I do." A spark of curiosity was about Mitsuki when she asked this. There was no where else to go but forward as was stated. Nothing could be wrong with traveling with another.

In that moment movement could be heard coming from a distance in the location that she previously had came. Noises coming from within the brushes, the leaves shaken a bit and then stilled. Silence. The snow fell in a rather harsh manner in which made it difficult for any normal person to see properly but not her. It was her companion and friend; Tykki. Rushing along towards her and the new stranger Tykki stopped at her side, nudging at her hand fondly. Happy to see Mitsuki. Delicately she stroked his head with affection smiling down to him. "Si mi bivai ihk xihoodir wux, tykki." (I am sorry for worrying you, Tykki..) The enlarged creature was over-joyed to see her however not so fond at the sight of this 'man' before her. All he did was push her back in a nudge and sat right in front of her. Separating the two.

His steps halted so abrupt, not because of the large feline appearance, but because he felt as though he may half solved the riddle to the intinit. Infinite is a theory. Something that was composed for that which cannot be fathomed because of the consistence of a sole start point. "I may have stumbled upon..." His words drifting off into shortened whispers. Looking down at the beast so protective over her he shook his head. So little to lose at this point. Such a burden on a single man's shoulders.

"If there is no where for you to travel and you pace in endless disarray, then travel with me." A rather, spontaneous offer considering the two had only just met, but with so much power at his fingertips there was little risk in the matter except the cost of his Dominion. Sometimes, a risk has to be taken. A few more steps ahead brought him ahead of both her and the large black furred feline. "Come with me then. May we find a place to settle. A place to call home across the verses of what could be forever; that we never reach a goal." He turned to face her with an extended hand. "Your concepts of time and reality. Loose them, should you choose to join me."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Iridescent Conundrum 1x1 (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus